c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Lastly, the real reason for the prolonged update time is that I add one minute to the release date every time someone asks about the release date.
At least you don't let a character from the Delucas universe die each time someone ask about it.:ROFLMAO:

:unsure::sneaky:

When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update?
:devilish::poop:

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
At least you don't let a character from the Delucas universe die each time someone ask about it.:ROFLMAO:

When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update? When is next update?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

I'm surprised you didn't turn it into a wall of text. You're losing your touch man :LUL: but even so:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

captcha69

Apr 12, 2021
You're adding too many assumptions.
The way it works is that if patrons feels like it takes too long, they'll stop supporting. And once the updates gets released in a good pace, they may decide to support again (or not). Patrons are not mindless bots. They're humans with their own thoughts.

The way you're phasing it makes it sounds like I am acting in a malicious way and hiding that it takes a long time.
I've made it very clear in the front page of my Patreon that this is a hobby, and the time can take a long time depending on many factors, and I've never hidden this fact.
Some people accept it and others does not. I do not force anyone to support nor lie about the situation.

Again, I know that the time hasn't been great, but what is important is that I am honest and communicate that with both the players and the patrons.
what i did was separate patrons in two, those who trust and those who dont, and try to put myself in their shoes, for those who trust u, they do it cause they want to believe in ur word, right? or why would u assume they do it? cause they also dont know "all the pieces of the puzzle" right? they just know the pieces that u tell them, and then they have to trust u, again this is all about believing in others, and yes its sounds very sinical, but it is how it is, is not an "assumption of malice" is the way patron works, ur word is ur trademark in patron. As for those who no longer trust... well, is not like "there are not scammers in patreon" is a true sentence, right? so they have to look up for themself, wich is ok, again, even if u have explained that it could take longer etc, is for ur patreons to believe in ur word or not, like u say "they are not mindless bots" and those who stop supporting u, do it cause they need proof to believe in ur word, but this is my opinion, i wasnt saying any of that as a fact, didnt call u a liar or that u act in malicious ways. U could be or not, is not like u are a saint, right? i dont remember seeing u in any pantheon, so i assume u arent... pls dont smite me, jk.

Of course there is a lot more reason as for why patrons stop supporting, but for this case i did made the assumption that most of the people who quit, quit because of the delay, and like i say, i try to put myself in their shoes, and understand their reason, but only them know, i was just trying to understand it myself and sharing it.

pd: didnt like that, pls dont handle ur own work as a joke, that is, if u were being serious with the whole "add 1 min every time people ask" if not, u can just ignore this.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020
The first thing I write is that it is impossible to give an estimation on, as this is my hobby.
Under 3-4 months is what I wanted and is what I'm aiming for.

I also clearly write that I have had updates taken a lot more, which indicate that an update can take a lot longer than 3-4 months.
Do note that this was written back when the updates still had the normal update rates of 3-4 months if I remember right.
I tried to prepare people on the possibility of taking a long time even before it really happened.

The current long update times are not what is planned for the future. I've mentioned many times that I aim to change the style to shorter update cycle with shorter content in the next updates.

Lastly, the real reason for the prolonged update time is that I add one minute to the release date every time someone asks about the release date.
Lord hope I actually have a question in the future will there be an in-game guide

or some kind of help system

for all the contracts

so you don't have to look for walkthroughs or randomly click on the screen trying to figure out what to do next

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Rovenant and JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Lord hope I actually have a question in the future will there be an in-game guide

or some kind of help system

for all the contracts

so you don't have to look for walkthroughs or randomly click on the screen trying to figure out what to do next
Hopes did say there will be a tutorial contract that will serve as a "Beginners contract" that people will be able to go through before the "Nimble Fingers" contract.

Bit of mixed feelings about actual in-game contracts guide suggestion tbh:

1) Personally, I didn't find the contracts to be that difficult (granted, this is just personal opinion, experience may vary depending on each individual), so while I thought first one or two tries did take getting used to, with more repetitions (mild grind in order to gain the best equipment) I found myself pretty much easing into it.

2) I like the idea of the game not specifically telling me what I should do regarding contracts (no hand-holding), and it gives the freedom for exploration.
With the current existing contracts, I found myself exploring every nooks and crannies of all rooms, checking to see if I missed anything. Doing that, and finding something by surprise was kinda fun.

Having said that, I also do understand some may have struggled with contracts. So if HopesGaming ever decides to implement an in-game Contracts guide, I'd say have it as an option in the settings where the user can toggle the guide on or off depending on their preference.

But there is also a question whether such guide can even be implemented without much affecting the game's code (where everyone would need to start over......again).
If that's the case (where the in-game guide being put in will force everyone to start over), I'd prefer it to not happen (cause we already restarted once already with v0.07 gameplay mechanics being brought in, and it's just way too soon for another restart to happen).

Den187

Jun 27, 2017
When I don't visit this thread few months and just saw release date:
-Great, new update is out! Oh, it's 2021-04-23... :)

• Haha
Reactions: Bjmio
Sep 3, 2020
Hopes did say there will be a tutorial contract that will serve as a "Beginners contract" that people will be able to go through before the "Nimble Fingers" contract.

1) Personally, I didn't find the contracts to be that difficult (granted, this is just personal opinion, experience may vary depending on each individual), so while I thought first one or two tries did take getting used to, with more repetitions (mild grind in order to gain the best equipment) I found myself pretty much easing into it.

2) I like the idea of the game not specifically telling me what I should do regarding contracts (no hand-holding), and it gives the freedom for exploration.
With the current existing contracts, I found myself exploring every nooks and crannies of all rooms, checking to see if I missed anything. Doing that, and finding something by surprise was kinda fun.

Having said that, I also do understand some may have struggled with contracts. So if HopesGaming ever decides to implement an in-game Contracts guide, I'd say have it as an option in the settings where the user can toggle the guide on or off depending on their preference.

But there is also a question whether such guide can even be implemented without much affecting the game's code (where everyone would need to start over......again).
If that's the case (where the in-game guide being put in will force everyone to start over), I'd prefer it to not happen (cause we already restarted once already with v0.07 gameplay mechanics being brought in, and it's just way too soon for another restart to happen).

yeah I think I figure out a solution to it tell me what you think you can go on your laptop and spend money and buy guides or map

it will be like drawings or walkthroughs like what we have now telling you what to do

I think what made some of the contracts hard to get the 100% was that you had to talk to a certain person before you talk to others and couldn't figure that out

I know Mobsters use guns but am i the only one who wants a katana

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
yeah I think I figure out a solution to it tell me what you think you can go on your laptop and spend money and buy guides or map

it will be like drawings or walkthroughs like what we have now telling you what to do

I think what made some of the contracts hard to get the 100% was that you had to talk to a certain person before you talk to others and couldn't figure that out

I know Mobsters use guns but am i the only one who wants a katana
Hmmmm...... while adding items for purchase I'd imagine wouldn't be a big problem, the main issue I see is the fact how that will impact when playing through the contract itself.
Because you'll need this map and walkthrough implemented when actually going through the contracts, right (since you don't wish to go back and forth looking at a separate walkthrough document file or other walkthroughs and playing the contracts themselves), as in-game guide?

That will no doubt impact the code, but how much will it actually impact it?
Much to force a restart? Or just minimal impact?

I think that question, only Hopes and his coder for the contracts can answer.

And yes, Katana would be pretty dope, ha

Last edited:

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021

I dont know if a tutorial is needed. The system is unusual and the other VN i know dont use anything similar (maybe the rpg kind), so a tutorial will always help new players (specially if they arent used to this).

It will be usefull to have a reports system where you can read the info that you (the MC) learned in the contract. And if you do the contract again but you take another path and learn more the report adds the new info. It even can be used to resume the info you gather across the story.

Its just an idea, so im not really trying to say we need another system or a change. But I always suffer when i need to replay again every time because i cant remember more than 80% of all the info (and you never know when some thing you saw or read was crucial).

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Hmmmm...... while adding items for purchase I'd imagine wouldn't be a big problem, the main issue I see is the fact how that will impact when playing through the contract itself.
Because you'll need this map and walkthrough implemented when actually going through the contracts, right (since you don't wish to go back and forth looking at a separate walkthrough document file or other walkthroughs and playing the contracts themselves), as in-game guide?

That will no doubt impact the code, but how much will it actually impact it?
Much to force a restart? Or just minimal impact?

I think that question, only Hopes and his coder for the contracts can answer.

And yes, Katana would be pretty dope, ha
When I was doing the contract where you went to find a little girl (i dont want to give spoilers to anyone who reads) the descrpitions were awesome but you had limited time so if you needed to go back it was hard to remember every place you saw. The map helps (the one in the game so far) to remember if you already took a path, but if not its hard to remember (when, like in the example, you are in the middle of the plot and in time consuming event).

And when you go with Luna to the valley with the tree (i cant remember more than the image) you dont know where you are, or when you go to the park its the same. Probably a map to understand how far are the places where you go will be a good idea.

In the event at the abandone house where you are grounded with the girls, it can make a lot of sense if you see in a map that is far away, or areas colored that shows the alliances in blue and enemy in red to understand the relations with the other families (specially if the game change some of them).

Reactions: Paco Loco and JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
When I was doing the contract where you went to find a little girl (i dont want to give spoilers to anyone who reads) the descrpitions were awesome but you had limited time so if you needed to go back it was hard to remember every place you saw. The map helps (the one in the game so far) to remember if you already took a path, but if not its hard to remember (when, like in the example, you are in the middle of the plot and in time consuming event).

And when you go with Luna to the valley with the tree (i cant remember more than the image) you dont know where you are, or when you go to the park its the same. Probably a map to understand how far are the places where you go will be a good idea.

In the event at the abandone house where you are grounded with the girls, it can make a lot of sense if you see in a map that is far away, or areas colored that shows the alliances in blue and enemy in red to understand the relations with the other families (specially if the game change some of them).
Hmmmm....... regarding the contract to save Eiza's sister Fina "What is truly weak is truly strong" (you shouldn't mind about spoilers so much, since it's been a year since v0.07 came out), I think the timer actually does give the player plenty of time to explore every room unless the player does massive backtracking.

There was enough time for me MC to find the hidden render in the secret room, get into those non-rendered convos with Caterina and Amata, and not to mention pick up all those Ombra Soldato uniforms.

And the contracts themselves, you gotta complete in one sitting anyway (since there are no saves possible during contracts).
Given that contracts maps are pretty straight forward, I'm not so certain we're in need of a map in-game guide (yet), unless the contracts maps get more and more complex (like a spider-web of maze that basically makes my head spin) with future contracts.

Regarding actual map of Lucania (and outside Lucania), following is not in the game yet, but Hopes did reveal it in one of his dev post when he announced gameplay changes for v0.07.
It does contain several of the places you've mentioned (such as Musala Hills where MC and Luna goes due to Luna's business with TJ the gunsmith).
Perhaps this map can be included when Hopes implements his lore section:

788998_1597554264743.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Rovenant

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I dont know if a tutorial is needed. The system is unusual and the other VN i know dont use anything similar (maybe the rpg kind), so a tutorial will always help new players (specially if they arent used to this).

It will be usefull to have a reports system where you can read the info that you (the MC) learned in the contract. And if you do the contract again but you take another path and learn more the report adds the new info. It even can be used to resume the info you gather across the story.

Its just an idea, so im not really trying to say we need another system or a change. But I always suffer when i need to replay again every time because i cant remember more than 80% of all the info (and you never know when some thing you saw or read was crucial).
I think for most people who played through and finished v0.07, tutorial is not needed. They get the gist of how the contracts gameplay should go, and even if they weren't initially used to it, they find themselves being familiar with it with more repetition.

Though I guess it could be helpful to those who are first starting out the game, as well as those who are coming back to the game after long absence to do the tutorial as a refresher course (if they forgot).

But I think biggest reason I want the tutorial is because of lore.

That "Town Time" event with Gracie & Isabel's "Blizzard Princess" event both heavily imply that MC worked on his contract in Gina's tavern, as well as was training under the retired Capo Vincent (that Vincent knows our MC's fooling around enough lol).

I'd love to see this tutorial contract connect with those references in "Town Time" and "Blizzard Princess" events with Vincent giving instructions and yelling at our poor MC :ROFLMAO:

• Love
  • Red Heart
Reactions: c3p0 and Rovenant

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I hate to break this to you, if you find that simple map hard to track and remember, you may have a bigger problem with memory. Besides, there's this little technology called "pen and paper" to help if you really can't remember.

I'm not sure if a map in either one of these would help anything as their specific location relative to the town is basically irrelevant in those stories.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I have never noticed until now that the money missions can be mapped onto this town map.
It's from one of Hopes old dev posts (from late 2020, iirc?).
Basically a lot of places are mapped out.

But there are also some that aren't; for example that fountain like place where MC and Isabel have a talk and fully reconcile in "Fly White Bird Fly."

I'd assume there will be more, and it's gonna be too much to try to map out every single place (though not gonna lie, it would be pretty nice)

Reactions: c3p0 and -L-L-MJ-
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes