Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018

Astriedax

May 15, 2017
Firstly, no offense but regardless whether saying it as a principle or not, you've been pretty much implying in both of your previous 2 posts that he "really should have focused on the VN aspects of the game rather than the contracts."

Only way for that to happen would have been for him to completely abandon all the actual gameplay aspects and just solely focus on the VN mode (and that's not happening, given he's found the suitable system for his contracts).

Secondly, I think you're getting yourself a little bit confused here with the terminology.

The game is split into 3 following segments:

1) Main Story & Main Events (as the name says, the events in those headers in "Journal")

2) Girls' lewd/free-roam events (a.k.a. Luna/Gracie/Isabel/(and in the future) Cordia events)

3) Contracts (a.k.a. Wilfred's Contracts) though this gameplay system is also implemented to Main Story/Main Events with the missions

Free-roam are the girls' lewd events content (where MC roams around the DeLuca mansion going around the rooms to access these girls' events). It is not what you're referring to (which I'm assuming are contracts).

Not sure what you mean exactly when you're referring to "new free roaming is a superior version of cheating with mods, more intuitive, more fluid and without the risk of damaging the save file progress" but ever since v0.07 released last year, this thread has had many people coming to the thread with the posts

"I can't access the Ombra mission. I used mods."
"Can't begin the Ombra mission, can't talk to Wilfred at all. I used cheat before."

Now you may not have experienced the issue while using the cheats/mods, but several people (stopped counting when numbers rose and rose but at least 10+ people, even close to 20 maybe) have experienced their saves being screwed over by using cheat mods.

So that risk is always there (whether it's to lesser or to greater degree). If people still wish to use cheat/mods to jump over the contracts, then that's their decision, but they also gotta deal with possible consequence of their saves being corrupted.

Lastly, it's not like Hopes said every single update will have Wilfred's Contracts in it (and no, next update will not have Wilfred's contracts content).
Also, Hopes intended for the gameplay system in Wilfred's contracts to naturally transition to the main story, and he did that; first time was the Ombra mission, and then we had the Gracie Team missions against the Bonanzo Family in v0.08.

As someone who didn't really like the first version of Wilfred's Contracts of the game, I'm actually quite satisfied with how everything turned out.

To further reiterate, as Carta said previously, while it's different from VN aspect, it's still content.
Just not the content you (or people who only want the VN part) expect/want.
So even if you dislike it for possibly eating up development time for VN aspects of it (though I highly doubt it would as much as it did for v0.07 development), it is what it is.

Full experience is his full vision of the game, and that will always come as priority (which yes, includes the contracts system).
No, I did not say the dev should focus on the VN part. In fact, I said I HOPE HE DOES NOT attempt to develop the VN mode right now, and wait until either the game is finished or almost complete. Read it again.

I did not had any problem with cheat mod and many people did not have either, HOWEVER, I never contested your claim that some people DID have problems with cheat mods. Makes absolutely no sense to point it out, as if I was arguing against it. I NEVER SAID THAT THERE WAS NO PROBLEM!
HOWEVER, it would be 1 billion times faster and easier, to fix such issues, such as correct the code line that does not recognize stats over a certain threshold OR create a mini guide of what NOT TO DO, in order to avoid bugs.
Such as "DON'T INCREASE STATS ARTIFICIALLY, WAIT UNTIL STATS ARE REQUIRED, THEN PURCHASE ONLY THE AMOUNT REQUIRED THROUGH THE GAME'S SHOP"
Didn't took me more than 20 seconds to write a fix, that the developer took months to fix it. What method was faster? That's my point entirely.
He over spent his development time into something, that could've been dealt faster and easier. Instead of PROGRESSING THE STORY CONTENT, of which is still stuck on the same spot after YEARS of nothing.

I hope I won't have to write in caps and use bb code again in the future, heck I don't even want to keep this conversation alive.
So if you want to reply, at least do me a favor to reply about what I actually said. Not whatever you're doing.

I don't know why I have to say this, but... Whatever.
When you start the game you have 3 modes to choose.
1. Normal story mode, with all contracts fully working as the part of the game.
2. Free roaming mode, where contracts do not work/matter, plus a big stack of cash to buy required items, in order to advance in the story fast.
3. VN mode, still not developed.

Free roaming mode, was developed recently. It replaces the need of the old cheat mod entirely, to bypass the grind of the contracts part of the game.
My point was, using cheat mod, already net a very similar result, of which was bypass the contracts without needing to grind them. I can't be any more clear than that.

In that sense this task was redundant because the dev, choose to pursuit a path, that somewhat had been covered, and neglected the story progression as a collateral consequence.
Yes, the newest free roaming mode is better and safer than cheat mod, but in my opinion, he should've progressed the story instead. That is MY opinion. You may disagree and that's alright, but I do not find justifiable the years of wait, for no story content update.

That said, what is done, is done. The dev will do whatever he wants to do. It's his game, and the past cannot be changed.
However, as I said, I believe it was the wrong decision, and that is all that there is to it.
And also depending on how he did structure the code, now he'll have twice the amount of work in the line of code, because he'll have to feed both the main story path and the free roaming path. I really hope he did it properly and will be easy and quick, but who knows. That may or may not further impact the story progression of the game, we'll see.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
this is my original post that been replyed to and then i replyed to that comment. which lead to your comment afterwards.
But regarding this original post, I did not go too much into depth, you seem to get the wrong impression that there were "skills" as such, like "fancy moves" or similar. That is/was not the case. There was nothing you could do (story wise) that you couldn't do later. It was a different system that had different tools, but in which there was nothing special (you never knew how a mission went, you would only get a screen which either said "success" or "failure").

HOWEVER, it would be 1 billion times faster and easier, to fix such issues, such as correct the code line that does not recognize stats over a certain threshold OR create a mini guide of what NOT TO DO, in order to avoid bugs.
Such as "DON'T INCREASE STATS ARTIFICIALLY, WAIT UNTIL STATS ARE REQUIRED, THEN PURCHASE ONLY THE AMOUNT REQUIRED THROUGH THE GAME'S SHOP"
So in essence you are considering it the programmer's fault that there are no safeguards against players modifying values as they want and no explanations on how not to cheat? He should write code so values which are impossible to get in game should not lead to crashing? He should consider all possible scenarios that wouldn't appear in game whether or not they work and make a handy chart? I fail to see how that would be faster.

The idea of a game is playing it, it is not modding it. Sure, you can have fun with mods (including stat changes), but if they don't work, the game doesn't need a "fix". Unless I completely misunderstand what you are saying, that would be taking time away from developing the actual game for the potential benefit of shortcut seekers who are not even able to check whether their shortcut works.

Last edited:

blblblblb

Mar 18, 2019
That basically goes against the whole point of the contracts though.

You're not supposed to get the perfect score in the first try. If it ended up that way, it would make gameplay pretty much obsolete (with MC's stats becoming meaningless).
The aim of the contracts (which I feel) is to in a way struggle or be challenged in the beginning, and through repeats of the contracts with higher stats (gained either by doing girls' free-roam events or equipping better gear), grow and eventually rise to get that perfect score of "S" after some tries.
Have you ever red what i said? why do u talk about the first try then? i said, once the missions are green, meaning once u finished them several times and 100% them

blblblblb

Mar 18, 2019
I've installed the patch, then started the game, went to sleep and in the morning I spoke with Wilfred...but in the "Events" page there is no "Contract" event to trigger.

EDIT:
There is a possibility that it's a bug because my exp level is a lot more than 100% (actually, Rank 4 - 133.3%)?
I have the same exact bug, and I started fresh with the last update, so IMO it is definitely a game breaking bug

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
So in essence you are considering it the programmer's fault that there are no saveguards against players modifying values as they want and no explanations on how not to cheat? He should write code so values which are impossible to get in game should not lead to crashing? He should consider all possible scenarios that wouldn't appear in game whether or not they work and make a handy chart? I fail to see how that would be faster.

The idea of a game is playing it, it is not modding it. Sure, you can have fun with mods (including stat changes), but if they don't work, the game doesn't need a "fix". Unless I completely misunderstand what you are saying, that would be taking time away from developing the actual game for the potential benefit of shortcut seekers who are not even able to check whether their shortcut works.
His other posts about VN-mode should be waited until the game is almost complete makes absolutely no sense either.
I mean granted, I only play Full Experience mode only so if that gets developed quickly I'd be happy but what about all those subset of players who have been waiting all this time for that VN mode?

Is he saying they should wait even longer for that mode to even start?
For a game that's gonna be multi-seasons (and likely to last at least couple of years)?

LOL easy for him to say, given he plays either through "Full Experience" (with cheat mods) or "Only Story + Freeroaming."
Try telling that to people who are waiting for VN mode (I mean not that I count how many are waiting, but I'd assume there are some of those people as subset of player base of DeLuca).

Didn't took me more than 20 seconds to write a fix, that the developer took months to fix it. What method was faster? That's my point entirely.
He over spent his development time into something, that could've been dealt faster and easier. Instead of PROGRESSING THE STORY CONTENT, of which is still stuck on the same spot after YEARS of nothing.
Dude, you're delusional if you seriously think Dev should change his game just to cater for people cheating through unsupported mods by changing his code or a mini-guide which actually says "Don't increase stats artificially" lol

Let me give you a real life example:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's not the Dev's responsibility to give such warnings.
Any mods that aren't made by the dev himself (either within the game as built-in or as a separate mod), it's the player's own responsibility (that should be basic common sense lol) for artificially raising the stats.
It's the same reasoning for the Code as well.
The Dev does not have responsibility to change the code just to cater for a small subset of people who wish to cheat, if the result isn't possible to get in a normal way and would end up crashing.

And you seem to be continuing to imply Freeroam mode looks to have taken a lot of time.
Well perhaps it did perhaps it didn't.

Noone knows that except for the dev.
But one thing is for sure.

Long time of development especially between v0.07 & v0.08 the dev already explained it was a lot of real life matters getting in the way which caused the delay.

So while on one hand you could be right in that Freeroam mode may have ate up some development time, on the other hand, it could also have not taken as much as one would expect.

Only Hopes (the dev) would be able to answer that.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Have you ever red what i said? why do u talk about the first try then? i said, once the missions are green, meaning once u finished them several times and 100% them
That was my mistake (my bad).

In my defense, waking up way too early without a cup of coffee will do that to me sometimes, heh.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I've installed the patch, then started the game, went to sleep and in the morning I spoke with Wilfred...but in the "Events" page there is no "Contract" event to trigger.

EDIT:
There is a possibility that it's a bug because my exp level is a lot more than 100% (actually, Rank 4 - 133.3%)?
I have the same exact bug, and I started fresh with the last update, so IMO it is definitely a game breaking bug
By Contracts, do you both mean Wilfred's D-contracts?

Contracts 01.png
Contracts 02.png

So you're saying you selected "Contracts" button (on first screen), but no D-contracts show up (i.e. Nimble Fingers, The Painter etc?)? It all comes up..... empty?
:unsure:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
no we are talking about the contract i in the "Main event" part of the journal, the one you have to do to become soldato. i made this poste with some stcreen.
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-deluca-family-v0-08-0-2-hopesgaming.15459/page-1224#post-8327434
"The Contract"?

Did you try this method (quoted my old post)?

I just did a speed run of it (pretty much ctrl fast skip dialogue), and "The Contract" event works fine on my end.

Are you sure you're doing it correctly?

First:
You go talk to Wilfred (select Contracts in dialogue option):
View attachment 1863525

Then after you're done talking with him, click on your laptop, and select "research on Contracts".
After that, "sleep" for 3 nights.

When you're done with that, go and talk to Wilfred again.
Select "Wilfred, I got nothing out of search" and the event will complete.
View attachment 1863526
Above steps will complete "The Contract" event (that is, if everything works properly).

3 Pood

Jun 11, 2022

EDIT:
If you don't have The Contract you did not install the patch. To install you need to extract all of the files from the zip file into your game folder. It should asked you to overwrite 39 files

Reactions: JJJ84

blblblblb

Mar 18, 2019
"The Contract"?

Above steps will complete "The Contract" event (that is, if everything works properly).
Well that is the thing, we never have the contract talk with Winfried to trigger, i didn't try to start again, but i originally started fresh from the last version of this game so i think it is a bug, depending on what event u finish, basically i was doing all possible event available before doing the main story. Maybe i'm wrong about the reason, but i'm pretty sur it is bugged ^^

blblblblb

Mar 18, 2019
If you don't have The Contract you did not install the patch. To install you need to extract all of the files from the zip file into your game folder. It should asked you to overwrite 39 files
yeah you right,i though the patch was in the main game download cause the page is named by the version of the patch.....

blblblblb

Mar 18, 2019
"The Contract"?

Nvm i'm dumb, i though the game was already patched for some reason, cause the page is named with the pach version^^ now that i instaled the patch wilfried talk to me about the contract, every thing seems fixed

Reactions: JJJ84

LauLau

Dec 9, 2017
Nvm i'm dumb, i though the game was already patched for some reason, cause the page is named with the pach version^^ now that i instaled the patch wilfried talk to me about the contract, every thing seems fixed
What patch is this? I need it too

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes