CheesusRice

Oct 24, 2021
Stupid question, but I didn't see an answer/explanation, how does the morality system work based on the walkthrough. I take it the + morality options are the way to go but I'm not sure what, if any, consequences are for this system *at this time.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Stupid question, but I didn't see an answer/explanation, how does the morality system work based on the walkthrough. I take it the + morality options are the way to go but I'm not sure what, if any, consequences are for this system *at this time.
There are no consequences for morality at this time.
And while according to the game's code (told by the dev HopesGaming) it is morality, in the game itself, it is referred to as Dispassion.

Dispassion definition in the game (under "?" button in the top menu when in free roam mode):

Snap 2022-02-02 at 11.04.41.png

Hence, Increase in Morality actions will lead to Increase in Dispassion (and vice versa).

Previously Hopes said Morality/Dispassion stats may have an impact on what MC wears, but with the MC's clothing system getting totally changed with the new Contracts gameplay mechanics in v0.07, that is unclear at the moment.

CheesusRice

Oct 24, 2021
There are no consequences for morality at this time.
And while according to the game's code (told by the dev HopesGaming) it is morality, in the game itself, it is referred to as Dispassion.

Dispassion definition in the game (under "?" button in the top menu when in free roam mode):

View attachment 1628988

Hence, Increase in Morality actions will lead to Increase in Dispassion (and vice versa).

Previously Hopes said Morality/Dispassion stats may have an impact on what MC wears, but with the MC's clothing system getting totally changed with the new Contracts gameplay mechanics in v0.07, that is unclear at the moment.
That actually makes sense, thank you.

Reactions: JJJ84

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
I think you the DeLuca encyclopedia JJJ84 might be off on that. I thought the whole morality stat was going to have an impact on the MC's personality in certain situations for future updates. Perhaps we can get a clarification from the Godfather himself HopesGaming.

Aug 14, 2021
Don't forget to vote for the DeLuca family in this competition.
Anyone who votes for the Deluca Family in that competition. Thinks two blow jobs from two different girls is the same as nothing but teasing. A Wife and A mother is a true ball game. Deluca Family has more story and world building that makes the wait more than bearable and has more than just teasing. This game is about story with teasing and slow progress of lewd scences. A Wife and A mother is about giving you a story while blue balling you every chance it gets. Cause there is way less progress and less story. One has mind blowing world building (Deluca Family). The other great world building. Putting everything together A wife and A mother is way more of a blue baller than Deluca Family could ever be. The other game in the competition, Jessica O'neal Hard News, I have not played so no opinion on it.

Reactions: Gustavous

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I think you the DeLuca encyclopedia JJJ84 might be off on that. I thought the whole morality stat was going to have an impact on the MC's personality in certain situations for future updates. Perhaps we can get a clarification from the Godfather himself HopesGaming.
I said it based on what Hopes said back in June 2019. Though I guess it's a lot broader than clothing, with Hopes stating change to "profile image." (so yeah, should have said profile image, but I just couldn't remember Hopes' exact words back then until I searched and found the below post lol):

There are already plans for that. The plan is to change the MC's profile image at his character screen depending on morality stat the same as with the girls. The girls right now have different images depending on the status of their relations.
But I like the title idea a lot tho. Probably would not be from any popular franchises as I like to keep it original.
But on the other hand, Hopes also said back in April 2019 the following:

Only the future will tell.
What I can say is that morality will play a role.
So even though I can't say there will be a dedicated dark path, there will be *dark* options if the morality stat is *bad* enough.
But both answers were way back before v0.07 released so who knows if his plans have changed.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I think you the DeLuca encyclopedia JJJ84 might be off on that.
What? Sacrilege! Where is the inquisition? Burn him at the stakes.

Anyone who votes for the Deluca Family in that competition. Thinks two blow jobs from two different girls is the same as nothing but teasing. A Wife and A mother is a true ball game. Deluca Family has more story and world building that makes the wait more than bearable and has more than just teasing. This game is about story with teasing and slow progress of lewd scences. A Wife and A mother is about giving you a story while blue balling you every chance it gets. Cause there is way less progress and less story. One has mind blowing world building (Deluca Family). The other great world building. Putting everything together A wife and A mother is way more of a blue baller than Deluca Family could ever be. The other game in the competition, Jessica O'neal Hard News, I have not played so no opinion on it.
Actually, in reviews or forum comments stuff like "too much grind" and "blueballing" are a kind of a seal of quality to me. Yes, there can be too much of both, I've seen it with my own eyes, but usually it is applied pretty freely and just means "there is a build up, you won't fuck with every girl longing for your magic dick the first time you see her but actually have to get to know her first".

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Actually, in reviews or forum comments stuff like "too much grind" and "blueballing" are a kind of a seal of quality to me. Yes, there can be too much of both, I've seen it with my own eyes, but usually it is applied pretty freely and just means "there is a build up, you won't fuck with every girl longing for your magic dick the first time you see her but actually have to get to know her first".
Haven't played either of the games in the competition so I have no idea the extent of the whole "blueballing" tbh.
But I do remember how Rebirth thread sometimes used to be plagued with with the whole "blueballing" remarks and trolling, that is until things started off with Carmen, and now Callisto.

Granted, with DeLuca, so far for season 1, we will only have Eiza (a side girl) who does full (penetration) sex, and rest being orals (Isabel, Amita) & teases, but honestly?
Some will obviously moan and complain saying "Give us the sex already!" but for me, the pace that Hopes sets with DeLuca I feel is natural.

Don't know when the sex will start coming (whether it will be season 2, or season 3), but the story is enough to keep me engaged and make me even forget about the sex most of the times, and sexual teases as well as the buildups that exist right now are I should say are pretty sufficient.
And when the sex comes it will be even better, cause sex floodgates would be open, but knowing Hopes style, he's not gonna drop the ball on the story (well I have faith he won't).

Reactions: Ahx

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
About the dispassion stat - still not 100% on how it will be yet. Honestly, I may even remove it. Nothing for sure yet.
But the plan is still to have it as in the in-game description. Just remember that it is called dispassion and not morality.

About blueballing.
This is 100% bias, but I don't believe the game can be a blueballing game.
The way blue balling work is that the player plays a game and expect sexual encounters as the main goal. The developer then either give it quick or builds it up to create more arousal. And if the dev does it too long, it creates blue balling syndrome.
But even with heavy story games, it can be blue balling as the story revolves around a sexual theme.

However, with our game here. The story is non-sexual and the lewd is not the main focus. It's part of the game, but not what it is all revolved.
All the story sections are about attacking headquarters, finding out MC's background and the dead of traitors and a father killing his own son. Not much arousal in the main story part.
Even in the side quest which is the lewd part of the game, there contains a lot of stories that has nothing to do with lewd.
If you get blueballing during Luna's flashback, then there is something very wrong.

There is not enough 'constant' sexual arousal situations and focus for it to create blueballing.

Just the way I see it. But I am biased, that I won't deny, heh.

Sep 3, 2020
About the dispassion stat - still not 100% on how it will be yet. Honestly, I may even remove it. Nothing for sure yet.
But the plan is still to have it as in the in-game description. Just remember that it is called dispassion and not morality.

About blueballing.
The way blue balling work is that the player plays a game and expect sexual encounters as the main goal. The developer then either give it quick or builds it up to create more arousal. And if the dev does it too long, it creates blue balling syndrome.
But even with heavy story games, it can be blue balling as the story revolves around a sexual theme.

However, with our game here. The story is non-sexual and the lewd is not the main focus. It's part of the game, but not what it is all revolved.
All the story sections are about attacking headquarters, finding out MC's background and the dead of traitors and a father killing his own son. Not much arousal in the main story part.
Even in the side quest which is the lewd part of the game, there contains a lot of stories that has nothing to do with lewd.
If you get blueballing during Luna's flashback, then there is something very wrong.

There is not enough 'constant' sexual arousal situations and focus for it to create blueballing.

boss you will never hear me complain about blueballing

don't forget I'm the guy who cried his eyes out literally when he thought he had to cheat on Luna

I actually couldn't sleep and it was affecting my health that's when I asked you to put in the option where I don't have to cheat on Luna

but that was a long time ago I don't blame you if you don't remember me
but more importantly how are you feeling

Reactions: HopesGaming

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
About blueballing.

I highlighted the problem in blue. There are players with some expectations which are not grounded in reality. They want a certain playstyle and they expect it from every game, no matter how obvious it is to others that this game won't be it. They will complain that a Pinball game is shit because it isn't a first person shooter (and I only wish I made this example up - it can be found in the comment section of the IGN review of "Pinball Arcade"). So there will be people who see the preview pics in the original posting and wanna fuck them NAOW, and everything else is blueballing. And milking.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I highlighted the problem in blue. There are players with some expectations which are not grounded in reality. They want a certain playstyle and they expect it from every game, no matter how obvious it is to others that this game won't be it. They will complain that a Pinball game is shit because it isn't a first person shooter (and I only wish I made this example up - it can be found in the comment section of the IGN review of "Pinball Arcade"). So there will be people who see the preview pics in the original posting and wanna fuck them NAOW, and everything else is blueballing. And milking.
I'm 100% sure Hopes is well aware of this, because you are basically describing how our infamous Filius Canis' mind works.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

About blueballing.

I have to agree with your general concept EXCEPT..... you have presented us with a stable of really hot women to fall for so it's still your fault! :love: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

justsum

Mar 22, 2020
About blueballing.

At the possible expense of getting awarded an eternal red Blasphemy tag under my avatar (The God Father is powerful) I think The Delucia Family is someplace in the middle. Even the most pious when confronted with attraction to his or her eventual wife/husband wither during long engagements. While Delucia is not a blue balling game it is not entirely void of sexual frustration. Delucia is in a "Grey" area, dare I say Greyball? Regardless maybe we can accept a slight purpleballing when the prize is well worth it as is the case of The Delucia Family.

Reactions: HopesGaming

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Well I still remember when it was called morality. We even had a nice debate about it in the thread, and you totally ignored all of my wonderful suggestions for a name change. :cry:

FYI DeLucaness was favorite.

Your observation is more or less correct, the "morality" measures adherence to "family values", if you could call them that, so higher morality means "more mafia man", lower means "normal guy with a conscience". As for the specific importance of that stat, we'll have to see.
Correct although you'd think it would be the other way around. Having no problem killing someone gives you higher morality seems odd to me. As far as how it matters in the game, it seems like it just has to do with your characters personality. I don't think it makes a big difference for the story or other characters. I haven't seen anything that requires you to have high or low morality to be able to do something. So don't worry about it to much and just make the decisions you think are right.
It really could do with a different name if you ask me. Not sure exactly what would fit best, you could possibly call it 'Omerta' but that doesn't really fit exactly. It would eliminate all confusion due to it literally not being what it's named though.
Yeah I don't know what else you could call it either that would work, Loyalty, Honor, Omerta, Delucaness, or Family points. None are a perfect fit, but I suppose it doesn't really make much of a difference as it doesn't appear to affect the game much.
Family Values lol

Loyalty would be good. (y)
See I can dig stuff up too JJJ84. :LOL:

What? Sacrilege! Where is the inquisition? Burn him at the stakes.
Well excuse me for suggesting The DeLuca Encyclopedia might not have been 100% accurate on that. Here JJJ84 take your crown.
rick-and-morty-season4episode2.gif

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

About blueballing.

Hey Hopes,
I hope you're feeling/getting better from the Covid.

Been a while since I last had some question for ya Hopes, but here's some (most likely won't have any more until the update releases, but who knows. Never say never, heh):

1) I know you said that it would be rare to see Serpents together in battles, but do Serpents sometimes hang out together when not working, i.e. when chilling out (perhaps something like that Gottardo & "Serpent" playing poker with Floaty render)?

For instance, Gottardo says to MC, Luna & Gracie (in the beach house event) that "Some of the other Serpents and higher ups were having their doubts (about MC) because you know DNA and all that bullshit stuff, but not me! I knew he (MC) was different"
Seems like a sort of discussion that Gottardo might have when he's having time off with the other Serpents.

2) So from Dominico's introduction in the game's opening, it seems pretty clear he's been set up to be MC's rival. Without giving spoilers, how much from within the game will be actually delve into Dom's character?

3) When Caterina mentions in Ombra mission "Quasi-Capo", that he's an Elite Soldato who's next in line to be a Capo, MC says "Like Pelata & the guys (Biondo, Gray)?" which Caterina says Yes.

So that would mean Pelata, Biondo & Gray are all next in line to be Capos, but where would that leave Joey? Is he also in the same boat as Pelata/Biondo/Gray, or does he still have a bit of a way to go until then?

I'm asking this because with both DeLuca & Ombra Families, Elite Soldatos who are getting close to Capo promotion don't seem to be wearing any official uniforms (like Soldatos do, with Pelata & the guys, same with Ombra Quasi-Capo).

Ombra Elite Soldatos' uniform seems to be almost identical to DeLuca Soldato uniform in design (except for being dark and the Family's Scorpion symbol), so I'm inclined to think that DeLucas' Elite Soldato uniform is almost same (if not exactly same) when a Soldato first gets promoted to Elite.

There's been no mention of Joey being close to promotion (unlike Pelata and the guys), yet he dresses differently like everyone in Quasi-Capo situation, so it does make me wonder what position Joey is in exactly.

4) So you've previously said that while main girls (Luna, Gracie, Isabel, Cordia) will not be appearing in the contracts, at least some (if not all) of the side girls, their chance of appearing in these contracts are very high.

We already have Amita, Amata the nun sisters, Lelianna, and Alexa in the first set of contracts.
Can you share names of any other side girls who are candidates to appear in the future contracts (as a tease for things to come), or would revealing their names be considered too spoilery (for e.g. character like Eiza, is it possible for someone like her to appear in contracts even if she already would be working for a different Capo as stated by Cordia)?

5) Eiza's little sister Fina, are there any plans for her to play more part in (any of) future stories, or is her role in the game done with the conclusion of the Ombra mission?

6) Capos (Angelo, Caterina) have been trying to get MC to join their crew in a hilarious way, but will this whole "which crew will MC join" question be addressed (and there be a payoff) in season 2?
If the choice is given, might lead to a bit of branching paths (Angelo's crew path, Caterina crew path), but it could be interesting.

Actually, I know Luna has always been a solo-Capo till now (since it seems she sort of seems to like it that way and noone is crazy enough to join her crew even if she wants a crew), but it would be pretty cool to have a choice where MC can say "You know what? Luna's a Capo, so I'll join her crew." Surprising, Cordia, Wilfred, all the Capos, and of course Luna herself.

7) I love Amita and Amata, the nun sisters and their religious habits, but will we ever get a situation where we see the sisters out of their religious habits and in casual clothes (for e.g. undercover, or any other specific purpose)?

8) When a side character turns out to be more popular than expected (for instance, Onorina, I remember you saying her popularity has been rising since the Ombra event), where do you prefer to increase their content? Include them more in the main story, or add in/increase their contracts content? Or is it both?

9) Something that has been discussed couple of times before in the thread.
In terms of rivals, with MC, he has Dominico (and possibly Ombra Quasi-Capo, that is if he counts as one), and Luna has Apce (whom you said will make a comeback in the future).

With Gracie (who will start to work for the Family from season 2 onwards), will she have any rivals from outside the Family, who is either of same or close to her age, but is able to match her intelligence?

So far, with plans Gracie thought of (such as foiling Straffan's ambush plans for Antonio and DeLuca soldiers) went without a hitch, but it would be interesting to see Gracie be challenged intellectually by a rival, struggle or even lose a battle of wits in some cases (she thinks noone other than Wilfred is intelligent than her, so having her fall from initial battle with her rival, but getting back up with help of MC, Luna and her Family might be an interesting arc to explore for her).

10) I know Eiza doesn't show a lot of strong emotions (such as anger) with her expressions but given she was forced to work for Ombras due to her sister being a hostage, how strong is her animosity towards the Ombras?

For instance, with MC and Siobhan starting their interaction with Ombra event, if she saw MC & Siobhan meet (their second meet) while keeping an eye out for her Unofficial Boss, will she be angry (and be really holding a grudge) towards Siobhan, daughter of the Family who ruined her Family, that MC might need to hold her back?

11) With Frenetico Games, like the athletes who train for Olympic games, will we get some events where MC (and other DeLuca participants) training for these games?
If that's to be considered, could we please have some combat training sessions between MC & Luna as part of it (striking yes, but lots of wrestling & jiujitsu, where MC & Luna tumble over each other, which I'd expect there to be hilarious yet lewd situations, heh.

12) I'm guessing the answer to this question will likely be "No", but I'll ask anyway.
Will there be any point in time where the game takes place outside of Lucania?
I mean, yes, given MC's situation, all events for him I'm guessing would likely be taking place in Lucania, but even if it's not from MC's perspective, I do wonder whether we'll see characters in situations outside Lucania.

For example, "Serpent" gets asked by Cordia (when he comes to Cordia's office and meets MC for "first" time in the game) "How long will you stay at Lucania?" which he replies "Not long." (felt like he was sort of implying he does some stuff outside Lucania)

So I do wonder whether we'll see any Serpents or others doing a job outside Lucania in the game.

DogzBallz

Sep 30, 2021
I really enjoy this game, except that every decision to kill is only based on morality and not strategy. Surely not killing someone who is in your custody and at your mercy could have some solid strategic or intelligence advantage, but sadly the only interpretation is that your must be soft.

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Hey Hopes,
I hope you're feeling/getting better from the Covid.

Been a while since I last had some question for ya Hopes, but here's some (most likely won't have any more until the update releases, but who knows. Never say never, heh):

1) I know you said that it would be rare to see Serpents together in battles, but do Serpents sometimes hang out together when not working, i.e. when chilling out (perhaps something like that Gottardo & "Serpent" playing poker with Floaty render)?

For instance, Gottardo says to MC, Luna & Gracie (in the beach house event) that "Some of the other Serpents and higher ups were having their doubts (about MC) because you know DNA and all that bullshit stuff, but not me! I knew he (MC) was different"
Seems like a sort of discussion that Gottardo might have when he's having time off with the other Serpents.

2) So from Dominico's introduction in the game's opening, it seems pretty clear he's been set up to be MC's rival. Without giving spoilers, how much from within the game will be actually delve into Dom's character?

3) When Caterina mentions in Ombra mission "Quasi-Capo", that he's an Elite Soldato who's next in line to be a Capo, MC says "Like Pelata & the guys (Biondo, Gray)?" which Caterina says Yes.

So that would mean Pelata, Biondo & Gray are all next in line to be Capos, but where would that leave Joey? Is he also in the same boat as Pelata/Biondo/Gray, or does he still have a bit of a way to go until then?

I'm asking this because with both DeLuca & Ombra Families, Elite Soldatos who are getting close to Capo promotion don't seem to be wearing any official uniforms (like Soldatos do, with Pelata & the guys, same with Ombra Quasi-Capo).

Ombra Elite Soldatos' uniform seems to be almost identical to DeLuca Soldato uniform in design (except for being dark and the Family's Scorpion symbol), so I'm inclined to think that DeLucas' Elite Soldato uniform is almost same (if not exactly same) when a Soldato first gets promoted to Elite.

There's been no mention of Joey being close to promotion (unlike Pelata and the guys), yet he dresses differently like everyone in Quasi-Capo situation, so it does make me wonder what position Joey is in exactly.

4) So you've previously said that while main girls (Luna, Gracie, Isabel, Cordia) will not be appearing in the contracts, at least some (if not all) of the side girls, their chance of appearing in these contracts are very high.

We already have Amita, Amata the nun sisters, Lelianna, and Alexa in the first set of contracts.
Can you share names of any other side girls who are candidates to appear in the future contracts (as a tease for things to come), or would revealing their names be considered too spoilery (for e.g. character like Eiza, is it possible for someone like her to appear in contracts even if she already would be working for a different Capo as stated by Cordia)?

5) Eiza's little sister Fina, are there any plans for her to play more part in (any of) future stories, or is her role in the game done with the conclusion of the Ombra mission?

6) Capos (Angelo, Caterina) have been trying to get MC to join their crew in a hilarious way, but will this whole "which crew will MC join" question be addressed (and there be a payoff) in season 2?
If the choice is given, might lead to a bit of branching paths (Angelo's crew path, Caterina crew path), but it could be interesting.

Actually, I know Luna has always been a solo-Capo till now (since it seems she sort of seems to like it that way and noone is crazy enough to join her crew even if she wants a crew), but it would be pretty cool to have a choice where MC can say "You know what? Luna's a Capo, so I'll join her crew." Surprising, Cordia, Wilfred, all the Capos, and of course Luna herself.

7) I love Amita and Amata, the nun sisters and their religious habits, but will we ever get a situation where we see the sisters out of their religious habits and in casual clothes (for e.g. undercover, or any other specific purpose)?

8) When a side character turns out to be more popular than expected (for instance, Onorina, I remember you saying her popularity has been rising since the Ombra event), where do you prefer to increase their content? Include them more in the main story, or add in/increase their contracts content? Or is it both?

9) Something that has been discussed couple of times before in the thread.
In terms of rivals, with MC, he has Dominico (and possibly Ombra Quasi-Capo, that is if he counts as one), and Luna has Apce (whom you said will make a comeback in the future).

With Gracie (who will start to work for the Family from season 2 onwards), will she have any rivals from outside the Family, who is either of same or close to her age, but is able to match her intelligence?

So far, with plans Gracie thought of (such as foiling Straffan's ambush plans for Antonio and DeLuca soldiers) went without a hitch, but it would be interesting to see Gracie be challenged intellectually by a rival, struggle or even lose a battle of wits in some cases (she thinks noone other than Wilfred is intelligent than her, so having her fall from initial battle with her rival, but getting back up with help of MC, Luna and her Family might be an interesting arc to explore for her).

10) I know Eiza doesn't show a lot of strong emotions (such as anger) with her expressions but given she was forced to work for Ombras due to her sister being a hostage, how strong is her animosity towards the Ombras?

For instance, with MC and Siobhan starting their interaction with Ombra event, if she saw MC & Siobhan meet (their second meet) while keeping an eye out for her Unofficial Boss, will she be angry (and be really holding a grudge) towards Siobhan, daughter of the Family who ruined her Family, that MC might need to hold her back?

11) With Frenetico Games, like the athletes who train for Olympic games, will we get some events where MC (and other DeLuca participants) training for these games?
If that's to be considered, could we please have some combat training sessions between MC & Luna as part of it (striking yes, but lots of wrestling & jiujitsu, where MC & Luna tumble over each other, which I'd expect there to be hilarious yet lewd situations, heh.

12) I'm guessing the answer to this question will likely be "No", but I'll ask anyway.
Will there be any point in time where the game takes place outside of Lucania?
I mean, yes, given MC's situation, all events for him I'm guessing would likely be taking place in Lucania, but even if it's not from MC's perspective, I do wonder whether we'll see characters in situations outside Lucania.

For example, "Serpent" gets asked by Cordia (when he comes to Cordia's office and meets MC for "first" time in the game) "How long will you stay at Lucania?" which he replies "Not long." (felt like he was sort of implying he does some stuff outside Lucania)

So I do wonder whether we'll see any Serpents or others doing a job outside Lucania in the game.
I am sure that all of traces from covid virus was killed for good from Hopes system after the Deluca's-Encyclopedia-Machine-gun-questionator JJJ84 actions. Is he a capo, too? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes