The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Several sales at rendo
70% off a set of items (till Tuesday)
60% off a set of items (only today)
50%/60% prime a large set of 2D assets (till Thursday)
And some stores at 50% (3DLoki, Pamawo)

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Daz3d "loyal customers", you may have an orange banner today. It seems pretty good:

1663600281364.png

The list includes about 8000 items.

This may be a glitch so you may want to act fast: at the moment you can get both of these deals at once, so you get 3 select daz originals for free on a $20 purchase (maybe one item has to be over $5, didn't check that subtlety).

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Several sales at rendo
70% off a set of items (till Tuesday)
60% off a set of items (only today)
50%/60% prime a large set of 2D assets (till Thursday)
And some stores at 50% (3DLoki, Pamawo)
Yes! Have been waiting for a Pamawo sale!

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Apparently I'm no longer a loyal Daz3D.com customer... I just have an orange banner which gives a slightly better discount on Stonemason stuff...

Which is kind of funny since I've spent somewhere around $15k on Daz3D.com stuff at this point (and nearly 15k items, so roughly $1 per item average including freebies). Looks like (including freebies) that I'm averaging around a 94% discount (vs. full retail price). Some of those items I may never use for anything though, like my now rather extensive botanical freebies selection...

So, I guess I should be offended or something since I wasn't loyalty discount coupon worthy this time.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
In other news, Pamawo's interview is up!

Interesting that he's also a director, and is currently working on a feature film for Netflix. I'm just glad that he also finds time to make cool assets for us!

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Apparently I'm no longer a loyal Daz3D.com customer... I just have an orange banner which gives a slightly better discount on Stonemason stuff...

Which is kind of funny since I've spent somewhere around $15k on Daz3D.com stuff at this point (and nearly 15k items, so roughly $1 per item average including freebies). Looks like (including freebies) that I'm averaging around a 94% discount (vs. full retail price). Some of those items I may never use for anything though, like my now rather extensive botanical freebies selection...

So, I guess I should be offended or something since I wasn't loyalty discount coupon worthy this time.
Guess I'm also not a loyal customer, despite being a Plus member since 2018, lol.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
The current “get 2 Daz Originals Starter Bundles for $7 with featured artist purchase”, which includes some really cheap stuff like sunglasses to qualify, seems pretty good. STARTER-SAVINGS

It also makes me a little suspicious that the big announcement this week *is* G9, so they are trying to move these g3/g8 bundles now, lol.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
It also makes me a little suspicious that the big announcement this week *is* G9
It seems almost guaranteed at this point its Daz Studio 5 + Genesis 9. Seems like a good combination to announce/release both together. In the forum someone mentioned there was a placeholder for Genesis 9 Head/Body morphs product on the store page today. So at this point, I am expecting Genesis 9 tomorrow.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A "Down MEMORY LANE" sale at rendo with products at 75% off till Thursday. Mostly poser or V4/M4 stuff, but some G3/G8 chars too.

Reactions: oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A "Down MEMORY LANE" sale at rendo with products at 75% off till Thursday. Mostly poser or V4/M4 stuff, but some G3/G8 chars too.
This one might be notable to a couple of people around here that customize their own clothing textures (and maybe also for tattoos?), priced at $2.50. Also includes Photoshop brushes (CS3+) as well as images that are suitable for tiling and such.

Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick note on today's Daz3D.com sale.

There's a '60% off Starter/Pro bundles and pay only for items that you don't own' sale. The 60% off isn't particularly notable, BUT, if there is a bundle(s) in the mix that you own all/nearly all and are looking for something to trigger the $15 freebie...

I had a couple of older pro bundles which I already owned everything in that 'fell through the cracks' in some previous similar sale, and of course pro bundles can easily meet the $15 threshold. I just tested this, seems to work just fine!

Also, there's a new Daz+ freebie today, but it's only $14.95 retail.

Just wanted to point this situation out, in case some of you might be looking for qualifier stuff to snag freebies with...

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
BUT, if there is a bundle(s) in the mix that you own all/nearly all and are looking for something to trigger the $15 freebie...
It's been mentioned before, but it's worth realizing that if you own everything in a bundle (e.g. a starter bundle where you already own the pro bundle), that you can buy that bundle for $0 during this sort of sale, which will make the store know that you own it and hide it from you henceforth, which can be worth doing to improve the overall store experience. (This is better than the Daz Deals hiding, which doesn't always work on searches.)

I knew about this but, when I checked it last time, I thought it didn't work. That's because the preview cart that pops up sometimes doesn't reflect special discounts; in this case, it shows discounted bundles due to you having some of it, but if you have all of it it shows the price as if you had none, so it looks like you're still going to be charged for the bundle in that cart, but when you click through to the real cart they're at $0.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
There is the livecast of the daz jaw-dropping "big event" real soon now and it seems that people that register and attend the event will get a freebie. Not sure that this freebie will be worth a couple of hour livecast, but in case you wanted to see it, you are warned.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
So G9, available in October. Studio 5.0 is still in development but nowhere close to being ready.

The new Victoria 9 used in the demo looked a lot like Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn and I think surpasses V7 as the best looking of the line.

G9 is once again a unisex figure like the original Genesis figure, with double the mesh density of G8. HD is now built in instead of being a pricey add-on. The Mouth and Eyes are now separate objects and the skin will now come in 8K! One nice feature is that proportional body scaling is now available, so if you want a shorter or taller person the head stays the same size when you scale. Creating a realistic little person is now possible with just a slider.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Here is the freebie
That is one underwhelming freebie, but it does give you a way to inspect the json actually to see the new rig. I assume the bone structure must be in there as well.

All in all I actually did like the new figure, but find it hard to convince myself to pre-order it. It would be useful to have if you're planning to make clothing or figure assets to sell, or maybe try to make converter products or something like that. But from the perspective of "I wanna make her do kinky stuff in my VN", it just seems not worth it yet.

Also, I did pretty much let myself be hyped up when G8.1 came out and bought that, but I remember that as way better deal back then, like I am pretty sure I got something like "get 25% of a gift card" with it. Not sure anymore though. Either way, I could just use it with all my G8 figures and could immediately take advantage of the PBR shader, with Genesis 9 I can't. Plus now I know they gonna sell the Victoria9 bundle for ~10$ or so two months after release.

The expressions also actually looked really nice, and I think that they're trying to improve those is a good idea. But when they showed the comparison I kind of had to roll my eyes, because of course the expression G8 is going to look kind of horrible if you just crank it up to 100%. Also no one is stopping me from using PowerPose et al to make better looking subtle expressions.

The mouth on G9 is probably what I would think of as the biggest improvement. The unigender thing seems like a big change from my perspective cause I never really used G1, but I somewhat don't care I guess. Better topology is nice though, hopefully it improves the hip area as well and not just the breasts, certain "extreme" leg poses always end up causing ugly stretching and weird folds in that area. The mouth/tongue however was a huge improvement compared to G8, at least from my initial impression. That could clearly be useful for some of our use cases I feel.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
UVs look pretty different.
Here is the freebie:
Carlyle.png
The only somewhat interesting thing about this is he switched from the male to female figures and the outfit autofit them both pretty decently. But it's hardly a challenging outfit to test.

Reactions: oaiki
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote