HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I'm trying to think on how the abandoned tag would affect me.

Possible outcomes after seeing the abandoned tag:

1. Oh noes! I have to release the update I have been secretly holding on to for some reasons!
2. Oh noes! My game is abandoned? Guess I have to delete the game folder then. Damn it!
3. Oh noes! I forgot to close the door after sitting down! Now I have to stand up again...

The abandoned tag really doesn't have any negative effects. Majority of the player base enter the game around the update times. Which means even if you have the abandoned tag, it gets removed because you just updated the game.
And if a dev really cared about increasing playerbase/patrons, long update time isn't the way. Short update burst are where the heavy traffic is. Long updates actually decrease the playerbase. I feel like those things are common knowledge.

Anyway, what those guys really want is a new tag called "This game takes forever to update!" tag. Which is fine if they want that, but there is a subsection in the forum for suggestions. Doing it here is a bit silly.

But even tho f95 is a place for pirating, they still want to have a good relationship with the devs. They have done many activities to help devs and there are even subsections only for devs.
I don't think they want to abuse their own tags and start threatening devs. The abandoned tag is used against the situation where it is clear the game is abandoned.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Status on the game to change the lane a bit!

As everyone knows, I've wished to change the assets for Lucania for a long while now. Currently, I am using which is based on a German town. But the town is far from how I want Lucania to look like. Ignoring the fact that the game is Italian based, and the town is German, the town is simply too 'clean' and city life-like.
Lucania has always supposed to be a rugged and street looking town. A town that is more close knitted and 'family' like.
Back when I first had to show Lucania (Gracie town event) I was very new to daz and searching. So this was the closet thing I could find. There simply were too few towns.
But now, with a good amount of time I started to search for a new town again! ... Still nothing tho. People really aren't making towns for daz.
The town is important for the story and especially in season 2, so, I said fuck it. I make it from scratch (and by that I mean finding as many assets I can from the shop and combining them and change it with shaders to make it look unique.)

The first part of the town I've worked on is the marketplace. This is also where Cordia's cafe is which is basically where she is most of the day and where people come to ask for help and what not. With season 2 focus on Cordia it is one of the most important places.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is inside the Cafe. Still need to have some extra street stuff like lamps and poles. But mostly done.
Outside view versions as previews will be sent to discord once I feel it's ready.

But guys, I think you can get a feeling of what I'm looking for (i hope) so feel free to post some links to the daz shops of assets you would think could be fitting. I still have other locations to make as well.

1652468545263.png

Not all locations will be rendered, but most of the important parts.

EJW

Jul 13, 2018
Status on the game to change the lane a bit!

As everyone knows, I've wished to change the assets for Lucania for a long while now. Currently, I am using which is based on a German town. But the town is far from how I want Lucania to look like. Ignoring the fact that the game is Italian based, and the town is German, the town is simply too 'clean' and city life-like.
Lucania has always supposed to be a rugged and street looking town. A town that is more close knitted and 'family' like.
Back when I first had to show Lucania (Gracie town event) I was very new to daz and searching. So this was the closet thing I could find. There simply were too few towns.
But now, with a good amount of time I started to search for a new town again! ... Still nothing tho. People really aren't making towns for daz.
The town is important for the story and especially in season 2, so, I said fuck it. I make it from scratch (and by that I mean finding as many assets I can from the shop and combining them and change it with shaders to make it look unique.)

The first part of the town I've worked on is the marketplace. This is also where Cordia's cafe is which is basically where she is most of the day and where people come to ask for help and what not. With season 2 focus on Cordia it is one of the most important places.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is inside the Cafe. Still need to have some extra street stuff like lamps and poles. But mostly done.
Outside view versions as previews will be sent to discord once I feel it's ready.

But guys, I think you can get a feeling of what I'm looking for (i hope) so feel free to post some links to the daz shops of assets you would think could be fitting. I still have other locations to make as well.

View attachment 1809197

Not all locations will be rendered, but most of the important parts.
What about Antonio's club that he goes to? MC has the option to help Isebella. Just a thought.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
JJJ84 up for the task? As our local Deluca scholar, I could seen you as qualified to look for appropriate Daz assest for Luciana.:cool:
Perhaps could even cure your question addictions.:ROFLMAO:
Funny you should ask.
Never was all that interested in browsing Daz assets before, but with Hopes asking people if they could spot some town assets, I just started browsing the Daz shop site (I'm no Daz expert by any means, and looking through it half out of interest [looking at variety of assets], and half in thinking perhaps I can find something which might help Hopes with the search for town assets).

Don't know whether it will cure my question addiction though :ROFLMAO:

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
I think you can get a feeling of what I'm looking for (i hope) so feel free to post some links to the daz shops of assets you would think could be fitting. I still have other locations to make as well.
I am not sure if you are aware or maybe even you yourself have played around with blender. There are tons of "free 3D assets" (royalty free) or even paid ones which can be loaded into blender and converted to be used in Daz. Textures/polygons adjusted etc. so if you are looking for something specific that might be a way to go. Also mentioning this cause of the "other locations" backdrops/cities/villages could be made in blender ( or even found ) and used in Daz. Unfortunately the Daz shop is quite limited in what is available and I imagine you end up spending a lot of time using specific objects from different resources to combine them into a "scene" you like.. Might be worth looking into anyways..

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yeah, that always seemed off to me. Especially the German language signs. Thus I placed Lucania someplace in Southern Tyrole in my headcanon, I think I mentioned it a few times. So in principle I like the idea of "relocating" it.

However: are you sure a redo of the city scenes is worth it? I mean, if it is to you then it is. But I assume you want to move forward as well.

Reactions: ziggy81

H2R

Jul 9, 2020
First: Yeah, OIAL and Eternum (both games that i really love) one has and the other will have a harem ending, but even in OIAL some characters never knew that you were with the others, so its kinda you are with all of the girls but not of them know (even when is obvious). Its not a bad idea and i liked that ending. The only VN that has harem path (so far) is City of Broken Dreamers, because in the context of cyberpunk has a lot of sense that kind of relationship. But im with you that we probably wont have a full harem ending, but is too early to say that we will not have any kind of harem or 2 girls path.

Second: You have a really interesting point. I think that a forced friendship will make a lot of sense. If the game detects some girl points and force you to choose one, or choose for you if you didnt do it.

But, i know you, you just want Cordia slaping MC face. New fetish unlocked?
OIAL?

Reactions: Rovenant
Sep 3, 2020
I'm trying to think on how the abandoned tag would affect me.

Possible outcomes after seeing the abandoned tag:

1. Oh noes! I have to release the update I have been secretly holding on to for some reasons!
2. Oh noes! My game is abandoned? Guess I have to delete the game folder then. Damn it!
3. Oh noes! I forgot to close the door after sitting down! Now I have to stand up again...

The abandoned tag really doesn't have any negative effects. Majority of the player base enter the game around the update times. Which means even if you have the abandoned tag, it gets removed because you just updated the game.
And if a dev really cared about increasing playerbase/patrons, long update time isn't the way. Short update burst are where the heavy traffic is. Long updates actually decrease the playerbase. I feel like those things are common knowledge.

Anyway, what those guys really want is a new tag called "This game takes forever to update!" tag. Which is fine if they want that, but there is a subsection in the forum for suggestions. Doing it here is a bit silly.

But even tho f95 is a place for pirating, they still want to have a good relationship with the devs. They have done many activities to help devs and there are even subsections only for devs.
I don't think they want to abuse their own tags and start threatening devs. The abandoned tag is used against the situation where it is clear the game is abandoned.
leader you forgot

4 Oh noes! I'm going to let vidal kill the redhead

and anyone else who put their hands on luna
:love:

Dec 25, 2021
"Abandoned" isn't a permanent tag. In most cases, it's."On Hold" and isn't a permanent tag. If more than 3 months without an update activity = Abandoned tag. The rules here!
Even "Completed" isn't a permanent tag. There were completed games that developers decided weren't complete and the tag was removed. Also, the game thread isn't itself mean the project is still in dev! so for me, this game is Abandoned or On Hold ! so again tag is needed!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I know where are you going. :sneaky: :WeSmart:

You just started the campaing to elect JJJ84 the new mayor of Lucania! :ROFLMAO: We. Are. Doomed! :ROFLMAO:
"I would be deeply honored to be your mayor of Lucania. As your new mayor, I promise to act for the enslave & torture betterment of all the fellow Lucania citiziens. ;):ROFLMAO:

An abandoned tag is needed for this! ty
Saying this just comes to show you have literally no clue what "abandoned" tag actually is or what it actually is for in this site. :FacePalm:

leader you forgot

4 Oh noes! I'm going to let vidal kill the redhead

and anyone else who put their hands on luna
:love:
No you don't!
While Luna is my favorite, Eiza is still too precious to get killed.

If you're looking to kill her, I'll gladly take her off your hands (and while I'm at it, I'm definitely taking Luna too!:sneaky: ) :BootyTime:

"Abandoned" isn't a permanent tag. In most cases, it's."On Hold" and isn't a permanent tag. If more than 3 months without an update activity = Abandoned tag. The rules here!
Even "Completed" isn't a permanent tag. There were completed games that developers decided weren't complete and the tag was removed. Also, the game thread isn't itself mean the project is still in dev! so for me, this game is Abandoned or On Hold ! so again tag is needed!
Wrong.
Abandoned tag is only applied when if more than 3 months, the dev hasn't made any communication with the fans whether through his patreon/subscribestar posts or posts on this site (f95), basically going MIA 3+ months.

It's got nothing to do with actual update release cycle.

And even with those devs who actually go MIA (regarding posts) for 3+ months and actually get an Abandoned Tag, doesn't necessarily mean that it's abandoned (the tag is just f95 exclusive thing, means nothing outside of it).

With regards to this game, the dev (HopesGaming) has been making dev posts pretty much every month since the last update, and has been consistent in communicating he's still working on the game on this thread (and it's no On Hold either, cause dev is continuing to work on the game).
Just because the update takes long to release, it doesn't mean it's abandoned .

Only people who have no idea what the tag actually means jumps to such conclusion.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Sadly, I have to agree.
It seems like there have been no Patreon or Twitter updates in over a year.
lol what are you talking about? :FacePalm:
Dev has been making dev posts on his patreon at least once every month (and been updating people consistently here too of his progress of the upcoming update and more).

And I've already said long update release cycle ≠ abandoned in the post just above yours.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Wrong

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes