JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
He is doing it as a hobby.
Also, in a recent dev update, Hopes said he will be stopping the production of the missions, which should speed up the dev cycle quite a bit.
While he said that in the initial dev post back then, the response from some people saying they liked the Contracts missions had him taken aback a bit (he thought a lot of people didn't like the contracts missions originally and didn't expect such a reaction).

So "stopping the production of missions" isn't necessarily correct at this stage.
He's still in ongoing discussion with his Coder Morbil regarding what to do about it - whether to entirely scrap it, or make changes to the contracts missions by simplifying the gameplay of it etc.

So the correct term would be TBD i.e. To be Decided

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
While he said that in the initial dev post back then, the response from some people saying they liked the Contracts missions had him taken aback a bit (he thought a lot of people didn't like the contracts missions originally and didn't expect such a reaction).

So "stopping the production of missions" isn't necessarily correct at this stage.
He's still in ongoing discussion with his Coder Morbil regarding what to do about it - whether to entirely scrap it, or make changes to the contracts missions by simplifying the gameplay of it etc.

So the correct term would be TBD i.e. To be Decided
I didnt know that, thanks for correcting me. This is good news to me, I liked the contracts quite a bit

Reactions: JJJ84

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
So, there will be a season 2, huh ?
It took 5 years for season 1, how many more to fully complete?
Assuming it doesn't change anything around 10 years by simple math with 5 years per season, as I think planned are three seasons.
Hopefully both seasons together won't take longer than 5 years, but I wouldn't make a bet.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
So, there will be a season 2, huh ?
It took 5 years for season 1, how many more to fully complete?
That will depend on how well the steam release is for this game. If Hopes makes enough off the steam release, then perhaps that would push him to turn developing this game into his career instead of continuing it as a passion project.

Homem Hackius

Nov 16, 2020
I'm playing the story only mode and I'm stuck at whatever happens between Luna and Gracie after the "Fly, White Bird, Fly!" event. They're both in the Living Room but don't appear there and I can't trigger whatever event it's supposed to happen.
I tried replaying the game and re-downloading the entire thing but all led to the same results.

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
That will depend on how well the steam release is for this game. If Hopes makes enough off the steam release, then perhaps that would push him to turn developing this game into his career instead of continuing it as a passion project.
I am all for good games like this going on Steam, problem so many are now releasing them as early release and taking years to finish the game. I bought one yesterday for $12 and it took me only 45 minutes to get where the dev stopped. Not much bang for the buck.

Reactions: Vasilji and jock1a

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
If it takes 10 years to finish the VN I'll be close to pushing up daisies.
Well, this is only my opinion, but I would bet a barbecue and some beers on it. Nothing mayor in cause, well, I'm wrong, so I don't end up poor - this is not for all of the over 6.5 millions members, but for 20-30 persons only.:WeSmart:Also travel and hotel wouldn't be cover - cause same reason - so...

Reactions: divingmedic

DirectXD1943

Dec 9, 2022
It really does hurt my head now this game is being made. I mean, I get doing this as a hobby, but so much of it is just ridiculous. The emphasis on side content, only to later decide he may remove it entirely, thereby potentially wasting our time as players and his time as a dev, instead of just making dedicated scenes for a few side scenarios to fit it.
The very long build-up of characters and writing, which (while nicely built) ends up leaving the game feel like it's heavily dragging it's feet, AND leading to development moving at a snails pace.
The idea of the game being a hobby, despite it being one of the most positively rated games on the entire website.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The emphasis on side content, only to later decide he may remove it entirely, thereby potentially wasting our time as players and his time as a dev
Well, this happens during development - you try things, sometimes they work, sometimes they do not work and have to be rebuilt or scrapped entirely. While I am not happy about the removal, keeping something in because so much player and dev time was spent on it would be a classic sunk cost example. And if you always knew beforehand what would work and be enjoyed, well, that'd be nice, but unfortunately life ain't like that.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
  • Haha
Reactions: mahmouedsamy
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes