captcha69

Apr 12, 2021
You know what I don't get? People acting like the game is his job and that real world stuff cant cause problems. Its makes me wonder though do the people who complain know what his day to day is? I seriously doubt it. It boggles the mind how people make assumptions with the lack of knowledge required. Time between updates is only one piece of the puzzle. When you don't have any other piece how do you even know what the puzzle looks like? That is like trying to tell a story, but you only know the beginning of the story.
i agree, u dont know the circusntance, ok, but for the same reason, some may reach the conclusion that is not worth keep supporting someone else hobby, some of u think that patreon is not a transaction, and it may not be a transaction in the normal sense of that word, but ur payment must come with a moral obligation from the dev, to deliver those updates, sure u dont own them anything, but they believe on ur work and is the decent thing to do, to give something back, patreon is, if not a transaction, a compromise " this is my work, if u support me, more will come" when u dont deliver after a couple months, then its fair for the people supporting u, to start making questions, how much is too much? lest say the dev leave and dont come back in 10 year, will u keep paying? there is people like u who, without any knowledge about all the pieces of the puzzle, like u say, decide to side with the dev and keep suporting him, and u have others that think that this is smelling like a scam and decide to leave. I dont see any problem with either of those, but again, how much is too much, if this goes for another year will u keep suporting¡? and if the answer is no, what make it diferent to drop the support after 4 months? time?

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
i agree, u dont know the circusntance, ok, but for the same reason, some may reach the conclusion that is not worth keep supporting someone else hobby, some of u think that patreon is not a transaction, and it may not be a transaction in the normal sense of that word, but ur payment must come with a moral obligation from the dev, to deliver those updates, sure u dont own them anything, but they believe on ur work and is the decent thing to do, to give something back, patreon is, if not a transaction, a compromise " this is my work, if u support me, more will come" when u dont deliver after a couple months, then its fair for the people supporting u, to start making questions, how much is too much? lest say the dev leave and dont come back in 10 year, will u keep paying? there is people like u who, without any knowledge about all the pieces of the puzzle, like u say, decide to side with the dev and keep suporting him, and u have others that think that this is smelling like a scam and decide to leave. I dont see any problem with either of those, but again, how much is too much, if this goes for another year will u keep suporting¡? and if the answer is no, what make it diferent to drop the support after 4 months? time?
You're adding too many assumptions.
The way it works is that if patrons feels like it takes too long, they'll stop supporting. And once the updates gets released in a good pace, they may decide to support again (or not). Patrons are not mindless bots. They're humans with their own thoughts.

The way you're phasing it makes it sounds like I am acting in a malicious way and hiding that it takes a long time.
I've made it very clear in the front page of my Patreon that this is a hobby, and the time can take a long time depending on many factors, and I've never hidden this fact.
Some people accept it and others does not. I do not force anyone to support nor lie about the situation.

Again, I know that the time hasn't been great, but what is important is that I am honest and communicate that with both the players and the patrons.

Sep 3, 2020
You're adding too many assumptions.
The way it works is that if patrons feels like it takes too long, they'll stop supporting. And once the updates gets released in a good pace, they may decide to support again (or not). Patrons are not mindless bots. They're humans with their own thoughts.

The way you're phasing it makes it sounds like I am acting in a malicious way and hiding that it takes a long time.
I've made it very clear in the front page of my Patreon that this is a hobby, and the time can take a long time depending on many factors, and I've never hidden this fact.
Some people accept it and others does not. I do not force anyone to support nor lie about the situation.

Again, I know that the time hasn't been great, but what is important is that I am honest and communicate that with both the players and the patrons.
HopesGaming

and don't forget there are also people like me who are too poor and don't even have a credit card and you still make the game free for people like me to enjoy

that's one of the reason I can't read because I was too poor to go to school

if you cared about money

you wouldn't care about people like me but you actually do care a lot

Aug 14, 2021
You are right in the sense that patrons do have the right to question, but to question and criticize AFTER you stop being a patron makes no sense. A patrons input is mostly (if not all of it) their money. And like Hopes says he is honest about the whole situation. No matter if its to his patrons or to us pirates. We have no justification other than to give him the benefit of the doubt especially since we neither know all the details nor do we give him money for his work on the game. He has stated many time this is a hobby. His patrons know their could be long wait times between updates cause of irl factors and the fact its a hobby and he has an actual job. I could go on, but like normal, Hopes has typed great detail the folly of your assumptions, but I will say this last thing. Why hyperbole? Who tf would wait 10 years for an update? Does anyone have any hope that half life 3 will come out? no? Then why the hyperbole? :ROFLMAO:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Do we do now write a wall of text and if so, then if it is one with actual sentence or are we only hanging them behind each others only separate with a lot of commas, but sure it doesn't make a difference, because at the end of the day a wall of text is a wall of text and nothing more and as a wall of text a lot, I myself included, will be annoyed at it, because if you would use some time and structure the text and not only hammering the letters into your keyboard, cause you just give a fuck about others and the difficulty to read a simple wall of text, without any full stop or paragraphs or anything at all, you could even, perhaps, simple switching language in the middle of the wall of text and ich denke, dass keiner dies merken würde, but for sure, that would be overstretching it, yet as an alternative you could even write something other completely irrelevant and useless, eg. the price of strawberries and the price for one kilo strawberries is around 3$ in the USA, such information, I think it, is completely irrelevant and useless, but possible that some other see this different, also I believe 11 lines of wall of text und, mostly, nichtsagender Inhalt, will annoy a lot of user and at the end they will, most likely, totally ignoring my post or set me on their ignore list or give me a facepalm...

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020
Do we do now write a wall of text and if so, then if it is one with actual sentence or are we only hanging them behind each others only separate with a lot of commas, but sure it doesn't make a difference, because at the end of the day a wall of text is a wall of text and nothing more and as a wall of text a lot, I myself included, will be annoyed at it, because if you would use some time and structure the text and not only hammering the letters into your keyboard, cause you just give a fuck about others and the difficulty to read a simple wall of text, without any full stop or paragraphs or anything at all, you could even, perhaps, simple switching language in the middle of the wall of text and ich denke, dass keiner dies merken würde, but for sure, that would be overstretching it, yet as an alternative you could even write something other completely irrelevant and useless, eg. the price of strawberries and the price for one kilo strawberries is around 3$ in the USA, such information, I think it, is completely irrelevant and useless, but possible that some other see this different, also I believe 11 lines of wall of text und, mostly, nichtsagen Inhalt, will annoy a lot of user and end either with totally ignoring my post or set me on their ignore list or give me a facepalm...
don't forget after Gracie's update we are supposed to get

faster updates not counting delays I say about 3 months I'm

really happy about that more than anything

if I remember correctly we are 2 updates away from Luna's update

and as you know the only girl I care about is Luna in my opinion

the other girls can go straight to hell

Sep 3, 2020
You can always send the other girls my way. Taking one for the team, you know.:sneaky: And will also take Luna of course, but Shush!:p:devilish::ROFLMAO:
have you forgotten who you're talking to brother I would rather die than be with anyone else besides Luna

HopesGaming

as leader of the Luna fan base lord hope is not

exactly pleased with you

he does not take kindly to treachery

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Do we do now write a wall of text and if so, then if it is one with actual sentence or are we only hanging them behind each others only separate with a lot of commas, but sure it doesn't make a difference, because at the end of the day a wall of text is a wall of text and nothing more and as a wall of text a lot, I myself included, will be annoyed at it, because if you would use some time and structure the text and not only hammering the letters into your keyboard, cause you just give a fuck about others and the difficulty to read a simple wall of text, without any full stop or paragraphs or anything at all, you could even, perhaps, simple switching language in the middle of the wall of text and ich denke, dass keiner dies merken würde, but for sure, that would be overstretching it, yet as an alternative you could even write something other completely irrelevant and useless, eg. the price of strawberries and the price for one kilo strawberries is around 3$ in the USA, such information, I think it, is completely irrelevant and useless, but possible that some other see this different, also I believe 11 lines of wall of text und, mostly, nichtsagen Inhalt, will annoy a lot of user and end either with totally ignoring my post or set me on their ignore list or give me a facepalm...
Giving them "wall of texters" a taste of their own medicine, huh? :LUL:

don't forget after Gracie's update we are supposed to get

faster updates not counting delays I say about 3 months I'm

really happy about that more than anything

if I remember correctly we are 2 updates away from Luna's update

and as you know the only girl I care about is Luna in my opinion

the other girls can go straight to hell
Oh you can send every single one of them to me, including Luna :BootyTime:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

have you forgotten who you're talking to brother I would rather die than be with anyone else besides Luna

HopesGaming

as leader of the Luna fan base lord hope is not

exactly pleased with you

he does not take kindly to treachery
Oh come on now, now you're putting Hopes on the spot there. :ROFLMAO:
The characters are all Hopes' children.

You might as well grab a parent with more than 1 child and ask, "Which kid is your favorite?" in front of their kids watching looking sad.:HideThePain:
You love them equally, right HopesGaming ;):ROFLMAO:

Sep 3, 2020
Giving them "wall of texters" a taste of their own medicine, huh? :LUL:

Oh you can send every single one of them to me, including Luna :BootyTime:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh come on now, now you're putting Hopes on the spot there. :ROFLMAO:
The characters are all Hopes' children.

You might as well grab a parent with more than 1 child and ask, "Which kid is your favorite?" in front of their kids watching looking sad.:HideThePain:
You love them equally, right HopesGaming ;):ROFLMAO:
like I said I would rather die than be with anyone besides Luna

after I'm done with the redhead

Master
View attachment final_627828989eb05400c0822776_207701.mp4

screenshot0001.png

ArtMeat

Aug 30, 2021
Am I nuts, or would a Chibi of Our Donna be out of line? If Cordia isn't out of line, could we get a Chibi of Wilfred. I'd pay to see that.

Reactions: HopesGaming

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Am I nuts, or would a Chibi of Our Donna be out of line? If Cordia isn't out of line, could we get a Chibi of Wilfred. I'd pay to see that.
We already have Chibi of Luna, Gracie, Isabel already, so why would Chibi of Cordia be out of line?

If it was up to me, I'd love to see Chibi of all characters in the game.

Also, to clarify, we will be getting Chibi of Cordia in the future (my guess? When her content gets unlocked in season 2 I think).
Not sure about the others though.
Feels like 50/50 according to Hopes:

The chibis has been a hit or miss so far. Some like em and some don't.
Cordia will get her own. About the others and perhaps in other poses? Maybe! Depends again on how many would like it.

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
I think I need to come in again :( Honestly, the first time I ever supported on Patreon was when I saw update takes 2 months. I was like wow good game and 2 months? Let's do it. And then Hopes slashed that and made it to 3-4 months. It was still acceptable to me.

On the website it clearly says 3-4 months but may take a little longer sometimes. I could do with a little longer maybe 5-6 months. But honestly its been almost 14 months now. I think you should take this part down from your patreon or at least be even more honest about it and either mention that it will take much longer.

View attachment 1800855
nowhere in that answer dev says it will take him 3 months....
"what would be "
so...that post proves nothing ... except maybe someone has a problem comprehending but who knows..maybe thats me?

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I think I need to come in again :( Honestly, the first time I ever supported on Patreon was when I saw update takes 2 months. I was like wow good game and 2 months? Let's do it. And then Hopes slashed that and made it to 3-4 months. It was still acceptable to me.

On the website it clearly says 3-4 months but may take a little longer sometimes. I could do with a little longer maybe 5-6 months. But honestly its been almost 14 months now. I think you should take this part down from your patreon or at least be even more honest about it and either mention that it will take much longer.

View attachment 1800855

The first thing I write is that it is impossible to give an estimation on, as this is my hobby.
Under 3-4 months is what I wanted and is what I'm aiming for.

I also clearly write that I have had updates taken a lot more, which indicate that an update can take a lot longer than 3-4 months.
Do note that this was written back when the updates still had the normal update rates of 3-4 months if I remember right.
I tried to prepare people on the possibility of taking a long time even before it really happened.

The current long update times are not what is planned for the future. I've mentioned many times that I aim to change the style to shorter update cycle with shorter content in the next updates.

Lastly, the real reason for the prolonged update time is that I add one minute to the release date every time someone asks about the release date.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

View attachment 1800855
Why should he take it down though?
Nothing about what he said in that Q & A of that post from his Patreon is untrue.

No offense in any way, but only reason you're saying that he should take it down (and "be honest" when he has always been till now) seems like because you can't handle waiting for the update taking a lot longer (which Hopes admitted yes that it was taking too long but also said before time and time again, that he'll implement shorter release cycles after this upcoming v0.08 release) than what you expected.
But that shouldn't be the valid reason to take it down.

And I said it before and I'll say it again, just cause you spam same complaints again and again ("Oh it's taking too long" which you've already said the first time around) doesn't mean the update will come quicker.
Why not just be patient and wait till it gets released, and in the meantime, try out other games to keep yourself occupied (unless you don't want to play other games lol)?

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes