The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The blink bundle sale, if I'm understanding the text correctly, will be adding new bundles to the list every two hours. ATM I'm seeing 3 pro G8 bundles (that I already own), so if there's a G8 pro or other bundle that you need, it might pay to keep an eye on that sale as the day progresses to see if the list keeps growing in length. Hopefully, they don't rotate anything out, at which point you should have a rather long list of pro bundles to choose from by the end of the day. OF COURSE, as noted there might be a better deal later, but if you need something now...
Ok, now things are getting serious. With the allure of getting a $300 gift card for almost 30% off (by adding one still new item), I finally bit the bullet and got one. Add to this that the current triplet of Pro bundles is seriously discounted and even more so if you add a still new item, and it adds up to some pretty sweet savings. My $300 card ended up costing $220 (with a still new item).

I was able to snag the Aiko 8 Pro Bundle for just under $22 (further discounted, of course, by using the discounted gift card). This is possibly one of the better sales I have seen so far this cycle.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Very quick update. There are currently 17 bundles at very highly discounted rates available in the right now.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OhWee
you know im just a noob...
So this is maybe a stupid question again...
You told me about the new Graphic cards...
If Daz needs cuda cores,would be the newest Nvidia A100/64GB (non consumer GraKa) the best for rendering?
I know this card kosts 4,5k USD!
And i`ll never be able to buy this card...
I just wanna understand how rendering works ;)
sry ,english isnt my native language
Very quick update. There are currently 17 bundles at very highly discounted rates available in the right now.
Yeah, a lot of those showed up earlier today, but then disappeared after two hours. I do have to wonder how much longer they will stick around. If the sale works the way it claims, and if it runs until Daz Midnight, there MIGHT be a lot of bundles in the cue by then (there are well over 90 G8 Pro bundles to choose from). But what the Daz sales team giveth, they taketh away just to fuck with us, so I'm not sure what to expect ATM...

Roll your dice take your chances. To jump now or not to jump now...

Worst case you miss out, in which case there will be other sales (probably)...

Edit: 12 noon changeover update. Some pro bundle sale items remained, so still 18 items available (minus what you have already), but some of the items rotated out to be replaced by other items. I rolled the dice and lost on this one...

Last edited:
Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Yeah, a lot of those showed up earlier today, but then disappeared after two hours. I do have to wonder how much longer they will stick around. If the sale works the way it claims, and if it runs until Daz Midnight, there MIGHT be a lot of bundles in the cue by then (there are well over 90 G8 Pro bundles to choose from). But what the Daz sales team giveth, they taketh away just to fuck with us, so I'm not sure what to expect ATM...

Roll your dice take your chances. To jump now or not to jump now...

Worst case you miss out, in which case there will be other sales (probably)...
Well, even with deep discounting, a lot of these bundles are not as low as they have been in the past year ($4.99). However, if I can get it down to around $20 and there are several assets there like the base model, a few hair styles, and a few actors, then it may be potentially worth the investment. I'm checking it every few hours and looking to see if I see something that is particularly compelling. I did grab the Teen Josie 8 Pro Bundle earlier this year on one of those deep discount sales.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Well, even with deep discounting, a lot of these bundles are not as low as they have been in the past year ($4.99). However, if I can get it down to around $20 and there are several assets there like the base model, a few hair styles, and a few actors, then it may be potentially worth the investment. I'm checking it every few hours and looking to see if I see something that is particularly compelling. I did grab the Teen Josie 8 Pro Bundle earlier this year on one of those deep discount sales.
November 4th was during the store transition. A lot of things were fucked up at that time. Some people could get the sales to work, others were having issues, and it seemed to change on an almost hourly basis at times. Short form, there's been a couple of items that I would have grabbed otherwise grabbed if things had been less fucked up. What I saw on the sales pages and in my cart sometimes didn't correspond with posts here.

The new store continues to be fucked up in other ways, but it is what it is. $4.99 for pro bundles is awesome, and I certainly would have jumped on it if I saw it, but I didn't see it on my end. That's what happens sometimes.

Like what I"m seeing now. I'm seeing really nice prices for bundles in my cart (note that I already have most of them from previous sales), but even though I own the Tara 8 WA bundle, the Daz store pages say I don't, and the product page says I only own roughly half of it despite having the 'purchased' button at the top. Thankfully, the product library page gives me download links for everything in the bundle thank goodness, but yeah the new store software continues to NOT instill confidence...

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
My memory is always fuzzy on these things, but I think that all the Pro Bundles that were 4.99 back in November was an error that was corrected immediately, and no one was actually able to buy them at that price. That would make today's sale the best price in the past year for most of them.

Reactions: OhWee

DonJoe

Jul 15, 2019
They need a new footer for their new store software:

*Discounts only disappear in cart

And do they roll dices for the prices of the pro bundles ?

• Haha

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
My memory is always fuzzy on these things, but I think that all the Pro Bundles that were 4.99 back in November was an error that was corrected immediately, and no one was actually able to buy them at that price. That would make today's sale the best price in the past year for most of them.
It is also important to note the value of stacking with the current Pro Bundle sale. Buying a single still new or debut new item allows you to stack an additional 30% discount on top of your loyalty discount, on top of the product discount. So, for a bunch of the bundles that had an originally discounted price of under $30, they ended up costing me between $9 and $11. For example, the CJ8 Pro Bundle was $28.34 on the Bundle sale, however, after buying a still-new item (an HD model), the CJ8 Pro Bundle dropped to $10.63, and the cost for the still new item was $9.95.

You could, of course, buy one still new item and score the discount on multiple Pro Bundles. I bought 6 Pro Bundles and one still new item (and one of the Pro Bundles was one of the newer ones and not the cheapest). I walked away with the whole shebang listing at $849.50 for $93.50. Given that this was store credit that was obtained at a 30% discount to begin with, that landed the whole mess at around $60 true cost.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Throwing some love Adam Thwaites' way, at the store, they generally release each new model for around $11 and discount them 20% in the month they are released. For the holidays, they are offering several of their models for the original release pricing of 20% off as well. This is a good opportunity to snag some really nicely-made models that are not like every other Daz3D model out there, if you are looking for a unique look. They also have a crapload of free stuff all the time, so that's worth going through as well, as you can find a variety of poses, clothing, and different types of animals in the freebie bin.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today's daz sale is similar to yesterday. You can have insane discounts on pro bundles if you buy a debut item.
The concerned pro bundles are the same as yesterday but daz randomly switches the prices every two hours. So the initial discount can be 65%, 70%, 83%, 90% and even 92% (that is an initial price of ~12$), and which bundle is concerned changes every 2 hours. Note that after that, you have the loyalty discount and an extra reduction if you buy a debut new release. I do not understand how daz does its computation, but a bundle initially at 23.6$ (83% off) finishes at 7.94$ for me (94% off). If the same computations applies for bundles initially at 90% off, they should finish at a ridiculous price below 5$ (but I have no way to test as I already own these heavily discounted bundles).

Note that you must buy a debut new release, but IMHO there are some good ones today.

And you still have the 30% discount on gift card. It requires to buy two items, but if you are PC+, it can be some of weekly PC+ new items (or even the PC+ weekly freebie, I think).

Reactions: OhWee and seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Today's daz sale is similar to yesterday. You can have insane discounts on pro bundles if you buy a debut item.
The concerned pro bundles are the same as yesterday but daz randomly switches the prices every two hours. So the initial discount can be 65%, 70%, 83%, 90% and even 92% (that is an initial price of ~12$), and which bundle is concerned changes every 2 hours. Note that after that, you have the loyalty discount and an extra reduction if you buy a debut new release. I do not understand how daz does its computation, but a bundle initially at 23.6$ (83% off) finishes at 7.94$ for me (94% off). If the same computations applies for bundles initially at 90% off, they should finish at a ridiculous price below 5$ (but I have no way to test as I already own these heavily discounted bundles).

Note that you must buy a debut new release, but IMHO there are some good ones today.

And you still have the 30% discount on gift card. It requires to buy two items, but if you are PC+, it can be some of weekly PC+ new items (or even the PC+ weekly freebie, I think).
I think that may have been a temporary glitch, because I went in there and there were several that were more deeply discounted but they have reset to more "normal" discounts of 83% or so (the 90%+ seem to be gone). I would suggest that people pop in regularly to see if any sneaky deals pop up that they want to grab quickly before someone changes their minds.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
In the previous iteration of this sale, you only got the 30% off of a gift card if you bought the $300 gift card. Not so on this round. It's 30% off of all gift cards when you buy any other 2 items. So, this means you can mix and match, for example, buying a debut item to drop the price of a bundle, then using those as the 2 qualifying items to get a gift card with a denomination of your choosing.
any other 2 items

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Yes all is at a somehow normal discount now. But that is very weird how daz changed the prices today. During a large part of the day (european time), there has been several highly discounted items that changed. In the morning, Michael was highly discounted (maybe 90% or 92%, I do not remember) and Vicky was at 83%. Then Mick raise to 83% and Vicky to 79% off, and now (at least the last time I looked) it is the opposite Mickael at 79% off and Victoria at 83%.
Why do they do that? People need some kinf of stabilty.

Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I don't know if this is a PC+ feature or not, but I will mention it.

On the bundle blink sale, it says you can get 70% off of a bundle PLUS your loyalty bonus, if you purchase a Still New or Debut item. If you go to the PC+ pages, there are Debut items that are very reasonable (like Knit shaders, for example) that are $2.79. Adding that to a Pro Bundle that was $17.72 (Robyn 8 Pro Bundle) drops it down to $14.18, making the total price (including the shaders) $16.97. Like I said, this could be specific to PC+ but there seem to be many here who have that, so it may be worth looking into, especially if one of the new items strikes your fancy.

Reactions: OhWee and amster22

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Why do they do that? People need some kinf of stabilty.
If you're looking for stability, I most certainly would look elsewhere than Daz3D. But, when they goof and we swoop, we shoot, we score, and the crowd goes wild!"

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, and for more discount craziness ... For the PC+ crowd, there is a major clearance happening for PC+ items. If you go to the PC+ page and click all PC+ items, then sort from price low to high, you will find over 2,160 items for 0.80. Granted, many of these items are older and you may have them. However, if you feel like spending the time, you may find some gems. Oh, after the 0.80 items comes the $1.20 each items, and Lord knows how many pages that goes on for. Those discounts do stack with your loyalty bonus, so in my case, the $0.80 items became $0.60 items.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, and for more discount craziness ... For the PC+ crowd, there is a major clearance happening for PC+ items. If you go to the PC+ page and click all PC+ items, then sort from price low to high, you will find over 2,160 items for 0.80. Granted, many of these items are older and you may have them. However, if you feel like spending the time, you may find some gems. Oh, after the 0.80 items comes the $1.20 each items, and Lord knows how many pages that goes on for. Those discounts do stack with your loyalty bonus, so in my case, the $0.80 items became $0.60 items.
Shoot, I almost forgot to note this ... for PC+ members, all the discounts in the store stack on top of any new PC+ coupons you have, so you could use the SAVE6ON18 coupon for January to reduce an already discounted Pro Bundle by another $6 after adding a new item. This effectively dropped my price for the Robyn Pro 8 Bundle to around $8. Stack 'em and stack 'em high!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Couple of things.

1) Remember you have new coupons today if you are PC+. I just used my 6 off of 18 coupon...

2) Be VERY careful with adding items in your cart. I purchased some bundles a couple of hours ago, and just went to check to see if any new bundles were added to today's sale. The bundles I bought are STILL showing up as available to purchase on that page.

One of the bundles that is still showing up on the sales page I bought two days ago... (yes, hide items I own IS checked)

So I'd recommend that you actually click on the product to go to the product pages of anything you are adding to your cart, just to make sure you don't already own it...

You'd think the issues with the new store software would be resolved by now, but NOOOOOOOO...

Also, the 10% off entire cart if you buy 2 Debut New is still going, BUT, the extra 10% off didn't apply to a gift card when I tried it earlier. So, unless that changed in the last couple of hours, unless you want to submit a ticket to CS for the difference, yeah no help there. They may have decided that 37% off on gift cards was too generous finally...

Anyways, I'm a bit more gunshy about adding items my cart now. I shouldn't have to second guess the store software, but Ugh...

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Blink sales that change every 2 hours are back at the Daz3D store, with a few differences. The loyalty bonuses are gone, since the holidays are officially "over." The promotion for each 2-hour period focuses on a specific game developer. This next two-hour window focuses on selected items from the developer This artist has some particularly unique assets including scenes of moving clouds and birds. The initial discount is 60% off, but if you buy any new release, that jumps to 70%. The any part becomes valuable if there is a particular artist you like, as there are some really inexpensive new releases available, like this set of , which at the moment is heavily discounted to $2.79. So for the modest add-on of $2.79, you can net an extra 10% discount off of your items from the blink sale, if you have several that you like. If you want to "prepare" for upcoming offerings, it may be smart to spend some time identifying heavily-discounted new releases and sticking them in your wish list for quick reference.

The items do not show in the list at their discounted prices, and the discounts only appear in the cart once you've selected items for purchase. This may be a sale to watch if you have particular artists that you like but were holding off on buying assets until they were discounted. I used this to grab several asset morphs such as Fit Control and Breast and Glute Control by Zev0 when he sale began late last night at heavily discounted prices. For what it's worth, it appears that the sale is going in reverse alphabetical order (from Z to A), so special sales from other desired artists (SickleYield, hope, hope) may be on the horizon).

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
if you have several that you like. If you want to "prepare" for upcoming offerings, it may be smart to spend some time identifying heavily-discounted new releases and sticking them in your wish list for quick reference.
In a relatively short time, I was able to track down 8 new releases that are under $4 (and one just above at $4.19, the ). Most of them are shaders, textures, or variations on other core products that must be owned to be used, however, the point of super-cheap new releases is to "release" the extra 10% discount from the blink sale, so if the additional savings from adding the 10% discount is more than the cost of the new release, however useless it may be, that should be the focus.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote