whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I really appreciate your post with all the info (i was expecting some search in the comments but you made it really easy).
Pleasure mate. (y)
One update (which had no real content) per year. How can someone follow this dev? holy shit.
As it's provided for free on this site, I don't think anyone complaining here is going to affect the speed which it gets released at.
Obviously the Patrons don't mind waiting.
So the people who pay are happy to wait with patience, but the pirates who get it for free are the ones who complain about needing to wait. :unsure:
Yeah, that makes perfect sense. :WeSmart:

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021
One update (which had no real content) per year. How can someone follow this dev? holy shit.
The last update was mostly overhauling code. Devs have to do that every now and then. The update had more content than what we normally get with the code being overhauled. Also this game is his hobby not his job. He even answers questions here. Most devs do not. People who do not understand this are either trolls or are not normally hear in thread.

Aug 14, 2021
Update your fucking game, my god.
If you are a troll get a life. If you are serious. Get a life. You aint paying for it. Hopes is very vocal in this thread and has been updating his patrons on how the update is going. He even caught covid. You should not demand someone update a game you are getting for free when even a patron had come in and threw words of support towards Hopes. You also have no clue what he does and does not do. Intitlement issues only make you sadder. Get rid of that cancer.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Is there a reason why the game haven't been updated since April of last year? There's no onhold tag so I'm wondering :unsure:... Because of Covid?

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Is there a reason why the game haven't been updated since April of last year? There's no onhold tag so I'm wondering :unsure:
Dev is doing this as a hobby. Also this shall be the end serious waiting for any "This is the end" trolls now of the first episode. The next update mark the beginning of the next update. Also dev was recently sick with covid. He have recovered, but had an impact on the time he spend on the game.
And last, but not least, the "on hold" tag is not given because a dev don't post an update. It is given because either the dev declare the game is on hold or after, I think, 3 months of radio silence from the dev and neither happend her - same for abandonded.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Is there a reason why the game haven't been updated since April of last year? There's no onhold tag so I'm wondering :unsure:... Because of Covid?
c3p0 put it nicely. Just to add a little bit to what he said. Despite what some people may mistakenly believe, the dev (HopesGaming) actually has a main job and what he gets from this game is not his main source of income. He's not a fulltime dev (like for e.g. PinkCake is for BaDik iirc) and does this as a hobby/passion project on the side (that's the situation with a lot of the devs on this site. There are some who are full time devs yes, but a lot more are part-timers).

Also, there were two things.
One, Hopes had a minor surgery which was around late October 2021, and he couldn't get back into work during early November due to the pain. Then as c3p0 said, he got Covid in early this month. He's mostly better now, but it impacted his work speed.
Two, the coming update is supposed to be "Season 1 finale", so there will be more content than usual.
I think during the update's development, Hopes put in an extra lewd event for Gracie if I'm not mistaken.

I'm no expert on term definition on this site, but if I'm not mistaken "Onhold" only applies when the dev him/herself announces their game will be put onhold officially either on their patreon/subscribestar etc.
It does not apply to games that are in active development (even though there may or may not be a long wait between releases).

Aug 14, 2021
One update per year. This update better be at least 2 hours of gameplay.
You do not read this thread do yeah? He decided after the last update that next would be a major update and then he got covid. Also it is not like this is his job. Secondly why are you acting like you are entitled to an update on a game that not only you do not pay for, but also a game done as a hobby?

maxxlim

Mar 14, 2021
You do not read this thread do yeah? He decided after the last update that next would be a major update and then he got covid. Also it is not like this is his job. Secondly why are you acting like you are entitled to an update on a game that not only you do not pay for, but also a game done as a hobby?
DPC had covid too. No problem, 2-3 huge huge updates per year. How do you know I am not a patreon???

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
DPC had covid too. No problem, 2-3 huge huge updates per year. How do you know I am not a patreon???
Just in general: Having Covid isn't the same as having Covid, as with any other ailment. I have friends who were tested positive but didn't feel a thing, one friend of mine however is still trying to recover more than one year later and moving around in his house is taxing enough.

And it is easy to guess that you're not a Patreon since you seem to be lacking a lot of info that a Patreon would have.

akiostein

Aug 9, 2021
best and best. Even though the update is a little long, I'm still patiently waiting. and I hope this game is not finished too soon. I hope there are more stories because this will be more beautiful like reading a novel. Good game.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
DPC is a full-time dev, and iirc has been for quite a while now.
HopesGaming (or Hopes in short), is not. As I already said in the post above your post, he develops this game as a hobby (and has an actual job).

Of course, the output between a full-time dev and a part-time dev would be clearly different.
Comparing the two of them shows your lack of understanding of each of their situations.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
I think you mean 2 if you're lucky with DrPinkCake. His updates take 5-7 months plus usually. This next one will actually be a fairly quick turnaround for him, but not supposed to be as large as his usual updates. Not complaining about DPC mind you, I love Being a Dik as well as this game. But not really an accurate comparison. I'm certain DPC makes more than 99% of all developers on here, and I'm sure he has an incredible set up at this point making it easier. Not to mention the difference between part time and full time, or that Covid effects people differently. It's been said.

If you are a supporter on patreon..

65400875.jpg

Wahahaha

Last edited:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
First of all, DPC hasn't been on a 3 updates per year pace for a quite a long while now.

Secondly, do you honestly think it's a fair comparison between a full-time dev (DPC), whose job is to develop a game and his livelihood is dependent on it, and a part time hobbyist dev (Hopes), who has a real life full time job to pay the bills, and the game is just something he does in his own spare time?

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes