El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Alright, this has been going on for way too long now! Attach your savefile and I'll check if I can find the origin of whatever makes it go bonkers and then I can hopefully come up with some kind of fix.
Thank you for your time and help
Save 1 = without mod and just before going to Lucania to fetch the wine bottle= free roaming is fucked up
save 2 = with the walktrough mod and load the game back in time to Luciana to fetchthe wine = the loop of hell

Reactions: TimHawk

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Thank you for your time and help
Save 1 = without mod and just before going to Lucania to fetch the wine bottle= free roaming is fucked up
save 2 = with the walktrough mod and load the game back in time to Luciana to fetchthe wine = the loop of hell
Okay I tried Save 1 and I can't even seem to replicate the problem everyone, including you, seems to have. I finished Lucania and everything works as intended.

Can you please check and tell me if that works for you, and I assume you are running version 0.09.6 + biniki lady fix ?

Checking Save 2 now.

Reactions: El bacca Del Chew

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
The modded savefile is completely busted, but it might not be a problem with the mod itself.

Since so many people have the same problem, I assume that there is a broken version of the game out there somewhere. Which host did you use to download from ? Ill use the same and check if that's the problem, because even when I try I cant mess my savefile up to the point that you all describe.

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Okay I tried Save 1 and I can't even seem to replicate the problem everyone, including you, seems to have. I finished Lucania and everything works as intended.

Can you please check and tell me if that works for you, and I assume you are running version 0.09.6 + biniki lady fix ?

Checking Save 2 now.
Okie, first of all, thank you for everything and your time spent !! Much obliged.
i don't used the bikini fix as it said "Fix for people that play with Gameplay off", so i assumed i did not need it.
i may be wrong and will use it.
The modded savefile is completely busted, but it might not be a problem with the mod itself.

Since so many people have the same problem, I assume that there is a broken version of the game out there somewhere. Which host did you use to download from ? Ill use the same and check if that's the problem, because even when I try I cant mess my savefile up to the point that you all describe.
i used the Mega version one

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Okay, while you check if the save I attached works for you, I'll grab the mega version and start from scratch and see if Lucania bugs out or not.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I have no idea what's going on, I used my laptop on which I have never played the game before, the Mega version, unpacked and played, did Lucania, saved, loaded the save and everything worked as it should.

I really don't understand why so many people have a problem, I wish I could replicate it somehow.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
A sure way to totally and completely FUBAR a Ren'Py game is to shove several separate (and incompatible) mods on it, thinking that you'll get to use all the enhancements each mod promises to give you

Last edited:

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
I have no idea what's going on, I used my laptop on which I have never played the game before, the Mega version, unpacked and played, did Lucania, saved, loaded the save and everything worked as it should.

I really don't understand why so many people have a problem, I wish I could replicate it somehow.
okie sadly i can't explain more and where my, and some others it seems, problems come from.
the most frustrating being that it happens with that particular game only, i played/play a few others and have zero issues. And witness also in other threads some users having troubles where i have none !!
Anyway, many thanks for your help and as i said your time mostly, was really cool from you ! Take care

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
okie sadly i can't explain more and where my, and some others it seems, problems come from.
the most frustrating being that it happens with that particular game only, i played/play a few others and have zero issues. And witness also in other threads some users having troubles where i have none !!
Anyway, many thanks for your help and i said your time mostly, was really cool from you ! Take care
Thank me by enjoying the full playthrough you can do now. :D

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
A sure way to totally and completely FUBAR a Ren'Py game is to shove several separate (and incompatible) mods on it, thinking that you'll get to use all the enhancements each mod promises to give you
Not only Ren'Py, this holds true for many games. If you play, say, Skyrim, you normally will kill the game if you add two mods affecting Helgen or similar. Actually, not only games, also extension packs for whatever software you use.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Was thinking about this game today. Is it fucked up the cliffhanger makes me more sad than Luna's backstory and that's mostly due to having to wait for an update to see what happens. Also probably helps that for whatever reason
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ArashiNinja18

Jun 1, 2017
Updated it for 0.09

- Game Version : 0.09.0
- Mod Version : 0.09.0b

Features:

Unlocked Gallery
• Money Cheat
• Skill Cheat
• Love Cheat
• Rename Mc

ps: not mine you can all thank BrandyYT for the original, i just updated it

edit: no need for update replay gallery still the same
Whenever I click on cheats in the lower right corner I get an error message

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Whenever I click on cheats in the lower right corner I get an error message
Most likely because game version is v0.09.6, whereas mod is for game version v0.09.0?
So unless you get someone to update it to be same as game's version, you'll be out of luck.

But tbh, this game doesn't even really need cheats anyway.
Not to mention, it's safer to play it without the cheats/mods, which may cause variables to screw up and cause bugs and issues for certain events.

Reactions: whichone

ArashiNinja18

Jun 1, 2017
Most likely because game version is v0.09.6, whereas mod is for game version v0.09.0?
So unless you get someone to update it to be same as game's version, you'll be out of luck.

But tbh, this game doesn't even really need cheats anyway.
Not to mention, it's safer to play it without the cheats/mods, which may cause variables to screw up and cause bugs and issues for certain events.
Well I downloaded v0.09.0 and the cheats still wouldn't work. It's a bit annoying but I've been just playing the game legit

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Well I downloaded v0.09.0 and the cheats still wouldn't work. It's a bit annoying but I've been just playing the game legit
Well, if that's the case, then you should take it up with the person who made the cheat mod, cause the dev had nothing to do with it.

And as I said originally, the game is perfectly doable and isn't even that hard with no cheats/mod.

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
Didn't knew what to really expect from this AVN but i really enjoyed it tremendously, a bunch of characters that start as just simple stereotypes you already saw in thousands of AVN "the crazy woman", the "social clueless woman" but progressively gain much more depth as you interact with them with good dialogues.

The story is interesting with its mystery and a well made atmosphere, all mixed with some good "minigame" concepts like the missions exploration , the equipment customisation influencing the mission interactions.

All in all "The DeLuca Family" is truly an excellent AVN, featuring what is the most important to me : good and interesting characters, well written dialogues and good story, and that i put easily in my top10, heavily recommended.

though the "prudens/canus filius" thing for the dev to vent his annoyance with some kind of people around the boards and etc... could have been made shorter as it wasn't really funny and didn't fit in the story flow at that point of the game.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Didn't knew what to really expect from this AVN but i really enjoyed it tremendously, a bunch of characters that start as just simple stereotypes you already saw in thousands of AVN "the crazy woman", the "social clueless woman" but progressively gain much more depth as you interact with them with good dialogues.

The story is interesting with its mystery and a well made atmosphere, all mixed with some good "minigame" concepts like the missions exploration , the equipment customisation influencing the mission interactions.

All in all "The DeLuca Family" is truly an excellent AVN, featuring what is the most important to me : good and interesting characters, well written dialogues and good story, and that i put easily in my top10, heavily recommended.
Good write-up, should put that in a review mate! Click the stars, top right. (y)

Reactions: Regularus

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
Noticed a bug after a certain event
I was in the end of the story 4 "The Traitor" that i had finished a long time ago but was following the various characters chain of events.

I then did the reconciliation event between Isabel and the MC (in which Gracie and Luna will throw the MC into water at first before he goes to speak with Isabel alone), then i noticed when back to the mansion in the Morning the Living Room had Gracie and Luna icons.
But in fact the Living Room is empty, Gracie is found in the bathroom (as usual) but Luna is not in her room (usually at that point of the day she was still sleeping there up to before that odd bug).

At Noon same problem, the icon show Gracie and Luna in the Living Room, but in fact it's Isabel that is there (as usual)
Luna is not in her room (where she was usually)

In Afternoon , again same bug but this time Luna (only her as usual) is in the Living Room and Gracie is NOT found in her room.

In Evening, Night and Late Night there is no problem, each character and their icon are in their correct location.

I moved to story 5 "The Proud Fazio" to see if the problem i was seeing was that i progressed the characters chain events too fast in comparison to the story progression but still it changed nothing regarding the odd luna+gracie icon in living room bug

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes