The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
This might qualify as deal:

This is a bundle of all environments that guy has ever made, and also all future environments according to the description? And it's at 50% off currently. In the questions he mentions this might be a temporary offer (so FOMO!).

It's actually quite the deal in terms of just quantity that you get. But maybe next month it is going to be 70% off? Wouldn't be the first time that happens on the Unreal Marketplace.

EDIT: Well I have been looking through all of them, they have good reviews most of the time. Though it does seem like quite a few have relatively low resolution textures. So looks good from afar, not so good from up close.

EDIT2: Just fyi I just kind of decided against it for now, it just feels like there is a lot of not-that-great stuff in there that I wouldn't buy on its own. Some of the assets do look nice though, but I feel like it would be cheaper to just buy those alone. One good thing is he includes sounds in most of these, that's kind of a nice thing.

For the amount of money I'd rather buy some other assets that I consider to be higher quality.

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
DAZ Anniversary Sale is here:

1664605273896.png

Some seriously cheap deals for DAZ+ members, unless I'm missing something here.

Edit: Ok, well, the BYOB, 8 items for $2.99 for DAZ+ members looked amazing, but on first perusal I couldn't even pick 2 items from the 3 pages. The $1.99 list has a few of my wish list items though!

Edit Edit: I'm *not* complaining, but LOL the free anniversary bundle-I own three of best items already including the hair, which is usually the good part of these things, dang it.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
There is presently a glitch at the daz store. All items (and I mean ALL) are at $1.99. I just purchased some recent bundles that were in may cart for this price...
Be fast, it will be fixed asap, probably.

EDIT: it is fixed now. The display is still at $1.99, but the price in the cart is back to normal... :(
RE-EDIT: And now the displayed price is normal.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
40% off Daz+ Memberships btw. 40% off is the most we've seen since say the first of the year (including during the June Daz+ sale), so if you want to take advantage of the $1.99 deals, free bundles and such, now would be a good time to get or renew your Daz+ membership if you shop at the Daz3D.com store. Keeping in mind your store balance as well (i.e. use your 'bought at discount' store credit balance to grab the membership).

The current gift card sale is only 10% off, 18% off if you buy two new releases over $10, so that's not the best deal we've seen recently, but if your balance is low, it's better than nothing.

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
There is presently a glitch at the daz store. All items (and I mean ALL) are at $1.99. I just purchased some recent bundles that were in may cart for this price...
Be fast, it will be fixed asap, probably.

EDIT: it is fixed now. The display is still at $1.99, but the price in the cart is back to normal... :(
RE-EDIT: And now the displayed price is normal.
I got 186 notifications from DazDeals ... too late, they fixed it before I woke up ... :(

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
There is presently a glitch at the daz store. All items (and I mean ALL) are at $1.99.
That will mess up all Daz deals "recent best" prices. Already wondered why some items I am putting in my cart are displayed as being sold at 1.99$ recently.

EDIT: Also oh those painful dollar prices now. I just put a large gift card in my cart to "hedge" against the euro falling even further, and oh does it hurt now. You guys paying in dollars have probably noticed the Daz prices creeping up and the gift card discounts creeping down. Now imagine at the beginning of the year you had 20% off on every purchase which turned into 20% extra on any purchase now.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I got 186 notifications from DazDeals ... too late, they fixed it before I woke up ... :(
That will mess up all Daz deals "recent best" prices. Already wondered why some items I am putting in my cart are displayed as being sold at 1.99$ recently.
I was extremely lucky to enjoy the glitch. It lasted no more than 5 minutes. I had my cart ready with a $200+ bundle and another smaller bundle from the "daily specials" (which is not a bad deal: 65% off, given that the daz+ discount is 45%off instead of 30% makes a 80%+ discount and I have an orange banner with an extra 12% discount today) and I was wondering if it was a good idea to purchase them. I refreshed the cart just to see the insane $1.99 price. I checked out without double thinking (and I even purchased a $1.16 "spotlight item" for $1.99, but I will not ask a refund :D). I wrote the message here and a couple of minutes after, it was fixed.
Lesson of the day: If it seems too good to be true, check out immediately!

(I just expect that my order will not be cancelled. It already happened to me with some insanely good offers that were glitches.)

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
(I just expect that my order will not be cancelled. It already happened to me with some insanely good offers that were glitches.)
Don't think they can when you actually paid money. There was this glitch with the 3000+ free items you could get where they rolled them back. But other glitches in the past where people paid super low prices were always honoured by them.

EDIT: Wait, you said they did cancel orders for you? I had some glitches this year that were quite good (not to forget those gift card glitches too!) and there was never a problem with those.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
EDIT: Wait, you said they did cancel orders for you? I had some glitches this year that were quite good (not to forget those gift card glitches too!) and there was never a problem with those.
Yep. It was maybe one year ago and the deal was some thing like "buy some new releases and get a free item". But it happened that it worked with new releases that were free. And I used the glitch several times by repurchasing the same freebies (probably too many times). And my orders were "removed".
But actually, you are right, I did not may pay any money as all was free. It would be legally more difficult to cancel a paid order.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Yep. It was maybe one year ago and the deal was some thing like "buy some new releases and get a free item". But it happened that it worked with new releases that were free. And I used the glitch several times by repurchasing the same freebies (probably too many times). And my orders were "removed".
I assume that was the same thing I was talking about, there was like a huge list of freebies that you could get, and I spent hours just going through getting like a thousand or so items for free. Then they just rolled everything back and removed them from my library.

• Hey there
Reactions: oaiki and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Oh, they still had a glitch going on. I bought the gift card in the end with some items that were 62% off. And now they increased those prices. Only noticed because I was wondering how amster22 did get 80% on those daily specials.
You can get 65% off daily specials. That means that you pay 0.35 (out of 1) and as they are DO, you add 45%off and this finally gives 0.35*0.55=0.19 that is 81% off.
But yeah the price are rapidly varying. The "spotlight item" was $1.16 this morning and now $4.19. Another example of "runaway inflation". :unsure:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick note on the 10% off, 18% off with prereqs gift card sale for those that haven't jumped on it yet (not much time left, about 4.5 hours until Daz Midnight as of this post).

The $12.99 Anniversary bundle is a new item, and will trigger the discount as long as there is one other new release over $10 in your cart as well. That'd make the 'break point' for the extra 8% discount is somewhere over $250 (assuming you were at $20 exactly with 2 new releases), depending on how much your prereq items would cost. So a $100 gift card might not be worth your time as far as chasing the extra 8% with new items, but if you wanted the $12.99 Anniversary bundle anyways, that'd get you halfway there, but of course you might be better off buying it later with an extra 10% discount (if you just bought a 10% off gift card for example).

But if you were planning on say $250 or more to recharge your gift card balance, then it starts to look a bit more compelling! As to whether we will see a better gift card discount at some point later on this month, recent gift card sales don't give me a lot of confidence in that regard, so it's a guessing game.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Holy crap, I found a coupon code that works on gift cards!

15% off entire order with code
DAZ15

So 30% off total if you are going for the 18% off, this will also take 15% off of your two new release prereqs (except for the Anniversary Bundle, that's stubbornly still $12.99).

Just a little over a half hour left before Daz midnight, so move fast if you want to jump on the 10% off/18% off with 2 new releases over $10 each sale!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
glassware

This would depend on how low your current store credit balance is as well. Mine was marginal, and 30% off (total) was the best I've seen in a long time so it was a no brainer to me, and should tide me over for a good chunk of the Annual (Fall) Daz+ sale (perhaps all, my spending has tapered off recently), which is when I usually spend a lot of money. I may have missed out on a slightly better discount, but since we can't predict those things, again it's a judgement call.

I probably should have tried to put in an annual membership too, but it didn't occur to me at the time... if the 15% could be applied to 40% off Daz+ memberships too, that'd be pretty sweet but what's done is done.

Of course, the (discounted) store credit balance at 30% off would bump that 40% off to 58% off of full retail price if using said store credit, so there's that I suppose!

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
if you wanted the $12.99 Anniversary bundle anyways, that'd get you halfway there, but of course you might be better off buying it later with an extra 10% discount (if you just bought a 10% off gift card for example). But if you were planning on say $250 or more to recharge your gift card balance, then it starts to look a bit more compelling!
Yeah, I'm frequently harping on the fact that these attached requirements for Gift Cards discounts can undermine the savings from the Gift Card, but it's like you say: it's important to remember that if you were going to buy the thing anyway, the math is a bit different. Admittedly, the items may get cheaper later, and the Gift Card discount will apply to those items, but it may still be worth it to get them now.

I realize that this specific GC sale is over now, but let's work through it anyway. Here are four scenarios to consider, each of which plays out differently.
  1. Buy them now while buying the GC, so you get the 18% GC discount for other things.
  2. Buy them later (maybe when they're on sale) using this GC's 10% discount
  3. Buy them later (maybe when they're on sale) using a later, better discounted GC (e.g. 20% off, no-strings)
  4. Buy them later (maybe when they're on sale), but buy 2 other garbage items now to get the 18% discount now
Because there are a lot of different prices they could go on sale for in each of these cases, that's too many things to figure them all out. But here are a few cases; the most important ones IMO are the first and last.

• Suppose you have actually have no use for any New items. You're throwing away $20, so when does the savings on an 18% GC beat the savings on a 10% GC by $20? If the Gift Card is over $250, it's still cheaper.

• Suppose we imagine waiting until the New items we want are on sale for $7 each (which could be a long time!) and using this 10%-off Gift Card to buy them, vs just buying now. If the Gift Card is over $150, it's still cheaper.

• Suppose we wait until they're on sale for $5 each, and we use a second, future 20%-off Gift Card to buy them, vs just buying them now. Then for a Gift Card now over $210 it's still cheaper to just buy the items we want now at the same time.

• Suppose we wait until they're on sale and we buy two garbage items worth $20 now to get the discount, vs buying the items we want now. (In this case, we get the same GC discount, so the size of the GC doesn't matter.) Unless we were going to wait for them to be $6 combined (e.g. $2.99 each) or cheaper, it's better to just buy them now.

Regarding the last one, we're either throwing away $20 and getting an 18% discount on the things we want, or we're spending $25 on them now. Since the difference is $5, that's the price we need to buy them (after applying the GC discount) for it to be worth waiting.

And, of course, all of these scenarios are undermined if there's a 20% Gift Card sale one week later with no special requirements.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
As far as I'm aware, the DAZ15 code only works once, right? If so, it's really best used on a giant purchase and I'd personally wait for a better discount on cards for it. (It's what I'm currently doing, also writing this made me realize I forgot to stack the 10% off cards on my Daz+ purchase.) I know I've seen 20% off and I've really only been keeping eyes on Daz for a few months.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Today's Daz3D.com sale looks a little more 'normal', but some of you might see some stuff in the $2.99/$3.99/$4.99 categories that might be on your wishlist. Myself, I mostly hang out in the $1.99 category. of course, I've picked over most of this stuff already, but yesterday and today I did see a couple of wishlist items that I was waiting to see at $1.99 again.

And yeah, I'm not optimistic about gift card sales these days. 20% off with no prereqs would be nice, but I haven't seen that in a bit. In my case, the 15% off coupon made it a no brainer/set me up for this month's sale as I'm not buying much these days, so if a 20% off sale shows up later it won't hurt my feelings. The other item I bought was interesting looking lingerie that I can have fun with transparency maps with, so as long as I'm happy with the result, I'm good.

Genesis 8.1 continues to not interest me (might work with 4.16 but I'm not using 8.1 figs) and I'm not planning on jumping on the Genesis 9 bandwagon this time, unless they offer some REALLY compelling deals, like the ones that popped up after G8/V7/M7 were launched. But since I own most/almost all of the older pro bundles at this point, that particular deal (buy 1 featured G8 pro bundle, get 3-4 older pro bundles for 'free') would be less interesting to me anyways if they repeated it, which I don't expect them too.

I'd love to see 25% off+ gift card sales again and stacking discounts taking that into the high 30s-40s again, but it's been a LOOONG time since I've seen that happen. I guess we'll see if recession spending encourages the bean counters over at Daz to loosen the discounts again or not...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote