VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Dark Knight [v0.1.1] [Ambir Interactive]

Cascadia

Mar 2, 2021
Great work! I particularly liked the action scenes. Character design is great but backgrounds could use a little more detail.

Look forward to the next update.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ambir

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
within 1st min of gameplay, there are few typos already. maybe you want to some proof reading.

Reactions: Ambir

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
within 1st min of gameplay, there are few typos already. maybe you want to some proof reading.
"Within the first minute of gameplay there are a few typos already. Maybe you want to do some proofreading."

Sure, if you point them out for me I'll be happy to correct them. It's easier to review other people's text than your own.
Also... English is not my first language, so try as I might, it's not always immaculate.

I will review the text to see if I can catch them tho, so thank you for your suggestion :giggle:

Ps: It is mighty amusing to see someone comment on your grammar with so many errors in their sentence, so please excuse my silliness, I just couldn't help myself. Really, no offence meant or anything, just having fun here.

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I thought this was a batman parody at first, but I was definitely impressed. Looking forward to this.
You are not alone, if you scroll up you will see several posters saying the same.

Ambir Please add some subtle B*tman references to the game. That may not be the h game that we deserve, but the h game that we need.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Hi everyone. I've made an important poll regarding the next update, so if you could go check it out, it would be awesome.
Basically, I just want to know if you'd prefer a fast update without sex, or if you'd rather wait a month or two for the next update to have a sex scene and double the content the fast update would have had.

Let me know what you think.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Well. I think the poll ran for long enough. Going to take the time it takes to make the bigger update I'd planned, which means about a month till next update. No promises on the date tho. I've learned my lesson about rushing artists, so if it takes two months, so be it.

I will keep making daily updates on twitter so if you're interested in knowing what's going on, there's a link to that in my signature.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Made an update on patreon about the project. Probably not the news any of you wanted to hear, but it is what it is.
You can skip to the TLDR if you're not a fan of reading.

I am sorry to hear the news. For what it is worth, I confidant the Dark Knight will rise after the man behind the hero recovers from his personal business and has prep time.

I am also very happy to see an honest dev who is willing to be honest with his fanbase and suspend payments rather than letting them ride.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Made an update on patreon about the project. Probably not the news any of you wanted to hear, but it is what it is.
You can skip to the TLDR if you're not a fan of reading.

At least you putting it on hold only and didn't straight up abandon it like so many games on the site when developers got into similar situation, so I'm understand and hopefully that 1 day the project will be develop again

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Ambir Did you authorize someone to resell your game? reads a lot like this.
I did not.
Thank you for telling me, I will be contacting that person to clear things up.

Edit: I messaged support as well as the seller. Hopefully I will get a quick answer so I can either shut the thing down or get the funds people put toward my project to fund development.

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Ambir Did you authorize someone to resell your game? reads a lot like this.
Good job signaling our dev on this:

BatSignal.jpg

I did not.
Thank you for telling me, I will be contacting that person to clear things up.

Edit: I messaged support as well as the seller. Hopefully I will get a quick answer so I can either shut the thing down or get the funds people put toward my project to fund development.
Good for you taking prompt action on this, it sounds like this thief needs some justice!

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Alright, so I think I have a solid plan for this continuing this project.

There are going to be drastic changes in the gameplay and scenario of this chapter, but I it's going to be a better match for the assets I have. (Basically, I've decided to warp the game story and design around the assets I have instead of trying to get enough assets to make the story as I wanted it. Probably should have thought about that one sooner, but at least I'm getting there now.)

I can't give you an ETA, but if I was to draw a blurry timeline, I'd say that it is going to take me at least three weeks to rework TDK (that is, the minimum possible date I could release an update would be around the 31st january if everything goes well, keep in mind that this might double or triple, depending on what's happening in real life).

I won't say anymore, so I don't spoil anything, but just know that the I'm going to do my damnedest to keep the story intact and to allow the idea that sparked this project to shine through even if it will undoubtedly be a wildly different game than what I'd initially planned on doing.

PS: This is just some news about the project, and not an update, so I understand if you're doubtful. I'll get around to publishing an update to TDK as soon as I can, it is an absolute promise.

Edit: Just wanted to point out that this is the result of a discussion I've had with another developer. Might ask him if he's okay with me sharing his name, but for the time being, I just wanted to clarify that without his input, I would not be considering a rework just yet. The ideas he gave me are invaluable, and while the result might not be exactly what everyone wanted, this is absolutely what I needed to restart working on this project.

Edit 2: I've just been informed that after 6 months without update, a game will get the abandonned tag, so if you see it being put on this project, just know that it's because I haven't updated in a while, and not because I'm abandonning the project, okay?

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Alright, so I think I have a solid plan for this continuing this project.

There are going to be drastic changes in the gameplay and scenario of this chapter, but I it's going to be a better match for the assets I have. (Basically, I've decided to warp the game story and design around the assets I have instead of trying to get enough assets to make the story as I wanted it. Probably should have thought about that one sooner, but at least I'm getting there now.)

I can't give you an ETA, but if I was to draw a blurry timeline, I'd say that it is going to take me at least three weeks to rework TDK (that is, the minimum possible date I could release an update would be around the 31st january if everything goes well, keep in mind that this might double or triple, depending on what's happening in real life).

I won't say anymore, so I don't spoil anything, but just know that the I'm going to do my damnedest to keep the story intact and to allow the idea that sparked this project to shine through even if it will undoubtedly be a wildly different game than what I'd initially planned on doing.

PS: This is just some news about the project, and not an update, so I understand if you're doubtful. I'll get around to publishing an update to TDK as soon as I can, it is an absolute promise.

Edit: Just wanted to point out that this is the result of a discussion I've had with another developer. Might ask him if he's okay with me sharing his name, but for the time being, I just wanted to clarify that without his input, I would not be considering a rework just yet. The ideas he gave me are invaluable, and while the result might not be exactly what everyone wanted, this is absolutely what I needed to restart working on this project.

Edit 2: I've just been informed that after 6 months without update, a game will get the abandonned tag, so if you see it being put on this project, just know that it's because I haven't updated in a while, and not because I'm abandonning the project, okay?
It will certainly be different to see the game change but it is a necessary change to see The Dark Knight returns.