Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
p.s. @Gorse, just to let you know, in the future I might request to you directly for a fan sig work with "The Four Serpents" (something very similar to the three Warrior Sisters group fan sig you did for A Fathers Sins, panning out, but in noir style). Only reason why I'm saying it as "future" is because out of the four, two of the Serpents haven't been introduced in the game yet! :LOL:
Yeah, feel free to contact me then - I'm always game for future-oriented stuff (if not too prophetic ;))!
And thanks for the appreciation, JJJ84!

• Red Heart
Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Best way to show it is to show you one of the Families that I've written the lore for.
This is the non proofread and one of the character may have a name change actually.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is one of the longer lores. Some other Families lore sections can be shorter.
It is not always the same style of lore either. Some have a bigger details on past events while others it is mostly focused on the family itself.

Goal is to make the Families feel alive with their background and it makes it feels a bit more unique when we then get to meet, for example, Eleonora Melfi or any of the other current Melfi members.
Sometimes we also get to meet some of the older generation members that only people that really likes to read the lore will be like "wait isn't that..."

I feel like this is a good medium for time versus efficiency style of lore.
Wow. That was awesome to read. Thanks for sharing!
And you're right. The synergy after reading the lore section and meeting these characters in-game would be great.

I remember you saying before that "The Big War (which changed the system)" will have its own dedicated section within the Lore book, so I'm guessing it will explain why, and how it all happened and concluded?

Will there be any other events that are big that will have its own dedicated section like The Big War?
(just a simple Yes or No would be fine. Wouldn't want ya to give away everything now, would we? hehe)

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Wow. That was awesome to read. Thanks for sharing!
And you're right. The synergy after reading the lore section and meeting these characters in-game would be great.

I remember you saying before that "The Big War (which changed the system)" will have its own dedicated section within the Lore book, so I'm guessing it will explain why, and how it all happened and concluded?

Will there be any other events that are big that will have its own dedicated section like The Big War?
(just a simple Yes or No would be fine. Wouldn't want ya to give away everything now, would we? hehe)
There is no lore written down for that. No plan for that just yet.
Right now it's only the Family lore section

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
With Luna being my favorite character, I really loved the fanart by Dumitas & really wanted a fan sig of that.
So I made a request, and the 2 masters in art Lady Aspen & Gorse took that request on and produced wonderful looking fan sigs.

Thought it was only fair that they get shared around:

1) Luna sig version by Lady Aspen (she's done lovely fan sigs for so many games, a true veteran & a master, and needs no introduction!):

View attachment 1760834

Link:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/04/1783359_TDF-00.gif

2) Luna sig version by Gorse (I've only recently gotten to know his work through the game A Father's Sins [my other Tilly fansig I have is his work], but the dude's insanely talented! And this Luna sig is no exception!)

View attachment 1760859

Link:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/04/1783558_DeLucaFamily-GIF-SigRQ.gif

p.s. Gorse, just to let you know, in the future I might request to you directly for a fan sig work with "The Four Serpents" (something very similar to the three Warrior Sisters group fan sig you did for A Fathers Sins, panning out, but in noir style). Only reason why I'm saying it as "future" is because out of the four, two of the Serpents haven't been introduced in the game yet! :LOL:
Man, that was awesome!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hm.
I look forward to a bit about the Melfi Family. Some members from the Tradimano Family.

Season 2 I will probably want to start with a bit more exposure on the big fives meetings and also their off springs.
In the end the new era is not going to be paved by the old generation but the young ones. So having them all meet at once to give an idea who Mc's future alliances and enemies (and frenmies) are going to be.

Rina arc is more a sideevent. Something that will run beside some main arc stories.
Dunno if kaskar is side or main yet. Like a dedicated arc.
Looking forward to how the new season begins!

3 more questions:

1) From the old Big 5, The Caron Family, The Milano Family, The Scialdone Family are no more.
But any chance we could have Eiza situation with these "gone" Families (i.e. Family is technically termed as gone, but not extinct; like Eiza & Fina are surviving members of Carnefice Family), or is it less likely i.e. Eiza is one of those rare cases?

2) MC is new at this so with introduction of other Big Fives offsprings, they will either becomes new allies/enemies/frenemies etc. But in Luna's case, she's been at this a lot longer. Does she already have confirmed pre-existing allies (well okay, perhaps not allies, but ones who she tolerates I guess lol) /enemies etc with any of the other Families' offsprings?

And what about Gracie? With her now likely to work for the Family with v0.08, is she in same boat as MC and get her own allies/enemies/frenemies list?

3) Is the change of main menu image with season 2 still in the cards (I asked this before, and your response then was it's not a bad idea at all, 'to change main menu image with every season')?

Reactions: Thrill'n Flares

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
1) From the old Big 5, The Caron Family, The Milano Family, The Scialdone Family are no more.
But any chance we could have Eiza situation with these "gone" Families (i.e. Family is technically termed as gone, but not extinct; like Eiza & Fina are surviving members of Carnefice Family), or is it less likely i.e. Eiza is one of those rare cases?
Being out of the top 5 does not mean they're gone. Doesn't mean they are not either.
They will all have a role in someway.

2) MC is new at this so with introduction of other Big Fives offsprings, they will either becomes new allies/enemies/frenemies etc. But in Luna's case, she's been at this a lot longer. Does she already have confirmed pre-existing allies (well okay, perhaps not allies, but ones who she tolerates I guess lol) /enemies etc with any of the other Families' offsprings?
Yeah she already has those she likes and chat with and those she dislikes. Most top families youngsters know each other.
Gracie will have a different path than MC regarding this matter.

3) Is the change of main menu image with season 2 still in the cards (I asked this before, and your response then was it's not a bad idea at all, 'to change main menu image with every season')?
That's still something I'm planning on yes.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Best way to show it is to show you one of the Families that I've written the lore for.
This is the non proofread and one of the character may have a name change actually.

This is one of the longer lores. Some other Families lore sections can be shorter.
It is not always the same style of lore either. Some have a bigger details on past events while others it is mostly focused on the family itself.

Goal is to make the Families feel alive with their background and it makes it feels a bit more unique when we then get to meet, for example, Eleonora Melfi or any of the other current Melfi members.
Sometimes we also get to meet some of the older generation members that only people that really likes to read the lore will be like "wait isn't that..."

I feel like this is a good medium for time versus efficiency style of lore.
Oh wow.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: c3p0

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Oh wow.

I noticed those too but I opted to not point them out because this is his first draft he happened to share with us.
As he said above, it's not proofread yet, and he'll likely go over it with his proofreader couple of times, editing, polishing it until the final version on release.

Seems like you're going deep into the spoiler territory (naughty, naughty! hehe).
I wouldn't be surprised even if Hopes answers to both your questions with "Perhaps" or "Maybe" like he does with some of my questions that tended to be spoilery.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Oh wow.

Nice spot. The names even confuses me, hehe.

Luna was taken around the same time as Eleonora.
But there were many kids taken. Luna and her bunch was just one small group of many. Eleonora and her brother was in another group.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

But there were many kids taken. Luna and her bunch was just one small group of many. Eleonora and her brother was in another group.
1) So are Cordia and Eleonora the only Donnas in this DeLuca universe?

You said before that female Family members not being able to lead the Family was part of what led Cordia to get in the Big War to change the whole system, so I'm guessing noone else (despite Cordia's efforts)?

2) In the traditional old system (before the Big War), if the Don (who has no brothers and is the only child) had only daughters as offsprings, how did the line of succession go for that old system?

Did the daughters get married to another Family and the husband become the new Don of his Wife's Family? Or was there another way (like Straffan for Fazio or perhaps even male cousin?)?

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017

You said before that female Family members not being able to lead the Family was part of what led Cordia to get in the Big War to change the whole system, so I'm guessing noone else (despite Cordia's efforts)?

2) In the traditional old system (before the Big War), if the Don (who has no brothers and is the only child) had only daughters as offsprings, how did the line of succession go for that old system?

Did the daughters get married to another Family and the husband become the new Don of his Wife's Family? Or was there another way?
1. Officer, I will neither affirm nor deny this!
Tho, donnas are very rare as the new system really isn't that old.

2. Different families had different ways.
But in your example, then it would usually go to the sons of the eldest daughter. With the consiguluere doing the most until he is of age.
Honestly, just think of any monarch system, and it would be very much like that.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017

Did the daughters get married to another Family and the husband become the new Don of his Wife's Family? Or was there another way (like Straffan for Fazio or perhaps even male cousin?)?
And a quick note. Eloanora is a temporary donna due to her father and mother still being alive just not able to control the family due to injury.
She was, like Jalen, not part of the family business for most of her life and only came back recently. (Bit like godfathers story heh. Don't sue me.)
She is only a few years older than Luna. She very young and looked down upon by not only the mafia world but even to her own Family as they do not really know her. But that is another story.

Just a wild and totally stupid idea - what if Canis is the bastard son of one of the Family heads?
I like how you think!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
And a quick note. Eloanora is a temporary donna due to her father and mother still being alive just not able to control the family due to injury.
She was, like Jalen, not part of the family business for most of her life and only came back recently. (Bit like godfathers story heh. Don't sue me.)
She is only a few years older than Luna. She very young and looked down upon by not only the mafia world but even to her own Family as they do not really know her. But that is another story.
Oh....... interesting.
Makes me wonder if she has potential to be one of side-girl LIs like Siobhan is for Ombra Family.

But I'll let my imagination run wild, so you can keep those cards close to your chest (for the moment!) :whistle: ;)

I like how you think!
Any chance Floaty getting some sort of recognition as well? Or will he always be that unsung hero? :ROFLMAO:

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017

Eloanora is a temporary donna due to her father and mother still being alive just not able to control the family due to injury.
So....Eleonora is a temporary Donna of one of the "Big Five". My question is how long has she been a Donna?

Because....

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes