JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I don't worry about these kinds of things because I only play completed games. I can't handle the loss of a game being abandoned so no matter how good a game looks I won't touch it without a complete tag and so it prevents me from being disappointed (Also stops me from playing 50+ different games at the same time.). Thanks for the heads up though!
Well, I admit your willpower is commendable.
I find that to be impossible to do because I feel just selecting "Completed Games" severely restricts in my selection of games that I want to try out.
Though with this game you'll likely need to wait a long time before you see the "Completed" tag.
There's a lot of content even with this version, but in terms of story it is still a little bit past just the beginning.

Change to 5 and we might be talking.
My estimate is roughly 3 years minimum and even around 4 or 5 years or so for DeLuca to complete if the pacing of the narrative goes at the same rate it has been till now.
Though I guess there are cases where numbering changes a lot in one update as I've seen in some games (for example, such as 0.37 to 0.80 or Final 1.00 in one update. But I hope that doesn't become the case here for DeLuca).

Will the new update change old scenes, story or mechanics?
I heard somewhere that the missions will get an overhaul.

I was planning on replaying the game from the start (like i always do lol), but if the update affects the old version, i will probably wait for the new version.
Things we know that are getting implemented and other stuff about the update:

- Wilfred's Contracts (complete overhaul with new gameplay) where one of those contracts features an important character
- Eiza's sister rescue stealth mission against the Ombra Family (with "Serpent" as Team leader): this and future story missions will use the same gameplay mechanics as Wilfred's Contracts
- New combat system (which will be used in the new gameplay)
- New map of Lucania
- Indicators in Freeroam screen to show where in the mansion the girls are currently at

I think the above is all I remember, and yeah. Due to the new gameplay affecting the code, everyone will need to start back from the beginning because all previous saves will be incompatible.

Also I'm sure that dude has made more than 8 acts I'm sure it's over 20+
Probably more since he was seen trolling some other games threads as well.

Reactions: Kaliba and Ayhsel

Allman

Jan 31, 2021
Hey guys i have something to say. Normally i´m not a guy that is heavily emotional invested into a story. I can not remember that i ever cried when i was watching a movie. The one time it got really close, i was watching Hachiko. My eyes where full. But i did not cry. Another time it got really close and i felt like shit was when i was playing the last of us. Holy shit i will always remember the scene when the soldier... i can´t even write it down.
Now you guys that are still reading what i´m saying, ask yourself " what is he trying to tell us"
I played the story of Luna today and there were happening a few things with me. First of all i couldn´t save the game in between, i needed to see the whole part at once, i was reading and reading and reading. And the more i read, the more emotional invested i got. I don´t want to spoiler so i´m not saying anything about the story. But let´s just say, there was a point at what my throat was closed, i had tears in my eyes and for the first time in my adult life, a tear was running down my cheek. I swear i never cried in my adult life, but what i had to read was so heavy that my throat is closing as i´m writing this down right now. Holy moly. I can only say, good job guys. Hollywood couldn´t make me cry but you did. The story of Luna is amazing and i can only wait for what is coming in the future.

And for all of you that have read untill the end <3 <3 some hearts for you

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Well, I admit your willpower is commendable.
I find that to be impossible to do because I feel just selecting "Completed Games" severely restricts in my selection of games that I want to try out.
Though with this game you'll likely need to wait a long time before you see the "Completed" tag.
There's a lot of content even with this version, but in terms of story it is still a little bit past just the beginning.

My estimate is roughly 3 years minimum and even around 4 or 5 years or so for DeLuca to complete if the pacing of the narrative goes at the same rate it has been till now.
Though I guess there are cases where numbering changes a lot in one update as I've seen in some games (for example, such as 0.37 to 0.80 or Final 1.00 in one update. But I hope that doesn't become the case here for DeLuca).

Things we know that are getting implemented and other stuff about the update:

- Wilfred's Contracts (complete overhaul with new gameplay) where one of those contracts features an important character
- Eiza's sister rescue stealth mission against the Ombra Family (with "Serpent" as Team leader): this and future story missions will use the same gameplay mechanics as Wilfred's Contracts
- New combat system (which will be used in the new gameplay)
- New map of Lucania
- Indicators in Freeroam screen to show where in the mansion the girls are currently at

I think the above is all I remember, and yeah. Due to the new gameplay affecting the code, everyone will need to start back from the beginning because all previous saves will be incompatible.

Probably more since he was seen trolling some other games threads as well.
Well, to be fair, we have no idea how long the story is going to get but I can see having Deluca story going for a very long time. MC is barely a soldado, only one family (not even one of the big ones) was presented, a lot of new characters are missing and a lot of plot have barely been suggested..

So if you wanted to truly develop all these concepts... 5 years might not even be enough for a complete game. I don't mind that, though. I prefer a very long tittle.

My only fear is as with everything: the longer it takes to completion, ceteris paribus, the higher the chances it is not completed. Like with Star Wars Knights of the old Republic movie... I swear I need to live to see that trilogy come to live.

Last edited:
Reactions: c3p0 and JJJ84

Cyth

May 9, 2018
Hey guys i have something to say. Normally i´m not a guy that is heavily emotional invested into a story. I can not remember that i ever cried when i was watching a movie. The one time it got really close, i was watching Hachiko. My eyes where full. But i did not cry. Another time it got really close and i felt like shit was when i was playing the last of us. Holy shit i will always remember the scene when the soldier... i can´t even write it down.
Now you guys that are still reading what i´m saying, ask yourself " what is he trying to tell us"
I played the story of Luna today and there were happening a few things with me. First of all i couldn´t save the game in between, i needed to see the whole part at once, i was reading and reading and reading. And the more i read, the more emotional invested i got. I don´t want to spoiler so i´m not saying anything about the story. But let´s just say, there was a point at what my throat was closed, i had tears in my eyes and for the first time in my adult life, a tear was running down my cheek. I swear i never cried in my adult life, but what i had to read was so heavy that my throat is closing as i´m writing this down right now. Holy moly. I can only say, good job guys. Hollywood couldn´t make me cry but you did. The story of Luna is amazing and i can only wait for what is coming in the future.

And for all of you that have read untill the end <3 <3 some hearts for you
yeah, "My name is Luna" really messes you up

• Sad
Reactions: Repuci

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Well, to be fair, we have no idea how long the story is going to get but I can see having Deluca story going for a very long time. MC is barely a soldado, only one family (not even one of the big ones) was presented, a lot of new characters are missing and a lot of plot have barely been suggested..

So if you wanted to truly develop all these concepts... 5 years might not even be enough for a complete game. I don't mind that, though. I prefer a very long tittle.

My only fear is as with everything: the longer it takes to completion, ceteris paribus, the higher the chances it is not completed. Like with Star Wars Knights of the old Republic movie... I swear I need to live to see that trilogy come to live.
Yeah, I agree.
As you said, MC's rank is still at the bottom, issues with the DeLuca family members still need to be addressed, as well as MC's own family. And there's also the fact that only half of the Serpents are introduced, rest of the Big Five (of major Crime Families haven't appeared), not to mention conpiracy behind the Myserious 6, the past of Cordia, MC's mom etc and so much more story to tell.

I prefer long titles as well, because I like the whole journey of it all, the struggles, joys, sadness, anger and many emotions that MC and these characters that surround him will experience just makes it all worth it.

I think in terms of fear, mine is a bit different from yours.
It isn't really fear of Hopes not completing the game itself, but rather the fear of this game being suddenly rushed to the ending at one point in the story that just makes the flow of the story unnatural, and makes it seem obvious that the Developer suddenly ran out of ideas (I won't name the games, but there's at least 1 or 2 out there which I played that really suffered from this).
So my hope is that even after long time has passed with this game, Hopes still remains just as passionate with this game as he was in the inception of DeLuca, and now (because Devs just rushing their ending because they just got burnt out on it, and wanted to do something new, i.e. create another game instead.", it's always sad to see).

RDK

Aug 5, 2016
Ngl this is one of the only games I would consider supporting because I like the story so much and how it’s developing, but waiting 5 months for an update deters me from doing so. It’s like paying for Netflix but only being able to watch one part of the movie every few months kinda makes it forgetful and I lose interest. I rather have less content at once and get more frequent updates than get a whole bunch 3 times a year.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Ngl this is one of the only games I would consider supporting because I like the story so much and how it’s developing, but waiting 5 months for an update deters me from doing so. It’s like paying for Netflix but only being able to watch one part of the movie every few months kinda makes it forgetful and I lose interest. I rather have less content at once and get more frequent updates than get a whole bunch 3 times a year.
A major part of the gameplay is getting a complete overhaul (as well as the usual story event getting added). You can't expect the same (or even less) time of wait time when something like that is happening.

And Hopes did say that after this update, there will be frequent but less content updates which will result in shorter wait times between the updates (though not always, he said it will depend on the story sometimes).

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Yeah, I agree.
As you said, MC's rank is still at the bottom, issues with the DeLuca family members still need to be addressed, as well as MC's own family. And there's also the fact that only half of the Serpents are introduced, rest of the Big Five (of major Crime Families haven't appeared), not to mention conpiracy behind the Myserious 6, the past of Cordia, MC's mom etc and so much more story to tell.

I prefer long titles as well, because I like the whole journey of it all, the struggles, joys, sadness, anger and many emotions that MC and these characters that surround him will experience just makes it all worth it.

It isn't really fear of Hopes not completing the game itself, but rather the fear of this game being suddenly rushed to the ending at one point in the story that just makes the flow of the story unnatural, and makes it seem obvious that the Developer suddenly ran out of ideas (I won't name the games, but there's at least 1 or 2 out there which I played that really suffered from this).
So my hope is that even after long time has passed with this game, Hopes still remains just as passionate with this game as he was in the inception of DeLuca, and now (because Devs just rushing their ending because they just got burnt out on it, and wanted to do something new, i.e. create another game instead.", it's always sad to see).
Yes, all those and potentially many others created in those scenarios. Like in the next event in which we have the sister of the assassin we end up killing somebody's family member and open up a revenge subplot...

Potentially, you could have a very very long super amazing story. Thing is, Hopes would need a team for that.

And yes, it is always the case in which Hopes can decide to move on, one way or the other.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Yes, all those and potentially many others created in those scenarios. Like in the next event in which we have the sister of the assassin we end up killing somebody's family member and open up a revenge subplot...
Same old story with you. As long as there is either a cat fight or a very hot and somehow "crazy" gal you want. At least that are two devilishly good arguments.:love:

Plotwise, I would assume at least 5 years. And with update around 3 to 4 months (guessing), this would give 15 to 20 updates. So were can I sign?:D

Reactions: Ayhsel and JJJ84

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I prefer long titles as well
There's some Japanese games out there for you then. "The naughty nun is travelling through the dark misty forest only to become a sex slave"; "The innocent maiden is afraid what may happen to her, when she visits the city"; "Green Banana of in virgin to Fujijama Fukushima Taekwan-do (MTL)" and similar can all be found around these forums ;)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Same old story with you. As long as there is either a cat fight or a very hot and somehow "crazy" gal you want. At least that are two devilishly good arguments.:love:

Plotwise, I would assume at least 5 years. And with update around 3 to 4 months (guessing), this would give 15 to 20 updates. So were can I sign?:D
As it says in my signature, Conflict is the essejce of drama. And I am a drama queen.

But yes, cat fights and crazy ladies are always a plus.

I would love to go to a 3 months period update. Even 4 months, which would lead to 3 updates per year. Not bad. We'll see what happens after new code is release.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
As it says in my signature, Conflict is the essejce of drama. And I am a drama queen.

But yes, cat fights and crazy ladies are always a plus.

I would love to go to a 3 months period update. Even 4 months, which would lead to 3 updates per year. Not bad. We'll see what happens after new code is release.
weren't you a Chocolate Vampire? You are also a queen? That's a bit too much :LUL:

• Haha
Reactions: Ayhsel and JJJ84

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
I feel the same thing as that movie :( Instead they decided to give us a new trology containing "Rise of Skywalker" shit :mad:

Lets hope none of these fears would come through, no one would want to experience another Knights of the Old Republic or Game of Thrones case :(

Reactions: JJJ84 and Ayhsel

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Be happy about that! Imagine Kathleen Kennedy and her douchebags making Revan a trigender, multicolor gungan speaking in android language to be inclusive enough... And changing Bastila to a boring perfect never making any mistake androgynous character without emotion. And she taking over Revan when Revan kills himself with his light saber in a super stupid way just to show "the force is female".

No no, leave Bastila as she is. Beautiful, strong, stubborn, lovely, easy to tease and perfect with her flaws as she is.

And Revan=Keanu and I'm in.
lol don't even get me started on KK. Hate her with every fiber of my being with the so-called Disney's "Sequel trilogy" (I hate all 3 films).

I did get a good laugh seeing her Oscar youtube video get ratioed down to oblivion with comments section bombarded with what a big hypocrite she is though (so much that the Oscar youtube channel disabled the like/dislike button and comments).

Okay, we're basically getting in off-topic territory here. I'm gonna shut up now lol :censored:

• Haha
Reactions: The D0n and Ayhsel

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I think Keanu's too old, at 56. I also don't think he's a strong enough actor, to deal with the depth of Revan's character.
I saw someone suggesting Fassbender or Bale as Revan & Tom Hardy as Malak.
Bale doesn't fit, for me. Could maybe see Fassbender. 1614221786828.png 1614222272891.png ?
Also seen Ben Barnes suggested, who could be good as a lesser known.
Do quite like the idea of Hardy for Malak.

If they're gonna make the film(s), there's a lot of material to choose from.
Obviously the timespan presented in KoTOR is after the Darth Revan phase, so there's plenty of backstory.
They touched on the Mandalorian Wars in the Zayne Carrick comics, when Malak was still Alec & Jedi Revan found the synonymous mask.

If they went back to that era, to see the young Jedis go against the council, form The Revanchists & get involved in the war, defeating Mandalore the Ultimate, then unleashing the Mass Shadow Generator - we need Meetra Surik represented lol - & Revan & Malak investigating the Sith influence that made Mandalore rise up, ending in them both falling to the Dark Side. That could/should be literally epic!

Then there's the story from Karpyshyn's book, after KoTOR's setting, leading up to the SWTOR story line.
A lot of material...

Last edited:

mahmouedsamy

Feb 16, 2018
Game Release Date: 2018-07-26
Thread Updated
: 2020-07-28
Release Date: 2020-07-27
so next update will be in 25/26/27/28 of any upcoming month

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Game Release Date: 2018-07-26
Thread Updated
: 2020-07-28
Release Date: 2020-07-27
so next update will be in 25/26/27/28 of any upcoming month
Dev is active on the thread.
Has been conducting a big redevelop of parts of the game, so is taking longer than usual but, don't worry, it's coming when it's ready. Don't worry about speculating on dates, it will be communicated here in advance when it's coming. (y)

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Be happy about that! Imagine Kathleen Kennedy and her douchebags making Revan a trigender, multicolor gungan speaking in android language to be inclusive enough... And changing Bastila to a boring perfect never making any mistake androgynous character without emotion. And she taking over Revan when Revan kills himself with his light saber in a super stupid way just to show "the force is female".

No no, leave Bastila as she is. Beautiful, strong, stubborn, lovely, easy to tease and perfect with her flaws as she is.

Yeah, thinking in that way we should be grateful that they didnt do KotOR :ROFLMAO: We dont want to hate that era to

lol don't even get me started on KK. Hate her with every fiber of my being with the so-called Disney's "Sequel trilogy" (I hate all 3 films).

I did get a good laugh seeing her Oscar youtube video get ratioed down to oblivion with comments section bombarded with what a big hypocrite she is though (so much that the Oscar youtube channel disabled the like/dislike button and comments).

Okay, we're basically getting in off-topic territory here. I'm gonna shut up now lol :censored:
To be honest I like first film of the trilogy, it was okay. Especially loved Kylo Ren (until seeing his face :() My only concern about the film was "Sith was destroyed so how the hell they came back and who the hell was Stroke?" They answered this in third movie but some times answers not worth to mention :ROFLMAO:

I think Keanu's too old, at 56. I also don't think he's a strong enough actor, to deal with the depth of Revan's character.
I saw someone suggesting Fassbender or Bale as Revan & Tom Hardy as Malak.
Bale doesn't fit, for me. Could maybe see Fassbender. ?
Also seen Ben Barnes suggested, who could be good as a lesser known.
Do quite like the idea of Hardy for Malak.
Come on, how can Keanu "not strong enough" for any role? I cant think about any single role Keanu cant pull out, he played in comedy, science fiction and action and made excellent job in all tree genres :unsure:

Sometimes some actors can really suprise whole world so we should put some faith in people who choses actors (except for the Netflix adaptaions, they extremely good at screwing actor choices). For example no one thought Ben Affleck could be a good Batman but only thing good in the Dawn of Justice was Ben Afflecks Batman (except for the Martha and serial killer Batman parts but these was scenerio writers fault) :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Ayhsel
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes