keisezr

Jan 26, 2020
With PC, the issues are pretty much solved with the bugfixes (v0.08.0.2 & v0.08.0.3, though the latter one hasn't been leaked here yet), though given you seem to be playing it on Android, you'll need to ask the person who's porting it to android.
i am using emulator on Android .never had any problems.so it's basically pc version

Reactions: kabutoyabusa

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
i am using emulator on Android .never had any problems.so it's basically pc version
The error message screenshot you posted initially says "Android" on top right.
So it is basically an Android port . Not sure why you're saying it's a pc version (all proper PC versions when they get error messages like that has for e.g. "Windows 10" on top right).

I'm just gonna copy and paste one of the Rules on the Dev's discord here:

Snap 2022-06-24 at 17.03.22.png

So you need to ask the person who did the android port.
It's a separate thing from PC version (which dev himself and the coder worked on) and as I said before, PC version has been continuously been patched (with Bugfixes v0.08.0.2 & v0.08.0.3) which solved pretty much almost all the issues if I'm not mistaken.

akasadin12532

Aug 10, 2017
I can't play it on joiplay( android)
I use the old joiplay version, can someone give me a tip to play this on joiplay?
It says loading and just black out.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I can't play it on joiplay( android)
I use the old joiplay version, can someone give me a tip to play this on joiplay?
It says loading and just black out.
lol I play the PC version so not like I'm an expert in joiplay but doesn't seem like it given the following:

Based on the error, the emulator hasn't bothered to support the GL2/ANGLE2 renderers that are a year and a half old. So you are SOL
Joiplay removed gl2 support in August 2021 update and it hasnt been added back since

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Does this VN ended at a good point?

As in for example, BaDIK season 2 (before Interlude was released), it ended at a good enough point that if that's the final thing we got, it's a good enough book end to the game.

What about Deluca?

Reason why I asked is because, I read something about the game being stuck not being updated regularly ("as if" it's abandoned or something like that) iand the reason is because of covid pandemic or something like that.

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021

As in for example, BaDIK season 2 (before Interlude was released), it ended at a good enough point that if that's the final thing we got, it's a good enough book end to the game.

What about Deluca?

Reason why I asked is because, I read something about the game being stuck not being updated regularly ("as if" it's abandoned or something like that) iand the reason is because of covid pandemic or something like that.
There were some delays, but Hopes (the dev) was always here sharing every news and development. Now we have another update, and there are plans to continue with more updates (shorter but quicker).

Regarding the "ending", the next update will close season 1, so we still dont know the way it will close the season.

There is nothing that Hopes said regarding abandoning the game, just some people complaining about the length of the last update, so if you have doubts you can always search the dev messages and have first hand info.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

What about Deluca?

I don't know what you read but the facts are: the game has updated (very) slowly during the last updates and while Hopes tries to go faster, there is no guarantee. Abandonment I don't see yet but the next update could be far away (could also be close).

I also haven't played BaDIK, so dunno the ending, but the way this game is developed, right now isn't really a good spot to end. Quite probably the next update would be as it would finish a chapter storywise, so while not everything will be resolved obviously, there should be some "stuff coming together" feeling in some way. Nobody will know until we see it of course.

So if your idea is (exaggerated phrasing) "I only want to play it if it still feels like I completed something even if there will never be an update again" then I would advise against playing this version. I am however more hopeful that there will be a continuation we will live to see (looming thermonuclear war notwithstanding).

ArroweJustice

May 26, 2018
Hey everyone, ran into another bug while I was trying to save. Happened right after completing "The Bonanzo Meeting". Has anyone else ran into the same issue? Bug details listed below.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4160, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1102, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 983, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 918, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 323, in run
new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 330, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 415, in save
reraise(t, e, tb)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 401, in save
dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The DeLuca Family 0.08.0.3
Sat Jun 25 19:40:20 2022

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

What about Deluca?

Well, next upcoming update will be the season finale, so if you wish to find out whether it serves as a good enough bookend, I'd suggest you to wait till that releases.
But it's already been confirmed by the dev that there will be season 2 (which is direct continuation), so you don't need to worry about the season finale being the final thing we get (and no not abandoned).

Delay in release in recent updates is more to do with real life situation getting in the way of the dev rather than Covid (though he did get Covid once, but made a sort of quick recovery iirc).
It is what it is, but he did say future updates will be shorter yet quicker.

Reactions: Rovenant
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes