tlhansen

Jun 19, 2018
Has the 8.0.2 version fixed most of the bugs? There seems to quite a few small bugs popping up. I am playing the 8.0.1 version.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I'd forgotten about this game, I may have played it 2 years ago during Covid lockdown. The backstory of Luna was really moving. Is it worth playing now? Has the story moved on? Thanks.
Most people in this thread will tell you it is worth it, otherwise we would have left. (As in other threads there is also some regular complainers)

Yes, the story has moved on. It hasn't as much as the time elapsed suggests because this is not a full time game and quite a bit was dedicated to improving game mechanics. But there's also story advancement (how much depends a bit on when you really played it), main story as well as individual girl story.

In all probability you will have to restart again though, the last-but-one update (game mechanics ...) killed old saves.
As I said before in my previous post, just because the content is not categorized in "Main Story" or "Main Event", doesn't necessarily mean the are fillers and there's no story progression in them.

Free-roam events like "buying Wines for Isabel" or "dancing with Gracie" or "cave date with Luna" events like those, might be interpreted as more of filler-ish events.
But events like "My name is Luna", or "v0.08's Gracie events to get noticed by Wilfred & Cordia's permission to work for the Family" I'd say are pretty much main story level and really does progress the main story (despite the complainers whining saying story didn't progress lol).

Has the 8.0.2 version fixed most of the bugs? There seems to quite a few small bugs popping up. I am playing the 8.0.1 version.
Following post has list of all the bugs which the v0.08.0.2 bugfix will fix.

It was just an issue of level up notifications catching up because upgraded previous saves didn't have that info which was an oversight. Same with the gallery images which should unlock correctly now (there are a couple that unlock after Story 1)

Here's all of the fixes so far:
Patch 1:
* Fixed The Contract not getting assigned when starting new game (this blocks Promotion event and Story 5)
* Fixed "X Quest Complete" notification when upgrading saved game
* Fixed receiving all of the level up messages when you gain XP after upgrading save.
* Fixed issue where saved game might fail to load after receiving an item
* Fixed player level appearing higher than it should be
* Fixed player money display missing in new games

Patch 2 (includes patch 1):
* Prevented the consumable tooltip and the money tooltip from getting stuck.
-If they are already stuck you will need to select the item in the mission mode and open and close the laptop respectively
* Fixed another issue where saving would break temporarily soon after losing health or energy points
* Unequip works properly now
* All gallery images now properly unlock
* When missions are disabled, you now retain your stealth bonus (works after updating even on existing games)
* Fixed the sprite shader which was broken on Open GL ES (which includes ANGLE2 renderer. GL2 was fine)

To install extract all of the files in the zip to game/, it should ask about overwriting 39 files.o not simply place zip/7z file into the game folder, this does nothing.

Please make sure the latest patch is installed correctly before reporting any issues

TedMaul

Mar 18, 2020
Thanks for the replies. Yes it was the "My name is Luna" story that was really heartbreaking and well written. Also a follow sequence where Luna tests the MC's trust with a Russian Roulette scenario.

Reactions: D Dog

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
I gotta say I feel like the whole mission with Fawks was too long. I'm not used to them being so long in this game. The storytelling is making me feel like it's better suited for shorter ones.

But I gotta praise you on delivering with Gracie. Just finished our grinding session and not only is a real sex scene possible in the next update, if you wanna do some content with Gracie again, but Isabel is also someone who can have much content in the next update.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Ahhh, you're right.
He did say, "once the quest is green" (My bad, no coffee this morning can do that to my brain lol).

Than yeah, auto-resolve unlocking when quest is green would be a nice addition as an option.
tried making something like this, but I only tested it on one contract because for some reason the contracts I greened in 0.7 show as yellow but I can't get unique events such as the dog event in Nimble Fingers anymore (0.8.0.1, haven't tried 0.8.0.2 yet)

Reactions: Real Kreten

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
tried making something like this, but I only tested it on one contract because for some reason the contracts I greened in 0.7 show as yellow but I can't get unique events such as the dog event in Nimble Fingers anymore (0.8.0.1, haven't tried 0.8.0.2 yet)
I just continued playing from my save of v0.07.2, two contracts were already green, 3 were orange.
Re-did the ones with orange and got them all to green (now with all content complete of v0.08.0.2).

Astriedax

May 15, 2017
I disagree, and I'm with Carta on this one.

And I think you're not taking into account couple of factors here:

1) The Contracts system has always been there from the beginning.

The contracts have been there from the early game. The first version of the contract was there even at the time of the Beach Prison event (when I discovered this game).
It's not a system that Hopes suddenly decided to implement out of the blue.

It's always been part of his plan to include this system from start, and just took time till v0.07 to fine-tune it.

2) The new Contracts system is pretty much superior to the old Contracts system

I remember the old contracts system. All it had was just one short paragraph and some stats for MC and a very much roll of the dice RNG system which ended the contract in an instant.
As much I loved the game even back then, contracts I feel was just not good and I became incredibly bored with it after 1~2 minutes of going through it and just didn't bother to spend time with them back then.

Now with implementation of the new contract system in v0.07, initially the system took some getting used to yes, but I find it to be leaps and miles better than the old version.

Whereas the old system had just measly paragraph as plot, the new contracts actually have a decent story in each of them (that I could sort of see them as mini-events in a way).
Whereas the old system the gameplay was pretty much non-existent, the new system has those classic old RPG like gameplay elements to it while adding exploration and fights along with gear and stats no longer being RNG like.

People's opinion on the contracts have been varied since the new system's reveal; some like them and some don't.
I like them a lot, but I can certainly understand some people not liking it and just want to experience the VN aspect only (I'm like that for some other games, heh).

But regardless of difference in opinion (like contracts system or don't like contracts system), the new system is a huge improvement over the old one, and saying it's a waste?
Well, I just don't agree with that (besides, as I said in my previous post to you, now that Hopes managed to get the contracts system he wants, future development of these contracts won't take anywhere near as much time it took for v0.07, where he was in the process of "trying to figure it all out").
I have not said it was a waste as a principle. I said if one intends to skip contracts in order to pursuit a more fluid story progression pace, then cheating with mods, had a similar overall effect. Similar does not mean absolutely equal. Of course the new free roaming is a superior version of cheating with mods, more intuitive, more fluid and without the risk of damaging the save file progress.
But, due to the overall similarity between, I believe the development time, would've been better spent on story progression content and that is all.

Also, another thing that worries me, is that now he'll have to code in two different fronts (default story and free roaming).
Which could be very fast or not, depending on how he write the code template structure.

We'll see how the pace will be for the next content drop, and if free roaming may or not place an impact on it. Besides the already spent time of work put into it.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Replayed some contracts, and finally gotten all of them Green.

View attachment 1860208

Before playing the update, my money was $12K, and it dropped to $9K with $3K being spent in the story.
Redoing the contracts to get them to Green (from Orange, which some of them were) topped it to $10K.

I might as well top it back to $12K with more repeats.
Having surplus $ is coming pretty handy in situations like this (and who knows when the shop will have new equipment come in which will further add to more spending).
How do you get the Painter to turn green? I know how to achieve the following endings for that mission but I can't turn it green:
What am I missing?

djsverige

Dec 29, 2019
seriously in that guide says at the end of the pages after the missions there are shopping which to buy skills and guns how the hell you got that if the game it self doesnt have that part. i finished the game and the MC doesnt have any what so ever skill other than what he got from the missions thats all, nothing fancy moves or so like all others. and then he get in the rescue the assassins sister and still has no any type of special skills that could help him in his fights or so, even the gun that he has is the only one that he got when he got promoted nothing special???!!!

any explination to that??!!!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
How do you get the Painter to turn green? I know how to achieve the following endings for that mission but I can't turn it green:
What am I missing?
Okay,

So

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Once you have done everything, the contract should turn green.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
What am I missing?
I did it once the right way the true ending, and then I steal the painting and make the guy at the bar pay for the drinks instead of buying the round. That was enough to get it to go green for me.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Okay,

So

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Once you have done everything, the contract should turn green.
Ok, that first part is what's considered the "true" ending, in which the old soldato dies in the end. I've done that.

The secret render, I've already found previously so it won't re-appear again.

Still can't turn it green.
I did it once the right way the true ending, and then I steal the painting and make the guy at the bar pay for the drinks instead of buying the round. That was enough to get it to go green for me.
Did both of those runs, but still can't turn it green.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Ok, that first part is what's considered the "true" ending, in which the old soldato dies in the end. I've done that.

Is your game patched to v0.08.0.2?

Also, if you upload your save here, I could test it and see if I get the same result.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020

Did both of those runs, but still can't turn it green.
You are passing all the checks correct? For perception or knowledge or whatever and you are exploring every dot to make sure you aren't missing anything.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I have not said it was a waste as a principle. I said if one intends to skip contracts in order to pursuit a more fluid story progression pace, then cheating with mods, had a similar overall effect. Similar does not mean absolutely equal. Of course the new free roaming is a superior version of cheating with mods, more intuitive, more fluid and without the risk of damaging the save file progress.
But, due to the overall similarity between, I believe the development time, would've been better spent on story progression content and that is all.

Also, another thing that worries me, is that now he'll have to code in two different fronts (default story and free roaming).
Which could be very fast or not, depending on how he write the code template structure.

We'll see how the pace will be for the next content drop, and if free roaming may or not place an impact on it. Besides the already spent time of work put into it.
Firstly, no offense but regardless whether saying it as a principle or not, you've been pretty much implying in both of your previous 2 posts that he "really should have focused on the VN aspects of the game rather than the contracts."

Only way for that to happen would have been for him to completely abandon all the actual gameplay aspects and just solely focus on the VN mode (and that's not happening, given he's found the suitable system for his contracts).

Secondly, I think you're getting yourself a little bit confused here with the terminology.

The game is split into 3 following segments:

1) Main Story & Main Events (as the name says, the events in those headers in "Journal")

2) Girls' lewd/free-roam events (a.k.a. Luna/Gracie/Isabel/(and in the future) Cordia events)

3) Contracts (a.k.a. Wilfred's Contracts) though this gameplay system is also implemented to Main Story/Main Events with the missions

Free-roam are the girls' lewd events content (where MC roams around the DeLuca mansion going around the rooms to access these girls' events). It is not what you're referring to (which I'm assuming are contracts).

Not sure what you mean exactly when you're referring to "new free roaming is a superior version of cheating with mods, more intuitive, more fluid and without the risk of damaging the save file progress" but ever since v0.07 released last year, this thread has had many people coming to the thread with the posts

"I can't access the Ombra mission. I used mods."
"Can't begin the Ombra mission, can't talk to Wilfred at all. I used cheat before."

Now you may not have experienced the issue while using the cheats/mods, but several people (stopped counting when numbers rose and rose but at least 10+ people, even close to 20 maybe) have experienced their saves being screwed over by using cheat mods.

So that risk is always there (whether it's to lesser or to greater degree). If people still wish to use cheat/mods to jump over the contracts, then that's their decision, but they also gotta deal with possible consequence of their saves being corrupted.

Lastly, it's not like Hopes said every single update will have Wilfred's Contracts in it (and no, next update will not have Wilfred's contracts content).
Also, Hopes intended for the gameplay system in Wilfred's contracts to naturally transition to the main story, and he did that; first time was the Ombra mission, and then we had the Gracie Team missions against the Bonanzo Family in v0.08.

As someone who didn't really like the first version of Wilfred's Contracts of the game, I'm actually quite satisfied with how everything turned out.

To further reiterate, as Carta said previously, while it's different from VN aspect, it's still content.
Just not the content you (or people who only want the VN part) expect/want.
So even if you dislike it for possibly eating up development time for VN aspects of it (though I highly doubt it would as much as it did for v0.07 development), it is what it is.

Full experience is his full vision of the game, and that will always come as priority (which yes, includes the contracts system).

Reactions: c3p0 and Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
seriously in that guide says at the end of the pages after the missions there are shopping which to buy skills and guns how the hell you got that if the game it self doesnt have that part. i finished the game and the MC doesnt have any what so ever skill other than what he got from the missions thats all, nothing fancy moves or so like all others. and then he get in the rescue the assassins sister and still has no any type of special skills that could help him in his fights or so, even the gun that he has is the only one that he got when he got promoted nothing special???!!!

any explination to that??!!!
The explanation is: the guide is extremely outdated (2 years, give or take) and should not be linked anymore. You can get the basic results of talk interactions during the quests but that's it.

djsverige

Dec 29, 2019
The explanation is: the guide is extremely outdated (2 years, give or take) and should not be linked anymore. You can get the basic results of talk interactions during the quests but that's it.

should i say lucky who played the game then, because now as i see it that the game went backward instead of forward????

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes