JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
How do I get to level 5
My experience at level 4 has spilled over 110%
No upgrade task was received. Procedure
You gotta trigger and see the Promotion event with Blackie to get leveled up to level 5 (Soldato).
Look in your Events Log in your Journal ("J" button at top).
It will tell you all the requirements for that event.

behindmoon

Nov 30, 2020
You gotta trigger and see the Promotion event with Blackie to get leveled up to level 5 (Soldato).
Look in your Events Log in your Journal ("J" button at top).
It will tell you all the requirements for that event.
I can't find Blackie
Is there a condition for his presence

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I can't find Blackie
As I said, look in the Event Log under your Journal ("J" button).
It shows conditions required for every event, including that promotion event with Blackie.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
I can't find Blackie
If you haven't installed the bug fix that's probably why it isn't working. If you have then the journal should tell you what else you need to do before it's available.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
If you haven't installed the bug fix that's probably why it isn't working. If you have then the journal should tell you what else you need to do before it's available.
It would depend on when he downloaded the game. Game basically all (both full and compressed versions) updated to v0.08.0.3 yesterday and today so Bugfix itself is now included in the game (no longer a separate patch file).

If he downloaded it today, then latter would apply (as I've been saying to him, twice now lol).
If it's the former (if he's playing with v0.08, unpatched), then probably best to just re-download the v0.08.0.3 game from OP.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I just took a look at the the compressed v0.08.0.3 and a lot of the minor errors you've pointed out seems to be corrected (except two), though I can't find that exact scene for the line "Who's side are you on" for that Fawkes mission (might help if you upload the full screenshot of the scene where that line is said (not just the text), since without the full scene showing it's kinda hard to find it.
I only took smaller ones so they don't take up as much space - can backfire ;)

From the timestamp of the file it must be close to the end of or at least quite a bit into "the mission". Probably Gracie and Luna arguing about whether Ninja should join in the fray.

Reactions: JJJ84

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I can't find that exact scene for the line "Who's side are you on" for that Fawkes mission

From the timestamp of the file it must be close to the end of or at least quite a bit into "the mission". Probably Gracie and Luna arguing about whether Ninja should join in the fray.
0.08.0.3\TSpecial\sideEvents2.rpy
Line 3327: gc "Who's side are you on?"
Code:
    lu "Anyway, I am far above the likes of Fawkes or any other up-and-coming 'prodigies'. It's good for them to not act based on their pride. They still need to grow."#wibble
    gc "Who's side are you on?"
    scene d111221_102 with dissolve
    faw "Your movements are not bad. Far from it."

Reactions: JJJ84 and Cartageno

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

The ones which haven't been corrected yet (even at v0.08.0.3) seem to be the following:

1) debriefing → briefing
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2) You're → Your

3) Who's → Whose

And one more:

4) Girogio Carone → Giorgio Caron

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The ones which haven't been corrected yet (even at v0.08.0.3) seem to be the following:

1) debriefing → briefing

2) You're → Your

3) Who's → Whose

And one more:

4) Girogio Carone → Giorgio Caron
All nice and dandy, but ...

9479?

And here I thought I was over the top ;)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JJJ84

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Anyone have save error? im around the bgeinning of the game and cant save

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <class 'store.EquipmentSlots'>: attribute lookup store.EquipmentSlots failed

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
All nice and dandy, but ...

9479?

And here I thought I was over the top ;)
Heh, I actually have around 12K in my final save.
Due to large money spent for TJ on the toys and devices through Luna (1K & 2K iirc), before v0.08 I had around 12K which got reduced to 9K, and brought it back up to 12K again through fast grind.

Saving up for the future when more money is used for events as well as possible new shop items ;)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Heh, I actually have around 12K in my final save.
Due to large money spent for TJ on the toys and devices through Luna (1K & 2K iirc), before v0.08 I had around 12K which got reduced to 9K, and brought it back up to 12K again through fast grind.

Saving up for the future when more money is used for events as well as possible new shop items ;)
Yeah, I get that, I could pay the $3k out of my pocket as well and did a couple speedruns with the right missions (West, West, North, North, CTRL skip, profit) but not nearly as much again ;)

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Luna clearly was the main love interest so far though.
It's very weird she only got 1 new event while Gracie suddenly got 9(!) and the others 0(???).
Sorry, but I disagree. There are 4 main LIs so far (Cordia, Luna, Gracie and Isabel). For now, only Cordia was not focused on develpment as a LI. I know even with 4 main LIs, Luna is more loved by almost everyone, but, the others needs some content too. It is more a problem caused by the long time between updates than lack of content, I think.

Plus, it is not weird Luna has only one new event this time, because the dev has made clear several months ago about the 0.8.0 update was focused on Gracie. Otherwise, there is a good amount of develpment on MC's character itself.

It's not the case of anyone has the obligation to be always informed about the development, but, if you want to know something about the game, you can check johnelros posts from time to time.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It's very weird she only got 1 new event while Gracie suddenly got 9(!) and the others 0(???).
I'd argue that if you mean by "main LI" that she had the most content - on which I agree - that it would mean the others need to catch up and she would probably get less content than others.

Also, don't forget that the order in which the events are implemented will not necessarily be the same order in which they will be played in a finished game, so the "9-1-0" won't even be visible.

Reactions: Paco Loco

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Okay, finished the update now, had a bit to do during the last couple weeks. I will keep the stuff in tags for those who haven't yet played all.

Ill answer something you said in spoilers so Ill not ruin anyone experience if the didnt play yet.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
You're not taking into account couple of things though:

1) The game has 4 main LIs, not just one.
Sure, Luna is definitely my favorite girl in this game, and "My name is Luna" gave many folks impression that she's the main LI with how impactful it was, but as Cabin Fever said above, objectively it's not true.

The other girls (Gracie, Isabel, Cordia) don't have any events that are equivalent to My name is Luna, but that doesn't make them any less of main LIs.

2) Game always releases content in rotations.
Hopes always releases content in main story/main events → girls freeroam/lewd events → main story/main events → girls freeroam/lewd events →........ and so on.

Before the v0.07 (contracts gameplay overhaul update, which had 2 main events), last girl to get content was Isabel, which included her events of reconciling with Gracie as well as the Netori events.
And before that was a main story content update, and before that was Luna update with My name is Luna; which is one of the longest events (if not the longest) out of any of the single event so far in terms of length.

It may not seem like it (due to how long the last 2 updates have taken to release), but given Luna and Isabel had both gotten updates in terms off content, it makes sense for them to get much less content compared to Gracie, who hasn't had a proper update for couple of years now.

3) Content is based on what Hopes feel is right for the overall story, whether it's the length or amount.
When I finished the v0.08 update, Given a big influx of events for Gracie (9), I half-jokingly said to Hopes the following, and he gave me a reply:

Snap 2022-06-28 at 07.31.25.png

So as he said some girls may have more at times and some may have less at times.
It will all depend on his planned story.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
wibble has checked some proofread stuff and done his fixes.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts on what they liked and what they did not! Fascinating to see that people are not focusing on one event, but everyone talking about different events or parts.

Anyone who got question loading up (JJJ I'm looking at you), you can shoot, and I'll look into em and answer after I get home from the gym today :)

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes