Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I have to disagree, don't remember much about Melody, but his last game has a lot of sex scenes.
Yeah, in Summertime Love you get your fiancé in bed extremely early, you have dad's flashback, and the taco salesgirl (Victoria?) also isn't too shy.

Melody has your childhood's friend's sister even before you move, other characters make a move quickly as well (Sophia, Xianne - Melody's friends), again others take a while, specifically the "main goal" Melody of course, but I like if not everybody is at the same pace.

DMD may have more but I only remember the latter part where you have to click through 2 sex scenes to finally get the story to move again.

All in all, he's certainly not the king of anything.

Reactions: jaw1986baby
Aug 14, 2021
What? Sacrilege! Where is the inquisition? Burn him at the stakes.

Actually, in reviews or forum comments stuff like "too much grind" and "blueballing" are a kind of a seal of quality to me. Yes, there can be too much of both, I've seen it with my own eyes, but usually it is applied pretty freely and just means "there is a build up, you won't fuck with every girl longing for your magic dick the first time you see her but actually have to get to know her first".
Haven't played either of the games in the competition so I have no idea the extent of the whole "blueballing" tbh.
But I do remember how Rebirth thread sometimes used to be plagued with with the whole "blueballing" remarks and trolling, that is until things started off with Carmen, and now Callisto.

Granted, with DeLuca, so far for season 1, we will only have Eiza (a side girl) who does full (penetration) sex, and rest being orals (Isabel, Amita) & teases, but honestly?
Some will obviously moan and complain saying "Give us the sex already!" but for me, the pace that Hopes sets with DeLuca I feel is natural.

Don't know when the sex will start coming (whether it will be season 2, or season 3), but the story is enough to keep me engaged and make me even forget about the sex most of the times, and sexual teases as well as the buildups that exist right now are I should say are pretty sufficient.
And when the sex comes it will be even better, cause sex floodgates would be open, but knowing Hopes style, he's not gonna drop the ball on the story (well I have faith he won't).
Yes there are time that some games get labeled "blue balling" when its actually a natural buildup. When the story is as good as The Deluca Family then natural build up is actually good even when its this slow. Cause the story and world building is what carries this game not the sex. That is what makes this game good. Lewd scenes give it an extra flare and spice. I'm sure all of The Deluca Family agrees. Well besides Vidal the King of Pervert. He would say its Luna that carries this game, but I see it as she is one of many who carries this game. Everything in this game fits. From characters to the world building, to character builder to the lore itself and yes even the pacing fits perfectly. Everything says the buildup and what is well worth it. Those who whine otherwise are Filiuses without any sense in their noggin.

Aug 14, 2021
About the dispassion stat - still not 100% on how it will be yet. Honestly, I may even remove it. Nothing for sure yet.
But the plan is still to have it as in the in-game description. Just remember that it is called dispassion and not morality.

About blueballing.
This is 100% bias, but I don't believe the game can be a blueballing game.
The way blue balling work is that the player plays a game and expect sexual encounters as the main goal. The developer then either give it quick or builds it up to create more arousal. And if the dev does it too long, it creates blue balling syndrome.
But even with heavy story games, it can be blue balling as the story revolves around a sexual theme.

However, with our game here. The story is non-sexual and the lewd is not the main focus. It's part of the game, but not what it is all revolved.
All the story sections are about attacking headquarters, finding out MC's background and the dead of traitors and a father killing his own son. Not much arousal in the main story part.
Even in the side quest which is the lewd part of the game, there contains a lot of stories that has nothing to do with lewd.
If you get blueballing during Luna's flashback, then there is something very wrong.

There is not enough 'constant' sexual arousal situations and focus for it to create blueballing.

Just the way I see it. But I am biased, that I won't deny, heh.
Completely agree. That is why I have been saying this game is not about the lewd Scences, but the story, lore and world building. Everything has been natural and flows like a river. Constant and smooth/even.

Aug 14, 2021
Looks like people getting a "slow burn" cause they can't help but project their feelings instead of looking at the story and trying to see what the developer/writer is trying to tell and show you through THEIR art. By projecting our own feelings we miss the beauty of the art that is right in front of us. Sadly this is also the reason why marriages and relationships "sometimes" ends badly. To much projecting, not enough understanding.

Reactions: DogzBallz

Thierry29

Jun 3, 2017
Hi guys !
Question about the next update. What is the best choice, keeping the save from 7.02 or play a new restart ?
I' don't see info about save compatibility, restart is not a problem for me ( just skip the poor Luna child past, very well writing, but...really sad moment)

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hi guys !
Question about the next update. What is the best choice, keeping the save from 7.02 or play a new restart ?
I' don't see info about save compatibility, restart is not a problem for me ( just skip the poor Luna child past, very well writing, but...really sad moment)
Well, there's no really definitive answer as to which choice is better than the other (depends on the person).

v0.07 (or v0.07.2 with the bugfix) only had the save compatibility issue due to the major gameplay overhaul (i.e. the Contracts system) hence everyone had to restart back from the beginning.

But since it was just the previous update, it is unlikely Hopes (the dev) is gonna do another gameplay change anytime soon, I think.

So in essence, for upcoming update (v0.08) you'll most likely be able to continue from your v0.07 or v0.07.2 save.
Having said that, a restart is not a bad idea if you don't mind the time taken and also can't remember what the story is (I mean, I don't have this issue, but I'd imagine some folks may have it).

So all in all, really up to you in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thierry29
Aug 14, 2021
No, not at all. If I base it on the date you registered here, you don't know what MrDots did with his game back then, it was perfected blue balling at the height of art that was unparalleled. And no, I'm not talking about slowburn here.

Nevertheless, further remarks on this subject do not belong here.
So you are saying back when he was working on melody or DMD was blue balling? Which means he added more content to spots that needed it? :unsure:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
So you are saying back when he was working on melody or DMD was blue balling? Which means he added more content to spots that needed it? :unsure:
If you wish to discuss more about it, you probably should DM Mortarion, cause as he said such discussion is already in the off-topic territory (and likely subject to deletion by the mods).

Reactions: Mortarion and c3p0

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
The game sort of fell apart. I remember about a year ago she was in the top three
Fell apart?
lol talk about showing one's ignorance.

I mean sure, it's been a long time since there last was an update for it, but if you're judging games solely on their update wait times (to say such a thing), boy you must be missing out on so many good games on this site.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes