wholef'nshow

Mar 9, 2020
I've installed the patch, then started the game, went to sleep and in the morning I spoke with Wilfred...but in the "Events" page there is no "Contract" event to trigger.

EDIT:
There is a possibility that it's a bug because my exp level is a lot more than 100% (actually, Rank 4 - 133.3%)?

djsverige

Dec 29, 2019
I've installed the patch, then started the game, went to sleep and in the morning I spoke with Wilfred...but in the "Events" page there is no "Contract" event to trigger.

EDIT:
There is a possibility that it's a bug because my exp level is a lot more than 100% (actually, Rank 4 - 133.3%)?
ok but about the contract is in talking to wilfred.... as in asking him questions...

after you done all what i said up there then you can do the promotion contract from the work and in the event tab.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Whity i am talking about the shop that mentioned in the guide it shows that you can buy skills and guns... that part is not in the game what are you mumbling about just because you read one or two words from what i type and then jump without understanding what is exactly its all about.
Because you are making a ridiculous statement saying the game went backwards. The guide is old and as far as what it has to say about the shop it is now wrong. It is still useful for the correct choices to get the most points with the different love interests.

You can now get those skill points without having to pay for them so that means the game went backwards?
You can't buy a gun that you would have no use for up to this point in the game anyway (Plus you get one when you are promoted) so the game went backwards?

Saying the game went backwards is where I have a problem. The game changed it didn't go backwards.

And how the fuck do you mumble typing. :FacePalm:

Reactions: c3p0 and JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Because you are making a ridiculous statement saying the game went backwards. The guide is old and as far as what it has to say about the shop it is now wrong. It is still useful for the correct choices to get the most points with the different love interests.

You can now get those skill points without having to pay for them so that means the game went backwards?
You can't buy a gun that you would have no use for up to this point in the game anyway (Plus you get one when you are promoted) so the game went backwards?

Saying the game went backwards is where I have a problem. The game changed it didn't go backwards.

Looking through his replies to you, I have no idea why he's saying he thinks game went backwards tbh.

Man, if I have to be blunt about it all, while I still loved the game before, the previous Contracts system was bad.
Never do I want to go back to that awful RNG with story none-existent contracts system with almost zero gameplay again.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteyG

djsverige

Dec 29, 2019

well i said backward is because before you could have skills but now you cant.

and and instead of see how easy it is when you just spoke the truth about the missing parts instead of jumping on how i said backwards and that the game is going fine while its total clear its not going fully fine when there is a function that was there and now its removed.

and if its been removed then why they keep the old info instead of applying the changes on all the other links in these two years or so how many updates and none had the chance to make new guide if the creater of that old guide has no time to change it or so.

djsverige

Dec 29, 2019
Looking through his replies to you, I have no idea why he's saying he thinks game went backwards tbh.

Man, if I have to be blunt about it all, while I still loved the game before, the previous Contracts system was bad.
Never do I want to go back to that awful RNG with story none-existent contracts system with almost zero gameplay again.
i didnt play the game before in that time when the contract system that was bad there... so i cant judge...

but i was talking about one thing from my first comment that i wrote here it was all about the shop where the skills and weapons that we can buy that is not there anymore... thats the only concern.

but because of someone's relpy that it been removed and thats why when something like skills that will allow the MC to be able to advance to become better...

then sure i said its going backward.

dont take the word to heart. think about what it meant by it.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Looking through his replies to you, I have no idea why he's saying he think game went backwards tbh.

I don't get it either. The contract update was necessary. I'm sure some people are still waiting on the VN mode so they can completely ignore them. I do like the idea (sorry don't remember who said it) of being able to auto complete the ones that you've already gotten to 100%. That would definitely lower the grind. It was still a great game even when the contract system sucked. :LOL:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
well i said backward is because before you could have skills but now you cant.

and and instead of see how easy it is when you just spoke the truth about the missing parts instead of jumping on how i said backwards and that the game is going fine while its total clear its not going fully fine when there is a function that was there and now its removed.

and if its been removed then why they keep the old info instead of applying the changes on all the other links in these two years or so how many updates and none had the chance to make new guide if the creater of that old guide has no time to change it or so.
Uh, dude. All the old skills books did were basically +"X" number of stats of the MC whether it's attack, defense, stealth or threats.
They were nothing special.

Instead, in the new, much better contracts system the increase in stats of MC is earned more naturally, whether going through girls lewd/freeroam events (which gives +1 permanent stat increase in any of the stats) or increase in stats by equipping certain gear.
With the way progression goes in the new contracts system, the old skills books would have made the MC overpowered as hell, and it was the right call to remove them.

So it's not true when you said it's a step backwards.

And believe me, had you actually seen the actual previous contracts system (which you admitted you haven't), you will no doubt recant the opinion that it's backwards (especially with something which is as trivial as skill books).

Regarding why that Guide is still there, well it's because the guide is massively outdated.
All info about the contracts from that guide is no longer relevant since v0.07 released last year with the dev's contracts gameplay overhaul.

I mean you can just ignore the whole contracts part of the guide (like everyone else is doing lol), instead of saying "It's a step backwards" or "Why isn't anyone updating the guide"

If anyone wants to update the guide that person will.
It really shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Reactions: djsverige

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
Associate → Soldato → Elite Soldato → Caporegime / Wilfred's Division → The 4 Serpents → Consigliere → Capo Bastone → Don (Donna)

From the Ombra mission, it seems to be heavily implied (like with Amita & Elita's convo) some of Wilfred's Division members were former Capos, and given the sort of relationship that each rank has with each other, I'd say those 2 ranks are equal in rank.

While Wilfred in the DeLuca Family is very much respected by all and seems to have the most power/control only next to Cordia, purely in terms of organization structure, I'd say Antonio is higher as Capo Bastone (Capo Bastone is Jalen's position as well, so seems to be that it's the position specifically reserved for the heir).

lol, I don't need it.
For my own save, I already greened all the Contracts (including the Painter).

I was only testing out Cabin Fever's save for him cause it wasn't working for his save.
i was talking ranks Family and sub families

djsverige

Dec 29, 2019
I don't get it either. The contract update was necessary. I'm sure some people are still waiting on the VN mode so they can completely ignore them. I do like the idea (sorry don't remember who said it) of being able to auto complete the ones that you've already gotten to 100%. That would definitely lower the grind. It was still a great game even when the contract system sucked. :LOL:
no i am talking about the full experiance...

but that doesnt mean to pick my choice of words while i meant by them something you even know its true but just you felt to have fun on what i said ignoring the fact of why i said it. which is that the skills and weapons shop was removed.... nothing else so its just that you read my reply instead of reading my first statement that i wrote before that reply to understand fully so you can build up your reply against me or not its upto you..

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
i was talking ranks Family and sub families
Uh I'm a little bit confused here, I thought you were referring to how the ranks would go up for each Family.

If not, I'm not really sure what you mean.
If you're referring to ranking between each Family (how they'd rank in terms of power, territory, money), there's still too little information to get into them (Hopes needs to release more lore).
And with Sub Family, only now we've gotten a little taste of it with Feni Family (Family which Fawkes belongs to) being the Sub Family of the Bonanzo Family.

Just too little information I'm afraid.

Reactions: Joey the mangaka

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
no i am talking about the full experiance...

but that doesnt mean to pick my choice of words while i meant by them something you even know its true but just you felt to have fun on what i said ignoring the fact of why i said it. which is that the skills and weapons shop was removed.... nothing else so its just that you read my reply instead of reading my first statement that i wrote before that reply to understand fully so you can build up your reply against me or not its upto you..
No part of that statement was directed at you other than the I don't get it either. Which was referring to why you think the game went backwards. Which is a strange thing to say when you admit that you hadn't played it. The old contract system had different point requirements in order to have a chance at passing them. Which is why all that stuff was available at the shop, it was needed. That all changed with .7.0. The new contracts require far fewer points in order to pass. Plus they are actual contracts with some story to them. Not push the button depending on you stats you have X% chance to pass or fail. The new contract system was a great improvement in the game. So when you say I can't buy this stuff that isn't needed anymore at the shop so the game went backwards I take offense. I hope that makes sense to you because I have really lost interest in this conversation. JJJ just explained the new system and how points are gotten in story and from shop items as well as earned items. The game didn't go backwards it took a leap forward, but you didn't play it before so you don't know that. You just want your MC to be over powered as hell and pretty much be a serpent in his first couple weeks in the family by buying shit from the shop. Does that really seem like what this game is about to you.

Reactions: c3p0 and JJJ84

justsum

Mar 22, 2020

EDIT:
Have you in stalled the patch (Not the main game) The patch that turns the version to 0.08.0.2.. Its a separate file directly under the "Mac install file link for the main game 0.08" file link and it is called "v0.08.0.2 Bugfix Only" You can check if you have the correct game vr. by saving your game and making sure it says 8.0.02 instead of 0.08

djsverige

Dec 29, 2019
Uh, dude. All the old skills books did were basically +"X" number of stats of the MC whether it's attack, defense, stealth or threats.
They were nothing special.

Instead, in the new, much better contracts system the increase in stats of MC is earned more naturally, whether going through girls lewd/freeroam events (which gives +1 permanent stat increase in any of the stats) or increase in stats by equipping certain gear.
With the way progression goes in the new contracts system, the old skills books would have made the MC overpowered as hell, and it was the right call to remove them.

So it's not true when you said it's a step backwards.

And believe me, had you actually seen the actual previous contracts system (which you admitted you haven't), you will no doubt recant the opinion that it's backwards (especially with something which is as trivial as skill books).

Regarding why that Guide is still there, well it's because the guide is massively outdated.
All info about the contracts from that guide is no longer relevant since v0.07 released last year with the dev's contracts gameplay overhaul.

I mean you can just ignore the whole contracts part of the guide (like everyone else is doing lol), instead of saying "It's a step backwards" or "Why isn't anyone updating the guide"

If anyone wants to update the guide that person will.
It really shouldn't be that big of a deal.
ok maybe he will be over powered but which better to be the only one who doesnt have skills while there are others all around him with skills and he cant fight them????

its like Apes all around him jumping and he is the only human that cant do that lol.

plus how he could be confident talking to any of these women who are way stronger than him, oh dont give me that cute or handsome thing... thats wont be enough if the man isnt stronger then he is laughable. weak. which is hard to accept as a player who cant be strong or skilled then why i am playing it...

what i mean is its a choice that the player has freedom of choice that been taken from which no one would accept that dont know about you if you accept being the weakling who doesnt want to be strong instead of being able to defend and save. and then luna comes and put that statement about him running away which proves my point weakling.

djsverige

Dec 29, 2019
seriously in that guide says at the end of the pages after the missions there are shopping which to buy skills and guns how the hell you got that if the game it self doesnt have that part. i finished the game and the MC doesnt have any what so ever skill other than what he got from the missions thats all, nothing fancy moves or so like all others. and then he get in the rescue the assassins sister and still has no any type of special skills that could help him in his fights or so, even the gun that he has is the only one that he got when he got promoted nothing special???!!!

any explination to that??!!!
this is my original post that been replyed to and then i replyed to that comment. which lead to your comment afterwards.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
ok maybe he will be over powered but which better to be the only one who doesnt have skills while there are others all around him with skills and he cant fight them????

its like Apes all around him jumping and he is the only human that cant do that lol.

plus how he could be confident talking to any of these women who are way stronger than him, oh dont give me that cute or handsome thing... thats wont be enough if the man isnt stronger then he is laughable. weak. which is hard to accept as a player who cant be strong or skilled then why i am playing it...

what i mean is its a choice that the player has freedom of choice that been taken from which no one would accept that dont know about you if you accept being the weakling who doesnt want to be strong instead of being able to defend and save. and then luna comes and put that statement about him running away which proves my point weakling.
He's a complete newbie to the mafia world, so it's only natural everyone else is better than him in terms of skills.
Luna's rank is Capo, Gottardo & "Serpent" are 4 Serpents level, Angelo, Caterina, Amita, Amata, are Capos, Onorina, Gildart etc are Wilfred's Division.
Even characters like Pelata, Biondo, Grey, Joey are Elite Soldatos and are much higher than him.

So it's not reasonable to expect him to be overpowered (whether in story or gameplay) since in terms of this mafia life, he's a "baby" and incredibly inexperienced.

He's meant to grow as a character.
When he gets out of his habit of just "using his cunning to be underestimated" & only reacting to his problems instead of taking active approach to solve them, then his growth will really climb I'd imagine.
But until then it's a climb to get stronger (little by little).

So it's for story reasons that he's weak now, and it makes sense for gameplay to be the same.
I mean as Whitey said, can't have him be Superman/Serpent level from day 1.

djsverige

Dec 29, 2019
He's a complete newbie to the mafia world, so it's only natural everyone else is better than him in terms of skills.
Luna's rank is Capo, Gottardo & "Serpent" are 4 Serpents level, Angelo, Caterina, Amita, Amata, are Capos, Onorina, Gildart etc are Wilfred's Division.
Even characters like Pelata, Biondo, Grey, Joey are Elite Soldatos and are much higher than him.

So it's not reasonable to expect him to be overpowered (whether in story or gameplay) since in terms of this mafia life, he's a "baby" and incredibly inexperienced.

He's meant to grow as a character.
When he gets out of his habit of just "using his cunning to be underestimated" & only reacting to his problems instead of taking active approach to solve them, then his growth will really climb I'd imagine.
But until then it's a climb to get stronger (little by little).

So it's for story reasons that he's weak now, and it makes sense for gameplay to be the same.
I mean as Whitey said, can't have him be Superman/Serpent level from day 1.
which there is other his age who can, plus dont forget he is close friend to jalen who is don's son which means he could picked some skills with his friend oh well its not my story to tell or to care if this game would turn out good or bad soon enough we will see.... but again at least he could pickup one or two skill in these missions he made then maybe it would be reasonable and beleavable....

oh well....

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes