bmle

Feb 21, 2018
The update will not be 3 to 4 hours of gameplay. Honestly, it will be a normal-sized update.
Until I work on this full time, expect the unexpected in the development.
We're getting closer to the time I can work on this full time, but that depends on how it all goes with steam release and other stuff behind the curtains.
But until then, the fact of the development process will not change. I know that will disappoint a lot of people, and I of course hate to disappoint the actual players of the game. But alas, this is life.
But updates will be quicker in the future, no matter full work or not.
hey,
i saw that the game was taking a bit too long and decided to take a look at the comments
i see that you had a surgery and then covid. i hope you are doing fine man
your health is way more important than this, also you can just ignore all the people complaining here.. they are literally playing for free so they should be happy for that rather than complaining

FredAbfall

Dec 20, 2018
I have downloaded the 0.07.2-pc version here.
I went to Wilfried to ask for work. There is one mission available at the beginning, which is "Nimble Fingers". At the right side of the screen are some buttons to navigate and to trigger some actions. Unfortunately, there is no text available for these buttons (see attached screen shot). Did anybody observe the same behaviour? Does anybody know a fix for this problem?

MissingButtons.jpg

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I went to Wilfried to ask for work. There is one mission available at the beginning, which is "Nimble Fingers". At the right side of the screen are some buttons to navigate and to trigger some actions. Unfortunately, there is no text available for these buttons (see attached screen shot). Did anybody observe the same behaviour? Does anybody know a fix for this problem?

View attachment 1665969
Try using WASD for the directions on your keyboard.
There's two ways to control MC's movements in Contracts, one is the buttons on the right (underneath the minimap) that you're referring to, and the other is WASD on the keyboard.

In fact I actually prefer the WASD keys since I find it more faster (especially if I repeat contracts to grind for better items or gain more money) to input in playthroughs.

FredAbfall

Dec 20, 2018
Okay, thank you. That's already a good hint. But there are also this two bigger buttons. What is about these ones? What do they stand for?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Okay, thank you. That's already a good hint. But there are also this two bigger buttons. What is about these ones? What do they stand for?
Snap 2022-02-22 at 07.18.34.png

"Interact" & "Explore" functions.
In certain sections or rooms in these contracts there may be items (such as hidden renders) or clues that are present which unlock certain different endings for contracts.

So if it is your first time doing contracts, make sure to use these two functions whenever it is relevant (MC may say something along the lines of "I feel something" or "Perhaps I can explore" etc , for me I just went through every nooks and crannies, heh).

Or if you don't want to do that you can just use the Contracts walkthrough that was done by whichone which is linked in the OP.
Totally up to you.

Reactions: Cartageno

FredAbfall

Dec 20, 2018

View attachment 1665969
The problem is related to the language settings. Parts of the dialogs have been available in my mother tongue, some of them have been in English. The text was missing completely for all of the buttons in the mission menue.

After switching the language to English, the text is available at the buttons.

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
Troll tag is reality...
Come on man, he's obviously not a troll. Just a human being having no values, trouble understanding what's around him let alone process it. Can only ever assume things...which are shit. The pathetic one if you will. He can be helped, but he doesn't want to be helped. It's sad...for him, really, and that is the reality. Don't pity him, it's wasted. I tossed away that post ages ago.

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
It still hadn't been updated? In almost a year? Imao

And I thought Ocean takes long with his work.
OceanLabs did that to himself. He had a great story and decided to rework it anyway along with starting another project. As a result, I'm not going to bother playing Where It All Began again until it's complete.

As to this game? I'm not a patreon so I have no idea where it's at in the development cycle. This does illustrate why I generally don't sub games in-progress. I do one-time donations when complete.

Aug 14, 2021
It still hadn't been updated? In almost a year? Imao

And I thought Ocean takes long with his work.
Dude you are either a troll or one who neither knows how to get information nor actually logically thinks. Either try to find out what the hell is going with dev, which is easy as pie, or just ask instead laughing like self centered prick. He was planning on this coming update being the season finale. Which is why it had been taken so long. Then got covid. Also since the first season is about finished he is trying figure out in what form the game will be in steam. Also this is not his job, but his hobby. Once he gets the game on steam he will be a full time dev. So stop shitting your britches. When it comes to Ocean...Do you mean Oceanlab? Oceanlab has two games to work on and one them was remade. So yeah... You are shitting your britches to much and comparing apples to oranges.

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
I just want to say (and sorry for my bad english) that i love you all. You are an amazing community that really support the devs and value their hard work.

I feel really lucky to be able to play this amazing game. Its in my top 5 fav VN. Im proud of this community and mods, so i wanted to say thank you all for every supportive word you write here every day.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes