JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Very true and that is 100% on me. I kept underestimating the amount of content i still wanted in the game and the time it would take me to do said content. That's why I really need to stop giving estimates like that as it gives false expectations. Alas! You learn as you go !
Continue doing the progress bar, but yeah probably good idea to stop giving ETAs unless you're 100% sure it will come at that time.

Regarding progress bar being misleading, I think it's that case because it's all in text. If it was in visuals (actual graphs), probably it can be shown with different events having different bar length (longer/bigger the event, bar being longer and vice versa).

But if you feel comfortable doing it more in text, here's my suggestion;
Why don't you label each event as you would for a soldier in the Family (in terms of their length/size)?

Event size category definition:

- Associate: very short event
- Soldato: moderate length event
- Elite Soldato: slightly larger sized event than Soldato ranked event
- Capo: very large event
- Wilfred's Division: slightly larger event than Capo ranked event
- Serpent: biggest & longest event so far

I'll give couple of examples:

1) My name is Luna (Lewd + Story) - 100% [Serpent]

2) What is Truly Weak is Truly Strong (Story) - 50% [Elite Soldato]

Of course, I just put titles of actual events to show the events that are relevant to.
In your dev posts for an upcoming update, above events would be displayed like the following:

1) Luna Event (Lewd + Story) - 100% [Serpent]
2) Story Event - 50% [Elite Soldato]

Labels like above (next to your progress bar, with definitions to each category attached somewhere. And yeah, I'm aware Wilfred's Division is same rank as Capos, but I put it up higher than Capos here so there can be some flexibility in size scale) might give fans better idea of how big of an event they can expect.

Gotta admit, the wait has been a bit difficult, but still hell yeah I'm excited for this update.
Hope everything goes smoothly and we can finally get back to the DeLuca universe next month.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Why don't you label each event as you would for a soldier in the Family (in terms of their length/size)?
But could also lead to a new categories of whiners. Event x was cat a and event y only b, but event y was much much longer than x.
Also metrics are evil for the puropose to measure something that is higly subjective.
Or how would you measured them "play" length, time dev worked on it, text length, count of images, count/length of videos, count of apperance of Joey's beard, count of apperance of Floaty, count of apperance of Filius, count of apperance of Wilfreds wine bottles?:LOL:

Reactions: whichone and JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
But could also lead to a new categories of whiners. Event x was cat a and event y only b, but event y was much much longer than x.
Also metrics are evil for the puropose to measure something that is higly subjective.
Or how would you measured them "play" length, time dev worked on it, text length, count of images, count/length of videos, count of apperance of Joey's beard, count of apperance of Floaty, count of apperance of Filius, count of apperance of Wilfreds wine bottles?:LOL:
Yeah, but if (I say "if" because I don't know whether there actually are people complaining about it or not regarding whether bar is misleading) people whine one way or the other, I'd much rather Hopes actually give us the label to tease us this tbh (and to be blunt, screw the new whiners lol).

I think in terms of "play" length, Hopes will need to consider various factors (that is, if he even considers my suggestion, heh).

For example, if a certain segment of an event took a lot of time to develop (such as that Amata's single fight scene in Ombra event) compared to animations in another event (like that lewd scene in My name is Luna), of course that would need to be considered, but given the length of text, images, and everything else of course My name is Luna would be considered higher in terms of rank (just excelling in one area is not enough, got to do well in many areas for higher rank)

Cause at the moment, with current progress bar, while Hopes said some will be bigger than the other, we have no idea how many of these are bigger events and how many are smaller events (well ok, we know Season Finale will be a short one since Hopes said so, but since he moved it to be the quickie update after v0.08...... rest, I'm still wondering about :unsure: )

Last edited:

justsum

Mar 22, 2020
JAN 29, 2022 AT 5:07 PM
Sickness - Covid
Hey everyone,

Some unfortunate news. I've gotten Covid.
First day of symptoms and it is very mild. I am vaccinated (fully), so hopefully that will keep it at bay.
Will keep you guys updated.

-HG
I got the same email from Patreon. I am glad he is fully vaccinated, this will hopefully keep his symptoms mild. Take care of yourself HopesGaming

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Take care of yourself @HopesGaming
Hey @HopesGaming

Sorry to hear that you got Covid.
Relief to know you're fully vaccinated and hope your symptoms stay mild.
Will be praying for your speedy recovery.
All the best for your health, take as much time as you need, nothing spells trouble like not recovering fully before getting back to work.
Like them, I wish for your full recovery, HopesGaming. Take care of yourself and your family.

Stay safe.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Someone get Luna! One of the mysterious six has apparently infected Hopes with this Covid virus. I've never heard of it so we will have to do some research.

Get well Hopes and don't worry you will be avenged. Vendetta! Vendetta!

screenshot0003.png

Don't worry we will get the right one eventually.

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
Hopefully it's just Omicron(Still bad, but it's less life threatening), but the throat soreness is a bitch(Felt like I had strep throat). Nevertheless I wish you a speedy recovery!

• Red Heart
Reactions: HopesGaming
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes