Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yup, the art people should have a very good idea of the asset used.
Most of the assets are very much dead one.
The trouble is usually the morphs (and the teeth for some reasons, hehe)
I've noticed some of the models have strangely colored teeth.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Yup, the art people should have a very good idea of the asset used.
Most of the assets are very much dead one.
The trouble is usually the morphs (and the teeth for some reasons, hehe)
Hey Hopes, something I thought I'd ask.

Is the ETA announcement for the next update (i.e. v0.08: DeLuca season 1 finale update) still planned for this month?
Just wondering since I do remember you saying you'll probably make an announcement sometime this month (though I don't think myself and anyone for that matter is actually holding you to it, so it's fine if you think it's too early to give an ETA).

Had couple of other questions also, but I decided to ask them after v0.08 gets released.

• Wow
Reactions: c3p0

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Hey Hopes, something I thought I'd ask.

Is the ETA announcement for the next update (i.e. v0.08: DeLuca season 1 finale update) still planned for this month?
Just wondering since I do remember you saying you'll probably make an announcement sometime this month (though I don't think myself and anyone for that matter is actually holding you to it, so it's fine if you think it's too early to give an ETA).

Had couple of other questions also, but I decided to ask them after v0.08 gets released.
ETA for ETA. ETAception.

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017
HopesGaming
Thanks for the German version and thanks to Keks for the translation.
I get error messages, most of them in missions. Isabel's story does not continue. A bottle for a bottle is not triggered and with Gracie the magic touch is not triggered.

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
Love the story and the renders always look forward to the updater... that said tho since the change the missions have been more convoluted than necessary to the point i dont feel like doing them, understand you want to make best game you can and that involves making it more interactive tho with this kinda thing hope you give an option to skip those mini game type missions as they get repetitive and annoying after awhile

Hope dev doing good and am looking forward to more updates

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Love the story and the renders always look forward to the updater... that said tho since the change the missions have been more convoluted than necessary to the point i dont feel like doing them, understand you want to make best game you can and that involves making it more interactive tho with this kinda thing hope you give an option to skip those mini game type missions as they get repetitive and annoying after awhile

Hope dev doing good and am looking forward to more updates
Since I always opt to play "Full Experience", I never tried the other mode though I am pretty sure you can do "Just Main Story + Free roam" (the second mode option out of 3 game mode choices in the beginning, since third option "VN only" is not available yet).

So if what I'm guessing about "Just Main story + Free roam" mode is correct, that one should be skipping the contracts for most part (hence should be the option you're looking for, at least until the "VN only" option get implemented).

Also, perhaps it's just me, but I felt the contracts were only challenging in the beginning since I was unfamiliar with the whole mechanics at the start.
But once I got used to it all, they became easier and much more enjoyable (and the grind isn't too bad either).

Last edited:

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
Since I always opt to play "Full Experience", I never tried the other mode though I am pretty sure you can do "Just Main Story + Free roam" (the second mode option out of 3 game mode choices in the beginning, since third option "VN only" is not available yet).

So if what I'm guessing about "Just Main story + Free roam" mode is correct, that one should be skipping the contracts for most part (hence should be the option you're looking for, at least until the "VN only" option get implemented).

Also, perhaps it's just me, but I felt the contracts were only challenging in the beginning since I was unfamiliar with the whole mechanics at the start.
But once I got used to it all, they became easier and much more enjoyable (and the grind isn't too bad either).
Yeah true they were only challenging in the begining without know the mechanics, but they get dul...miss the old way you just click on it and the success or failure depends on your points tbh. lose immersion playthrough interest in main while always navigating through that crap to try up my rank in the family. they story its good (and game is int top 10 VN) but not that great to keep those repetitive tasks...Maybe i just dont like change and fell inlove with the previous system, one thing for sure is that game is def worth playing and if people can support the dev...they do deserve it

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Yeah true they were only challenging in the begining without know the mechanics, but they get dul...miss the old way you just click on it and the success or failure depends on your points tbh. lose immersion playthrough interest in main while always navigating through that crap to try up my rank in the family. they story its good (and game is int top 10 VN) but not that great to keep those repetitive tasks...Maybe i just dont like change and fell inlove with the previous system, one thing for sure is that game is def worth playing and if people can support the dev...they do deserve it
Actually, I thought the contracts were a big improvement with the new system over the old one.
I was really bored with the previous system and felt that it didn't add anything tangible to the immersion (for me, old system's just the contract description and mere success or fail result didn't feel enough).

The new contracts actually have story behind each of them (huge plus to immersion to not just main story but also through contracts this way I feel), and the gameplay is pretty reminiscent of the old style rpg like format. So I like it a lot.
Also, I like how these contracts forces the player to think different (such as equip different gear or increase MC's stats with level up) to solve the contracts with success.

But it's totally fine if you're not a fan of the system.
There are those who like the new contracts and there's also who don't.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I gotta agree with JJJ on this one. The "click only" contracts from the before times may have been faster but did not add anything for me. Same screen, just "Success" of "Failure" (of course in the end only successes). A bit like "Click here to get $ and XP (advances time)". Yes, I mostly CTRL skip the new contracts but to me it still feels like I am doing something which gives me the XP. Personal preference of course.

As for JJJ refusing to ask proper questions:

During the "beach house stake out", there is the couple with the dog Gracie observes, who later turn out to indeed have been watching the scene. Is the dog male or female, has it been neutered, what is its name, how old is it?

Also there is a mouse in there. Was it an outside mouse trapped when the door closed or a mouse living inside trapped or does it have a way out? Is it a single mouse or a family?

What kind of flowers does Wilfred prefer to adorn the garden?

When Gracie meets her friends from school, what are their second cousins' twice removed names?

What is the weather forecast for chapter 2's 2nd week wednesday afternoon? (I need to dress to the occasion)

Keks_Keks

Oct 15, 2019
HopesGaming
Danke für die deutsche Version und danke an Keks für die Übersetzung.
Ich bekomme Fehlermeldungen, die meisten davon in Missionen. Isabels Geschichte geht nicht weiter. Eine Flasche für eine Flasche wird nicht ausgelöst und bei Gracie wird die magische Berührung nicht ausgelöst.
[/ZITIEREN]
Hi,

which version are you playing? only my translation from the forum or have you downloaded the complete game again? Did you start a new game?

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Hi,

welche version spielst du? nur meine Übersetzung aus dem Forum oder hast du das komplette Spiel nochmal runtergeladen? Hast du ein neues Spiel gestartet?
Zuerst, das ist ein englisches Forum. Es wird von dir - und jedem anderen - erwartet, dass du in englisch deine Beiträge verfasst oder zumindest eine englische Version bereitstellts.

Zu deinem eigentlichen Post: Hopes hat das spiel updatet und eine deutsche Übersetzung beigelegt. Die du sicherlich hier findest, ob diese es auch in den Eröffnungspost geschaft hat, weiss ich nicht.

And again in english:
First, this is a englisch board. You and all other shall post in english or at least give a english translation of your foreign text.

To your actual post: Hopes have updated the game and included a german translation. You can find it here for sure. If the linked version on the opening post is also updated, I don't know.

Keks_Keks

Oct 15, 2019
Zuerst, das ist ein englisches Forum. Es wird von dir - und jedem anderen - erwartet, dass du in englisch deine Beiträge verfasst oder zumindest eine englische Version bereitstellts.

Zu deinem eigentlichen Post: Hopes hat das spiel updatet und eine deutsche Übersetzung beigelegt. Die du sicherlich hier findest, ob diese es auch in den Eröffnungspost geschaft hat, weiss ich nicht.

And again in english:
First, this is a englisch board. You and all other shall post in english or at least give a english translation of your foreign text.

To your actual post: Hopes have updated the game and included a german translation. You can find it here for sure. If the linked version on the opening post is also updated, I don't know.
Yes, I already know that, sorry. My only question is which version does the error occur, as the two versions differ slightly.

Keks_Keks

Oct 15, 2019
i mean the version v0.07.2 not the game mode.

The German version is published here on by Hopes Gaming as a full version and here in the forum as a german mod for the version here in the forum. Both versions may differ minimally. The error is not in the German translation but due to variables in the orginalen English version.

Reactions: whichone

chris1018

Dec 11, 2018
HopesGaming
Thanks for the German version and thanks to Keks for the translation.
I get error messages, most of them in missions. Isabel's story does not continue. A bottle for a bottle is not triggered and with Gracie the magic touch is not triggered.
I have the same problem and then the story doesn't go on with me because the mission: my name is Luna doesn't start

Keks_Keks

Oct 15, 2019
The current errors, are related to a mistake in my translation. I have just fixed the whole thing.

Here is the link to my Mod so that everything goes again. Hopes Gaming I have informed about it. I am sorry for this error.

sahadeva

May 1, 2021
Actually, I thought the contracts were a big improvement with the new system over the old one.
I was really bored with the previous system and felt that it didn't add anything tangible to the immersion (for me, old system's just the contract description and mere success or fail result didn't feel enough).

The new contracts actually have story behind each of them (huge plus to immersion to not just main story but also through contracts this way I feel), and the gameplay is pretty reminiscent of the old style rpg like format. So I like it a lot.
Also, I like how these contracts forces the player to think different (such as equip different gear or increase MC's stats with level up) to solve the contracts with success.

But it's totally fine if you're not a fan of the system.
There are those who like the new contracts and there's also who don't.
I personally love the contract missions, at least the first couple of times I go through a mission, when there's still new stuff to discover. But re-doing the missions when grinding for money is a bit of a chore :(

Maybe if the missions had some kind of randomness it would be more fun to re-play them. Though I have no idea what that would actually look like. And honestly, it's not enough of a deal breaker that I'd want development time wasted on improving it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JJJ84

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I personally love the contract missions, at least the first couple of times I go through a mission, when there's still new stuff to discover. But re-doing the missions when grinding for money is a bit of a chore :(

Maybe if the missions had some kind of randomness it would be more fun to re-play them. Though I have no idea what that would actually look like. And honestly, it's not enough of a deal breaker that I'd want development time wasted on improving it.
For me, the replay value came in gaining better equipment, therefore better stats, then being able to pass the encounters that I'd previously failed.
Also in figuring out what was needed, in order to pass the various checks in the respective mission, therefore being able to fully complete it. (Despite the maths error that means they don't go green!)
The first contract has to be replayed a few times, before you can achieve everything in it.
Same for the others.

Reactions: sahadeva and JJJ84

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
For me, the replay value came in gaining better equipment, therefore better stats, then being able to pass the encounters that I'd previously failed.
Also in figuring out what was needed, in order to pass the various checks in the respective mission, therefore being able to fully complete it. (Despite the maths error that means they don't go green!)
The first contract has to be replayed a few times, before you can achieve everything in it.
Same for the others.
I can only agree, caught myself doing it to do it over and over again.
In any case, it didn't get boring in the long run and I'm curious how hopesgaming is expanding this further.(y)

Reactions: whichone
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes