JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
IF he is focused on Steam release why don't they have it up wishlisting? Or does it not have any approval to be on Steam yet. One game I played on Steam just posted they sold a million copies of their game. Not on sale it goes for $9.99. That's some serious cash there even with Steams cut.
To answer your question (well partially at least), only just recently Hopes got his steam account verified (apparently, it took a while).
Right now, he's in the process of testing the game, solving any issues or bugs.

Couldn't find an answer to my question in the thread.
I started to play v0.09.6 from the beginning and after hours of grinding contracts, have a couple of saves.
Now, when I load my last saves they show the free-roam screen with the initial MC, and after skipping all my progress is lost.
What to do?
Due to getting ready for the Steam release, Hopes isn't on this thread as much as he used to (but I think he'll come back after Steam release is done).

I'd say join his discord server (link is in the OP of this thread), and make a report under Bug Reporting channel.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Just had look at several of the art that will be in the Codex section (revealed by Hopes in his discord DM with me), and my reaction;

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
It won't look good for his Steam release, if there's a bug like this in the game.
It was supposed to be fixed in 0.9.6, but seems like it's still persisting for multiple people.
That will be a lot of pissed off Steam reviews.
Can see them now...
so angry.gif :ROFLMAO:

• Sad
Reactions: Cartageno

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
So a bit of status update for all ya DeLuca soldiers;

1) Testing for the game, particularly VN mode (given it's the new mode that will be available with Steam release) has just been completed. Some bugs/errors had been resolved.

2) Day after tomorrow, Hopes will make the submit of the game to Steam (apparently it takes some work to do the submission)

3) Steam will review it for couple of days.

4) After the game is approved by Steam, Hopes will make the announcement for The DeLuca Family Season 1 - Soldato Edition steam release date (his plan is 2 weeks after he gets Steam approval)

5) Then he will move into his new home with his fiancee and then start working on making a proper work schedule for season two, going full time.

Here's the DM reply to me from Hopes on discord (he said it's okay for me to share it here):

Snap 2024-01-31 at 15.51.32.png

Last edited:

camube

Jun 4, 2022
So a bit of status update for all ya DeLuca soldiers;

1) Testing for the game, particularly VN mode (given it's the new mode that will be available with Steam release) has just been completed. Some bugs/errors had been resolved.

2) Day after tomorrow, Hopes will make the submit of the game to Steam (apparently it takes some work to do the submission)

3) Steam will review it for couple of days.

4) After the game is approved by Steam, Hopes will make the announcement for The DeLuca Family Season 1 - Soldato Edition steam release date (his plan is 2 weeks after he gets Steam approval)

5) Then he will move into his new home with his fiancee and then start working on making a proper work schedule for season two, going full time.

Here's the DM reply to me from Hopes on discord (he said it's okay for me to share it here):

View attachment 3310915
so my estiamtion of this is full time work on Season 2 effectively will start March 1st or W4 Feb but we're getting full time HopesGaming

i hope he doesnt do scope creep like drpinkcake cuz that doesn't lower dev time

RedGizmoDuck

Jun 27, 2020
This VN is good. The saves are broken.

EDIT: Just realized this was a FIXED version, to stop the issue I have. It's not fixed BTW. My version is 0.09.6 PC

Link to Discord =

Last edited:

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
The save system is broken. Blah blah blah.

Most of this post doesn't matter. Read the next post.

TLDR: Love this VN. It has an amazing story so far and I look forward to where it leads. I won't be reading/playing it until it's complete or until the save system works correctly.

EDIT: Just realized this was a FIXED version, to stop the issue I have. It's not fixed BTW. My version is 0.09.6 PC

Sorry for the silence on discord. Gone a bit cold on much of those part for a bit until I'm released at steam and gone full time. Then community stuff will be on full throttle.
About the issue, it's an annoying issue that should have been fixed. We have made some changes at 1.00 version that should remove it for good.
If not, then dm in discord after the release and I will look at your save myself.

About the steam release.
Literally just finished the last part of the steam store stuff. Now I just need to wait for the approval from steam :)

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
And a quick massage to everyone:
I've always said that this is a hobby project and therefore the game is always free after it has been gone through the patrons. Downside is that the time that can be spent on the game is limited, and also hard to get in some work from time to time.
But also always said that once I've uploaded to steam it will no longer be a hobby project and going to jump in it fully. I have been very silent from the community and focusing on my real life to make a mental restart until I make this a proper job.

And I can say that I have just sent in the game to steam for approval! Once it has been approved and allowed to be released, I'm going to make this my full time. I'm genuinely so exciting for what to come!

Also want to personally thank JJJ84 for sending his fiancée to me.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
HopesGaming if I'm right with the Steam recruitment (aka game can't be cheaper anywhere than on Steam), this means that the game, after it get on Steam won't bee free (later) anymore? Or my assumption right or do I have missed something?

And for the Steam release itself, wish you good luck, but I won't be back on the project support, until you've a more stable release schedule. And I know it is your hobby project and so on, thus this is 100% my decision and not because you take the piss out of it.;)
Last but not least, I prefer much more than Steam.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
HopesGaming if I'm right with the Steam recruitment (aka game can't be cheaper anywhere than on Steam), this means that the game, after it get on Steam won't bee free (later) anymore? Or my assumption right or do I have missed something?

And for the Steam release itself, wish you good luck, but I won't be back on the project support, until you've a more stable release schedule. And I know it is your hobby project and so on, thus this is 100% my decision and not because you take the piss out of it.;)
Last but not least, I prefer much more than Steam.
Won't be for free. Not sure on how it works 100% yet, tho. Have to learn to ropes on those parts.
Yeah, that is totally understandable. I also recommend people who want stable release to wait till after season 2 has dropped.

Going to release on GOG as well. Just found out today that there were adult games there!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I've always said that this is a hobby project and therefore the game is always free after it has been gone through the patrons. Downside is that the time that can be spent on the game is limited, and also hard to get in some work from time to time.
But also always said that once I've uploaded to steam it will no longer be a hobby project and going to jump in it fully. I have been very silent from the community and focusing on my real life to make a mental restart until I make this a proper job.

And I can say that I have just sent in the game to steam for approval! Once it has been approved and allowed to be released, I'm going to make this my full time. I'm genuinely so exciting for what to come!

Also want to personally thank JJJ84 for sending his fiancée to me.
Haha you're welcome! :HideThePain::KEK:

Jokes aside, wishing you best of luck for Steam launch, and just letting everyone know, the game's codex has turned out really well! I think people are gonna love it!
The lore in it is just so...... engaging, and artwork of codex is just,

perfection-magneto.gif

Though I guess I'll say one thing about the codex (for those of you all, who have been keeping up to date with this game and all caught up till end of season 1):

You'll need quite a bit of in-game currency to unlock everything in it.
So if your MC is out of money at this point, I'd highly suggest those of you start stocking up money from now through contracts (you'll need roughly close to 3K).

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
About the steam release.
Literally just finished the last part of the steam store stuff. Now I just need to wait for the approval from steam :)
Don't know if you saw, but people are still encountering the save issue where they get reset to "Exploring Lucania".
See here & here.
Might be something that needs resolving, before publishing to Steam...
Thanks!
1707072186293.gif ;):ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

logrent

Aug 7, 2017
I'm really happy to see that the sSteam release and the going full time is going well. Same for the codex, I'm excited to see the game still going well.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Won't be for free. Not sure on how it works 100% yet, tho. Have to learn to ropes on those parts.
Yeah, that is totally understandable. I also recommend people who want stable release to wait till after season 2 has dropped.

Going to release on GOG as well. Just found out today that there were adult games there!
You release to tier whatever on Patr:poop:on at the same price as Steam

but after time passes you are allowed to move down the tiers with the next installment coming to the designated tier. Therefore you are not selling the VN cheaper as far as I understand it. Because I own 2 Steam AVNs that go to free for all after a time.

PEACE

Reactions: Yenod and Talmadge

milos1fan

Aug 30, 2020

Will you be keeping the missions?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Will you be keeping the missions?
Just a bit of update after DM with Hopes;

1) He just got his Steam account verified
2) After he gets done with the Codex, along with the revamped Gallery, it's all gonna release on Steam

and this one, probably many people have been wondering about -

3) He's gonna keep the Season 1 Contracts gameplay for Season 2 (yup, you heard it right, he's not gonna scrap it).
To explain further, while he initially thought about scrapping it, he changed his mind. Regarding Contracts possibly sacrificing the VN aspect of the game (in which he said he wishes he could have done more for season 1), this was his comment about it when I asked;

View attachment 3276052

Reactions: hitchhiker0680
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes