armond

Apr 26, 2020
No one said anything about a Godmode, just saying it is not a good analogy since the training won't always win against genetics as it was mentioned. Smart, cunning, hard-hearted tacticians win the wars which is in fact genetics and the environment.
I mean doesn't the MC win most of his fights because of his superior genetics?
Logistics win wars, look at the current conflict in Ukraine. Russian three day special operation has dragged on for 10 months because the old adage about russian force projection only going as far as russian rail seems to be true. Not to mention the blatant corruption and dropping VDV in the ocean.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
No one said anything about a Godmode, just saying it is not a good analogy since the training won't always win against genetics as it was mentioned. Smart, cunning, hard-hearted tacticians win the wars which is in fact genetics and the environment.
I mean doesn't the MC win most of his fights because of his superior genetics?
No, the MC's forte is reading people and then acting accordingly to negate their strength and exploit their weaknesses. And as we have seen from the playing ground scene, thats a skill he learned and improved/trained from an very early age. I mean you are basically trying to answer the nature vs nurture question and there probably is no easy or right for every situation answer. Was the MC genetically predisposed so that acquiring these skills came easier to him than the avg bloke ? Possibly, maybe even probably.

Now I don't know to which invasion you refered to earlier, but let's take an example from history, the russian invasion of Afghanistan. The afghan people were always incredibly crafty, hardy and had a huge advantage in knowledge of the land, but they still got their butt's kicked by a better trained, better equiped russian army, untill they themselves got training and equipment and they they slowly turned the tide of that war.

So I guess the best I can say is, genetics can influence how fast you learn and how fast you can adapt, but wether its professional training from experts or a person training/learning by themself, I would always bet on training and expirience over genetic predispositons.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
It doesn't matter what they "could" do, it only matters what they did.
What is shown is that he is immune to that specific poison.
There is no mention of any others.
As such, we only know, for a fact, that he is immune to that specific poison.
We can speculate all day about how, or why, he might be immune to others, but it doesn't change that fact.
So how did his mother know which poison was used? By your reasoning the only possible person to poison MC's food is his mother.... Or do you see any other possibility why he was resistant to this exact poison?

Fact is his mother trained his resistances to poison and that's the reason he survived this poisoning attempt.

Checkman

May 24, 2017
It makes no sense if you can use a number of poisons to be immune to only that exact one used in this case...
The mother clearly knew poisoning was a risk for her son, so she took precautions by raising his resistances to poisons.

The game did not stated he had Mithridatism because Mithridatism is the act of making yourself (or in this case the mother making her son) resistant to as many poisons possible. This makes sense because you don't know which poison will be used.
You only know there will be poisoning attempts.

So if there's 50 poisons you can use, there's a 1 on 50 chance you have resistance, if you train just one poison resistance.
Mithridatism is getting resistances against as many possible, so lets say you now have 40/50 chance you have a resistance against a poison..... So how much chance is there he was only trained to be resistent to exactly that poison?

It really makes no sense to only focus on just one poison, the mother made her son suffer to survive later in his life, doing that for just one poison would make no sense, she was an assassin so she made him resistant to as many poisons possible...
It's not about what is literally said in the game, it's about the logic behind it.
Oh thank the fucking god, someone gets it.
As my argument buddy mentioned it is true and it is a fact that the MC was resistant to a singular poison. That is what we know for sure and I can't really say that it is wrong.
But again it is as you said weird not to gain resistance to other poisons and it is just a theory not set in stone. I think I said for this particular argument that he must have more than one resistance. Must indeed means 100%, 'must have' one the other hand doesn't.

Reactions: vogelbeest

armond

Apr 26, 2020
No, the MC's forte is reading people and then acting accordingly to negate their strength and exploit their weaknesses. And as we have seen from the playing ground scene, thats a skill he learned and improved/trained from an very early age. I mean you are basically trying to answer the nature vs nurture question and there probably is no easy or right for every situation answer. Was the MC genetically predisposed so that acquiring these skills came easier to him than the avg bloke ? Possibly, maybe even probably.

Now I don't know to which invasion you refered to earlier, but let's take an example from history, the russian invasion of Afghanistan. The afghan people were always incredibly crafty, hardy and had a huge advantage in knowledge of the land, but they still got their butt's kicked by a better trained, better equiped russian army, untill they themselves got training and equipment and they they slowly turned the tide of that war.

So I guess the best I can say is, genetics can influence how fast you learn and how fast you can adapt, but wether its professional training from experts or a person training/learning by themself, I would always bet on training and expirience over genetic predispositons.
Technology plays an increasingly important part in warfare, afterall the US providing afgans with stingers is what allowed them to combat russian air superiority. Thermals and satcom/sigint with drone support make infantry warfare of today unrecognizable from twenty years ago.

Reactions: TimHawk

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
AFAIK, the current Serpents are all new.
I believe the OG 4 were Cordia, Rina, MC's Father & one other.
Serpent may well have been the 4th, but I don't think he was Rina's finace, as that guy had his face burned out of the picture, so it seems unlikely he'd still be part of the Family.
Just checked the scene again :D

6b08039d95b2f1b2d43a06838de2e69b.png

MC : "That picture... The man beside mom... Was that my father?"
Cordia : "No. My friend and your Mother's fiancé at that time."

He does look a bit like the Serpent, doesn't he ? :D

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Technology plays an increasingly important part in warfare, afterall the US providing afgans with stingers is what allowed them to combat russian air superiority. Thermals and satcom/sigint with drone support make infantry warfare of today unrecognizable from twenty years ago.
Exactly but the training they recieved in when and how to strike also had a huge impact. Before whenever they saw smth russian - they just went apeshit and attacked. After they recieved training they targeted supply lines, strategic weaknesses, had proper teams with clear positions within them, instead of "whoever is around at the time". Obviously without the Stingers and oerlikons they still would've gotten their butts kicked, but it was a mixture of both equipment and training.

And yes nowadays its a whole different ballgame.

Checkman

May 24, 2017
You are correct here, it is something that he trained. That being said, not everyone can be manipulative like that, they must be born with it. I highly doubt, that I can be in fact manipulative like the MC if I just train it. I can maybe manipulate a certain set of people, but not just anyone.

Just to mention the invasion that also happened to my country was a part of history. I don't really want to talk about because I do not want to talk about it. I do not want to use my country for something as petty as this argument.

Of course that better trained army will most likely win, but the word always was used which means 100% true. Better trained army is certainly more favorable, but is one of many factors that can change the tide of a war.
Leaders, tactics, technology, terrain, weather, morale, instinct to name a few are also important, not just the army.

If we are talking strictly about the army (soldiers) then yes absolutely I would bet on training and experience, because it wouldn't make any sense otherwise.
But what I am trying to say that the most important people in the army are the leaders and tacticians who most likely have also fought in wars and though their intelligence can in lead an army to the best outcome. No matter how much experience you have if you are a dumbass you won't be able to use it all.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Thanks!!
It could well be! So if he was Rina's fiance & MC's father is the burned out one, holding hands with Cordia, then Father & Rina betrayed both!!
But it seems as though there is far more regret & forgiveness for Rina.
Which, I think, suggests that MC's Father is more at fault.
I figured those 4 are Rita, Serpent, Cordia and Cordia's soon to be husband, but I agree that number 4 being the MC's dad would make a hell of a lot of sense. Bro.... imagine if the MC's dad is also Antonio's dad, I mean he is the only darkhaired person in the entire family !!!

Cordia was pregnant with Antonio, caught Rita and the MC's dad fooling around - all hell brought lose, gun to their heads. Cordia couldn't pull the trigger, its her bff and her love afterall, so she banishes them and since MC's father cheated on her while she is pregnant and robs her child of growing up with his father, the MC's father has to leave as soon as the MC is 10 years old and the contract is made. However just so the MC doesn't have to pay with his life for his parents betrayal, Cordia has to promise that the MC will be unharmed during his stay with the family.

Man did I just jump of a cliff and then swam a good 100 miles away from the shores of sanity :ROFLMAO:

Checkman

May 24, 2017
Cordia was pregnant with Antonio, caught Rita and the MC's dad fooling around - all hell brought lose, gun to their heads. Cordia couldn't pull the trigger, its her bff and her love afterall, so she banishes them and since MC's father cheated on her while she is pregnant and robs her child of growing up with his father, the MC's father has to leave as soon as the MC is 10 years old and the contract is made. However just so the MC doesn't have to pay with his life for his parents betrayal, Cordia has to promise that the MC will be unharmed during his stay with the family.
Man did I just jump of a cliff and then swam a good 100 miles away from the shores of sanity :ROFLMAO:
Nah, you made a theory. Which is a fun to do.
And it looks quite good.

• Love

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I think that has been put forward before, possibility of Antonio & MC being half-brother, by the same Father.
Is it weird that it bothers me, that there is at least 1 person out there who is just as fucked in the head as I am ? :D

Checkman

May 24, 2017
Uhm, whichone, checkman? How about a visit to the pub, a cold brew, a game of Bridge and a group hug? Maybe Eiza can give a small dance performance?
Come ooooon, it was just a friendly banter. :LOL:
At least I saw it like that. Love arguing about theories like this. It's fun.
Though, it would be good to go to go out drinking.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
It's not outside the grounds of plausibility.
Don't forget, Cordia's husband - Luna & Gracie's Father - was a bit of a pacifist guy, from what we saw in My Name Is Luna.
I was never here for one of Hope's Q&A sessions, I wonder how willing he is to answer question that are related to the story. I mean let's say we ask "Is the MC blood related to any current member of the Deluca family, all ranks included?" Do you think that's a question we would get an answer too or is that a big no-no ?

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's been categorically stated that MC is not related to Cordia, Luna or Gracie.
But that doesn't cover Antonio... :unsure:
Can't remember exact wording, now. Might just be that MC has no sex with blood relations in the game.
Ask. Hopes will let you know if it's one he can't answer, because it would be a spoiler.
Oki Doki, thank you.

Nikola100A

Apr 14, 2021
Any idea how to continue Business Toys? I've given 1000$ to Luna, spent 2000$ on online shopping, and then I received the package from Wilfred. I am going to morning again, but nothing happens

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I was never here for one of Hope's Q&A sessions, I wonder how willing he is to answer question that are related to the story. I mean let's say we ask "Is the MC blood related to any current member of the Deluca family, all ranks included?" Do you think that's a question we would get an answer too or is that a big no-no ?
You can ask about story. If it goes into parts I can't talk about, I just say I can't say it. But no harm in asking :)
A certain someone has tried many times :3

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
You can ask about story. If it goes into parts I can't talk about, I just say I can't say it. But no harm in asking :)
A certain someone has tried many times :3
Thank you for taking the time to explain it. So now you have until the Q&A to come up with an answer .... hopefully other than "nope, can't answer that one" :D

Reactions: HopesGaming
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes