JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Actually, for their reaction score they would get the full effect with facepalms. But it just may be plain old trolling. Not liking a game - prefectly fine. But coming to some forum which is naturally mostly frequented by fans and saying "everything about what you like is meh" of course isn't helpful at all, even if the original question were to be "Can you explain to me what you like about it?". Which often is impossible to answer. Why do I like pasta aglio e olio? Well, it pleases me. I can answer more specific questions sometimes, like why I prefer Giuseppe's pasta to Francesco's - Giuseppe's has more garlic, which gives the right ting to it.

So if you want to understand why people like something you don't (just in case, I still have the theory of "poor man's trolling" about the poster), give a point of reference. "I like 'The Piroli Family' and that has way more real Mafia themes in game." - which of course may be still difficult to answer, because some of us may like The Piroli Family as well, some of us may just not care for the Mafia theme, but at least there is a point of reference, and we may help them - Piroli is a VN, this is a sandbox, which may be where his troubles with the game already start.
True, guess I haven't thought of their reaction score. I personally don't pay that much attention to it, even though I admit it does bring me a little bit of smile sometimes when I reach certain positive landmarks.
And good explanation using the example.

So when will we have a new update?
View attachment 856981

Hey DeLucas

Hope you're all are doing well.
Had birthday and celebrated it with the family.
Enough about me! We're all here for the DeLuca project!

I've finally can say that I feel I got the new gameplay and stuff under control. As you all know I don't do ETA's until a few days before release (and I still won't change that) but I can say that I am planning to have everything ready next month.
Right now it is just finishing the events.

Another thing I am planning is making shorter updates and faster releases instead of my current long updates with longer updates. Just to test the waters and see how you guys will like that instead. But even then, there will be times that will be changed if there will be events at the length of 'My Name Is Luna', those takes a damn long time to make but are also rare events.
This has nothing to do with the current update as this is a major game change and I take my time on it.
And regarding the current game play, there will be fight segments that are totally my own style of doing (Afaik). I will heavily monitor how you guys will like the new fight game play (and overall gameplay on that matter) and then I will change depending on what y'all say.
Changing stuff in the new game play will not ruin old save game luckily.

Quasi-Capo vs Newbie Soldato

-HG

Oh, as a birthday gift to all of you there will be an amazing Luna render (2d art) made by an amazing artist.
This has nothing to do with my birthday but I am going to act like it is, hehe.

Since the fight gameplay hasn't been revealed yet, I am quite curious as to what it would be like. What do you guys all think it would be like? Anyone care to guess, using possibly examples (from any games, doesn't neccesarily need to be adult game)?

Reactions: Londo_Mollari

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
dont understand why so high ratings. awful renders , mediocre plot, girls and gameplay
The only thing you never understand is that each player has different tastes and preferences. There will never be a game that pleases 100% of the players. It will never get into your head guys. By the way, I like the renders but I respect your opinion.

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
Why can't they add a thumbs down button. Just for what you just said.
There is something similar but not exactly, and honestly, I'm very glad that it doesn't exist in F95 cuz the haters of some games/fetishes would spend the day creating accounts to misuse that function.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
There is something similar but not exactly, and honestly, I'm very glad that it doesn't exist in F95 cuz the haters of some games/fetishes would spend the day creating accounts to misuse that function.
Considering that I know (on another thread) accounts which only exist to facepalm side A of a discussion and thumbs up side B, while never posting and explaining themselves, I am afraid you are right.

Reactions: TundraLupus

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
Considering that I know (on another thread) accounts which only exist to facepalm side A of a discussion and thumbs up side B, while never posting and explaining themselves, I am afraid you are right.
You've no idea what some users are able to do to mess a thread even without such function.

otronegro

Jan 24, 2020
Man having to replay this game won't be easy, no fucking way I'm going thru Lunas backstory again, that shit was HEAVY. I'm taking the TLDR this time.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Man having to replay this game won't be easy, no fucking way I'm going thru Lunas backstory again, that shit was HEAVY. I'm taking the TLDR this time.
Well, you know there is the option of choosing the shorter version right? And yes, you can always use the ctrl skip function in the settings as well, if that's what you really wish to do (even though that's not something I would do).

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Well, you know there is the option of choosing the shorter version right? And yes, you can always use the ctrl skip function in the settings as well, if that's what you really wish to do (even though that's not something I would do).
Once through was enough for that one, thank you.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
However, since this is gonna be a major remake, odds are that CTRL skip will only work if specifically enabled, since probably Ren'Py will treat all dialogue as new.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
However, since this is gonna be a major remake, odds are that CTRL skip will only work if specifically enabled, since probably Ren'Py will treat all dialogue as new.
Yeah of course. I'm just giving these replies (to other people) assuming those people will just skip 99% of the events they've already seen (by using "skip everything" i.e. unseen texts), and only stopping to see Wilfred's contracts (the remake), and Eiza's sister rescue mission (new update + gameplay).

That doesn't apply to me though. I'm just gonna take my time getting through all these events (even though I've seen them more than once), just cause I really enjoy the story & I somehow perhaps hope to catch something I may have missed first time when I saw these events.

Reactions: Haast

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yeah of course. I'm just giving these replies (to other people) assuming those people will just skip 99% of the events they've already seen (by using "skip everything" i.e. unseen texts), and only stopping to see Wilfred's contracts (the remake), and Eiza's sister rescue mission (new update + gameplay).

That doesn't apply to me though. I'm just gonna take my time getting through all these events (even though I've seen them more than once), just cause I really enjoy the story & I somehow perhaps hope to catch something I may have missed first time when I saw these events.
I will, too. Especially the last reason, some things you didn't really figure out before suddenly makes sense. Always nice.

Reactions: JJJ84

Deleted member 1906916

Jan 1, 2020
So is this gone be reworked this vn good as it is hope they don't change to much. I hope they don't change or remove Lunas back story cause it make the players understand why she behaves like she dose

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
So is this gone be reworked this vn good as it is hope they don't change to much. I hope they don't change or remove Lunas back story cause it make the players understand why she behaves like she dose
As far as has been said, the story so far will stay intact, give or take a line of dialogue. Main thing is the contracts, which so far are a text screen and a RNG result, being switched out for some actual gameplay. Most definitely Luna will stay Luna and still have the same reasons for being Luna as before. So there should be no worries on that end. How the new gameplay approach will turn out we'll have to wait and see.

Deleted member 1906916

Jan 1, 2020
As far as has been said, the story so far will stay intact, give or take a line of dialogue. Main thing is the contracts, which so far are a text screen and a RNG result, being switched out for some actual gameplay. Most definitely Luna will stay Luna and still have the same reasons for being Luna as before. So there should be no worries on that end. How the new gameplay approach will turn out we'll have to wait and see.
ok thanks for the reply looking forward to c how that plays out

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Cartagano explained it well above, and I thought I'd add to what he said:

- all contracts you get from Wilfred will be basically revamped with new gameplay
- these contracts actually have storylines as well, which are for most part independent from game's main story, & the main girls' events (i.e. their freeroam/lewd events)
- there is a new map of Lucania where MC seems to be able to navigate when he's on a contract.
- the same gameplay system used in the contracts will also be applied for the main story as well (from now on) when MC goes on missions for the Family (e.g. as shown in the upcoming Eiza's sister rescue stealth mission against the Ombra Family)
- there is also a fighting mechanic within the new gameplay (for both contracts & missions).

Not sure whether that's all there is, but that's what I can remember.

There's also a Lore section which will be coming, but since the upcoming update (0.07.) is huge (with a lot of new things), I think Hopes (the Dev) is postponing it to a later update.

Pelf1996

Jul 21, 2020

- all contracts you get from Wilfred will be basically revamped with new gameplay
- these contracts actually have storylines as well, which are for most part independent from game's main story, & the main girls' events (i.e. their freeroam/lewd events)
- there is a new map of Lucania where MC seems to be able to navigate when he's on a contract.
- the same gameplay system used in the contracts will also be applied for the main story as well (from now on) when MC goes on missions for the Family (e.g. as shown in the upcoming Eiza's sister rescue stealth mission against the Ombra Family)
- there is also a fighting mechanic within the new gameplay (for both contracts & missions).

There's also a Lore section which will be coming, but since the upcoming update (0.07.) is huge (with a lot of new things), I think Hopes (the Dev) is postponing it to a later update.
I really like the game so far but I'm gonna be honest that many changes make me afraid of how much stuff the dev will need to work on to keep the game going forward. Hope it all works out but damn.

Reactions: JJJ84

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020

I'm actually excited about this since it won't become a run around town to get next event type of gameplay, the limited free roam appeal to far move in VN's than the normal sandbox

Edit: The only sad thing is losing all my equipment, it took me a long time and tab skip RGN to buy everything in the store and get my stats just right.

Reactions: Cartageno and JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Forgot to add one more thing in the comment above

- rewards for the contracts will be money + renders (some of them very naughty, Hopes said).

I really like the game so far but I'm gonna be honest that many changes make me afraid of how much stuff the dev will need to work on to keep the game going forward. Hope it all works out but damn.
It will really depend on how often the main story sends MC on a mission (since they will all implement new gameplay mechanic), & how often Wilfred's contracts get updated. We all know it's only a matter of time until MC gets higher and higher in the ranks in the Family (and to do that, well he'll need to be sent on missions).
I do wonder how often Contracts will get updated though. Unlike main missions (which are fixed in number, depending on how Hopes structures his story), I'm guessing the numbers of Contracts & their frequency (they get added on) might vary a bit.

It seems like a lot of work added on (and it most likely is), but from Hopes' Devs posts, it seems he's really pleased with the changes, & seems like a lot of his vision has been implemented to this new gameplay. So can't say anything but that I'm happy for him, and really looking forward to the update.

I'm actually excited about this since it won't become a run around town to get next event type of gameplay, the limited free roam appeal to far move in VN's than the normal sandbox

Edit: The only sad thing is losing all my equipment, it took me a long time and tab skip RGN to buy everything in the store and get my stats just right.
I really like the integration of the map system of Lucania. Always wanted a map of the town even before way back around "My name is Luna" event release time (what can I say? I do like little things like that. Even if they may seem insignificant to some people).
Kinda hope we can get a map for the house (i.e. The DeLuca Estate) as well in the future, but that's just me.

Yeah, losing the equipment will be a bummer, but I think with this game, we'll be swapping in and out the equipment every now and then (better equipment with better stats, likely coming with upcoming events, like the Tournament, which Luna & Gracie talked about in the beach prison event), so I'm trying to console myself thinking of those.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Forgot to add one more thing in the comment above

- rewards for the contracts will be money + renders (some of them very naughty, Hopes said).

It will really depend on how often the main story sends MC on a mission (since they will all implement new gameplay mechanic), & how often Wilfred's contracts get updated. We all know it's only a matter of time until MC gets higher and higher in the ranks in the Family (and to do that, well he'll need to be sent on missions).
I do wonder how often Contracts will get updated though. Unlike main missions (which are fixed in number, depending on how Hopes structures his story), I'm guessing the numbers of Contracts & their frequency (they get added on) might vary a bit.

It seems like a lot of work added on (and it most likely is), but from Hopes' Devs posts, it seems he's really pleased with the changes, & seems like a lot of his vision has been implemented to this new gameplay. So can't say anything but that I'm happy for him, and really looking forward to the update.

I really like the integration of the map system of Lucania. Always wanted a map of the town even before way back around "My name is Luna" event release time (what can I say? I do like little things like that. Even if they may seem insignificant to some people).
Kinda hope we can get a map for the house (i.e. The DeLuca Estate) as well in the future, but that's just me.

Yeah, losing the equipment will be a bummer, but I think with this game, we'll be swapping in and out the equipment every now and then (better equipment with better stats, likely coming with upcoming events, like the Tournament, which Luna & Gracie talked about in the beach prison event), so I'm trying to console myself thinking of those.
As long as we don't have to jump around the map like a headless chicken I'm more than okay with it, but having to keep going from one place to another at a specific time on a huge map gets tiresome really fast, hell even in small maps I get tired of it like in "A house in the rift" or "harem hotel" in this game we have the guide/tip system which helps, but I really prefer when the story is the focus.

4.40 star(s) 492 Votes