The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
The Daz+ 8 items for $2.99 has some G3/G8 hairs for women and men.
Not the *best* hair, but still. Harder than it looks to pick 8 items.
Also, thanks to DazBrowser Deals, I can see the 8 items I just tried were at one time valued at a total of $7, so the $2.99 for 8 items is still a deal, just not an incredible deal (especially if you would never have considered 3-4 of the items except to reach the required 8 items.)

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Nirvy has a 50% off sale at Renderosity-they are frequently on sale, but I just love the models they use. They look a bit like Jadyn/Sabby types, but with possibly custom skins?

1664912103649.png

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Nirvy generally forbids all coupons, but you can have an extra discount with the "volume discounts" that was introduced some days ago..
I tried and it works as you can get an extra discount even with normally undiscountable assets.
But it does not seem to work as advertised, though. What is in the message is: $7 off for a $34+ purchase and $9 for a $44+ purchase (that is roughly 20% in either case).
They give some messages in the cart on the thresholds and what I have got seems to be $2 for a $15 purchase (13%), $5 for a $35 purchase (14%) and $10 for a $60 purchase (16%).

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
FranceToast, others,

Yeah the 8 for $2.99 deal (if you are Daz+) is usually awesome. In my case, I've picked over those items so many times at this point I already grabbed the 'good stuff' in some previous sale.

---

This is slightly off topic, but I'm wondering if anyone else here can relate to this 'problem'...

1) Decide that I need some particular hairstyle, clothing item, etc., or see something somewhere that I then want...

2) Search using Google, various store searches, etc. to find something that is close to what I want (if I don't know the exact item I want already).

3) Notice that I already bought/acquired said item at some point in the past on the store item page, that is hidden in my Runtime/3D Library folder somewhere...

This happens a lot for me with the V4 or earlier era assets, but also with various Genesis 1-8 assets. Just wanted to share the 'joy' of having acquired a lot of assets over multiple sales. The 2017-2019 March Madness sales in particular had some insane discounts (say in the 25 cent range for items), and I hoovered up a lot of assets in those sales...

There are tools that can help you 'see' everything in your library outside of Daz Studio, but I don't use those very often as I usually already have a pretty good idea of what I'm shooting for, and browsing through my Poser folders can be a fun adventure as I see stuff I don't remember having...

No photographic memory here! My memory is pretty good, but yeah there is a LOT of stuff in my Runtime folder, and I'm not going to remember having a fair amount of that stuff at this point!

o_O

---

Anyways, back on topic, the October Daz+ sale is the one I wait for the most in Daz Land these days, due to the 8 for $2.99 and $1.99 stuff, plus the Anniversary bundles can sometimes have a lot of fun stuff in them. March Mehness just isn't the same anymore... This is why I suggest that people should definitely pay attention to this particular sale, as you never know if some item on your wishlist may end up at $1.99 for a day (again) suddenly...

Keep pointing out the awesome deals y'all!
:cool:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
FranceToast, others,

This is slightly off topic, but I'm wondering if anyone else here can relate to this 'problem'...

1) Decide that I need some particular hairstyle, clothing item, etc., or see something somewhere that I then want...

2) Search using Google, various store searches, etc. to find something that is close to what I want (if I don't know the exact item I want already).

3) Notice that I already bought/acquired said item at some point in the past on the store item page, that is hidden in my Runtime/3D Library folder somewhere...

This happens a lot for me with the V4 or earlier era assets, but also with various Genesis 1-8 assets. Just wanted to share the 'joy' of having acquired a lot of assets over multiple sales. The 2017-2019 March Madness sales in particular had some insane discounts (say in the 25 cent range for items), and I hoovered up a lot of assets in those sales...

There are tools that can help you 'see' everything in your library outside of Daz Studio, but I don't use those very often as I usually already have a pretty good idea of what I'm shooting for, and browsing through my Poser folders can be a fun adventure as I see stuff I don't remember having...

No photographic memory here! My memory is pretty good, but yeah there is a LOT of stuff in my Runtime folder, and I'm not going to remember having a fair amount of that stuff at this point!

o_O
:cool:
I have this issue, exacerbated by the fact I actually had a previous DAZ account with some products I bought, and when I restarted with a new account I just installed the old account products like 3rd party products. But now stuff comes up for sale, and I have to be careful not to re-buy those items. (Apparently you aren't supposed to have two accounts nor share the files, but oh well, I figure I paid for them.)

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
BTW, one other note:

This is still my 'go to' bodysuit:

It's not on sale for a particularly good deal for the moment, but it's worth wishlisting if you don't have it. Later bodysuits (G3/G8) that I've seen just aren't as flexible as this suit, or add design elements that can 'get in the way' of what you may be trying to achieve, and it'll usually autofit pretty well to G3 and G8. It has LOTS of material zones, and some seam morphs and such.

If anyone has noticed a worthy successor to this particular G2 suit (and it's V4 predecessor), feel free to point it out. The G3 bodysuits were pretty good, but I keep defaulting to this one, and I'm not up to speed on the latest G8 bodysuits. The ones I've seen are usually more specific/not designed to be generic with lots of seam options like the G2 suit has.

The seam morphs on the G2 suit aren't perfect in some cases, but I have gotten a lot of use out of the G2 Ultra Bodysuit.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I tried and it works as you can get an extra discount even with normally undiscountable assets.
But it does not seem to work as advertised, though.
Yep, I used the old discounts yesterday, but apparently they changed it today.

While they did say it was for a limited time, I have to admit I'm surprised a the daz-level . All the person in the thread asked is "update the advertisement to reflect the actual sales", and the reply is like "well duh, of course it changes". Yes, we know. The person isn't even asking for the advertised discount (which they probably legally could in the US due to truth in advertising laws), just to update the text. Sigh.

I bought a LOT of stuff on the old discount, sad but not surprised to see it go.

I don't have that problem happen TOO much, because I spent dozens on dozens of hours cataloging everything I own using Daz Studio "categories". Although it takes a lot of time and effort, it's worth it so I can pick a type of item and quickly browse what I've got.

Screenshot 2022-10-04 140947.png

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
If you want to take advantage of that renderosity volume discount then I recommend looking at DZheng actually, I have never really seen him with a bigger discount then 55%, and he also does not accept coupons and is relatively expensive. However, there are not many vendors for male clothes around, and DZheng puts a ton of morphs on his clothes that are really useful. I'd consider getting at least one of his PantZ products.

dzheng-drop.PNG

The materials don't look that great imho, you'll have to either live with that or try applying your own shaders (he also puts in plenty of customizable surfaces).

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
If you want to take advantage of that renderosity volume discount then I recommend looking at DZheng actually, I have never really seen him with a bigger discount then 55%, and he also does not accept coupons and is relatively expensive. However, there are not many vendors for male clothes around, and DZheng puts a ton of morphs on his clothes that are really useful. I'd consider getting at least one of his PantZ products.

View attachment 2082154

The materials don't look that great imho, you'll have to either live with that or try applying your own shaders (he also puts in plenty of customizable surfaces).
Man, I've been tempted by his generous clothes morphs, but even though I do edit a lot of textures for my own uses, a lot of his stuff looks like it always has some weird details I'm not sure I can work around easily.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Another day, another Anniversary sale, but
1664982195564.png
Does DAZ normally focus on one artist for sales? Just curious, (haven't even heard of this guy, but his utilities look interesting)

Edit: Going through the 8/$2.99 pile again, some more decent G3 hairs! also
1664983671743.png
Yoinks! Why did DAZ discontinue the She-Freak character???

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
One of today's 50% off artists is Colm Jackson:

Have any of you used his work? I bought one of his characters (Cassia, who is also here: https://f95zone.to/threads/cassia-hd-for-genesis-8-female.53747/ if you want to try her), and her skin is really detailed, almost hyper-detailed. In fact, it has so many pores, freckles, spots, birthmarks everywhere that she looks out of place with my other current figures (mostly Mousso/Sangriart/Vo mashups).
Not sure how to make the looks consistent enough so they all fit into the same VN, or whether it is just best to stick with one PA's style/look.

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
One of today's 50% off artists is Colm Jackson:

Have any of you used his work? I bought one of his characters (Cassia, who is also here: https://f95zone.to/threads/cassia-hd-for-genesis-8-female.53747/ if you want to try her), and her skin is really detailed, almost hyper-detailed. In fact, it has so many pores, freckles, spots, birthmarks everywhere that she looks out of place with my other current figures (mostly Mousso/Sangriart/Vo mashups).
Not sure how to make the looks consistent enough so they all fit into the same VN, or whether it is just best to stick with one PA's style/look.
I've used a bit of his older stuff (Ziggie and Jessa to name a couple). Those are quite average. The new and fancy stuff looks really interesting, though.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Have any of you used his work?
I remember him as one of the PA's that were on sale a lot just not too far back. That is also why I ended up with a good amount of his figures actually, because these were on sale so much I just ended buying at least some of them. And I say at least because I remember not buying a whole bunch of them of despite pretty low discounts.

He clearly puts a lot of effort into his skins, and the figures generally do look really good. But as you said yourself, he has a very distinctive style and his figures kind of stand out. Also he censors figures that are supposed to be underage by removing the nipples from the texture which is kind of ridiculous imho. I do really like the extra tattoos etc. he adds to his characters.

He really likes freckles, a lot, and I kind of don't, so that's a negative for me too. I just looked at some of the materials again just applying them to a figure I really like and use for testing all the time, and it it just ends up looking kind of uncanny. I really think that is kind of a problem for PA's that put a lot of effort into their skins and try to look "realistic" (for whatever their definition of realistic is). Lyoness for example has the same problem I feel like, the only PA that I think pulls it off rather well is bluejaunte.

So in the end I use his figures rarely, and don't put a lot of effort into looking for sales on them. But I think I would wait for a better deal then 50% actually, but of course if you really like the textures and want to buy a newer figure then I guess the difference won't be that big. On daz I am pretty sure I bought most of his figures in one of those 1.99$ sales or got them in a bundle, otherwise I don't think I would have bought them (I think I bought one at relatively high price cause I needed some kind of buy in).

On renderosity ( ) his stuff was often 70% + coupon, or even in one of those prime sales. I'd wait a bit if they show up in the upcoming holiday sales.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I made a comparison:
colm-camille.PNG colm-bitsy.PNG colm-not-actually-colm.PNG
The first one is this one:
which is an older renderosity figure, and I personally don't think it looks that great, but when testing out what I had I kinda liked that one more then other (newer) rendo one that I have. Quality wise I felt it is kind of similar so I expect all of his rendo figures have that look.

Second one is this:
which I bought just a couple of months ago for 3.99$ it seems, it is the newest figure I had and also the one that sports the no-nipple look. I do however actually like how the figure looks otherwise. So thats why I kept that one. Thinking about it I wonder why I didn't get the other one (this one ) that must have been in the same sale, which is clearly more adult. Also I probably expected them to go on sale again for less, probably around now tbh.

Third one is not Colm Jackson at all, but Sangriart:
which I really, really like actually. That's the texture I am planning to use for that figure.

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Fuck it, why not do more of these:
comp-imoen.PNG comp-carboncrow.PNG comp-joanna.PNG
From left to right:
bluejaunte the grand-master of "realistic", at least according to many in the daz forums, and I tend to agree. Produces really very detailed skins, but often ends up looking very grey-ish. Still, this is the kind of PA that is worth spending money on even when he is only 50% off. Even if you don't like them it will be hard to deny the sheer quality.

another one with a high reputation. His promo don't look like much, but his skins are very well made. Worth getting at least one of his characters for the normal maps alone, I picked the youngest looking one I had, the others often look quite old and wrinkly, also ends up looking grey-ish. EDIT: actually, I used a DO character made by him, that might actually not be that representative of him, one other that shows the quality of his normal maps even in the promo pic is this: you really get carboncrow for the normals, so tsuguko fits my figure better because she is younger looking, but I feel I need to recommend getting one the older looking figures of carboncrow.

I already mentioned Sangriart above, and this one, maelwenn, is similar. It is one of my goto for "make-sexy-looking-female-with-zero-effort" quality skins. Not really what I would call realistic, just good looking. He does not have that many figures actually, and only the newer ones are really good imho, I actually bought pretty much all of them that I considered good looking at this point.

comp-maria.PNG comp-jaqueline.PNG comp-arcadia.PNG

Don't underestimate the DAZ Original figures, often on sale, always better discounts, can be bought with the DAZ+ coupon. And usually these really look good. I particular like Maria from these, but I think all of them look really good. You are pretty much guaranteed a very consistent level of quality with these, and that's really not a bad thing.

comp-addy.PNG comp-sigrid.PNG comp-emmaleigh.PNG

I actually forgot which one I rendered, but I think it was this one. I just rendered this one as an alternative to those "realistic" ones. It is more stylized if that is what you want to achieve. The PA is addy and he does not have not many figures and is actually quite expensive (as in his stuff is not on sale that often, but maybe I am just inpatient because I really like the look of his figures). Fixed brows though, but it's ok on this one. Also have to add that despite I just said I like them, these are _very_ samey looking, at least some of them.

also a prominent PA, I think lots of VN actually use p3design figures? I actually don't know, also, I gotta say I don't like him that much, but he is also has kind of a more stylized look, and I rendered that figure, so I put it here cause I needed to fill the row with three pictures again. Again, fixed brows, hate those actually.

another "realistic" one, I rendered that out just cause I wanted to compare it to the others actually. The PA is emrys and I consider her(?) the budget realism choice. These are very often DAZ Originals, and/or DAZ+ products, so they can go for very cheap very often. Also she has a ton of figures to choose from, and imho there are some really good looking ones among them. But it's more mass then class, so it's a bit hit and miss.

comp-bonnie.PNG comp-hagar.PNG
EDIT: I also had Bonnie in here, another Daz figure, looks quite good despite the down syndrome appearance of the figure:

EDIT2: Also added that I mentioned above, she definitly is a better representation of carboncrows normal mapping skills. Was surprisingly difficult to render though, the hair base cap suddenly poked through, and then the hairline turn greenish too. I did not put a lot of effort into fixing those problems. Also the render demonstrates what I mean by "grey-ish" looking I think.

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Fuck it, why not do more of these:
View attachment 2085819 View attachment 2085820 View attachment 2085821
From left to right:
bluejaunte the grand-master of "realistic", at least according to many in the daz forums, and I tend to agree. Produces really very detailed skins, but often ends up looking very grey-ish. Still, this is the kind of PA that is worth spending money on even when he is only 50% off. Even if you don't like them it will be hard to deny the sheer quality.

another one with a high reputation. His promo don't look like much, but his skins are very well made. Worth getting at least one of his characters for the normal maps alone, I picked the youngest looking one I had, the others often look quite old and wrinkly, also ends up looking grey-ish. EDIT: actually, I used a DO character made by him, that might actually not be that representative of him, one other that shows the quality of his normal maps even in the promo pic is this: you really get carboncrow for the normals, so tsuguko fits my figure better because she is younger looking, but I feel I need to recommend getting one the older looking figures of carboncrow.

I already mentioned Sangriart above, and this one, maelwenn, is similar. It is one of my goto for "make-sexy-looking-female-with-zero-effort" quality skins. Not really what I would call realistic, just good looking. He does not have that many figures actually, and only the newer ones are really good imho, I actually bought pretty much all of them that I considered good looking at this point.

View attachment 2085840 View attachment 2085841 View attachment 2085844

Don't underestimate the DAZ Original figures, often on sale, always better discounts, can be bought with the DAZ+ coupon. And usually these really look good. I particular like Maria from these, but I think all of them look really good. You are pretty much guaranteed a very consistent level of quality with these, and that's really not a bad thing.

View attachment 2085849 View attachment 2085854 View attachment 2085856

I actually forgot which one I rendered, but I think it was this one. I just rendered this one as an alternative to those "realistic" ones. It is more stylized if that is what you want to achieve. The PA is addy and he does not have not many figures and is actually quite expensive (as in his stuff is not on sale that often, but maybe I am just inpatient because I really like the look of his figures). Fixed brows though, but it's ok on this one. Also have to add that despite I just said I like them, these are _very_ samey looking, at least some of them.

also a prominent PA, I think lots of VN actually use p3design figures? I actually don't know, also, I gotta say I don't like him that much, but he is also has kind of a more stylized look, and I rendered that figure, so I put it here cause I needed to fill the row with three pictures again. Again, fixed brows, hate those actually.

another "realistic" one, I rendered that out just cause I wanted to compare it to the others actually. The PA is emrys and I consider her(?) the budget realism choice. These are very often DAZ Originals, and/or DAZ+ products, so they can go for very cheap very often. Also she has a ton of figures to choose from, and imho there are some really good looking ones among them. But it's more mass then class, so it's a bit hit and miss.

View attachment 2085845 View attachment 2085907
EDIT: I also had Bonnie in here, another Daz figure, looks quite good despite the down syndrome appearance of the figure:

EDIT2: Also added that I mentioned above, she definitly is a better representation of carboncrows normal mapping skills. Was surprisingly difficult to render though, the hair base cap suddenly poked through, and then the hairline turn greenish too. I did not put a lot of effort into fixing those problems. Also the render demonstrates what I mean by "grey-ish" looking I think.
These are great, thanks!

Reactions: Schlongborn

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
These are great, thanks!
Also wanted to note that I totally loved Addy's Hazel when I saw her-almost exactly how I had pictured one of my imagined characters, so I bought her. As you noted, a bit stylized when put in with Mousso or Sangriart but still gorgeous.

The funny thing is, I may have mentioned I had started and stopped planning a VN a few years ago, and even had a list/bookmarks of a bunch of the then G3 figures I was thinking of using. When I bought Addy Hazel, I idly browsed Addy's past work, and three of their other characters were also on my old list, lol (Pepper, Raine, and Caitlin).

Reactions: Schlongborn
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote