Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Just a minor correction, it's most likely Wilfred has a separate surname (unknown) and isn't related to DeLucas by blood, even though both Luna and Gracie both call him "Uncle Wilfred."
Uncle in Wilfred's case is a term of endearment for those who are respected in the family (similar case is Antonio referring to "Serpent" as "Uncle Serpent" in that Straffan meeting despite not being related), considering Wilfred was Cordia's teacher.
Wilfred Stormborn of House Deluca, the First of His Name, Consigliere of the Queen of Andals and the First Men and Everyone Else, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms and Lucania, the Uncle of Dragons and Serpents, the Khal of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains, Uncle, Uncle Serpent, Uncle Wilfred, Uncle Serpent Wilfred, Uncle Mustache, Bad Mustache, Bad Uncle Mustache, Uncle of the Uncles. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Is this abandoned yet?
No?
Yes, as hope wasn't active here or on Patreon or on any other platform for three 3 months continuously.:HideThePain:
Wait, I think I've seem some posts looking like either Patreon post, Discord or even some here by a user named HopesGaming, but surely this must be a different users then the one that is, according to his Patreon or Discord site the dev of the game.
Must be some white knights that are trying their bests so that this game doesn't become abandoned and the dev can keep his milking ongoing...o_O

Last edited:

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Is this abandoned yet?
Not abandoned, no, but it's been in the longest Q&A phase i've seen for a VN by far.

If youre not a release-month only patron baited nearly 2x over by the "Coming soon--game is done but not done," posts youre better off checking at months-end only rather than weekly or whatever your current frequency is.

Setting yourself up for disappointment otherwise.

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
If you're referring to the colors, that's actually a little bit of issue with the code.

Basically in terms of completion color, only "Nimble Fingers" contract ends up showing the correct color when it is 100%ed (green). All other contracts, even when they're 100% completed, ends up just being in orange (seems to vary strange, majority of people including myself can only get only Nimble Fingers to green [and tried every alternative play ways], yet seen rare instances where one or two people got green for one or two others).

Hopes is aware of the issue, and said it will be fixed in the future update.

There will be some areas that we see that is outside Lucania's borders. That place by the bridge where Gracie tried to make new friends in "The Friends of my Friend are my Friends?" is one of them.

Another one is The Cave (date with Luna in the cave restaurant) which just sits on fringes outside of Lucania (a little distance from La Gamma, which is on the most left side of Lucania map Hopes said).

One more would be the police station (another one Hopes clarified). No police station in Lucania, and any police raids on Lucania will have to start from outside the town coming in.

You do realize most people won't understand what you mean even if you refer to me in that way, right? :LUL:

Given that post left such an impression on you, perhaps I should have went with the sugar coated lie on that post :HideThePain:
Well i have 2 in green, Nimble Fingers and the one that you do for Amita and Amata. Both now figures in 100% completion, but the others not, and the % looks between 70 to 90. But if i get all the drops, all the renders, and did all the story in them, the should be in 100%? or is the code lying in that part? Thats was my doubt.

If its something in the code, then i dont mind. The secrets in this game can be easy to miss (like the one in Nimble Fingers where you can think you did all but if you dont meet the stat req the old man doesnt appear and you miss something really important) so i was fearing i missed something.

Reactions: JJJ84

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Is this abandoned yet?
Not abandoned, no, but it's been in the longest Q&A phase i've seen for a VN by far.

If youre not a release-month only patron baited nearly 2x over by the "Coming soon--game is done but not done," posts youre better off checking at months-end only rather than weekly or whatever your current frequency is.

If however you're looking for seniorboop's whining you should check biweekly or so. Although they're not really updates, just remasters/reworks.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
why the hell does someone gotta be so damn rude every time somebody talk about the content yes what they are saying is right its been over a year since the last update so they have the right to whine cause their money is going to this game
(a) he isn't paying (anymore at least)
(b) if you want to whine about a dev as a Patreon, use Patreon for it
(c) if you say the same stuff over and over, no matter what, people get annoyed

Mr snor

Jul 12, 2020
If however you're looking for seniorboop's whining you should check biweekly or so. Although they're not really updates, just remasters/reworks.
but its not like he is lying?Its been over a year since the last update so he has the right to whine if he is a patreon

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
but its not like he is lying?
I don't know. He could be lying or not, eg. that he was a Patreon - and before anything ask, I don't care about it.
Its been over a year since the last update so he has the right to whine if he is a patreon
I don't know that point in the UN human rights charter.;)
If he want to whine, as a patreon, then he should do that on Patreon.
If he want to do it here, then use PM.

Also if he has the right to whine about, then all others would also have the right to tell how good the game is, how hope can turn water to whine - I say it, I've seen it and so on and so fort.
It doesn't add a single constructive thing to this thread, same as my whole post here and I've already have enough from the whole patch, update, walkthrough, Android and so on post here on the zone.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
but its not like he is lying?Its been over a year since the last update so he has the right to whine if he is a patreon
Then maybe read up how Patreon works. You're not paying for anything except to support an artist in his works. You have no claim or right to get anything in return for your patronage. So no, you have no "right" to complain about update times. Can't believe this still has to explained........

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Delucas (and others) on screen :cool:

Background wallpapers for smartphones!
Current resolution: 1080 px W x 1920 px H

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

These are awesome! thanks for sharing. I especially like the bottom ones of Isabel and Eiza

firesword

Mar 22, 2020
Then maybe read up how Patreon works. You're not paying for anything except to support an artist in his works. You have no claim or right to get anything in return for your patronage. So no, you have no "right" to complain about update times. Can't believe this still has to explained........
There's a lot of things wrong with this. What you defined is something called as charity. Where you just pay to support someone or some cause.

While there is an aspect of support in Patreon, there is an equal aspect of business. The only difference is that this transaction is done in good faith between the content creator and the subscriber. The content creator is solely in control of the terms here though.
Let's take the example of Hopes . There is a 30$ tier where this is what is promised,
  • Access to all kinds of unique art and unused content which got cut from the game
So say I am part of this tier for the last year, do you think I have the right the ask the creator to deliver this? Assuming that the creator has not delivered any such unique art, do I have a right for a refund for 12 months in this case? One can say, you can just unsubscribe but as a subscriber you are completely at the mercy of the content creator to deliver on the promises of the tier and the subscriber cannot do anything except to keep waiting.

Many content creators have taken advantage of this very fact and milking subscribers without delivering. Delaying content for months and even years in some cases.

The reason we cannot apply this to Hopes here is that he has been pretty up front with his communication. But saying that a subscriber on Patreon has no right to complain is heading down a dangerous path.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Pee Wee
Woah those look amazing! Nice job on em! Is it a photoshop filter? If it is - don't say it. But make a game. I think people would be interested in a game with that art heh.

What about Antonio's club that he goes to? MC has the option to help Isebella. Just a thought.
It will be an exterior place made for the story if needed. Not a lot of thought will go through making it tho.

I am not sure if you are aware or maybe even you yourself have played around with blender. There are tons of "free 3D assets" (royalty free) or even paid ones which can be loaded into blender and converted to be used in Daz. Textures/polygons adjusted etc. so if you are looking for something specific that might be a way to go. Also mentioning this cause of the "other locations" backdrops/cities/villages could be made in blender ( or even found ) and used in Daz. Unfortunately the Daz shop is quite limited in what is available and I imagine you end up spending a lot of time using specific objects from different resources to combine them into a "scene" you like.. Might be worth looking into anyways..
As long as it is obj format I can add it into daz and simply use shaders if the object is pieced well enough together.
But really need to find something that hits all paremeters. Problem is that I have to pay for it first before I know if it is usuable. Haven't looked too deep in converting from blender to daz tho. Maybe that will help.

Yeah, that always seemed off to me. Especially the German language signs. Thus I placed Lucania someplace in Southern Tyrole in my headcanon, I think I mentioned it a few times. So in principle I like the idea of "relocating" it.

However: are you sure a redo of the city scenes is worth it? I mean, if it is to you then it is. But I assume you want to move forward as well.
So far there is only one real major use of the town and that is with the Gracie event. All scenes are saved so what I basically have to do is to remove the city and merge in the new town. Will mostly take a day to do the whole thing as the hardest part of scene making is done. Just a bit tedious perhaps but nothing too serious.

With all the past statements regarding the "Coder" at times I've come to wonder...

How many lines of code is the game at right now :unsure::unsure::unsure:
There is less code. He is optimizing and improving the code.

So, going first and stealing JJJ84 jobs.:ROFLMAO:

Only "truely" historical Italian city set I found (simple searched not deeply) is the one of Venice ( ).
But as it is Venice it has all the water channel and boats and I don't think that what Luciana look like.

Then, the one from Rovenant, as well as any others have the same issue the languange is the "false" one. As Cartageno has written other language than Italian could be explain as they are either regional official language (German, Ladin, French or Slovenian), thus could be also used without the need for a lot of explanation.

Sadly Daz store seems to have very limited asset in this category and I agree with Rovenant, that the Old Victorian Street look quite nice, but the signs are in English.

One other question that, I think, is vital, does the set have all the building blocks hopes need for his city. A too hard change in style is, I think, worse than a "false" language for another "perfect" city.
I found to French town set, where I think the second one looks better.

I've done my best to never mention any countries to create the effect of a separate universe. Even though it is heavily emphasized that it is Italy based. So having english signs shouldn't be too off-putting. With that said. I can change any signs with some photoshop work easily. That's how I get the deluca signs on everything

Is this abandoned yet?
Yes it is. You should call the staff members of the forum to mark this game as abandoned.

And you have seen a lot to this game, that is for sure. Even though you have said multiple times you dislike the game and even try to persuade others not to play the game - you're still around and always post.
I'm starting to think you're actually the biggest fan of the game, but just don't want others to play it to have it all for yourself.

but its not like he is lying? It's been over a year since the last update, so he has the right to whine if he is a patreon
That's not really how it works. I've received many people who wrote to me that they suspense the patronage due to the time (or other things) and may or may not patron again once the update gets delivered faster again. And I've always said I understood and respected their decision.
That is how it works on patron. If they dislike something, they stop supporting. Not going here to talk about it. That would just be silly.

There's a lot of things wrong with this. What you defined is something called as charity. Where you just pay to support someone or some cause.

While there is an aspect of support in Patreon, there is an equal aspect of business. The only difference is that this transaction is done in good faith between the content creator and the subscriber. The content creator is solely in control of the terms here though.
Let's take the example of Hopes . There is a 30$ tier where this is what is promised,
  • Access to all kinds of unique art and unused content which got cut from the game
So say I am part of this tier for the last year, do you think I have the right the ask the creator to deliver this? Assuming that the creator has not delivered any such unique art, do I have a right for a refund for 12 months in this case? One can say, you can just unsubscribe but as a subscriber you are completely at the mercy of the content creator to deliver on the promises of the tier and the subscriber cannot do anything except to keep waiting.

Many content creators have taken advantage of this very fact and milking subscribers without delivering. Delaying content for months and even years in some cases.

The reason we cannot apply this to Hopes here is that he has been pretty up front with his communication. But saying that a subscriber on Patreon has no right to complain is heading down a dangerous path.
There is a link to a folder that gives access to a folder containing the unused content.
But that is nitpicking from my side. I do see your main point that patrons have the right to know what is going on.
But as I've written just above. Patrons usually write to me personally and show any disapprovement with their patronage status. Again, patrons aren't mindless robots. They usually make up what they are willing to support and what they are not.
The only time that is not a factor is when some devs lie to the patrons saying all kinds of false promises. But my goal has always to be, as you said, up front and let people know what is going on. And if that means they stop supporting, I always respect that. As long as I know that, I've been honest with them.

People who write here are rarely patrons, but non patrons of the game that are not happy with something. Many are just lashing out due to frustration.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes