JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I'm sharing the following recent Dev Post with permission from HopesGaming (it's from his discord);

```Hey DeLucas!

It's been a while since my last update. I hope you've all been doing well :slight_smile: Season 1 of DeLuca is pretty much wrapped up, with the codex finished, the gallery fixed, and VN-only mode completed. Full on work with Season 2, and things are looking promising.

As many of you are aware, I recently got engaged, which has led to a bit of a slowdown in my DeLuca work and my response time to some DMs. However, I have some exciting plans for November in relation to Season 2 content, and I'll do my best to keep you all informed. Currently, no eta on release date and the main prioritize is on my real life and my wedding plans.

Season 2 is going to kick it up a notch! After the explosive events at the end of Season 1, there will be an emergency meeting between the Big Five families. We'll get to witness not only the gathering of the dons but also the crucial younger members of the various families.

In the preview image, you can see Fawkes standing alongside Erico's younger brother, the Don of the Bonanzo Family. This meeting will also feature other prominent newcomers, including Siobhan, for those who remember her!

Throughout the new season, you can expect to see plenty of style changes. Luna is sporting a new outfit in the scene, and gradually, the rest of the characters will undergo transformations too.

I'm eagerly looking forward to sharing all the exciting new adventures we have in store for Season 2, and personally, I can't wait for the dream of releasing on Steam to come true!

- HG```
SPOILER_hgh6.png

Modhunter

Oct 28, 2022
Wow, although I hate the grind, I do like the characters quite a bit and the story has got me wanting more. As I am new to this game I kind of like the blend of old school text rpg with the vn but it to got a bit grindy. Anyways, I love the story arc so far but......... Just finished Lunas story and HOLY "GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES" BATMAN!!!!! I had to take a break, that was ...a lot. Well done!!

CallmeNikki

Feb 28, 2023
In Changelog it says that the issue with Lucania intro is fixed, but not in my case though
Every time I load a save file, it reverts me back to that point
Is there a way to fix this?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
In Changelog it says that the issue with Lucania intro is fixed, but not in my case though
Every time I load a save file, it reverts me back to that point
Is there a way to fix this?
If you're still having issues with it report it on Hopes Discord server (link is in the OP).

midnightotaku

Mar 31, 2018
life does happen, seems that the maker of this game is doing as a hobby. The world building, setting with families and the relationships are all very well developed, but being that this game was started in 2018 and we're not even that deep in the MC's storyline yet.....it's a game where if i see an update, great, if not....there are other, newer, shinier games out there

LoGyMW

Nov 21, 2022
Been trying out this game, but im stuck after i go to the soldiers quarters and then later to the bar to pick up the drink for uncle. After that i visited every node in freeroam but after that nothing happens. I fast travel to home, my guy states ''its late. i better get some sleep.'' But then the door shows with uncle standing next to it, and when i click im back in freeroam with nothing to do and nodes on the map switch around randomly so things are never in the same place. Its very confusing and not i have no idea what to do. If i try to hit abort im right back at the door and when i click im back in freeroam stuck as i was. Not a very intuitive way to move around this game

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
He is doing it as a hobby.
Also, in a recent dev update, Hopes said he will be stopping the production of the missions, which should speed up the dev cycle quite a bit.
no more missions ? but appart from that one story those missions are the best :p

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
no more missions ? but appart from that one story those missions are the best :p
Yeah, recent dev post said he won't be doing any new contracts for Season 2.
Shame, I was quite looking forward to seeing what C Rank brought to the table. Was expecting the contracts to tie into story events, i.e. when we get promoted, new rank contracts come available.
Sure that will still happen, but shame if we don't get the added lore, moving forward.

But, to be fair, it was only one contract that had a solid story, anyway: The Painter.
Nimble Fingers is just an introduction to contract mechanics (seemingly redundant, moving forward). It had some lore, with what the Old Man & Bikini Girl tell about MC's Father, but there's no real depth of story for the mission itself.
Delivery Boy is just a bit of fun with the Sisters, with no real story & Snooping Bonans + The Bonanzo Meeting don't really have any story worth mentioning, either.

Reactions: Fajlar6 and EJW

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Has someone access to the dev post from the 1st Nov and is willing to share it?

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
Yeah, recent dev post said he won't be doing any new contracts for Season 2.
Shame, I was quite looking forward to seeing what C Rank brought to the table. Was expecting the contracts to tie into story events, i.e. when we get promoted, new rank contracts come available.
Sure that will still happen, but shame if we don't get the added lore, moving forward.

But, to be fair, it was only one contract that had a solid story, anyway: The Painter.
Nimble Fingers is just an introduction to contract mechanics (seemingly redundant, moving forward). It had some lore, with what the Old Man & Bikini Girl tell about MC's Father, but there's no real depth of story for the mission itself.
Delivery Boy is just a bit of fun with the Sisters, with no real story & Snooping Bonans + The Bonanzo Meeting don't really have any story worth mentioning, either.
hope they will just get implimented afterwards when most of the story is done. those missions can do a lot for the story but also as you said just be bits of lore. they where fun though.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: whichone and EJW
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes