VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Dark Knight [v0.1.1] [Ambir Interactive]

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I like where this is going hope it doesn't get abandoned
good luck with the game
Been there, done that. Believe it or not, I pretty much resurrected this project 5 months after the current situation in the world nearly stuck a death blow to it. Not doing that again. It's fucking awful and I really want to finish this, no matter what happens.

I don't want to start the war but having harem planned, I have to ask, Are you going to add Ntr to the game? Or some kind of unavoidable scene between some of the girls and other guys? I hope not, the truth is that I like the game and it has potential but I am not a big fan of that content and it would ruin the game for me.
I have a rule. No kink-shaming. If anyone here is into NTR, then more power to you. I happen to dislike it and will never feature it in a story I create, ever, period, non negociable, even if you beg me or pay me for it. So, if that is something you were worried about, you can be at peace.

Nah, there is something easily better than that: Fulfilled potential.

And basing it off on the splendid sample art&planned tags, I sure hope this will be the case here.

I merely mean to recommend a bit of work on the nipples (contours, i.e better/more visible outlines) and using far camera shots sparsely for H for the same reason how too close ups of just genitals are much less exiting (cut-ins yes, no face, hell no). Both sure take less resources/time but in return have much less merit.

Especially for 'Corruption' Facial Expressions are vital. Imho there is not even a need to overdo them thou' like it is frequently done... personally I prefer to have some semblance of purity/cuteness left and she sure looks cute. Definitely putting this on my watch list at least.

Update frequency does not matter as much as how much content there is made within a timeframe. Two Base HCG per month is already a fair pace and with corruption, you can reuse the base CG to easily add further production value (not quite as much merit as a new Base HCG but takes far less work). An update each month might be recommended to keep Patreons happy but otherwise... people like to have at least every 3 months something substantial.
Okay, I just want to make something clear for everyone in this thread. The art of this game was not made by me. It was commissionned by me, made by people I consider to be extremely competent at what they do and it is owned by me. If there is art to be added in the game, it will come from competent artists that I will hire to do the job. (Or, maybe someone will eventually join my team, who knows.)

With that in mind, I am sorry if you feel like there are not enough art assets in the game. That being said, I might not be able to meet your expectations on that front for the time being, because right now the game has a very low income and all of the art being made is paid out of my pocket.

Up until now, the entirety of the game earning were used to pay for the art, and, well until I start making something like 500 to 1000$ a month, it will remain that way, because I want to offer you guys the best experience possible. Limited income will, however, put a limit on what I can do.

TLDR: While I'm a lot of thing, artist is not part of my portfolio. If people pay me, I'll add more art to the game. If they don't, I'll do what I can with what I have and the amount of art might remain a little scarce for the time being.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Oh... Eh please don't take this as a sob story. The art for the first chapter is already made and paid for. So, the first chapter will be finished no matter what happens, I can guarantee it. And as I've indicated, I plan on finishing this game whatever happens, so if money isn't there, it just means I'll have to find an alternate way of financing the project. If you like this project, you're welcome to participate.

Otherwise, well just telling me you like what I do and giving me honest feedback if you don't is already tremendous help. So thank you.

Ame

Mar 24, 2020
I'll keep my eye on this one, please no nonsense NTR dev!

And of course, good luck with the game!. It looks good at first ... although of course, there are always details that could be improved or even changed, keep it up same way :p

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, the devil is in the details. I was planning on rewriting the first day in it's entirety, but from what I'm getting, it's mostly the first bit that might need some reworking. So, I'm probably going to rewrite only that part. Dunno when, but probably as a part of the next update or the one after that.

Thank you for the feedback!

Reactions: Ame

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I'll just watch for an update here before I check it out.. seems it has a lot of good feedback so far.

Aug 4, 2018
I played and it seems pretty cool with a considerable potential. As for questions to the dev I have one: do you have planned including the romance tag in the game post? because it seems there are a few choices in-game that I, personally liked. I don't know if that would be a main focus on the future, or a possible route, etc.

As for updates, I personally like the ones with huge amount of content instead of the few by few ones.

P.S: sorry for bad english if it is.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I played and it seems pretty cool with a considerable potential. As for questions to the dev I have one: do you have planned including the romance tag in the game post? because it seems there are a few choices in-game that I, personally liked. I don't know if that would be a main focus on the future, or a possible route, etc.

As for updates, I personally like the ones with huge amount of content instead of the few by few ones.

P.S: sorry for bad english if it is.
Romance is part of the game, yes.
As for adding it to the game tag, I will have to ask a moderator because I am not the owner of the thread.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
He's helping her because his "Goddess" is Martha and she raised this dark knight to be a good boy.

In all seriousness, I like the description of the plotline. It seems like this will read more like an actual story than be played as an h game? Also, I am very happy to hear there will be no NTR in this. As for kinks I would suggest, how about adding reverse r of the dark knight such as by an assasain girl? Whatever you do, do not change the name!

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Oh... Eh please don't take this as a sob story. The art for the first chapter is already made and paid for. So, the first chapter will be finished no matter what happens, I can guarantee it. And as I've indicated, I plan on finishing this game whatever happens, so if money isn't there, it just means I'll have to find an alternate way of financing the project. If you like this project, you're welcome to participate.

Otherwise, well just telling me you like what I do and giving me honest feedback if you don't is already tremendous help. So thank you.
Oh thank God for that statement, so many potential 2D games got abandoned half way because of financial problem so when you determined to finish it no matter what me and many on the site truly are grateful.

MoPoRoNo

Apr 17, 2020
Decent anime-style art worthy of a watch. But, the style difference between the characters and CG is too much.

What fetishes are planned? Are there going to be free-roam moments or role-playing elements, or just a straight-through novel?

Girl is a virgin, so I wish there is a branch to complete the game without taking it, or to give it to someone else.

Not sure if demo is representative, but I personally don't enjoy when I am rewarded with sexual content in the first 5 minutes, and every 5 minutes after.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Is there gonna be a solo romance route?
really enjoying the game for now, best of luck!

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
He's helping her because his "Goddess" is Martha and she raised this dark knight to be a good boy.

In all seriousness, I like the description of the plotline. It seems like this will read more like an actual story than be played as an h game? Also, I am very happy to hear there will be no NTR in this. As for kinks I would suggest, how about adding reverse r of the dark knight such as by an assasain girl? Whatever you do, do not change the name!
You're right. It's indeed a visual novel, and as such, most of the gameplay is going to be options to steer the story as you would like to see it play (with lots of reading). I'd planned on adding a combat system, but honestly it was a bit shit so I removed it. It's in the game files, so it wouldn't be super hard to reimplement, although I think it would require several fixes to be enjoyable. The issue with adding gameplay like this is that I'm also the writer, so the more "systems" I add to the game, the less story I write and the less the game will progress.
Now, I'm open to making this a bit more into a game if it's something people would enjoy. That being said, it's not the direction I'm currently taking, so if you'd like something like that better, it would be important to tell me. That won't guarantee that I will do it, but I'm always looking for ways to improve the game, and feedback and suggestions are a great source of ideas on how to do so.

TLDR: It's a visual novel, so yeah, more story than gameplay.

Decent anime-style art worthy of a watch. But, the style difference between the characters and CG is too much.

What fetishes are planned? Are there going to be free-roam moments or role-playing elements, or just a straight-through novel?

Girl is a virgin, so I wish there is a branch to complete the game without taking it, or to give it to someone else.

Not sure if demo is representative, but I personally don't enjoy when I am rewarded with sexual content in the first 5 minutes, and every 5 minutes after.
Sorry if you're unhappy with the art. That part is going to be hard to change, so it's more moving forward that I can make improvements on it. If there are glaring issues, I'm happy to come back later and make changes. Right now I have no plan on addressing art complaints that pertain to content that is inside the game, however as I'd rather focus my ressources on going forward.

Fetishes. Hummm. So far, I'd say I mostly planned to have a harem game where you can fuck a couple of different girls and probably some side characters, each with their own personality, which will probably involve a different approach with each different girl. We're still a bit early in the game, so there's not a definite list of fetishes planned, and I'm somewhat flexible when it comes to them.

As for free roam-moments, I'm not going to commit to either yes or no on this. I have ideas of parts of the game where I wanted to experiment with free roam, however experiments can either be succesful or end up in a failure. And if it's not fun, it won't be included in the release.

I am planning to include a way to avoid the content with the girls. However, you will not be able to give your girls to someone else. The reason is simple, I do not enjoy that kind of thing and do not feel like writing scenes like this. Sorry to disappoint.

As for your last comment about sex every five minutes, that's not something that's substainable. The reason there seems to be so much in the demo is that originally, I was supposed to have many more assets in the game, and the first release was supposed to be much longer. There were some issues, so I took the decision to use the assets I had on hand at the time and to do what I could with them.
To be fully transparent, when this was leaked, I was thinking of rewriting the entire first chapter to improve on it, so the demo won't be indicative of the rest of the game. My hope is that I will be able to keep what is good in this demo and improve on the negative parts moving forward. As for this first day, given the feedback I've gotten, there's going to be some rework at one point or another, so thank you for the feedback!

TLDR: I dont have a list of fetishes to give you and there might be free roam if it makes sense with the game. You can avoid fucking the girls, however you won't be able to tell them who to fuck with. And no, the demo won't be representative of the rest of the game, because I plan on making the game better.

Is there gonna be a solo romance route?
really enjoying the game for now, best of luck!
I need to ask you a question here.
When you say "solo romance", do you mean:
1. "If I just decide to date one girl, I have extra content for that girl", or
2. "I'm able to skip the girls I don't like, thus simply getting the content relevant to the girl(s) I like"?

If you mean option 1 (extra content), that was part of my initial plan, however it's been pushed further in the future to allow me to make this game. For the time being, I will use the ressources at my disposal to simply make one route for this game. As for the other routes, that will remain to be seen as I won't be satisfied with just half-assing it. If I have the choice between making individual routes badly or not doing individual routes, I won't be doing them.

If you mean option 2 (being able to avoid girls I don't like), then sure, that's going to be part of the game.

TLDR: For now, no, for the future, most likely, provided I have the ressources to make something good.

Last edited:

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
You're right. It's indeed a visual novel, and as such, most of the gameplay is going to be options to steer the story as you would like to see it play (with lots of reading). I'd planned on adding a combat system, but honestly it was a bit shit so I removed it. It's in the game files, so it wouldn't be super hard to reimplement, although I think it would require several fixes to be enjoyable. The issue with adding gameplay like this is that I'm also the writer, so the more "systems" I add to the game, the less story I write and the less the game will progress.
Now, I'm open to making this a bit more into a game if it's something people would enjoy. That being said, it's not the direction I'm currently taking, so if you'd like something like that better, it would be important to tell me. That won't guarantee that I will do it, but I'm always looking for ways to improve the game, and feedback and suggestions are a great source of ideas on how to do so.

TLDR: It's a visual novel, so yeah, more story than gameplay.

Sorry if you're unhappy with the art. That part is going to be hard to change, so it's more moving forward that I can make improvements on it. If there are glaring issues, I'm happy to come back later and make changes. Right now I have no plan on addressing art complaints that pertain to content that is inside the game, however as I'd rather focus my ressources on going forward.

Fetishes. Hummm. So far, I'd say I mostly planned to have a harem game where you can fuck a couple of different girls and probably some side characters, each with their own personality, which will probably involve a different approach with each different girl. We're still a bit early in the game, so there's not a definite list of fetishes planned, and I'm somewhat flexible when it comes to them.

As for free roam-moments, I'm not going to commit to either yes or no on this. I have ideas of parts of the game where I wanted to experiment with free roam, however experiments can either be succesful or end up in a failure. And if it's not fun, it won't be included in the release.

I am planning to include a way to avoid the content with the girls. However, you will not be able to give your girls to someone else. The reason is simple, I do not enjoy that kind of thing and do not feel like writing scenes like this. Sorry to disappoint.

As for your last comment about sex every five minutes, that's not something that's substainable. The reason there seems to be so much in the demo is that originally, I was supposed to have many more assets in the game, and the first release was supposed to be much longer. There were some issues, so I took the decision to use the assets I had on hand at the time and to do what I could with them.
To be fully transparent, when this was leaked, I was thinking of rewriting the entire first chapter to improve on it, so the demo won't be indicative of the rest of the game. My hope is that I will be able to keep what is good in this demo and improve on the negative parts moving forward. As for this first day, given the feedback I've gotten, there's going to be some rework at one point or another, so thank you for the feedback!

TLDR: I dont have a list of fetishes to give you and there might be free roam if it makes sense with the game. You can avoid fucking the girls, however you won't be able to tell them who to fuck with. And no, the demo won't be representative of the rest of the game, because I plan on making the game better.

I need to ask you a question here.
When you say "solo romance", do you mean:
1. "If I just decide to date one girl, I have extra content for that girl", or
2. "I'm able to skip the girls I don't like, thus simply getting the content relevant to the girl(s) I like"?

If you mean option 1 (extra content), that was part of my initial plan, however it's been pushed further in the future to allow me to make this game. For the time being, I will use the ressources at my disposal to simply make one route for this game. As for the other routes, that will remain to be seen as I won't be satisfied with just half-assing it. If I have the choice between making individual routes badly or not doing individual routes, I won't be doing them.

If you mean option 2 (being able to avoid girls I don't like), then sure, that's going to be part of the game.

TLDR: For now, no, for the future, most likely, provided I have the ressources to make something good.
Perfect, thank you for answering my question

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Sex scenes are going to be animated?
Unlikely.

Edit:
I'm really sorry, it's just, you know, I don't really have any artists on hand that know how to animate, and it's usually pretty damn expansive. If it becomes possible at a point, I will do my best, so please don't be sad. It's just not possible right now, ok?

Android port please
It think right this moment android port is fucked for some reason. At least that's what I was reading some dev talk about yesterday. I will look into porting this to android whenever possible.

Last edited: