JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
You wouldn't even know what could burst my bubble.:p:LOL:
But soooo JJJ84 of you. To show all of use that they can only be one Deluca scholar out here.:cool::ROFLMAO:

For the town, I think it depend on the size and lot of other things. If the town is rather small, then the town may not even have districts at all. If so, they approach of different style for different districts wouldn't even work. Some city, style wise are very coherent and some, regardless of the size, are rather a "chrüsimüsi" as we like to say or patchwork for all english speaking people.;)
That's very true. The town of Lucania always did feel more like a "tight-knit" town than something like a "metropolis" (for the lack of better term). And some cities are indeed patchwork like.

Also, I know HopesGaming said that Harpsburg asset was not the ideal visuals, but even when the changes come with Cordia content in season 2, I do hope the changes come very organically and not in a sudden all-out change.

For example, with first Cordia event, perhaps we'll see 70% Harpsburg assets / 30% new assets ratio. Second Cordia event (or other girls event that involves MC going into the town) 60/40 ratio, then next event 50/50, and so on.....sort of like peeling onions (going into deeper and deeper layers into Lucania's town).

So new assets doesn't necessarily mean erasing all of Harpsburg assets in season 1, but they are just complementing the Harpsburg assets in terms of more intricate layers of Lucania town.

Some areas may indeed feel pretty patchwork, but I do hope at least they wouldn't look too out of place when they are mixed in and matched with different assets.

Last edited:

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Uh, dude. Not sure why you quoted my post.
I mean I get it, you love Luna (I mean a lot of us do have her as our favorite girl), but we were talking about building assets for Lucania, which has nothing to do with any of the girls.
Interestingly, while you were talking about the assets, I had images of Cordia wearing a construction worker's helmet for the reconstruction of Lucania in my head. And I'm pretty sure you can include her two daughters somewhere in the background to "give Lucania a new coat of paint", if you know what I mean.

Sep 3, 2020
Uh, dude. Not sure why you quoted my post.
I mean I get it, you love Luna (I mean a lot of us do have her as our favorite girl), but we were talking about building assets for Lucania, which has nothing to do with any of the girls.
well excuse me for having a reading disability

I will remove it right away aaa nobody appreciates my art

• Haha
Reactions: Rovenant

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Interestingly, while you were talking about the assets, I had images of Cordia wearing a construction worker's helmet for the reconstruction of Lucania in my head. And I'm pretty sure you can include her two daughters somewhere in the background to "give Lucania a new coat of paint", if you know what I mean.
Haha, you know what, I'd love it if Hopes did a fan render of Cordia and the girls in "sexy construction workers" uniforms with the sign "Construction is taking place" :BootyTime:.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Come on, "thats clearly not Italian architecture"? how can all of us can say or deny that? I know some of you have some knowldege about topics, as i have about philosophy, but usually in a game the mayority cant say if an architecture is or isnt related to the places described in a game hahaha. At least if its temporary close.
I am not an expert on architecture either, but on the one hand Victorian style is quite distinct and basically only found in the UK and its former colonies, and on the other hand Mediterranean buildings (older ones at least) look quite different from Central/Northern/Western European buildings (again with the exception of Italy's Southern Tyrolea, which was Austrian for a long while and it shows). I don't know how many would notice, I guess more people if they've been to those places (so Europeans are more likely than Americans or ANZ players - who also see Victorian architecture as something normal since it exists in their countries, too, whereas it does not in France, Germany, Italy, or Spain, to name a few). But once you notice, you cannot unsee it. I've been to different regions of Italy a few times and that is not an Italian street.

One bit of concern I have with Hopes making the whole town originally with various different assets is that Lucania may end up looking a bit mish-mash with all the different assets combined.
That is true. Lucania, by all accounts and by what we saw, is a small to mid sized town, not a city. Different styles of architecture in different quarters will be more to different eras than to different cultural backgrounds. Things like "Chinatowns" hardly exist in Europe, mass immigration wasn't a thing here, at least not from totally different areas, and even when there was something remotely similar (like Eastern European workers flocking to the coal regions of Western Europe during Industrialization) they assimilated quickly and apart from (for the region) unusual last names you can hardly tell.

So yeah, a hodgepodge would probably be off.

Last edited:

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
So, going first and stealing JJJ84 jobs.:ROFLMAO:

Only "truely" historical Italian city set I found (simple searched not deeply) is the one of Venice ( ).
But as it is Venice it has all the water channel and boats and I don't think that what Luciana look like.

Then, the one from Rovenant, as well as any others have the same issue the languange is the "false" one. As Cartageno has written other language than Italian could be explain as they are either regional official language (German, Ladin, French or Slovenian), thus could be also used without the need for a lot of explanation.

Sadly Daz store seems to have very limited asset in this category and I agree with Rovenant, that the Old Victorian Street look quite nice, but the signs are in English.

One other question that, I think, is vital, does the set have all the building blocks hopes need for his city. A too hard change in style is, I think, worse than a "false" language for another "perfect" city.
I found to French town set, where I think the second one looks better.

Meh. :sneaky:

I think if JJJ84 really wish to be Lucania's mayor, he must earn that first! In a (very) hard way! :ROFLMAO:

If we assume Lucania is a small town in Italian countryside, near but not along the coastline (there is no referrence of a harbor or beaches in town), the town could be similar to a actual location in southern Italy, Viggianello.

Why? :unsure:

Because Viggianello is located in Basilicata, the modern region known before as Lucania. The town has around 3-3.5 thousand resident population, and there is a river too.

Plus, there are several mountains and hills sorrounding the town, could be like Musalla Hills, and cliffs where could be the restaurant where MC and Luna had a dinner. :love:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But, but, why the fuck a river's referrence? Because in the game, there is a fuckin' river, of course! :WeSmart::ROFLMAO:

That said, we have a actual model of a town located on the right place, with the right referrences, and the right architecture.

Now, Mr. JJJ84 just needs to do the mapping, rendering and deliver the model to HopesGaming . Easy-peasy! Piece of cake! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You want to be a mayor? Earn it! :sneaky::D:p

Last edited:

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
I already did what that guide says and get all the drops too, but im still not in 100% in more than 2 jobs. Am i missing hidden drops or something really obvious that i cant see? (i tried to replay all of them but nothing seems to change, and i already have all the renders).

But thanks for that link, it helped to see if a was missing some ending on a quest.

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
I am not an expert on architecture either, but on the one hand Victorian style is quite distinct and basically only found in the UK and its former colonies, and on the other hand Mediterranean buildings (older ones at least) look quite different from Central/Northern/Western European buildings (again with the exception of Italy's Southern Tyrolea, which was Austrian for a long while and it shows). I don't know how many would notice, I guess more people if they've been to those places (so Europeans are more likely than Americans or ANZ players - who also see Victorian architecture as something normal since it exists in their countries, too, whereas it does not in France, Germany, Italy, or Spain, to name a few). But once you notice, you cannot unsee it. I've been to different regions of Italy a few times and that is not an Italian street.
Probably true, but not something i can see. Your comment made me remember a philosophy teacher I had that loved to talk about greek architecture a lot haha.

Well, I probably cant tell if a town is german or french (talking about architecture styles) but i get your point that some characteristics are more notorious and easy to track in a time and place. But in a game i think that the epoché (when you suspend judgment of reality like when you are in a theater) helps to give a lot of what you see a chance to see if its coherence, like when you see a superhero movie and the characters flying isnt a problem if they have coherence with everything else.

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Meh. :sneaky:

I think if JJJ84 really wish to be Lucania's mayor, he must earn that first! In a (very) hard way! :ROFLMAO:

If we assume Lucania is a small town in Italian countryside, near but not along the coastline (there is no referrence of a harbor or beaches in town), the town could be similar to a actual location in southern Italy, Viggianello.

Why? :unsure:

Because Viggianello is located in Basilicata, the modern region known before as Lucania. The town has around 3-3.5 thousand resident population, and there is a river too.

Plus, there are several mountains and hills sorrounding the town, could be like Musalla Hills, and cliffs where could be the restaurant where MC and Luna had a dinner. :love:

But, but, why the fuck a river's referrence? Because in the game, there is a fuckin' river, of course! :WeSmart::ROFLMAO:

That said, we have a actual model of a town located on the right place, with the right referrences, and the right architecture.

Now, Mr. JJJ84 just needs to do the mapping, rendering and deliver the model to HopesGaming . Easy-peasy! Piece of cake! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You want to be a mayor? Earn it! :sneaky::D:p
Isnt that river in another town where Gracie goes to school?

But i really loved your idea. I didnt imagine the town in a hill, but why not? a structure like Vigianello could be really cool if there are scenes with car chases or if the town is attacked by another family (because it helps to defend the place if you are in a hill).

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Paco Loco

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Isnt that river in another town where Gracie goes to school?

But i really loved your idea. I didnt imagine the town in a hill, but why not? a structure like Vigianello could be really cool if there are scenes with car chases or if the town is attacked by another family (because it helps to defend the place if you are in a hill).
I think I did a mistake then. I did not remembered that scene was not in Lucania. :FacePalm:

And yes, it is a beautiful place for a massive gunfire action!

Now, all we need is Mr. Bitter Truth do his job! :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: Rovenant

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I already did what that guide says and get all the drops too, but im still not in 100% in more than 2 jobs. Am i missing hidden drops or something really obvious that i cant see? (i tried to replay all of them but nothing seems to change, and i already have all the renders).
If you're referring to the colors, that's actually a little bit of issue with the code.

Basically in terms of completion color, only "Nimble Fingers" contract ends up showing the correct color when it is 100%ed (green). All other contracts, even when they're 100% completed, ends up just being in orange (seems to vary strange, majority of people including myself can only get only Nimble Fingers to green [and tried every alternative play ways], yet seen rare instances where one or two people got green for one or two others).

Hopes is aware of the issue, and said it will be fixed in the future update.

I think I did a mistake then. I did not remembered that scene was not in Lucania. :FacePalm:

And yes, it is a beautiful place for a massive gunfire action!
There will be some areas that we see that is outside Lucania's borders. That place by the bridge where Gracie tried to make new friends in "The Friends of my Friend are my Friends?" is one of them.

Another one is The Cave (date with Luna in the cave restaurant) which just sits on fringes outside of Lucania (a little distance from La Gamma, which is on the most left side of Lucania map Hopes said).

One more would be the police station (another one Hopes clarified). No police station in Lucania, and any police raids on Lucania will have to start from outside the town coming in.

Now, all we need is Mr. Bitter Truth do his job! :KEK:
You do realize most people won't understand what you mean even if you refer to me in that way, right? :LUL:

Given that post left such an impression on you, perhaps I should have went with the sugar coated lie on that post :HideThePain:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
From a fan to fans: :coffee:

I was playing with some renders from the game and I really liked the results.

This was supposed to conjure the Bifrost fit perfectly on a smartphone background wallpaper.

I wish you like it. ;)

Ohhhh Fina and Siobhan!
Lovely girls!

And the way the the renders look gives a very water paint art look.
Nice job (y)

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Delucas (and others) on screen :cool:

Background wallpapers for smartphones!
Current resolution: 1080 px W x 1920 px H

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Delucas (and others) on screen :cool:

Background wallpapers for smartphones!
Current resolution: 1080 px W x 1920 px H

Just a minor correction, it's most likely Wilfred has a separate surname (unknown) and isn't related to DeLucas by blood, even though both Luna and Gracie both call him "Uncle Wilfred."
Uncle in Wilfred's case is a term of endearment for those who are respected in the family (similar case is Antonio referring to "Serpent" as "Uncle Serpent" in that Straffan meeting despite not being related), considering Wilfred was Cordia's teacher.

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Just a minor correction, it's most likely Wilfred has a separate surname (unknown) and isn't related to DeLucas by blood, even though both Luna and Gracie both call him "Uncle Wilfred."
Uncle in Wilfred's case is a term of endearment for those who are respected in the family (similar case is Antonio referring to "Serpent" as "Uncle Serpent" in that Straffan meeting despite not being related), considering Wilfred was Cordia's teacher.
Reeeeaaaaaallly? I mean, really? :rolleyes: Oh boy, run to the hills! :ROFLMAO:

Corrected for you!

• Haha
Reactions: JJJ84
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes