Donnymag

Apr 25, 2018
Well, I’ve been lurking around this thread for awhile. I was originally drawn by the renders of the girls. I’ve finally gotten a chance to play it. Holy crap, I’ve never laughed out loud playing a game, and once it got going, it didn’t stop! The writing is great! All the girls are very attractive, I can’t decide which one I like best (maybe Luna, because I know somehow, she might whack me at anytime). The mysteries are intriguing. I look forward to the next release, and the one after that, and the one after that...

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
Haha, no worries, it's part of the dev life and I'm still proud of the spot.
Can't please everyone nor will I try. Calling it a feminist game is a bit weird tho. But not something I'm going to dig into.
I missed the feminist part, that's funny. What else could you do, make all the bosses and soldiers male? Yeah... I'd pass.

I wish the ratings were more like IMDB, with a smarter algorithm. That guy for example has 5 reviews, 2 2-star ratings and 3 1-star rating. I checked some of his posts and there's a lot of negativity, fighting, calling everyone patreon money grab whores etc. Like I said... weighted ratings are the way to go. Maybe I'll look into it some day, I'm interested in numbers.

SkyLord2018

Apr 29, 2018
How do you give Isabel the wine. Bought and delivered, but I can't figure how to give it to her. If there is an inventory I don't know how to access it. Thanks for any help.

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
How do you give Isabel the wine. Bought and delivered, but I can't figure how to give it to her. If there is an inventory I don't know how to access it. Thanks for any help.
You should be able to interact with her at night in the living room once you do have it. I believe it was just part of the conversation, but I'm not sure you can do it again after getting Uncle's wine...

Reactions: DanMachiFan

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
I missed the feminist part, that's funny. What else could you do, make all the bosses and soldiers male? Yeah... I'd pass.

I wish the ratings were more like IMDB, with a smarter algorithm. That guy for example has 5 reviews, 2 2-star ratings and 3 1-star rating. I checked some of his posts and there's a lot of negativity, fighting, calling everyone patreon money grab whores etc. Like I said... weighted ratings are the way to go. Maybe I'll look into it some day, I'm interested in numbers.
Just because they're negative doesn't mean they're not valid. There's an obvious trend in my views. I'll drop in a negative review when a game's getting a disproportionate amount of positive reviews that make no sense. Points are still valid.

Not hating on the dev. I think they've done a great job with Renpy and differentiating the game, which usually is a big deal to me. For all the time spent though, there wasn't any adult content. Subjective opinions matter.

Not that it matters to the dev, but I'll consider revising my rating when more adult content shows up.

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
Just because they're negative doesn't mean they're not valid. There's an obvious trend in my views. I'll drop in a negative review when a game's getting a lot of disproportionately positive reviews that make no sense. Points are still valid.

Not hating on the dev. I think they've done a great job with Renpy and differentiating the game, which usually is a big deal to me. For all the time spent though, there wasn't any adult content. Subjective opinions matter.

Not that it matters to the dev, but I'll consider revising my rating when more adult content shows up.
And that is why my point is valid as well. If I understood you correctly, you are giving negative reviews to games that you think have too high ratings, that "make no sense". First of all, how is it that you can decide that all those ratings have no sense? You think that they are paid shills who rate instead of people who really like the game? Also even bigger problem is that you are giving extremely low ratings with sole purpose of driving the overall rating down. So that's why you give it a 1, while in the case of you not knowing what the overall rating was, you would have given it maybe... a 3 or at least a 2. There is absolutely no way that this game is a 1, even if there is no sex till the last scene, it would still deserve at least a 2.

So my point is definitely valid, weighted averages solve such problems as it's not possible to drop down ratings for such reasons.

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
And that is why my point is valid as well. If I understood you correctly, you are giving negative reviews to games that you think have too high ratings, that "make no sense". First of all, how is it that you can decide that all those ratings have no sense? You think that they are paid shills who rate instead of people who really like the game? Also even bigger problem is that you are giving extremely low ratings with sole purpose of driving the overall rating down. So that's why you give it a 1, while in the case of you not knowing what the overall rating was, you would have given it maybe... a 3 or at least a 2. There is absolutely no way that this game is a 1, even if there is no sex till the last scene, it would still deserve at least a 2.

So my point is definitely valid, weighted averages solve such problems as it's not possible to drop down ratings for such reasons.
Weighted averages make sense for larger samples. What you'll notice with this site is that negative reviews usually tend to show up much later when something pisses of the fanbase. There's also a habit of cheering the dev early on that discourages negative reviews.

My criticisms of the game were valid, and I'm sure there's others who felt the same but decided to wait it out. Me switching from a 2 star to 1 star wouldn't have made a difference.

This thread has nearly 60 reviews, whereas dual family has 69 reviews but has millions of views and thousands of patrons. Pick any other popular game. When there's a disproportionate number of positive reviews vs patrons, I sense something's off about the ratings. It may be appealing for some reason that doesn't translate to where it matters.
As someone who regularly pledges for adult games, I think my opinion counts.

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
Weighted averages make sense for larger samples. What you'll notice with this site is that negative reviews usually tend to show up much later when something pisses of the fanbase. There's also a habit of cheering the dev early on that discourages negative reviews.

My criticisms of the game were valid, and I'm sure there's others who felt the same but decided to wait it out. Me switching from a 2 star to 1 star wouldn't have made a difference.

This thread has nearly 60 reviews, whereas dual family has 69 reviews but has millions of views and thousands of patrons. Pick any other popular game. When there's a disproportionate number of positive reviews vs patrons, I sense something's off about the ratings. It may be appealing for some reason that doesn't translate to where it matters.
As someone who regularly pledges for adult games, I think my opinion counts.
Suppose that I'd rate this game 3. But at the same time let's say that I think your rating is too low and just because of that I would rate it 5 instead, to offset your rating. Would you agree that the whole concept of rating loses its point, because what the ratings should be about is the game, not the ratings that other people gave it.

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
what the ratings should be about
To clarify, the overabundance of positive reviews merely convinced me to post my existing opinion.
The review patterns on this site are unusual due to the community's customs. Such as cheering the dev early on. They are not an objective metric that's a good indicator of which game one should play.

Does this game honestly deserve all the 5 stars it's gotten? You said there's no way this is a 1. I'd say there's absolutely no way this is a 5. A 4 at best, if you like every damn thing about it and it made you fap a few times.
There's an objective lack of polish all over, though its well made.
Point being that its valid to say there are many who considered 4 but rated 5, and there are some like me, who considered 2 but picked 1 for whatever subjective reasoning.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Guys - please make a thread in general discussions if you want to continue rating methodology and statistical analysis discussions. It's kinda wandered off-topic for the game in this thread. Thanks

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I usually do not comment on the negative comments and reviews. I read them and respect them.
But I feel I need to address some of the points that have been coming up (to avoid confusion) as well as some stuff I disagree with.

First of all, the tone of the game is not going to change nor am I going to add adult content for the first 30 mins to simply add it.
Secondly, the game is not a story driven game due to peoples feedback. It was made as such since the start.
Just to let that out there.

- *People encouraging new devs*
You claim that the forum members here tend to encourage new devs with positive reviews and comments.
But I do not see that. Merely going through the game section from page 1 to any pages and you do not see a big influx on reviews and/or positive comments. The forum members here tend to be dead honest about their opinion. If they like something, they say they like it if they dislike something they tend to say that also.
You do not need to give yourself this knight role. Don't underestimate your fellow forum member. They will not turn away from bs. They dive straight into it with no mercy.

- *Comparing to the big titles*
This game is still in its baby stages. You cannot compare that to the popular games in which a lot of factors play in.
Amount of updates, time and how the market was back then. Those play a considerable role in their success (not that they do not deserve it). What worked back then do not necessarily works now. The mentality of the market has changed.
Now, go through the games from this generation. A majority is how you want them to be. Adult content within the first few mins. Many are the same as the big games, yet they're not gaining a lot of patrons nor being praised at the start.

- *Not being successful compared to the reviews*
Believe it or not, I actually feel that I did do well. And I am extremely happy and honored that my game at such an early stage has 135 patrons. I do not feel like I failed. Go to the 22 page of when my thread was created. Now go down from there (you can even move up), and you will see how new games are not gaining massive patrons. Even with the majority of them have adult content within their first updates. Again, the market is not the same. With the influx of games, people have a much higher threshold of acceptance on what they're willing to support.
(To add, even the most top patron games took a while before really taking off. Doesn't happen overnight)

- *Not an adult game*
You seem to have a particular view on how an adult game should be before it can be considered an adult game. Which I assume is sex and how *fappable* it is. (And since this is 0.02 I also assume you expect it to be on the first release)
However, I do not believe that the market should be as monotone as that. There should be games like that which are fun and have lots of sexy time, but the market should be explored too.
You need to be able to expand your own personal preference and view and be able to accept that people have different taste and expectations (which is not always an easy thing, I understand that). Not everyone wants the fast fap and be done with it. Some want to be engaged in a story, feel the depth of a character and slowly getting into who they are. The deep connection before the sexual stuff. In their mind, if they want a fast fap, they will simply watch an x-rated video.
This is more obvious with your view of the story. You completely ignored the people who liked the tone and the story and wanted it to change due to your own wishes which indicates that you have a hard time accepting other peoples preferences.
I need to clarify that this section seems like an attack on you which it is not(!) I respect everyone and their opinion. No matter how much I disagree or agree with it. Comments like these are a bit harder to write since they tend to look a bit more hostile which I really do not wish it to appear as such.

Now, I could simply have followed the mass. Made a *sex feast* game, a few stories here and there that involve around the adult content and slapped a ton of popular fetishes on. Would that have made me more successful than I am now on my 0.02? Maybe, but I would not have enjoyed it.

Again, not an attack on you. Just wanted to share my thoughts on the matter.
Finally, for better or worse, I am not changing my way.
I am having a great time right now, and I am happy I challenged the norm.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Rule #1: Be respectful. Opinions are fine, attacks are not.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about a game. Any further personal attacks on anyone will result in formal warnings and thread-bans.

And not for nothing, but if you honestly feel like someone is being over-critical to the point of being ridiculous or even borderline trolling, why bother engaging that person in a debate about it? Ever heard the expression "Don't feed the trolls"?

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes