JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Guys, every time someone asks when the next update is, Hopes abandons the game and it dies. It's already died 47 times this year.

Please stop. (y)
Only 47?

I thought it was hundred and still ongoing.
These people really must be losing their touch :ROFLMAO:.

Anyhow, some will obviously moan and complain saying "Why aren't you spoon-feeding me the info!" or "Why are you being such a meanie to these lazy people."

Well, I have only one gif to show those folks:

200.gif

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
lol Every time someone asks a redundant question, I lose a little more faith in humanity.
We're already in negative equity! :ROFLMAO:
lol great show. (y)
Reading threads here just makes me sad.
The sheer amount of ignorance, entitlement & blatant, utter stupdity, makes me worry about the future of our whole fucking species.
Idiocracy was supposed to be a comedy, but it came true.
That certainly explains your 'trolling on humans' debut. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: whichone

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
lol great show. (y)
Reading threads here just makes me sad.
The sheer amount of ignorance, entitlement & blatant, utter stupdity, makes me worry about the future of our whole fucking species.
Idiocracy was supposed to be a comedy, but it came true. :FacePalm:
You should feel the happiest, given your considerations about the generality of the human race and of which you believe to be the most intelligent.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You should feel the happiest, given your considerations about the generality of the human race and of which you believe to be the most intelligent.
I never said anything about who was the most intelligent. Prove it, or don't make such ridiculously false claims. They don't help your cause.
I merely said that I was sad, that so many people are seemingly incapable of performing the incredibly simple job of finding the answer to their own question for themselves, instead of expecting other people to do the work for them.
That's both entitled and ignorant.
Our species has produced some great minds & yet we end up with that. Entitled ignorance. Great.
I don't see any reason for me to feel happy about that scenario.
But thanks for your wonderfully thought out response. I'm sure it made you feel like a champ.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
I never said anything about who was the most intelligent. Prove it, or don't make such ridiculously false claims. They don't help your cause.
I merely said that I was sad, that so many people are seemingly incapable of performing the incredibly simple job of finding the answer to their own question for themselves, instead of expecting other people to do the work for them.
That's both entitled and ignorant.
Our species has produced some great minds & yet we end up with that. Entitled ignorance. Great.
I don't see any reason for me to feel happy about that scenario.
But thanks for your wonderfully thought out response. I'm sure it made you feel like a champ.
I have no more doubts, you are the product of a great mind that managed to unseat my title as champion. I'm glad to put the belt back on you.

Reactions: uhhhok

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Oh man if you are following this thread for a longer period of time, you would know that it is forbidden here to ask when the update is going to be released. The thread has a couple of white knights who make sure to degrade anyone who asks that question and start calling them names (lazy, not that bright etc.) as you can see under your comment. That is to me worse than if someone asks a simple question. But i guess i do not have a PhD like they do, so what do i know.
Highly recommend using the ignore feature liberally in this thread for that very reason. Its the only way to make this thread bearable to sift through.

Multiple people replying with a paragraph(s) to one person asking a one sentence, "is it dead?" post is infinitely more annoying than the inverse. Absolutely pointless.

Reactions: Bolero and uhhhok
Aug 14, 2021
Highly recommend using the ignore feature liberally in this thread for that very reason. Its the only way to make this thread bearable to sift through.

Multiple people replying with a paragraph(s) to one person asking a one sentence, "is it dead?" post is infinitely more annoying than the inverse. Absolutely pointless.
You do realize to come into a thread that is one of the most active threads in f95zone and ask if a game, that has not even gotten the "abandon" tag, is dead or not is either not able to think simply or a total troll. Cause asking if a game like this is dead or not has zero logic to it. No abandon tag and the dev talks to us and updates his patreons. So logical it is simple stupid to ask such a dumb question. Especially when you see a few times a week.

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
You do realize to come into a thread that is one of the most active threads in f95zone and ask if a game, that has not even gotten the "abandon" tag, is dead or not is either not able to think simply or a total troll. Cause asking if a game like this is dead or not has zero logic to it. No abandon tag and the dev talks to us and updates his patreons. So logical it is simple stupid to ask such a dumb question. Especially when you see a few times a week.
You do realize last updated on the 1st post shows no update for almost 10 months and that asking when the next update is due for someone seeing the game in the latest reply list and curious may just not be a troll and a simple "fuck knows" is more likely to attract a fan and even a Patreon.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
You do realize last updated on the 1st post shows no update for almost 10 months and that asking when the next update is due for someone seeing the game in the latest reply list and curious may just not be a troll and a simple "fuck knows" is more likely to attract a fan and even a Patreon.
(this is supposed to be read on a neutral tone)
They were most likelly not talking about people asking for updates though, also those can use the search function wich is really usefull, they were talking about the "this game dead?" type comments wich is stupid since the game does not have the "abandoned" tag that isn't even something the dev's put but the forum.

With all of that said yes sometimes people go a little overboard when aswearing people asking for updates but I can understand why since I have 100 replies per page and tend to see a lot of the same question on the same page.

Also there really isn't an excuse for not doing your do diligence and learning how the forum works before even commenting, it was what I did, I explored it a little bit and that way was able to avoid doing most of the anoying stuff around, unless of course I did it on purpose, just put 100 replies per page, use f3(or search function on your cel), and the search function built into the site and most of this "conversation" isn't an issue.edit: also in the configs you can put so the search results will be either by relevance or date and I recomend date cause it makes easier to find newer info

Last edited:

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
To check if a game is abandoned - check tags and the latest replies. Active threads rarely have a game abandoned without the staff knowing about it. This is rather logical.

To check any news about the game progress and release date - search and read the latest replies. Some games do not have someone posting dev posts etc. and after searching and reading it is okay to ask. This is not the case with this thread, as all my posts have been shared so far. Even the free posts are being shared. Asking shows lack of effort.

This is all normal forum behavior to not derail a discussion thread with constant repeat of the same questions. People are not white knighting or any other derogatory terms used simply because they explain this to people.

I don't understand why people are trying to argue against something like this, which has been common in every forum and threads since forever.

Sep 3, 2020
To check if a game is abandoned - check tags and the latest replies. Active threads rarely have a game abandoned without the staff knowing about it. This is rather logical.

To check any news about the game progress and release date - search and read the latest replies. Some games do not have someone posting dev posts etc. and after searching and reading it is okay to ask. This is not the case with this thread, as all my posts have been shared so far. Even the free posts are being shared. Asking shows lack of effort.

This is all normal forum behavior to not derail a discussion thread with constant repeat of the same questions. People are not white knighting or any other derogatory terms used simply because they explain this to people.

I don't understand why people are trying to argue against something like this, which has been common in every forum and threads since forever.
well to be fair my Lord I has a reading disability and I didn't know how to search for update until somebody pointed it out today

so maybe it's the same with them

again forgive my insolence, your grace

but more importantly, how are you feeling

Reactions: Homemade

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
well to be fair my Lord I has a reading disability and I didn't know how to search for update until somebody pointed it out today

so maybe it's the same with them
Even still, it's the way they choose to frame their question which gives away their intent.
Asking if there is any news on the next update is a genuine question & will be met with genuine responses.
Asking if the game is abandoned, when it's clearly, obviously not, is not a genuine question & will be met with the mockery it deserves.

Sep 3, 2020
Even still, it's the way they choose to frame their question which gives away their intent.
Asking if there is any news on the next update is a genuine question & will be met with genuine responses.
Asking if the game is abandoned, when it's clearly, obviously not, is not a genuine question & will be met with the mockery it deserves.
oh I didn't know that

I didn't know people were being assholes
fair enough

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes