JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
lol, it's really laughable how it is the same pattern with people who complain (and 99% of the time, those who whine and complain the loudest are non-Patrons).

Patrons can decide whether they want to support Hopes or not, given the delays based on recent updates releases and their belief in whether Hopes deserve their support or not.

But Non-Patrons have no right to complain whatsoever.
You're literally getting the game for free. For free. On a pirate forum (f95).
So when those who don't support him say lines like "Oh it's taking too long!" "Why should I support him?", what do I see?
Well, all I see is entitlement.

And we all know a certain term/character that we can group those folks with who display that behavior:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

DarkFencer1

Apr 27, 2019
People complain because has no patience, whether or not financially supports the project.

But if later the project comes out quickly and is not what was expected, the quality is bad or it feels incomplete or full of bugs, then it is worse. It already happened with several games that became super hype.

Good things (like wine) take time.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
You ever wonder if people sit around bitchin' and moanin' about how Stamp Collector's don't collect stamps fast enough??

I've known multiple women who knit and some go much much slower than others because you know, real life, they aren't retired. Not once have I ever met someone who bitched at that lady for being so much slower at her hobby.

Why do we feel like some asshole actions are OK when we know others, that are the same, are not OK???

I'm going to call my friend who collects figurines and tell her she hasn't had a new one years so she sucks and isn't worthy of money I am not giving to her :devilish::mad:

SMDH
FYI just saying that 1% of the nations population are made up of Narcissists... Just throwing it out there.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
FYI just saying that 1% of the nations population are made up of Narcissists... Just throwing it out there.
Isn't that the truth? I had these two assholes arguing that summer's gone would be abandoned cause the guy is only making 36 grand a year making game. Well that's only the median income it will totally be abandoned. Only the median income? You mean he's only making more than 50% of the population making this game? Well that' garbsge. Fuck you. Most people wish they made that much for a fucking hobby.

Last edited:
Reactions: BorgiaBou

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
I'm on a fixed income of 12.3k a year if a Dev can make 10k a month more power to them and I am glad for their success. 95% of the people on here are not doners sooo. If they can't deal with the situation TFB or if they do donate then they can vote with their pocketbook. I can't stop you guys from making these asinine comments just like you can't make the dev do what you want so WHATEVER!!!!!

DarkFencer1

Apr 27, 2019
Most people wish they made that much for a fucking hobby.
Most people should study programming, design, educate themselves culturally and spiritually to be more creative and have good ideas. And sacrifice their free time to spend hours and hours developing a game, or whatever interests they, instead of complaining.

It's a choice, you know. If you have brains and a good pc, the possibilities are endless.

justsum

Mar 22, 2020
Geez. I remember playing the last update when it released and it that had precious little outside of coding updates. That had a long delay between updates as well.

I've no intention of supporting a dev taking so long to do so little, but come on. It was getting ridiculous before the last update.
You ever wonder if people sit around bitchin' and moanin' about how Stamp Collector's don't collect stamps fast enough??

I've known multiple women who knit and some go much much slower than others because you know, real life, they aren't retired. Not once have I ever met someone who bitched at that lady for being so much slower at her hobby.

Why do we feel like some asshole actions are OK when we know others, that are the same, are not OK???

I'm going to call my friend who collects figurines and tell her she hasn't had a new one in years so she sucks and isn't worthy of money I am not giving to her :devilish::mad:

SMDH
*Troll voice from the basement* GRANDMAAAAA! Where's my PopTart! and hurry up with my sweater, Susie needs to borrow it!

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Patreon is there so the developers can focus on the project at hand. Results will vary from developer to developer but release frequency does not indicate quality or amount of progression.

I am one of those Patreons and I am personally satisfied with development and money spent. Your free version will release when it does, and maybe consider the fact that a lot of this work is funded by other people and they can decide if their money is spent to their satisfaction.

Remember patience is a virtue, one of the few encouraged on this deviant site :p
This... SOOOO many people on this site complain and talk about money when they literally are not even the person paying for it.. This shows that you should stop talking for the people that are paying because its likely they're happy with what their money is going in to. Its so fucking weird how people get mad about how many patreons someone has and how much they make and dont even contribute to that. these people that pay do on their own and are the reason we even get to play these games..

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
I state that I do not follow this game because I have neither the patience nor the time to wait half a decade for completion and even worse with indefinite updates and therefore I do not expect anything.

I do not criticize those who follow him and / or finance him, on the contrary I respect their opinion because everyone is free to have fun as he thinks.

However, I think the lenders are a minority compared to the viewers of this forum who certainly (I mean active F95 users) invest some time here helping skilled developers take flight.

A time that is not useless but precious considering that most devs pass through here to take off and not only that but also those who decide to finance pass from here to evaluate whether to do it or stop it also evaluating from the posts of the thread.

For me, it means that everyone is useful here, no one excluded and everyone has the same rights to express their opinions, also because fans who advertise the product with their own signatures around the forum, with their own opinions and who sometimes they undertake to test games, report bags, etc ... at least they deserve to play for free.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I state that I do not follow this game because I have neither the patience nor the time to wait half a decade for completion and even worse with indefinite updates and therefore I do not expect anything.

I do not criticize those who follow him and / or finance him, on the contrary I respect their opinion because everyone is free to have fun as he thinks.

However, I think the lenders are a minority compared to the viewers of this forum who certainly (I mean active F95 users) invest some time here helping skilled developers take flight.

A time that is not useless but precious considering that most devs pass through here to take off and not only that but also those who decide to finance pass from here to evaluate whether to do it or stop it also evaluating from the posts of the thread.

For me, it means that everyone is useful here, no one excluded and everyone has the same rights to express their opinions, also because fans who advertise the product with their own signatures around the forum, with their own opinions and who sometimes they undertake to test games, report bags, etc ... at least they deserve to play for free.
These helpful although non paying people certainly do exist. However, if you look at the other contributions by those who just run into a thread with an "abandoned?" just to come back a while later with the same question - these are usually not the same people. And thus I disagree with "everyone is useful". Which nobody has to be here, mind you. But some people are not constructive but quite the opposite.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
These helpful although non paying people certainly do exist. However, if you look at the other contributions by those who just run into a thread with an "abandoned?" just to come back a while later with the same question - these are usually not the same people. And thus I disagree with "everyone is useful". Which nobody has to be here, mind you. But some people are not constructive but quite the opposite.
Evidently useless people exist in any context, but all that remains is to ignore them as happens in any civilized society, they are part of the parasites but nevertheless negligible.
And if you want to argue that they are the majority then we will ask for a pest control ... :)

Add:
However, it was understood that everyone was related to those active.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Do you normally read the forum or just jump to conclusions? You do know this coming update is a major update and Hopes regularly comes in here? You might be complaining, but his patreons seem to disagree with you. Secondly if you are complaining without paying why do you think you should complain about a free product while his patreons do not?
Because that's how entitled people work.
Sadly.
The literal definition of "ignorant", also.
Absolutely.
Your time, ergo it's your choice as to what you invest your time into.
If a person chooses to invest it into something that doesn't fulfill their expectation, that's on them.
No-one forced them to play the game, at gunpoint.

For me, it means that everyone is useful here, no one excluded...
There is a vast & distinct difference between legitimate & illegitimate complaints.
The former can be used for positive improvement.
The latter are often, as evidenced by the majority of complaints found in this thread, completely invalid &, therefore, just a complete waste of everyone's time.
Particularly when the answer to their complaint has already been provided and discussed. Often you'll see a dev post, then the very next post is someone asking for an update, because they didn't bother to read.
That's not useful, I'm afraid. That's just lazy & ignorant.

Last edited:

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
There is a distinct difference between legitimate & illegitimate complaints.
The former can be used for positive improvement.
The latter are often, as evidenced by the majority of complaints found in this thread, completely invalid &, therefore, just a complete waste of everyone's time.
Particularly when the answer to their complaint has already been provided and discussed.
That's just ignorant.
You won't be able to find a thread without a reckless post.
It means that a dev capable focuses on the fans and constructive opinions and ignores the rest, but anyone should act in this way.
So my considerations are referred to, even if it was understood, to all useful people and actions.
I repeat, for the rest there are no alternatives, only not to reply if you don't want to waste time.

Reactions: Thrill'n Flares

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You won't be able to find a thread without a reckless post.
It means that a dev capable focuses on the fans and constructive opinions and ignores the rest, but anyone should act in this way.
So my considerations are referred to, even if it was understood, to all useful people and actions.
I repeat, for the rest there are no alternatives, only not to reply if you don't want to waste time.
What you actually said, was:
For me, it means that everyone is useful here, no one excluded and everyone has the same rights to express their opinions
You specifically stated that "everyone is useful here, no one excluded". Which was then proven incorrect.
So you're now saying that only useful posts are, um, useful? :unsure:
Thanks for that brainwave. (y) :LOL::ROFLMAO:

But, who defines what is "useful", in your personal system?
I'm sure different people will have differing views on what constitutes "usefulness".
What is useful to one, may be useless to another.
Does your definition match what others choose to define it as? Or is this simply an undefined, subjective opinion of what is useful?
Some of the people making illegitimate complaints will feel justified and valid in doing so.
Some require having their error proven, to show that it was not legitimate.
Some are just trolls, posting purposefully antagonistic comments, hoping to get some attention.
It can be a fine line, discerning between them.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes