The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I can't really figure out why, but some of the Riversoft Art posing utilities are 82% off currently, which is quite a lot actually.

Since posing is kind of the main point I consider these somewhat useful. Though I have to say since I am more and more switching over to blender for posing, scripts like these are becoming considerably less useful to me.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I can't really figure out why, but some of the Riversoft Art posing utilities are 82% off currently, which is quite a lot actually.

Since posing is kind of the main point I consider these somewhat useful. Though I have to say since I am more and more switching over to blender for posing, scripts like these are becoming considerably less useful to me.
probably selling off to maximise market penetration and user reliance before the inevitable G9 versions are released ... cynical? probably, but hey, I'm a sucker and got reeled in :rolleyes:

Reactions: FranceToast

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
There's a for the next 48 hours.

50% isn't that unusual (and some of these vendors have been at 60-70% for three hours recently), but there's so many, and coupons are allowed on some of them. COMMNEWSSEP2022P15B5 is still working for another 15% on top (total discount: 58%).

Here's all of the vendors in this sale, grouped by what they primarily sell for G3/G8.

Characters:

• (and clothing, clothing texture expansions)
  • (and clothing)
Women's clothes with undressing or exposing morphs
  • (all)
  • (all, also on-floor & draped-on-chair morphs)
  • (all, also on-floor & draped-on-chair morphs) (also clothing texture expansions)
  • (half?)
  • (half?)
  • (a few)
  • (a few)
  • (a few)
  • (very few)
Women's clothes without special-effect morphs
  • (and clothing texture expansions, textures, other 2d graphics)
  • (mostly geoshell) (also poses)
  • (and G3 characters)
  • (mostly male)
  • (mostly G3)
Texture expansions for women's clothes
  • (and characters)
  • (and clothes)
  • (and characters)
Hair
  • (mostly texture expansions)
Objects and environments
  • (and clothing)
  • (and poses)
  • (and poses)
  • (plants)
Other
  • (animals, etc., no Genesis 3/8)
  • (animals, etc.)
  • (clothing & textures for non-Genesis)
  • (2d graphics, non-Genesis stuff)

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
DAZ is having a 'Props' Flash sale, 58% off, 68% 3+.
Stuff that won't be made obsolete by Gen9, lol. I do want to mention

Just a ton of stuff for the classroom, but really weird that they never included any subscenes/scenes with the classroom they were designed for, just have to place all the shit by yourself, have fun!
EXCEPT:

This person actually cataloged all the missing parts, and made a scene file to place everything as is pictured in the sales photos.
and:

This person actually rigged up the classroom itself, making drawers work, etc.

There are a lot of classrooms out there (including a professional free one I posted in the free thread), but this one is actually pretty nice as well. DAZ allowing the props to be shipped somewhat haphazardly (and missing stuff) always puzzles me, especially after people call it out. Have some pride in what you sell, FFS.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
I'm curious about the economics/target customer between the various 3D stores.

I've had this on my wishlist for ages, but it's one of those things I just think looks cool, as opposed to my actually needing it (which is why its on my wishlist)

1664383299240.png
List price $22.99, on sale for $9.18 (and according to DAZDeals, has been available for $1.99!)

I got a notification from Renderhub about some 3D spaces on sale:

1664383359323.png
This on is list price $199, and on sale for $119

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
The one on RenderHub is in 3ds Max format and given the price of Autodesk's 3ds Max and Maya software the $199 price tag will be what their customers are used to. ... and they probably look down on us plebs using free software ;)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm curious about the economics/target customer between the various 3D stores.

I've had this on my wishlist for ages, but it's one of those things I just think looks cool, as opposed to my actually needing it (which is why its on my wishlist)

View attachment 2069847
List price $22.99, on sale for $9.18 (and according to DAZDeals, has been available for $1.99!)

I got a notification from Renderhub about some 3D spaces on sale:

View attachment 2069848
This on is list price $199, and on sale for $119
I bought this one (for $1.99) as a bachelor pad of sorts, if I ever need a place for a guy to take a cute girl home to bang...

Dunno if the Daz version has a white appliances option, but there's various shaders which could probably get you there.

I'll be interested to see if the Fall Daz+ sale kicks off on Friday, or if they wait until Monday... and one other thing but I don't want to jinx it.

The one on RenderHub is in 3ds Max format and given the price of Autodesk's 3ds Max and Maya software the $199 price tag will be what their customers are used to. ... and they probably look down on us plebs using free software ;)

If they don't want plebs over at Renderhub, then they definitely don't want a cheap bastard wannabe pleb like me! Daz Studio does everything a 'hobbyist' like myself could want or need (well mostly), I'm probably never going to bother with 3DS Max or Maya.

I know a few of you have 'graduated' to Blender but I just don't see the need. Plus the last time I messed with Blender, it frustrated the blazes out of me, yet somehow I seem to make do just fine with Hexagon and Daz Studio.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Rendo has a new "volume discount" policy (seems to be for a limited time?).
You get $7 off a $34+ purchase and $9 if the purchase is over $44. If you are just at the threshold this corresponds to a 20% discount which is rather good. BUT it does not stack with coupons...
There is a great advantage over coupons as it applies even to prime/clearance/bundles and other usually undiscountable items. And it is usable several times. But you must purchase for $34...
(Gift certificates are not explicitely excluded from the discount in the announce, but I tried to purchase one and it does not work...)

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I really dislike the incentives renderosity gives, this volume discount rewards endlessly puzzling your order cause to get the optimal discount, you have to hit just the threshold, and then if you want to buy more then that encourages you to make a second order, again trying to just about hit the threshold where you get 7$ or 9$ off.

9 out of 44 is 20%, so that changes the current 50% in most stores to 70%, pretty much the same as in (some) of the surprise sales, but only if you actually hit the 44 exactly, if you go above, it gets worse.

At least it makes absolutely no difference if you spend 34$ or 44$, in both cases you get same 20% of extra discount. Also, I assume they have still not noticed that our magic coupon is useable more then once, because if that only worked once as it should, it would encourage using it on one bigger order instead of splitting everything out into multiple orders.

EDIT: Oh, the coupon doesn't actually work with the volume discount. I had not noticed that.

EDIT2: Ah, well, I guess I just wanted to complain. The discount is not that bad and really worth it for vendors who never have high discounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
9 out of 44 is 20%, so that changes the current 50% in most stores to 70%, pretty much the same as in (some) of the surprise sales, but only if you actually hit the 44 exactly, if you go above, it gets worse.
Daz math isn't just for Daz. The volume discount makes the total savings 60%, not 70%.

Proof: At $44, you save $9, so you spend $35. That $44 cart is things on sale for 50%, so it's $88 dolars worth of stuff before the sale. So you're spending $35 to get $88, which is 39.77%, or a 60.23% discount.

BTW, if you spend $34 and save $7, that works out to a 60.30% discount, which, while technically slightly higher, is less than one cent. So it doesn't really matter whether you hit $34 or $44, as long as you come as close as possible.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
"
$4.50 Clearance Items

Or $3.40 each* when you buy 8+
"

The sales team at Daz is funny :rolleyes:
they write the numbers (left to right ascending separated by a single space) down in a row and randomly stick a pin between two numbers; another pin is stuck in the middle of a randomly selected number, they then count the spaces between the number to the right of the first pin and the second pin and stick a pin in that number space from the left:

pin 1 is the decimal point for the discount price: $4.5
pin 2 in the number of items required for the extra discount: 8
pin 3 is the decimal point for the extra discounted price: $3.4

if the result of pin 3 is greated than that of pin 1 the the roles are reversed.

Sometimes they have two interns hold up the strip of paper and throw darts , the extra risk adds to the excitement.

Quite simple and straight forward really

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Is there anything special about it? As far as I can tell these freebies are always free?

EDI: Oh, also only 10 free downloads per day, I wasn't aware of that.
It's the first time I got the notification (or at least paid attention to it) ... and yes, I was enjoying myself until I hit the limit :(

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote