c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Because I've said so.:p:ROFLMAO:

Also, I've seen you bringing the game back.(y)
If you're looking to kill her, I'll gladly take her off your hands (and while I'm at it, I'm definitely taking Luna too!:sneaky: ) :BootyTime:
Too late. I've already offered Vidal to take every female that he don't want - as well as Luna - out of his life and into my bed.:sneaky::censored:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Strange events happen in Lucania. A known poster gets kicked off the thread for being too aggressive, at the same time a different poster suddenly appears, using the same phrasing like "fellow DeLucas", going nowhere but Lucania. Did we grow ourselves a new resident troll? If so, can he keep up with the speed of the original (gotta give him some time to train up probably). Are we all still sucking cockmilk? Stay tuned for the next updates of "DeLuca - Threat to the Thread: The Bearer of Truth" coming soon on F95 TV.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Strange events happen in Lucania. A known poster gets kicked off the thread for being too aggressive, at the same time a different poster suddenly appears, using the same phrasing like "fellow DeLucas", going nowhere but Lucania. Did we grow ourselves a new resident troll? If so, can he keep up with the speed of the original (gotta give him some time to train up probably). Are we all still sucking cockmilk? Stay tuned for the next updates of "DeLuca - Threat to the Thread: The Bearer of Truth" coming soon on F95 TV.
I'm hopping in 8k in Turkish with Danish subtitle and of course in 3D and have at least all 15 minutes a commercial break and overusing product placement too.:geek:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I'm hopping in 8k in Turkish with Danish subtitle and of course in 3D and have at least all 15 minutes a commercial break and overusing product placement too.:geek:
I was thinking more of old school Soviet style dubbing (one monotonous male voice reading out the translated dialogue over the actual speaking - yap, the same guy for all characters young and old, male and female) and Georgian subtitles (they have a beautiful alphabet). In any case any amount of product placement is fair game, Hopes must make money too, and how to do that without MoneyGrabber 3000 (TM). MoneyGrabber 3000 (TM) - the best way to force people to pay on Patreon even though they hate the stuff. Get your subscription now and get a nice blunt cucumber cutter for free!

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
I thought Lucania looked like this: with probably 3 sections; one with light colors where you can find more more well-kept and renovated houses with a maximum of two floors; another section with the market with more brown and red colours and more deteriorated because of the large number of people walking there daily; and a third section with more darker colours and graffity and streets in poor condition.

But that german town looked good to the part of the town that Cordia visits ofter, because it makes sense that they will take more care to keep it clean if the high ranks are frecuently there.

I started another replay and taking A LOT of notes, so Pee Wee ill come back soon with a lof of conspiracy theories, and probably JJJ84 will destroy every thing i say hahahaha.

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
So, going first and stealing JJJ84 jobs.:ROFLMAO:

Only "truely" historical Italian city set I found (simple searched not deeply) is the one of Venice ( ).
But as it is Venice it has all the water channel and boats and I don't think that what Luciana look like.

Then, the one from Rovenant, as well as any others have the same issue the languange is the "false" one. As Cartageno has written other language than Italian could be explain as they are either regional official language (German, Ladin, French or Slovenian), thus could be also used without the need for a lot of explanation.

Sadly Daz store seems to have very limited asset in this category and I agree with Rovenant, that the Old Victorian Street look quite nice, but the signs are in English.

One other question that, I think, is vital, does the set have all the building blocks hopes need for his city. A too hard change in style is, I think, worse than a "false" language for another "perfect" city.
I found to French town set, where I think the second one looks better.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

Only "truely" historical Italian city set I found (simple searched not deeply) is the one of Venice ( ).
But as it is Venice it has all the water channel and boats and I don't think that what Luciana look like.

Then, the one from Rovenant, as well as any others have the same issue the languange is the "false" one. As Cartageno has written other language than Italian could be explain as they are either regional official language (German, Ladin, French or Slovenian), thus could be also used without the need for a lot of explanation.

Sadly Daz store seems to have very limited asset in this category and I agree with Rovenant, that the Old Victorian Street look quite nice, but the signs are in English.

One other question that, I think, is vital, does the set have all the building blocks hopes need for his city. A too hard change in style is, I think, worse than a "false" language for another "perfect" city.

The second one is actually not even European but New Orleans ;) And as for the Victorian Street, it does indeed look good - but even apart from the sign language, that's clearly not Italian architecture.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
The second one is actually not even European but New Orleans ;) And as for the Victorian Street, it does indeed look good - but even apart from the sign language, that's clearly not Italian architecture.
Well a few things could be avoided with the authors freedom...
So, as long as the explanation for it wouldn't become absurd, I can live with that.
Also depending on the era they "isn't" a percticular style at all more a mosaic between (very) different styles from (very) different eras all mixed together. At least were I live all house outside of historic city centre is a patchwork and if it worst the most prominent buildings are the ones that you want to raze to the ground the most. :LOL:

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021

Well, a sign in english is better than in german (i think?) because the main language of the game is english to so probably the language most of the people playing this game?
I dont know if you can edit a sign or put, lets say, a model that blocks it so if we cant see it it isnt bad hahaha. No idea, really.

As for the places needed, im with you. But as a said, i thought that Lucania had different looks related to where you are. Im GM/DM when playing tabletop rpg games, and usually my cities or kingdoms had that structure and cleaning difference if you are in the "richs" area, market area, or "poor" area. But this is a town so i dont know if this is the case too, or the uniformity is predominant.
But, if its like i thought then it can use different small areas to build the ones in the town or something like that. But im talking without knowing if im saying something immposible or really hard to make.

I liked this one that you posted ( ) no idea if its possible to change colours and erase the horse (if not i want Wilfred riding a horse).

Reactions: Paco Loco

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Come on, "thats clearly not Italian architecture"? how can all of us can say or deny that? I know some of you have some knowldege about topics, as i have about philosophy, but usually in a game the mayority cant say if an architecture is or isnt related to the places described in a game hahaha. At least if its temporary close.

Reactions: Paco Loco

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

Actually, sorry to burst your bubble :ROFLMAO: , but I went through search in Daz shop already and yesterday sent to Hopes already (through discord) some assets links that I thought might fit.
Here's a screen capture of Hopes' reply (in case anyone doubts me, heh)

Snap 2022-05-15 at 07.12.24.png

Sent to him several links, that French Quarter one was one of them (actually, there are 4 difference variations of that asset, same street but with different shops, just sent to him link to all).

There's several more, but unless someone specifically asks me (for what assets I recommended to him), I'll refrain from posting all them link lol.

One bit of concern I have with Hopes making the whole town originally with various different assets is that Lucania may end up looking a bit mish-mash with all the different assets combined.
Of course, perhaps a little bit of reasoning could be different culture of residents living in specific areas (e.g. Chinatown in San Francisco or New York, buildings with their pagodas), but even that, it might be stretching a bit.

Having said that, I don't think there is much of a choice for Hopes since current German town of Harpsburg asset isn't really what he wanted.
And having looked through decent time in Daz shop with structures/buildings category there really isn't much full town assets in the shop to begin with, let alone ones which match the rugged and street looking town.

So best thing he can do is mix and match I suppose.

Last edited:

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I would point out that most cities are developed in a pretty much mish-mash way over a long period of time.

As for DAZ assets, the languages on the signs should be the least of the problems. Each of the signs is a 3D model with a texture wrapped around it. Find the right texture file and do a bit of Photoshop magic to change the words to what you want them to say and save it back into the runtime library and swap the texture on the model.

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
In my first playthrough i thought that when you discovered everything in a contract (going to every place) and every use of skills was succesfull you finished everything (because that usually gives you the best drop too). Now i found out i was probably wrong because the only contract so far that have 100% is the one that Amita and Amata gave me.

Anyone can give me some light here? that % is related to drops or am i missing something to do?

And anyone can give me help with the Painting contract? I found the secret of the thief, the secret of the old man, and retrieve the painting, but it gives me 2 red messages like i could help with 2 more task and i didint. I tried different orders (and all my skills use are succesfull) but so far nothing changed
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
In my first playthrough i thought that when you discovered everything in a contract (going to every place) and every use of skills was succesfull you finished everything (because that usually gives you the best drop too). Now i found out i was probably wrong because the only contract so far that have 100% is the one that Amita and Amata gave me.

Anyone can give me some light here? that % is related to drops or am i missing something to do?

And anyone can give me help with the Painting contract? I found the secret of the thief, the secret of the old man, and retrieve the painting, but it gives me 2 red messages like i could help with 2 more task and i didint. I tried different orders (and all my skills use are succesfull) but so far nothing changed
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You need to use "interact" in the cemetery (place north of Church) and find out the girl's secret.
Then you need to confront the girl instead of stealing the painting.

Stealing the painting only results in normal ending, confronting the girl and taking her back to the painter results in the true ending (making you 100% that contract).

And no, nobody's supposed to be able to 100% any contracts on their first try (it's supposed to be 100% through replays).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Rovenant

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
You need to use "interact" in the cemetery (place north of Church) and find out the girl's secret.
Then you need to confront the girl instead of stealing the painting.

Stealing the painting only results in normal ending, confronting the girl and taking her back to the painter results in the true ending (making you 100% that contract).

And no, nobody's supposed to be able to 100% any contracts on their first try (it's supposed to be 100% through replays).
Ok, ill try that. But im not trying to have 100% on my first try, i made a lot of replays but so far didnt find what i was missing. So ill keep repeating with different orders to see more.

Thank you for the answer

Reactions: JJJ84

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Actually, sorry to burst your bubble :ROFLMAO: , but I went through search in Daz shop already and yesterday sent to Hopes already (through discord) some assets links that I thought might fit.
You wouldn't even know what could burst my bubble.:p:LOL:
But soooo JJJ84 of you. To show all of use that they can only be one Deluca scholar out here.:cool::ROFLMAO:

For the town, I think it depend on the size and lot of other things. If the town is rather small, then the town may not even have districts at all. If so, they approach of different style for different districts wouldn't even work. Some city, style wise are very coherent and some, regardless of the size, are rather a "chrüsimüsi" as we like to say or patchwork for all english speaking people.;)

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes