DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017
Hi,

which version are you playing? only my translation from the forum or have you downloaded the complete game again? Did you start a new game?
I downloaded the full game, Patreon/HopesGaming email link. I started a new game, I do this with every version/game to avoid errors.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I personally love the contract missions, at least the first couple of times I go through a mission, when there's still new stuff to discover. But re-doing the missions when grinding for money is a bit of a chore :(

Maybe if the missions had some kind of randomness it would be more fun to re-play them. Though I have no idea what that would actually look like. And honestly, it's not enough of a deal breaker that I'd want development time wasted on improving it.
Like Whichone (said above), I liked gaining more valuable equipment.

First time on the contract? I may get "rare" rank equipment, but the best reward is "epic" level equipment.
So the rewards dangling (I guess like a carrot, heh :LOL::ROFLMAO:) prompted me every time to do better in my future contracts by either grind earlier less challenging contracts (which I 100% before), or doing free-roam events which also give premanent stats boost.

There is a bit of grind for money, but I think it's pretty mild with this game (I've played/heard other games which are waaaaay worse than DeLuca), and I do think the main story will have events in the future where MC will gain money every now and then (like the Beach prison event).

I've actually grinded to pile up some extra money even after I finished all the content in the update. My mindset to it was "stockpile some money now, and less hassle for it later."
There's also the case of equipment in upper tier contracts possibly being more expensive than the D-contracts.

But that might not be what others prefer.

With randomness, while it's certainly an interesting idea, I'm not sure how that would actually work.

MC's stats being used for combat situations, stealth situations and others is something that is the backbone of the contracts, and I don't think it would work if that is taken away. Some might be saying "perhaps these can be done with a roll of a dice" but nah.......really not a fan of those RNG gameplay types, and I think it would lead to more frustration than others.

Another possible way would be to randomize the contract's map, by each contract having 3 or 4 maps with one being randomly generated in each playthrough (but still having same story), but I think this is a waste of time (value obtained from the randomness feels far too small compared to cost and time, resources likely to be spent on them. Besides, with new maps, I would have wanted new stories, not using the same ones, but that's not the point of the contracts, since they are to be repeated in order to 100% them, and not one-shot in a single try).

Repetitiveness is one of the very small inconveniences I guess of the contracts' crux:

"repeat until you master it and get the best equipment and those special renders"

Having said that, when I grind for money, I just do the whole fast ctrl skip through it all (considering I know the directions to go off by heart after first couple of tries, they get done really quickly).

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I've actually grinded to pile up some extra money even after I finished all the content in the update. My mindset to it was "stockpile some money now, and less hassle for it later."
There's also the case of equipment in upper tier contracts possibly being more expensive than the D-contracts.
Ha ha ha, I swear this represents my save perfectly, too!
I saved up 10k & I also fully expect C rank Contracts to bring some new gear to the shop, which will be more expensive.
Presumably they will pay better, too.

Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Ha ha ha, I swear this represents my save perfectly, too!
I saved up 10k & I also fully expect C rank Contracts to bring some new gear to the shop, which will be more expensive.
Presumably they will pay better, too.
I've saved up $12k.
Since there is no contracts in next update, I won't be grinding in that one, but in the next update which has new contracts, I'll probably again grind (after finishing all content) a bit to stockpile the dough to prepare for the future contracts again.
Not just more gear in the contracts, but also some future events will likely demand our MC to spend money to increase the girls' RPs (and so far, money spent in the girls' events haven't been cheap).

So yeah,

"Better to be ready with a surplus than deal with the deficit"

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
"Better to be ready with a surplus than deal with the deficit"
I like that.
We use a similar expression, in my neck of the woods:
"Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."
Same principle. (y)
I guess that "Fail to prepare, prepare to fail." also fits...

Last edited:

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018
Sorry in advance for my ignorance ... is this game still being updated ? I see its been v0.7 for couple of months so far and I didnt follow this thread in ages. I just remembered about the game being great months ago and wanted to see whats new.

Reactions: Kracken36

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Respectfully asking what's the progress on next update? Haven't been on this thread for long.
Sorry in advance for my ignorance ... is this game still being updated ? I see its been v0.7 for couple of months so far and I didnt follow this thread in ages. I just remembered about the game being great months ago and wanted to see whats new.
Respectfully asking and sorry in advance for my ignorance, have you look at hopes Patreon page (linked in the OP)?
Other information than that I, and for this I pleay for clemency, don't have.

But then again I don't assume that I would been spoon-feed all this information. :p

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Respectfully asking and sorry in advance for my ignorance, have you look at hopes Patreon page (linked in the OP)?
Other information than that I, and for this I pleay for clemency, don't have.

But then again I don't assume that I would been spoon-feed all this information. :p
There's also search the user name johnelros in this thread, since he copies over all DeLuca patreon posts to this thread.

Reactions: Game Bond

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Played through, and this is pretty good. Luna is my favorite of the three, but in the question raised by MC towards the end of current content, Gracie would probably beat her in a fight. She seems a lot more like her mother in that sense, like she's got everything planned out before her opponent realizes there's a confrontation. Luna, like Gracie herself says, is a force of nature, but if anyone could figure out how to neutralize her, it's Gracie. Especially since MC already showed that it's possible.

Anyone else like the friend path with Isabel more than the Netori path?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Played through, and this is pretty good. Luna is my favorite of the three, but in the question raised by MC towards the end of current content, Gracie would probably beat her in a fight. She seems a lot more like her mother in that sense, like she's got everything planned out before her opponent realizes there's a confrontation. Luna, like Gracie herself says, is a force of nature, but if anyone could figure out how to neutralize her, it's Gracie. Especially since MC already showed that it's possible.

Well in her current state, I wouldn't agree Gracie would be able to beat Luna in a physical one on one fight.

Yes, Gracie is one of the most intelligent characters in DeLuca universe, but her physicality is very much lacking at the moment.
So unless Luna gives Gracie an ample time to set something like an ambush or setting a trap (though if it comes to that, I wouldn't actually call it a proper fight lol), I'd say Luna would win most likely if for example both Luna and Gracie are thrown in a fight against each other, with no preparation from Gracie's end.

Basically Luna was taught by 2 of the Serpents, Cynthia & Gottardo (mostly by Cynthia, and one or two moves by Gottardo), and I think difference in their physical level at current state is far too great at the moment in Luna's favor, considering Gracie had...... no training whatsoever.

However, if Gracie decides to train for real in physical combat and learns from Cynthia and Gottardo like Luna did, they might be on more of a even field then (even MC notes in that Portend event that Gracie is a fast learner and should she set her mind to physical combat training, she could be a scary beast).
In that case, it might be a toss-up in terms of whether Luna's battle/fight experience (which she has ample amount more than Gracie) & unpredictability triumphs or Gracie's applying of her brains to her fighting (to make up for her lack of fight experience) does.

While I like Antonio, I dislike missing out on content more (since by picking friend path with Isabel the player misses out on the Netori event. Only one at the moment, but my guess is this number will increase with more Isabel updates in the future), so in all of my playthroughs, I always chose Netori path.

Reactions: sahadeva and c3p0

sahadeva

May 1, 2021
While I like Antonio, I dislike missing out on content more (since by picking friend path with Isabel the player misses out on the Netori event. Only one at the moment, but my guess is this number will increase with more Isabel updates in the future), so in all of my playthroughs, I always chose Netori path.
Same.

uhhhok

Sep 24, 2020
This is one of my favorite games but it is been more than 5 months, and we don't know if we will get an update this month's end. The last update was very short and you know how long it took to make that. I wish we will get at least 4 updates a year instead of 1-2. This is not from anger but from my love for this game and the want to see more of this.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
This is one of my favorite games but it is been more than 5 months, and we don't know if we will get an update this month's end. The last update was very short and you know how long it took to make that. I wish we will get at least 4 updates a year instead of 1-2. This is not from anger but from my love for this game and the want to see more of this.
I'm not going to waste time or effort explaining why the update from v0.06.6 to v0.07.0 took around double the length of usual updates.
You can read that for yourself, or not.
Suffice to say the game was rewritten, from the ground up.

As for how long it's taken for the current update, the dev has a job and does this as a hobby.
It is not a full time occupation. The game will be released when it's ready.
Patience, padawan. (y)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Kracken36 and JJJ84
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes