anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Woooow, just wow... I failed in love with your writing skills @HopesGaming .

Each character have its own personality, strong and deep, which is reflected both in their saying, clothes and attitude. Even the pace of the dialog tend to reflect this. There's a lot of humors, but it goes with the flow instead of being forced like in too many games. And you use the right character for the right thing ; by example, who except Luna can have made the house visit ? Wilfred would have just named the room, Gracie pointed the useless part of them. But Luna make it unique and pleasant, providing the needed information ; I'll now respect even my own "food area" (I love it) because she's right, without this place, I'll be dead :D
And the story, OMFG !!! One, if not THE, greatest I've seen around there. With such a story, I almost don't care about the adult content part.

On the bad side, I'm not at all a fan of your journal/quest log. It's beautiful and all, but the font is too small and/or too light for this background. With my not this big screen and 47 yo bad eyesight, it's difficult to read what's wrote. Same for the money indicator, there's some place where it's hard to read it.
You also tend to forget the "are" in "you are" (and some other case). I understand that English isn't your natural language, which I have nothing against since it's also my case, and normally I don't complain on the language. But here this omission cause some problem over the game itself. Whatever if there's some mistake in the English, but this one is a killer because of its childish effect.
For some characters, it tend to kill part of the effect you try to provide with the dialogs. For Wilfred, it's not a problem, it give him kind of a foreign accent which go well with the character. But when MC said, "you higher ranked than I am", to Trino, by example, it look childish more than anything else. Same, Luna and her lunatic personality can forget it, but Gracie is way to smart for this. As for Cordia, being the head of the family, I think that you should take special care of her English ; speaking a perfect English enforce her position and the respect the player will feel for her.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
@anne O'nymous
Sadly, I do know that my grammar is really bad and is something I'm trying to improve on a daily basis.
Especially in these kinds of games where bad grammar can take you out of the immersion.
I do feel I get better (especially as the game story progress) but far from good enough and luckily for me, there have been many kind souls that have pointed out some flaws here and there and pm'ed me about the issues and where exactly it is.
The GUI is something that will change slowly as each update gets in. I see what people like and dislike and try to improve it as good as I can.

But I'm glad you still enjoyed the game even with the grammar issue! And thank you for those kind words!

@Fragmentation
Yes :)

@Luka85
Yes, have made a walkthrough somewhere in the thread.

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
The dev should probably warn people that there is 0 sex scenes in this version, and also to stop grinding stats and money for nothing, besides buying the jeans they are useless ATM

Other than that the dialogues are incredibly funny and entertaining, I cracked a laugh a lot of times while finishing this version

Reactions: HopesGaming

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
@Robert Mile
Glad you liked it!

I actually did say that there is no sex scene. At my patreon page. In the section where I tell how the pace of the eroge is going to be. (Changed 'heavy action' to 'sex' for better understanding)
There is a level cap which should stop the grind.

Reactions: Blayo

UYScutti23

Patreon Rebel
Donor
Feb 26, 2018
Alright, i must admit i was kinda surprised when i saw 500 MB for a first version.

So, i played it (i think i went threw all the available content for now, following the WT of Floga Fego, thanks for that by the way), and i think i can just summarize my experience like this :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, i must admit that this wonderful butt is amazing. Round and firm, just a delicious sight. And seriously, when we have the option to grope her (important to do it, and then backup with the ren'py system as it's a malus), as promised, a perfect animation for a delicious butt groping session (i think i'll like this game more and more because the girls have amazing ass and no anormaly big titts, exactly what i love :p).

Anyway, this game clearly shows some wonderful artwork, with very good renders for all the characters. The writting is really good too, and the storyplot is interesting, and also quite new for a Ren'py game.
Another very interesting aspect is that the two sisters have soooo different personnalities, and by different, i mean unusual. That's original, i really liked that too.

From what i understood, it'll be a corruption game ? (hoping for harem later).

For the two main girls (Isa and Boss not available yet, and i've to admit i'm really curious now) :

- For Gracie (delicious ass too, i hope for some gropping too in the next update), i think we don't have enough yet to totally understand her, but the wonderful princess, wanting to have friends by all costs, with Einstein's brain, and adding that the pure/innocent girl that never even hold the hand of a man, that's a mix i've never seen. It'll be really interesting to corrupt her. Just one point i thought was a little weird. She said that holding the hand is already quite a lot, but she's got no problem dancing with only her panties in front of a stranger ? (i don't complain, i liked that :p)

- For Luna, what to say, i'm in love right now. Damn, i want to bang that ass sooooo hard. Besides that, it's an amazing character so far. We have the cold killer with no emotions on a side, and the shy, pure and innocent young girl on another side, that again is really a strange mix, which leads to akward dialogs in my opinion, but that makes the thing even more interesting.

Oh also, the RPG elements in the game are a great idea too, for now, i presume it's more of a preview, but i like the options it can leads to. Really huge potential on that side as well.

Well, great job so far, especially considering that it's only a v0.1. And really, i need to see these butts naked, i hope the next update will introduce some kind of peeking on the girls in the bathroom :)

dparadise

Jul 26, 2017
Ok... How the heck did you come up with this writing? I'm seriously LMFAO here. Luna is batshit funny, love her character on that part. Instruction letter: Don't peek - Cordia... Explosives-painting, pew pew on a pair of jeans... Love your imagination on these things, and hope you keep it up. Cordia actually reminds me of a real actress, Kathryn Winnick
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Looking forward to see this game evolve :)

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Thank you all for your kind words.
The work for the next release is at full throttle and is going well.

@UYScutti23
There actually are 6 bathroom scenes. Need stealth stats for it.

@dparadise
Nice spot. Was actually the inspiration for Cordias look.
(Not at the start, but when I played around with it and it slowly reminded me of her I went that route fully.)

UYScutti23

Patreon Rebel
Donor
Feb 26, 2018
There actually are 6 bathroom scenes. Need stealth stats for it.
Lol and i missed that ?! thanks, i'm launching the game back right away, my dick is already up for peeking at these babes :p

Edit : alright, for Gracie, after buying the second book, that's really sexy, for Luna i'd have liked to see more on her back on the two first level. But still, i'm ready to try to get all little piece of content as possible :)

Oh and i don't know if it's possible, but could you had a function during the bathroom peeking scenes to see the three images for both girls after we bought the third book ?

Da!si

Feb 19, 2018
Someone wanted minigames. Hmm...
There should never be minigames inside a VN.
When I run into those, they'll instantly get deleted.
I'm ok with them being optional, otherwise...no.

Reactions: HopesGaming

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The dev should probably warn people that there is 0 sex scenes in this version, and also to stop grinding stats and money for nothing, besides buying the jeans they are useless ATM
Neither the stats nor the money are purely useless. The stats help you succeed more easily during the missions. I haven't looked at the code, so I'm not sure if it's the stat or the relationship which do this, but it seem to also change the scene when you peek at the girls in the bathroom. And for the money, it help you raise the stats, with both the books and the equipment.
As for the "grinding" part, what to say ? You'll have to perform missions if you want to access higher rank, and you'll have to access higher rank to progress in the story. You'll not become the heir of the family (or whatever is planed as end for the game) while being still the newbie who haven't done a single mission and only have $100 in his pocket. And at least missions aren't boring mini-games so you can do this quickly.
So, I personally don't complain about the grinding effect of this part. I'm more concerned by the fact that you can't change your equipment in your room. But like the most valuable mission is a stealth one and can only be done at evening time, it isn't a problem for now. You end the day with the equipment which give you the higher stealth stats, so you can peacefully peek at the girls :D

This said, changing your equipment in your room seem, at least for me, a "should have" addition. In the future it should let you equip something better before continuing the story ; since you can go full stealth because of your last mission, but want to seem like a real threat during the story. And if @HopesGaming add generic items (like a "good looking" pants by example), it let you change to something more pleasurable when you fool around with the girls.
Even if both have no real impact on the story and the way it will evolve, it add more depth in the "role playing" part. As example, when I had to go with the girls for their punishment, I firstly changed to my "maximum threat" equipment. It was clear that I'll have to be some kind of bodyguard, and I wanted to feel like it.
So yes, please, let us change in the MC room, pretty please ; and also add fancy clothes, I want to be a real charmer for Gracie and Isabel ; only Luna is able to appreciate my bad boy look ;)

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
@anne O'nymous
Yeah being able to change outfits in your own room is a good idea. Especially since the stats affect the free roaming.
The thing about the outfit for the events and fooling around scenes is a good idea but is one of the points where you as the dev need to realize your own limitations. Example, in the outside scene with luna, there is 29 renders. 17 of those include the MC. Now those scenes can take between 30 mins to 2+ hours to render.
That would be 17 renders extra per outfit. I love the idea tho and maybe in the future when my spec can render them faster I go for it.
Should say that the more influence you gain in the underworld the more you overall look change. It's a slow progress but the mc won't look like he does right now forever.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
That would be 17 renders extra per outfit. I love the idea tho and maybe in the future when my spec can render them faster I go for it.
I can only talk for myself, but personally for this particular part I can easily deal with CG not reflecting exactly what the MC should wear. Obviously it would be amazing to see MC's clothes change, but here it's more the psychological effect which count. When I goes with the girls for their punishment, the clothes on the CG don't reflected what I equipped, but still in my mind I knew I was dressed as a total bad ass ready to... well, apparently being put in my place by real men :D
Don't know for the others people around there, but even the regular clothes will look fancier after I equipped my most charming ones. After all, MC is way younger, stronger and charming than me, and still it don't prevent me to feel like it's me. The same will apply here, most of the magic happen in the mind of the player.

It's probably too much works, but you can also go further with this (still without changing the CG). Like I said, Luna will surely prefer the regular bad ass look, while Isabel (who I perceive as a neglected wife waiting for some romance to come back in her life) surely prefer something fancier. So, perhaps having a "clothing" stat, which depend only of the clothes equipped (so it can't be trained).
Then, some events can be triggered only if the stat is over, below, or between a given value. Up to the player, with eventually some hint in the dialog lines, to make the right choice. By example : "Luna: I need your help, there's an informal meeting with the [whatever] family, and I want you at my side. As informal as it will be, don't forget that you'll represent the family."
Alright, a little threat because the DeLucas are bad asses, but also a lot of class, like Wilfred, because the DeLucas aren't some kind of street's robbers. And if the MC don't have the right "clothing level" when he come back to Luna, she said that the meeting is reported... to the day the player take the hint and dress correctly ; by example between 100 (because below it's vulgar) and 300 (because above it's "what the fuck, you aren't on a romantic date man !")
In the same time you can play a little with the girls and their personality. Isabel being in seek of some romance, the higher the clothing stat is, the more chance the player have to raise her attention and trigger the next scene ; going to her with the clothes you were wearing for your last robbing mission will make you invisible to her eyes.
You don't even need to make real changes, it can be just few dialog lines which change. By example, as suspicious as it can seem to Luna, at some point, if you are well dressed to accompany her somewhere, she will probably feel flattered. And obviously it will be seen in the way she great the MC. And Gracie, will she prefer probably guys well dressed, if she think yet that it's a mission, she will complain if the MC's clothes are too fancy ; something like, "how are we supposed to stay invisible when you're dressed like this !". This while being dressed like for a mission will make her jump from happiness, "see Luna, I said it, it's a mission !".

It need the use of high intervals, because you can't go with "fancy T-shirt = 10 clothing" and "cleaned regular clothes = 2 clothing". Else MC will just need to wear 5 pieces of cleaned clothes to have the same effect than a fancy T-shirt, which is obviously wrong. So, the higher are the interval, the less this kind of case can happen.
But, well, like I said, it a lot of works.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes