dreamgoat

Oct 10, 2020
His other posts about VN-mode should be waited until the game is almost complete makes absolutely no sense either.
I mean granted, I only play Full Experience mode only so if that gets developed quickly I'd be happy but what about all those subset of players who have been waiting all this time for that VN mode?

Is he saying they should wait even longer for that mode to even start?
For a game that's gonna be multi-seasons (and likely to last at least couple of years)?

LOL easy for him to say, given he plays either through "Full Experience" (with cheat mods) or "Only Story + Freeroaming."
Try telling that to people who are waiting for VN mode (I mean not that I count how many are waiting, but I'd assume there are some of those people as subset of player base of DeLuca).

Dude, you're delusional if you seriously think Dev should change his game just to cater for people cheating through unsupported mods by changing his code or a mini-guide which actually says "Don't increase stats artificially" lol

Let me give you a real life example:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's not the Dev's responsibility to give such warnings.
Any mods that aren't made by the dev himself (either within the game as built-in or as a separate mod), it's the player's own responsibility (that should be basic common sense lol) for artificially raising the stats.
It's the same reasoning for the Code as well.
The Dev does not have responsibility to change the code just to cater for a small subset of people who wish to cheat, if the result isn't possible to get in a normal way and would end up crashing.

And you seem to be continuing to imply Freeroam mode looks to have taken a lot of time.
Well perhaps it did perhaps it didn't.

Noone knows that except for the dev.
But one thing is for sure.

Long time of development especially between v0.07 & v0.08 the dev already explained it was a lot of real life matters getting in the way which caused the delay.

So while on one hand you could be right in that Freeroam mode mate have ate up some development time, on the other hand, it could also have not taken as much as one would expect.

Only Hopes (the dev) would be able to answer that.
I agree. I never understood some people miss the disclaimer on the modder site that says "Use at your own risk". If it breaks it's your fault no one elses pretty much self explanatory.

Jun 2, 2020
What I think is missing in this upgrade is interactions with Eiza. She could be a kind of servant of the MC, located on his bedroom, for all kind of stuff on free roam including repetable sex (like the goul in Vampire the masquerade but with more "relations").

Reactions: advidar

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
again picking on the language but also its deferant or not that is backward when something been there and got removed so acting like smart ass just to show off wont change the fact that its true.
If you want to go all technical, then yes, things have been removed. However, I think that is more nitpicking on your part. No story has been removed. No gameplay as such has been removed. What has been removed are simple stat checks and for that the ways of increasing those stats a certain way. But there has been no removal of any experience for the player, only additions. Some might not like them, sure, but in the vein of your argument I could say that content has been removed after a typo was corrected because the old line of dialogue was there and is not anymore. But that is not "backward" at all. Even if content were removed it wouldn't necessarily "backward" but could be streamlining stuff.

Generally speaking it's better to program in a safe manner so unexpected values are handled better than just crashing. Otherwise that does increase the possibility of bugs happening when the stats can be raised that high legitimately.
This of course is true, albeit within limitations - there is stuff that you will not check against necessarily. However, (a) as long as the program works as intended there is no use for complaint. Yes, a safeguard against programming errors may be missing but if there are no programming errors but modding errors, this is a problem of the mod. Also (b) some of these stat checks will need upper boundaries sooner or later when the respective stuff gets expanded, so already putting them into place instead of forgetting about it and having troubles later on does seem sensible to me.

Reactions: c3p0 and JJJ84

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
is there a walkthrough in special mission: team gracie or all the added new contracts in the game?
The Gracie missions are so simple it would take a truly special "lack of brain cells" to really require a walkthrough. So Just go play it.

There are no new contracts with this release.

• Angry
Reactions: Cernunnos.

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Does anyone know how much more content is left for the entire game to be completed? or how many seasons will be there in total?

SHER!FF

Aug 15, 2019
Has anyone gotten this? Game won't even load.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/DefineWORLD/CharacterDefines.rpy', 1654275811, 1) is defined twice, at game/CharacterDefines.rpyc:1 and game/DefineWORLD/CharacterDefines.rpy:1.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 797, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 473, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/DefineWORLD/CharacterDefines.rpy', 1654275811, 1) is defined twice, at game/CharacterDefines.rpyc:1 and game/DefineWORLD/CharacterDefines.rpy:1.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266

Mon Jun 13 10:58:52 2022

david45

Nov 11, 2018
Love this game so much. I was just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the bugfix.

I've downloaded it, copied it to the game folder but it does not work. I still can't start or finish the "Contract" mission to get the promotion.

Please help.

djsverige

Dec 29, 2019
If you want to go all technical, then yes, things have been removed. However, I think that is more nitpicking on your part. No story has been removed. No gameplay as such has been removed. What has been removed are simple stat checks and for that the ways of increasing those stats a certain way. But there has been no removal of any experience for the player, only additions. Some might not like them, sure, but in the vein of your argument I could say that content has been removed after a typo was corrected because the old line of dialogue was there and is not anymore. But that is not "backward" at all. Even if content were removed it wouldn't necessarily "backward" but could be streamlining stuff.

This of course is true, albeit within limitations - there is stuff that you will not check against necessarily. However, (a) as long as the program works as intended there is no use for complaint. Yes, a safeguard against programming errors may be missing but if there are no programming errors but modding errors, this is a problem of the mod. Also (b) some of these stat checks will need upper boundaries sooner or later when the respective stuff gets expanded, so already putting them into place instead of forgetting about it and having troubles later on does seem sensible to me.
as you read my original post there were nothing about the story i was just talking about the skills that i was wanting to see why i didnt get it and thats why i asked but people got dont know what word to use to describe how each person replied like they have something they want to hide or in other words they just been picking on the way how i choose my words instead what i was asking for.

anyway ty for your reply and to be honest if i was upset about the story then i would of spacified it too but ty again.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The issue is more that cheat mods are actually shadowing original values. They aren't even the same types. I take no responsibility for people carelessly modifying the types of values they don't even understand n the first place. I would never get anything done otherwise
Well that is definitely different then lol. I just meant purely numeric values. Never poked into modding this one myself.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Does anyone know how much more content is left for the entire game to be completed? or how many seasons will be there in total?
Around the time when it neared the release of v0.07 (Ombra missions content & Wilfred's Contracts gameplay overhaul), Hopes said the game was around 30% complete.

He also said that the complete game may have around 4 seasons, even though it isn't definitive (only thing that's certain is, next upcoming update will be the Season 1 finale update).

• Red Heart
Reactions: tombeir

LazyBear29

Feb 20, 2021
Around the time when it neared the release of v0.07 (Ombra missions content & Wilfred's Contracts gameplay overhaul), Hopes said the game was around 30% complete.

He also said that the complete game may have around 4 seasons, even though it isn't definitive (only thing that's certain is, next upcoming update will be the Season 1 finale update).

I am note a math genius but 4 seasons and 30 or so % completion of the game before the release of 0.7 update which was last update before current one doesnt really add up. Of course seasons can have diffrent amount of content but this doesnt feel right.

Last edited:

3 Pood

Jun 11, 2022
Has anyone gotten this? Game won't even load.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 797, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 473, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266

Mon Jun 13 10:58:52 2022
You have script files in multiple locations. What were you doing?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I am note a math genius but 4 seasons and 30 or so % completion of the game before the release of 0.7 update which was last update before current one doesnt really add up. Of course seasons can have diffrent amount of content but this doesnt feel right.
That's probably because you're thinking of version number as percentages.
That's not the case here.

More often than not, version numbers don't really mean anything for this site.
For a lot of games, version numbers are just what it is....... a numbering system.

For example, in another game you might have an update where at a point it's v0.38, and on the next update it will jump to 0.79.

Of course, there may be exceptions (like for example OIAL or Eternum by Caribdis, his update always go in 10% increments, with 0.1, 0.2, 0.3.......0.8, 0.9, 1.0 Final) but those are rare.

Last edited:

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
That's probably because you're thinking of version number as percentages.
That's not the case here.
Ain't that the truth. If ever get the chance to make the game I want to make it'll be chapter wise not point wise so that people don't think it's a fucking percentage.

Reactions: crabsinthekitchen
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes