Harel

Jun 19, 2018
@HopesGaming Ok, I'll post the proofread files here. I marked this one, as you requested. Many of the changes are adding on 'are' or 'have' between 'you been' type of statements. I always used the contracted forms (you're, you've). Occasionally, I reworded something that I felt didn't flow as well for conventional English, or for one or maybe two things that I didn't understand well. I hope the changes work well.

PS, It is... well ...that you liked my 'dispassionate' suggestion.

Reactions: HopesGaming

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I see what you're saying regarding my reading of the Kill/No kill change. I'm still slightly confused by the stat and its description.
I see it more like a twisted sense of morality. MC don't become amoral, he just have a morality which isn't the same as common peoples.
As demonstration, take the case of the cam/audio spying. MC have two options :
  • The cam, which will probably let him see the girls naked ;
  • The micro, which will probably let him hear some secrets of the family.
They both are wrong for any normal guy, you don't spy on other people. But here there's one which is so so so terribly wrong for someone in the mafia... You don't spy on other secrets ! At least not when they are from your own family.
So, what have the higher morality value for the normal guys we are, you and me, have the lower morality value for someone in the mafia. It's better to see the girls naked (or even masturbate) than to hear them talking about family secrets.

Same, as I see it, for the kill/no kill. For me, it's not the fact that you spare his life which is moral, but the fact that you didn't killed him in front of the young miss Gracie. Cordia is strict on this, her princess don't have to join the family business, she's too pure for this and must stay as pure as possible. Hey ! she even asked that they completely clean the rooms of any blood stain before they release the girls ; and I'm sure that it's not just @HopesGaming being lazy and not wanting to transform the room into a bloody mess :D
The reaction of (what's his name again ? The Serpent with the flail) tend to confirm me in my reading. He understand that Luna had no choice, but he feel really concerned by the fact that she had to kill someone in front of her sister. There's something wrong in this, something that should have been avoided. In a way he must even live it as a failure ; he came to late to protect Gracie, not from the aggressors, but from the violence.

So yes, a twisted sense of morality. When you're in the mafia, what is part of a high morality can be seen as a low morality by a normal guy.

D

Deleted member 59977

@HopesGaming This was a very good start for the game. If you don't mind me asking can you please tell me more about what kind of game this is? Is it going to be a story focused game or do you plan to focus more on the free roaming nature of the game where you have to find events? I ask because in the current release there is a good mix of both however in future updates which aspect of the game do you intend to focus on? Two good games that have both these elements but (I feel) focus on different aspects are Summertime Saga and Four Elements Trainer.

- For example Summertime saga is a game which has both - a main story and side content but here the main story has not been updated in a while. Instead it focuses more on side content where updates are based on the story of a side character.

- Another example of a game that has both is four elements trainer however here the main story takes priority over the side activities.

So my question is how do you plan to develop the game? Will the focus be on side content like summertime saga or will it be on the main story like four elements trainer? Also if it is a story based game do you have the story progression and the endings in mind? Or are you undecided when it comes to the ending?

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
@Jad1239
The story in the games you mentioned works a bit different. The story purpose is, in the end, to drive forward the sexual opportunities. So that's why the story can be on hold as there is now enough story content that can be turned into lewd part.

The story here does not have anything to do with the sex but it a big part of the game. Hence a sudden hold on the story would be a big no-no.
There is no static plan of how the content is being released.
But I try to get at least 1 out every release. This next one will probably have 1 big story section and some smaller parts and most of the content will be focused on free-roaming due to the first one mainly was about the story. The third release would then focus more on the story with a lesser amount of free roaming and so on. (The plan, but can change depending on how it goes)
Hope that answer some of your questions, Jad1239.

Stakos

Jun 24, 2017
Ok, this is a really good game. I like games that slowly build the sexual tension and this one seems to get that right. My only problem is that I wished there was a progress indicator with the characters. I also noticed a small bug (???) in the knife quest. When you go to Wilfred the "Talk" tab is grey but it should be highlighted. Anyway, thanks for this great game!

Harel

Jun 19, 2018
Ok, this is a really good game. I like games that slowly build the sexual tension and this one seems to get that right. My only problem is that I wished there was a progress indicator with the characters. I also noticed a small bug (???) in the knife quest. When you go to Wilfred the "Talk" tab is grey but it should be highlighted. Anyway, thanks for this great game!
If you've used the 'Talk' menu before, the button is grey, even in a new game; it has to do with the persistent info that renpy saves. HopesGaming has said that he programmed it this way intentionally. You can still click it and finish that quest.

DonStark

May 4, 2017
@HopesGaming ... simple question my friend, to see the 5$ news on your patreon we must pay 5$ or after someday the post will be also available for the 1$ patreon ?

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
@Stakos
There already is a character indicator. The info pic change once a threshold has been reached.
Not a bug, as Harel said, it's how renpy works with persistent data.
Glad you liked it!

@DonStark
Hey Don, for now, the updates are for 5+ patrons. But my patron page has only been up for 2 weeks so depending on how the people feel and how the 1 and 5 patreon ratio is going to be, there may be a change so 1+ can see also. Still testing the waters.

@Harel
Awesome work yet again!

I recommend people who haven't played yet to download Harel's script and replacing it in the base folder. Lot's of grammar issue here and there. I will take all the corrected grammar into 0.02

Reactions: volto

Piveto

Feb 3, 2018
I'm really looking forward to this aswell. Too bad there isn't much to do at the moment. I expected to atleast be able to check out the girls when they are sleeping, when I had over 80 stealth, but I guess that has not yet been implemented yet.

Barrin

Jun 12, 2017
Can't seem to start:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 281, in script
    python:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 282, in <module>
    renpy.block_rollback(purge=True)
TypeError: unren_noblock() takes no arguments (1 given)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "D:\games\The_DeLuca_Family-0.01b-pc\The_DeLuca_Family-0.01-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\games\The_DeLuca_Family-0.01b-pc\The_DeLuca_Family-0.01-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
The DeLuca Family 0.01
Sun Aug 12 16:37:53 2018

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Can't seem to start:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    python:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "D:\games\The_DeLuca_Family-0.01b-pc\The_DeLuca_Family-0.01-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\games\The_DeLuca_Family-0.01b-pc\The_DeLuca_Family-0.01-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
The DeLuca Family 0.01
Sun Aug 12 16:37:53 2018
Have you checked if you have anti virus on?
Sometimes that blocks ren'py games.
Can you play other games? I have not seen this bug before or with anyone else.

Reactions: Blayo
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes