ArtKing22

Jun 16, 2017
and there is the fact that i don't remember anyone in the game refering to Cordia as (boss)
its mostly ma'am or lady Cordia or Queen C (in Gottardo's tongue) or My Queen (in Catrina's tongue)

but they say it to Antonio all the time
(for example Angelo always calls him boss)
so... yeah

Last edited:
Reactions: Fajlar6

Fajlar6

Aug 12, 2021
Sorry if I already ask this,, but can I post(make) fanfiction story about the game(DeLuca Family) here? ... Because on/In the discord is pretty quiet(Etc)

(Because I need someone else's/people's opinion)

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaPhat

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
the right hand man is called (Consigliere) which is taken by non other than Wilfred

ok look at it this way
if you work at one of the KFC fast food chain resturants
you would call the guy who runs the resturant (boss)
BUT he is not the owner of the whole KFC chain
he just runs one of the resturants
yet he is a boss

so is Antonio
I think you are confusing A boss with THE boss, if you take their positions in the family into a normal company Cordia would be the Owner/CEO and Antonio the COO.

By your logic any Capo would be a boss since he or she is in charge of the members of his/her regime and gives them orders, but they themselves recieve orders from someone higher up, including Antonio. Hell, Eiza and Joey call the MC "Boss", but that doesn't mean that if anyone would walk into the house and says: "I wanna see the boss" that he/she would be taken to the MC.

In the game that's shown best when Straffan walks into Cordia's office while she is away and Antonio fills in. The first thing he asks is "Where is your mother?" and he does so twice, not even bothering to deal with Antonio because he knows Antonio is not the boss.

THE boss is distinguished by being able to make decisions unilaterally, without asking for permission or for anyone to have the power to overrule or disregard those decisions.

The family has many people that fill the role of executives, but only ONE boss and that's Cordia.

ArtKing22

Jun 16, 2017
I think you are confusing A boss with THE boss, if you take their positions in the family into a normal company Cordia would be the Owner/CEO and Antonio the COO.

By your logic any Capo would be a boss since he or she is in charge of the members of his/her regime and gives them orders, but they themselves recieve orders from someone higher up, including Antonio. Hell, Eiza and Joey call the MC "Boss", but that doesn't mean that if anyone would walk into the house and says: "I wanna see the boss" that he/she would be taken to the MC.

In the game that's shown best when Straffan walks into Cordia's office while she is away and Antonio fills in. The first thing he asks is "Where is your mother?" and he does so twice, not even bothering to deal with Antonio because he knows Antonio is not the boss.

THE boss is distinguished by being able to make decisions unilaterally, without asking for permission or for anyone to have the power to overrule or disregard those decisions.

The family has many people that fill the role of executives, but only ONE boss and that's Cordia.
i guess it depends on who you mean by it

for example if you are a soldato working under one of the capo's
and you said (the boss ordered me to do this)
it doesn't always means cordia
especially since its not common in the family to refer to cordia as (the boss)
but when i say (the don/donna) ordered me to do this
now its locked on cordia.

thats why there are different kind's of bosses out there
the big boss the underboss and such
but in the end they are still bosses

so when he said cucking the boss
he wasn't wrong
you just have to look at the facts
the MC is not working under any capo or any high rank members
so they are out of the question

that leaves Cordia , Antonio ,
u can add and wilfred if u want
but in the end he was never refred to as (boss)
so the two of them are bosses to the MC
there is no way to cuck cordia
so when i say cucking the boss
it automaticly means Antonio.

Last edited:

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Yeah and they absolutely are bosses. That's like saying a general manager isn't a boss because there's a franchise manager, and then a regional manager then a vp, etc. Guess what all the employees I've ever worked with have called their direct manager? The boss. You're being pedantic to the point of absurdity.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
i guess it depends on who you mean by it

for example if you are a soldato working under one of the capo's
and you said (the boss ordered me to do this)
it doesn't always means cordia
especially since its not common in the family to refer to cordia as (the boss)
but when i say (the don/donna) ordered me to do this
now its locked on cordia.

thats why there are different kind's of bosses out there
the big boss the underboss and such
but in the end they are still bosses

so when he said cucking the boss
he wasn't wrong
you just have to look at the facts
the MC is not working under any capo or any high rank members
so they are out of the question

that leaves Cordia , Antonio ,
u can add and wilfred if u want
but in the end he was never refred to as (boss)
so the two of them are bosses to the MC
there is no way to cuck cordia
so when i say cucking the boss
it automaticly means Antonio.
I agree that it's tricky and can quickly turn into a discussion about semantics, with Boss being used as a rank and still having the same meaning it has in the day-to-day vernacular.

The DeLuca family has many bosses, Cordia, Antonio, Wilfred, the 4 Serpents, all capos, all of Wilfred's Division and that adds up to like... 50-100 ?! When you have that many the term "boss" becomes somewhat diluted and so does "cucking the boss".

And in all of that boss-chaos the term "cucking the boss" would probably refer to only Cordia for everyone in the family or associated with the family.

So just stick with "cucking Antonio", it can't be missunderstood ... :D

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Yeah and they absolutely are bosses. That's like saying a general manager isn't a boss because there's a franchise manager, and then a regional manager then a vp, etc. Guess what all the employees I've ever worked with have called their direct manager? The boss. You're being pedantic to the point of absurdity.
Oh for the love of god.

Don/Donna = literal BOSS

Capo Bastione = literal UnderBOSS

The mafia is not Walmart, its a militaristic hierarchical system with boss being not just a descriptive term but also a set rank. "Boss" is used the same way as "Sir" in the military and as stated before there's 50-100 people, including the MC, being refered to as "Boss". So when anyone states "...THE Boss" it refers to exactly one person and that's Cordia. You're being missinformed to the point of annoyance.

Fajlar6

Aug 12, 2021
I agree with TimHawk,, cause when I check in/on The DeLuca Family Wiki, about Cordia and Antonio

Cordia's Rank: Boss/Donna

Antonio's Rank: Capo Bastone/Hier/Underboss

So,, talking about "cucking".... Why don't just replace/name/change it with this

Cucking The Bastone/Underboss ... Or his name(Cucking Antonio)

(Sorry, if I say something wrong and I didn't mean to insult or anything/something)

Last edited:
Reactions: TimHawk

ArtKing22

Jun 16, 2017
wow... you guys really take everything litterally...

i wouldn't even be surprised if you said that when Catrina says (My Queen) she refers to the Queen of England
:LOL:

God i hope the next time i say Serpent , no one comes to me and say __"are you blind? there aren't any snakes in this game?"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fajlar6 and TimHawk

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
damn why does his patreon have so less sub ?
The developer works on the game as a hobby, he has a full time job and not as much time as someone who would develop games as his/her only profession.

He also RE-AL-LY likes to relax so updates are somewhat slow and with less content than what one would normally expect from other developers given the same timeframe.

Thus fewer people support him, but it's his choice and he seems to be okay with it. If he were to change that at any point in time and people would catch on, I very strongly believe his game would be a Top5 game on F95 and his supporters would increase tenfold.

He plans to release the game as an early access game on steam "soon" and said he would be more professional about how he handles things from that point forward.

So keep checking in, things might change "soon".

ArtKing22

Jun 16, 2017
He plans to release the game as an early access game on steam "soon" and said he would be more professional about how he handles things from that point forward.
i think he should...
to be honest i have little to zero interest in the sexual content of the game
for me this game is all about the story, its too good.
so in my opinion this game is 100% steam material
in fact he can even write it as a book and it would still be successful

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
"Boss" is used the same way as "Sir" in the military
Not quite.
"Sir", in the military, is given to anyone with higher rank than you.
"Boss", in the mafia, is only given to the person at the top of the tree.
Subtle difference.

The part of his title which qualifies him as "under" tells us everything we need to know.
He has authority over everyone except the boss.
She is not "under" anyone.
Antonio is not "the" boss, Cordia is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paco Loco

EJW

Jul 13, 2018
Not quite.
"Sir", in the military, is given to anyone with higher rank than you.
"Boss", in the mafia, is only given to the person at the top of the tree.

In corporate structure, Antonio would be "a" boss, but he would not be "the" boss.
2nd in command is not the commander. Only 1st in command is.
"sir" in the military is for officers not anyone higher ranked. just fyi.

Reactions: whichone

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
damn why does his patreon have so less sub ?
Eh, I used to be a patron, but then came a year with a single update (I think), plus game went deep into filler territory with quests and coding revamps, while still being basically in act 1. So people started to leave, me included.

There are a lot more devs now then there used to be, and you've got to chose whom to support.

How many quests are there now, in total, with all the development time that went into them? Here's your answer.

Fajlar6

Aug 12, 2021
When I was looking through The DeLuca Family Wiki... There's Detective. So, in this game there are Mafia Families, Police, and detectives (maybe, in/on the next season)?

There's no Delinquents or Thugs(gang)?

(Sorry,, I'm just curious)

ArtKing22

Jun 16, 2017
When I was looking through The DeLuca Family Wiki... There's Detective. So, in this game there are Mafia Families, Police, and detectives (maybe, in/on the next season)?

There's no Delinquents or Thugs(gang)?

(Sorry,, I'm just curious)
for now we haven't seen none.
only time would tell...
lets wait and see.
they still have aloooot to cover before getting into those.

besides
if you look closely at the 4 serpents
you'll notice that
Gottardo looks like a Delinquent/Thug so maybe he has his own gang
Serpent is an assassin / spy / sniper
i can only assume that Cynthia is the mother superior of the church (Because Amata is a nun and she looks up to her)
so who knows .. maybe the 4th serpent is a cop or a detective.
that would be cool

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 493 Votes