Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Hopes said this in his reply to you as well, the game while being serious, has also elements of the classic cartoon/anime tropes.
That's why there are characters like Serpents who are crazy powers, or why Luna can do all those acrobatics.
It's not supposed to be like Godfather where everything is grounded.
While some elements of the Godfather may be in it, it's much closer to, John Wick films, in terms of criminal underworld but characters having unrealistic dazzling moves, with fantastic variety of weapons.

And this was something Hopes confirmed as well, when I brought up the subject last year:

View attachment 3421415
I tried to convince hopes to have the mc and luna watch deadpool on one of their movie nights. In spite of the fact that he agrees luna would love deadpool, he wouldn't go for it.

Bet she would love venom too.

• Haha
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Toni891 and JJJ84

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
To some of your points Impurity2937:
VNs (such as most focus on the VN part, with no or little sandbox elemts) try to avoid having a lot of states that needs to be checks for different outcomes and complicated the whole thing.
Eg. using only to stats here, that are already in the game - if I'm not wrong - stealth and strength and of course the obvously gun, altough an equiment (and shooting skill on whatever fashion).
Standing before an enemy (no end boss, mid bos, just your 0815 enemy).
So you could fight or not. Of course having a very high stealth would allow you to slip pass him, without notice him that. Or you could slip behind him and if strength is very high or have strength is high and you also have the gun, knock him out. Or you could, if you have the strength simple fight him (in different ways) or use the gun (in different ways)
As you see, f you do it as this: y0 >= stealth >=x0 && y1 >= strength >=x1 && gun_eq == TRUE && y2 >= shooting >=x2
You have a lot of possibility. What is worse, is not the time you need to code them, but if you go with that you also need to maintain the code.
That is why lots of VNs are mostly linear and often choice merge together again and the "real" choice or ending are much much less than the "fake" choice.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
That is why lots of VNs are mostly linear and often choice merge together again and the "real" choice or ending are much much less than the "fake" choice.
So we can pick the red ending, where MC destroys everybody, the blue ending, where he controls everybody, or the green ending where he "synthesizes" with everybody (nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean?). Yes, that went well last time it happened ;)

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
So we can pick the red ending, where MC destroys everybody, the blue ending, where he controls everybody, or the green ending where he "synthesizes" with everybody (nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean?). Yes, that went well last time it happened ;)
Well, here you could possible have the steel ending, the lead ending or the love ending.;)

As this is a story driven VN above all, I say we will get one ending.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
That sounds familiar.............

Maybe a good fan made mod to fix it?

• Haha
Reactions: tslojr

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
To some of your points Impurity2937:
VNs (such as most focus on the VN part, with no or little sandbox elemts) try to avoid having a lot of states that needs to be checks for different outcomes and complicated the whole thing.
Eg. using only to stats here, that are already in the game - if I'm not wrong - stealth and strength and of course the obvously gun, altough an equiment (and shooting skill on whatever fashion).
Standing before an enemy (no end boss, mid bos, just your 0815 enemy).
So you could fight or not. Of course having a very high stealth would allow you to slip pass him, without notice him that. Or you could slip behind him and if strength is very high or have strength is high and you also have the gun, knock him out. Or you could, if you have the strength simple fight him (in different ways) or use the gun (in different ways)
As you see, f you do it as this: y0 >= stealth >=x0 && y1 >= strength >=x1 && gun_eq == TRUE && y2 >= shooting >=x2
You have a lot of possibility. What is worse, is not the time you need to code them, but if you go with that you also need to maintain the code.
Yeah......It generally requires tons of work (as I've said in my reply to Impurity's post), and with VNs one needs to keep their expectations in control, especially when it comes to gameplay elements.

Majority of the devs with AVNs are solo devs (though there are exceptions of some who are teams), and there is limit to what they can do, compared to say, AAA games.

And we all know that Hopes originally had a much more ambitious version of the gameplay but he hit a roadblock with the limitations and had to temper his ambition a bit to settle for the current gameplay system.

Not to mention gameplay implementation took time away from him spending time on VN stuff; which I also addressed in that reply to Impurity.

Damn, I rambled on a lot in that one post didn't I? :HideThePain::KEK:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah......It generally requires tons of work (as I've said in my reply to Impurity's post), and with VNs one needs to keep their expectations in control, especially when it comes to gameplay elements.

Majority of the devs with AVNs are solo devs (though there are exceptions of some who are teams), and there is limit to what they can do, compared to say, AAA games.

And we all know that Hopes originally had a much more ambitious version of the gameplay but he hit a roadblock with the limitations and had to temper his ambition a bit to settle for the current gameplay system.

Not to mention gameplay implementation took time away from him spending time on VN stuff; which I also addressed in that reply to Impurity.

Damn, I rambled on a lot in that one post didn't I? :HideThePain::KEK:
Well the question has already shifted. What colour(s) do the endings have?:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: JJJ84

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017
That's not funny, I like both games. :p

• Hey there
Reactions: Cartageno

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
HopesGaming - found an error in Entry 3 of the Codex. Right at the start.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I thought her fiance & Rina were the ones who betrayed the familyl? This statement in the codex says the opposite. It says her fiance was betrayed, not that he did the betraying.
I think you meant

Think you need a proofreader mate.

Last edited:

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
I'm surprised that of all users it is you (quite active and experienced guy) who writes things like that... I mean, you act like multiple paths and choices or dialogues related to other variables are something non existent when in reality it is something completely common...

Of course it takes more time to plan and to code, probably to maintain too but it depends on coding experience and style. But as a creator you are always put at a crossroad and have to choose between simpler/lazier/less time consuming solution or more complicated/demanding/rewarding one. I don't understand why you guys are so much defending linear path of DeLuca, as I said I'm fine with that if that is what dev wants but at the same time I was pointing things that could help this (or any future) game to improve and be more interesting, simple as that.

I have read your post JJJ84 but I feel that I would have to repeat things I already said but with slightly changed word order to make it look like a new post. It seems we have different opinions and views on some things and I didn't post my feedback here to prove I'm right or change anyone's mind. I said all I wanted to say and thank you for little discussion :coffee:

Reactions: JJJ84

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I'm surprised that of all users it is you (quite active and experienced guy) who writes things like that...
Thanks for the compliments, I should put that in my sig.;)
I mean, you act like multiple paths and choices or dialogues related to other variables are something non existent when in reality it is something completely common...
I only say that this needs a lot of time. And time is among other factors what devs - and we all have - only in limited quantity. I just assuming, that this will be mostly a linear story with one end, yet I could and often are, wrong.
But if we go for that, even include what J³ wrote and would also include "glasses", "knife", .... in such way as you want to have with "pistol" then the possible paths would consume a lot of time (as I've written, I believe most time would be because of maintenance and testing) for what I classified are "little" things.

I see enough games where question like "Which coloured pants to you like to wear?" end in all case the same or the infamous "What would you like to eat?" end with plus or minus one like point for one LI...

Even if I take the tripple A games out of the basket, they all have their limitation, even if the game is more or less free roam. As they too are limited by resources - not as much as a single dev, but still. So, I want the dev, to use the resources for where it is needed the most. If we have eg. a fork where Luna could die or not, I do want it that it counts and not that after 3 paragraphs and some magical conjuring rabbits out of someones hat, she is lving again, cause it was all a ruse from Wilfred, Cordia, Gracie and so on - of course we have seen her dying.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
But if we go for that, even include what J³ wrote and would also include "glasses", "knife", .... in such way as you want to have with "pistol" then the possible paths would consume a lot of time (as if written, I believe most time would be because of maintenance and testing, for what I classified are "little" things.
Yeah.
In a similar vein to that, I previously asked Hopes whether MC's room in the mansion would be customizable.

And his response (iirc), was that everyone will be trying to customize their MC's room differently and it's just gonna take too much resources to cater for everyone.

Such aspect, I think is more often than not only a luxury that AAA games will likely enjoy (e.g. Geralt's Corvo Bianco estate in Toussaint for TW3).

But honestly?
Even with customizing the room not being an option, I do hope that MC's room changes a bit in season 2, in terms of decoration, way objects are placed etc etc.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Is there any difference between season 1 and update 0.0.9? new scenes added etc.
In terms of story content, no.

Season 1 (which is on steam right now) has the following additions:

1)
Codex (all the lore entries, the Families history, history of DeLuca universe etc. They are quite engaging reads)
2) VN only mode (previously it was only Full Experience Mode & Just Story Mode)
3) Gallery is updated with the following to include all Season 1 events:

- Luna Event: Fearless Serpent
- Gracie Event: Work Seduction
- Gracie Event: I Don't Smoke
- Gracie Event: Movie & Dinner
- Gracie Event: Morning Job
- Gracie Event: Business Toys
- Gracie Event: Sessanta Nove
- Gracie Event: Arrendersi
- Gracie Event: Nepotism
- Gracie Event: The Grind
- Isabel Event: TriaQuaedam