Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
This reminds me that I'm starting to see posts describing Max from BB/Glamour as being somewhere on the spectrum.

Pedro69

Jun 26, 2018
Yes, and they call that high functioning autism.
I was leaning more towards psychopath.

Psychopaths, on the other hand, are unable to form emotional attachments or feel real empathy with others, although they often have disarming or even charming personalities. Psychopaths are extremely manipulative and can easily gain people’s trust. They learn to mimic emotions, despite their inability to actually feel them and will appear normal to unsuspecting people. Psychopaths are often well educated and some are so good at manipulation and mimicry that they have families and other long-term relationships without those around them ever suspecting their true nature.

When committing crimes, psychopaths carefully plan out every detail in advance and often have contingency plans in place. Psychopathic criminals are cool, calm, and meticulous. Their crimes, whether violent or non-violent, will be highly organized and generally offer few clues for authorities to pursue.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I was leaning more towards psychopath.

Psychopaths, on the other hand, are unable to form emotional attachments or feel real empathy with others, although they often have disarming or even charming personalities. Psychopaths are extremely manipulative and can easily gain people’s trust. They learn to mimic emotions, despite their inability to actually feel them and will appear normal to unsuspecting people. Psychopaths are often well educated and some are so good at manipulation and mimicry that they have families and other long-term relationships without those around them ever suspecting their true nature.

When committing crimes, psychopaths carefully plan out every detail in advance and often have contingency plans in place. Psychopathic criminals are cool, calm, and meticulous. Their crimes, whether violent or non-violent, will be highly organized and generally offer few clues for authorities to pursue.
Psychopaths are incapable of caring about people and she obviously cares about mom, luna and the mc(among others). She'd have to be a sociopath to be able to care about individuals and the other stuff doesn't apply to sociopathy.

Though to be clear they eliminated those two distinctions from anti-social personality disorder.

Reactions: raggedsunbeam

Pelf1996

Jul 21, 2020
She always seemed kinda sociopathic. Ngl she scares me more than anyone else in the family. Also she definitely knows about the mc wiretapping her room. That seemed like a bad idea to me from the start but gotta do it to see them boobies.
She kinda lost me when
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I felt insulted when she went black to that playful tone like come on, dont take me for a retard I know that you already got it

Reactions: raggedsunbeam

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
As a former teacher I have made the experience that many people are quick to pinpoint certain character quirks to psychological phenomena because one or two aspects fit. Mostly parents and kids explaining their lack of skills as "dyslexia" or similar, but also not grade related things. And while I don't want to downplay the actual impact of actual things like dyslexia or autism, mostly it's just that some people are different (and some people look for the easy excuse "I cannot change that").

Autism of course is a spectrum with vide variations and I am not a medical expert, but I do not see it manifesting in her at all. Her whole body language doesn't match, her interactions with others don't match, her presence doesn't match. I see her as a somewhat introvert nerd from a strange family which will have an effect as well.

raggedsunbeam

May 7, 2020
Am I the only one who recognizes that Gracie is clearly autistic which is why she has trouble processing emotion?

It's part of why I love her arc because the mc is helping her to learn how to give a shit(something that is hard for autistic people).
I'm certainly not anything even close to an expert on the subject; however, at first I thought she was somewhere on the spectrum, but the deeper into her story I got she just seems... damaged, crazy, dangerous. Like I seriously had a nightmare about her, but that's a different issue.

I think its more her environment and not something genetic/developmental that's the problem, ruling out autism. Then again, her HOT momma does seem to be somewhere on the spectrum. Crap. I can't make up my mind. I guess I'm just fighting against the idea of finding someone on the spectrum to be as terrifying as I find her to be.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I'm certainly not anything even close to an expert on the subject; however, at first I thought she was somewhere on the spectrum, but the deeper into her story I got she just seems... damaged, crazy, dangerous. Like I seriously had a nightmare about her, but that's a different issue.

I think its more her environment and not something genetic/developmental that's the problem, ruling out autism. Then again, her HOT momma does seem to be somewhere on the spectrum. Crap. I can't make up my mind. I guess I'm just fighting against the idea of finding someone on the spectrum to be as terrifying as I find her to be.
I don't think so. I think it's being autistic has combined with her environment to make her colder than is even usual for an autistic.

But her analytical nature combined with her inability to understand human relations and emotions is textbook autism.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I don't think so. I think it's being autistic has combined with her environment to make her colder than is even usual for an autistic.

But her analytical nature combined with her inability to understand human relations and emotions is textbook autism.
"Analytical nature" is textbook Hollywood autism. It isn't half as common as one might think from the media. People in the autism spectrum tend to have very limited interests and get pretty good at it, however they don't have to be cerebral. And she is completely lacking anything like not being able to talk to people or hold their gaze, which while also Hollywood autism, comes together with the "lack of understanding".

QBaSS

Mar 18, 2019
[QUOTE
"Analytical nature" is textbook Hollywood autism. It isn't half as common as one might think from the media. People in the autism spectrum tend to have very limited interests and get pretty good at it, however they don't have to be cerebral. And she is completely lacking anything like not being able to talk to people or hold their gaze, which while also Hollywood autism, comes together with the "lack of understanding".
[/QUOTE]
You nailed the Hollywood thing!
Apparently in this day and age one cannot afford the luxury of being slightly awkward without someone trying to label him in some way

jish55

Nov 23, 2017

Based on how Gracie is, to where she shows no real empathy, but has a lot of carisma shows that of a psychopath. Essentially, because she holds no emotion when it comes to the pain of others, yet has a way of getting people to do anything she wants while also being extremely calculating is a major warning sign. Worst of all is that, based on what we've learned so far, her mother has tried to keep her out of this type of life, yet she still turned out like this, and since we don't know anything about her childhood except for what we're told, that means that Gracie, even though not being surrounded by death, may have always been this way.

As for her mom, I don't think she's the same and unlike Gracie is definitely like this based on her environment and upbringing.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Based on how Gracie is, to where she shows no real empathy, but has a lot of carisma shows that of a psychopath. Essentially, because she holds no emotion when it comes to the pain of others, yet has a way of getting people to do anything she wants while also being extremely calculating is a major warning sign. Worst of all is that, based on what we've learned so far, her mother has tried to keep her out of this type of life, yet she still turned out like this, and since we don't know anything about her childhood except for what we're told, that means that Gracie, even though not being surrounded by death, may have always been this way.

As for her mom, I don't think she's the same and unlike Gracie is definitely like this based on her environment and upbringing.
We still have to findout about this Forest thing with her! Remember the conversation in the office!?

Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
We still have to findout about this Forest thing with her! Remember the conversation in the office!?
While I could be wrong, I'm guessing as MC rises in ranks, there will come a time in the future where he will have to execute someone in the Forest.
I wonder whether choice will be given in the matter (in which it affects "Dispassion" [morality]). :unsure:

Reactions: JeefZ

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Autism of course is a spectrum with vide variations and I am not a medical expert, but I do not see it manifesting in her at all. Her whole body language doesn't match, her interactions with others don't match, her presence doesn't match. I see her as a somewhat introvert nerd from a strange family which will have an effect as well.
An introverted nerd who is unfazed by death and Gore.

Luna is properly fucked up because of you know what so it makes sense when she empties an entire magazine into someone. Her crimes are crimes of passion. On the other hand Gracie has been kept away from the violence her entire life and although losing your sister and father would cause immense mental strain, I doubt it's just trauma or autism that can make one completely nonchalant to not only death and violence but sometimes even being the cause for that death.

She scares me like no one else in the game.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
how long does it normally take to release a new update?
This is what's said on the FAQs of the Dev's Patreon page:

Q. How long does an update take?
A. It is hard to give a precise answer as a lot of factors play into it. But I usually try to keep it in the two months frame. Sometimes it can be faster sometimes it can take a bit longer.
Sadly, it is an impossible thing to give an estimation on. This is my hobby and real life can tend to take priority when needed. Under 3-4 months is what would be realistic. 3 is the goal.
But I have had updates taken a lot more. That I want to improve, but alas, it can tend to happen. Hopefully in the future I am in a comfortable enough spot to go full time on this project! But for now- there is no guarantee for monthly or even bi-monthly releases.

He did say the following in his most recent Dev post though:

Another thing I am planning is making shorter updates and faster releases instead of my current long updates with longer updates. Just to test the waters and see how you guys will like that instead. But even then, there will be times that will be changed if there will be events at the length of 'My Name Is Luna', those takes a damn long time to make but are also rare events.
This has nothing to do with the current update as this is a major game change and I take my time on it.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
An introverted nerd who is unfazed by death and Gore.

Luna is properly fucked up because of you know what so it makes sense when she empties an entire magazine into someone. Her crimes are crimes of passion. On the other hand Gracie has been kept away from the violence her entire life and although losing your sister and father would cause immense mental strain, I doubt it's just trauma or autism that can make one completely nonchalant to not only death and violence but sometimes even being the cause for that death.

She scares me like no one else in the game.
Most definitely, and why I brought up Gracie probably being a psychopath due to that lack of emotion towards the pain of others while also being extremely charismatic and calculating. As for Luna, she's definitely not insane, but has severe ptsd due to her experiences, and as such what we see are major defense mechanisms to protect her mentally from having to relive that pain she had to endure.

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
From what we know, Gracie has been isolated from everyone outside her family all her life, friends nope, not until she met the MC, everyone she knew was part of the family, and even then she wasn't allowed to be a part of family dealings because her mother didn't want her to become like herself, sadly by doing that Gracie became more like her in the long run, which Cordelia has mentioned.
She wants to be a part of her family, especially since this newcomer, the MC, is already allowed to do all the stuff that would make her feel more like a family member, does she love violence, not from what ive seen(Except that one question incident during their "Mission"), she just wants to be a part of things, isolation from all you have ever known is making her react how she does.
She's learn't more from the MC about being a person, and everything else in the time he has been with the family then she had learn't in the years leading up to his arrival, except maths of-course, shes loves maths.

Isabella seems to be the most normal one in the family, then Gracie, then Wilfrid (I know strange that I put her before him right), then Luna and Cordelia, I dont know where id put Antonio in the normality stakes, we just dont know enough about him and his mother, but we do know they both have... Histories.

I dont think Gracie is a Psychopath, Autistic or anything like that, she just doesnt understand people, too isolated.
Just like I dont think Luna is a lunatic, considering what shes been through shes lucky she got the contact Gracie missed out on, if she hadn't had that human contact, she would be insane, or dead, or both.

4.40 star(s) 492 Votes