JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I like Katheryn Winnick from Vikings.
Her looks match with Cordia.
True. The design of the new character that we'll be meeting in the Contract does seem reminiscent of Winnick's Lagertha from Vikings also.
Was her design inspired by Lagertha?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
True. The design of the new character that we'll be meeting in the Contract does seem reminiscent of Winnick's Lagertha from Vikings also.
lol yeah, the contract girl's hair was definitely Viking-esque

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
:unsure: I couldn't see rivals for everyone. Luna would definitely kill her rival, Gracie would be above the whole concept of rivalry, Isabel is only married in so the rival would have to be Antonio's, and for Cordia why would we have another Ice Queen wouldn't it make more sense that her rival would be passionate and fiery.

Reactions: Grelk

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
lol yeah, the contract girl's hair was definitely Viking-esque
To be honest, with the way her hair is braided and set up (with possible bone hair pin?), it really reminded me of Lagertha (even more so than Cordia tbh) when I saw her pic for the first time.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Ah no. After I made Cordia she reminded me of Lagertha. I rarely think of anyone special when making a character

Reactions: flaeXx and Zentis

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
:unsure: I couldn't see rivals for everyone. Luna would definitely kill her rival, Gracie would be above the whole concept of rivalry, Isabel is only married in so the rival would have to be Antonio's, and for Cordia why would we have another Ice Queen wouldn't it make more sense that her rival would be passionate and fiery.
I get what you mean, but if you made Cordia's rival her direct opposite, then Gracie's rival would need to be dumb as a post and Luna's rival so passive they never have a cross word to say.
Gracie's rival needs to be highly intellectual & Luna's needs to be highly capable & fearless, so Cordia's needs to be cold, calculating and commanding.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I get what you mean, but if you made Cordia's rival her direct opposite, then Gracie's rival would need to be dumb as a post and Luna's rival so passive they never have a cross word to say.
Gracie's rival needs to be intellectual & Luna's needs to be fearless, so Cordia's needs to be cold and calculating.
I've said this before as well, but for Gracie, I'd love to see one of the children of the other 4 Dons (of the Big 5 Families, which includes DeLucas) as her rival.
Perhaps a guy, who is highly intelligent, yet he is smug, arrogant. He plays in some ways like a mastermind like role doing things behind the scenes, and thinks of all the other Families as if they're his pawns to play around with.

Gracie could initially have battle of wits with him, and loses the first time. But with support from MC and Luna, gets back up and wins in the rematch.
Seen some people say Wilfred should be Gracie's rival, but I'm not a big fan of that idea tbh. I think rivals (not just Gracie, but for every DeLuca character who might have a rival) work best when they're of similar age (or in similar age group, i.e. same generation).
Plus, Gracie's at the point right now where she thinks no one can outsmart her, at least in her age group. Having her stumble (an experience that she never went through before), and get back up I think will really evolve her character as a whole.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I've said this before as well, but for Gracie, I've love to see one of the children of the other 4 Dons (of the Big 5 Families, which includes DeLucas).
Perhaps a guy, who is highly intelligent, yet he is smug, arrogant. He plays in some ways like a mastermind like role doing things behind the scenes, and thinks of all the other Families as if they're his pawns to play around with.

Gracie could initially have battle of wits with him, and loses the first time. But with support from MC and Luna, gets back up and wins in the rematch.
Seen some people say Wilfred should be Gracie's rival, but I'm not a big fan of that idea tbh. I think rivals (not just Gracie, but for every DeLuca character who might have a rival) work best when they're of similar age (or in similar age group, i.e. same generation).
Plus, Gracie's at the point right now where she thinks no one can outsmart her, at least in her age group. Having her stumble (an experience that she never went through before), and get back up I think will really evolve her character as a whole.
Yeah, I agree.
I think Wilfried to Gracie is more of a "passing the torch" event, than a battle of rivals competing for the title.
The story arc you describe, where she fails then comes back to conquer, is basically The Hero's Journey.

Reactions: c3p0 and JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Yeah, I agree.
I think Wilfried to Gracie is more of a "passing the torch" event, than a battle of rivals competing for the title.
The story arc you describe, where she fails then comes back to conquer, is basically The Hero's Journey.
With Luna, I think she already has a rival, with Acre (or Acme can't remember the name lol), the guy she fought with in Straffan mission. My guess is, Hopes has a plan to bring him back sometime in the future, so if that's the case, I'm not sure we need an extra rival for her (other than MC, who may serve as a love + friendly rival in Frenetico Tournament as I said before).

Reactions: whichone

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Gracie's rival needs to be highly intellectual & Luna's needs to be highly capable & fearless, so Cordia's needs to be cold, calculating and commanding.
No wasn't saying that they all have to be opposites just not mirrors of the DeLuca family. That idea just lacks creativity. Gracie's rival wouldn't have to be dumb nor as smart as she is. Gracie lacks social skills so her rival could be very outgoing and confident and be well surrounded so she wouldn't be trying to beat a single person but a group working together against her. Just as Luna's rival wouldn't have to be so passive that they never do anything but more of a think first before acting and superior tactically rival. To make everyone's rival a mirror of themselves is boring and lacks imagination. I don't think any of this matters as I'm sure Hopes has his own ideas of what to do.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
No wasn't saying that they all have to be opposites just not mirrors of the DeLuca family. That idea just lacks creativity. Gracie's rival wouldn't have to be dumb nor as smart as she is. Gracie lacks social skills so her rival could be very outgoing and confident and be well surrounded so she wouldn't be trying to beat a single person but a group working together against her. Just as Luna's rival wouldn't have to be so passive that they never do anything but more of a think first before acting and superior tactically rival. To make everyone's rival a mirror of themselves is boring and lacks imagination. I don't think any of this matters as I'm sure Hopes has his own ideas of what to do.
Aah, right, I'm with you. Makes perfect sense, I like the idea. (y)
Bit like a nemesis

Reactions: WhiteyG

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I loved the game and subscriped at patreon for some time, but i was disappointed that there was no update for such a long time and canceled my membership a while ago... this thread here is pretty big and i apologize for my laziness. As far as i can see the whole game will be rebuild and than continued, am i correct?

Maybe someone would be so kind and kinda summarize whats going on? Just a little bit so im up to date with the important facts? Would be very nice.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I loved the game and subscriped at patreon for some time, but i was disappointed that there was no update for such a long time and canceled my membership a while ago... this thread here is pretty big and i apologize for my laziness. As far as i can see the whole game will be rebuild and than continued, am i correct?

Maybe someone would be so kind and kinda summarize whats going on? Just a little bit so im up to date with the important facts? Would be very nice.
He reworked the contract system so there is actual gameplay and each contract has a mini story of it's own now(that's the key point of the rebuild). This update will include the next main story(which will be a mission that uses the new contract gameplay mechanics), dunno if there's any additions to the girl's storylines.

4.40 star(s) 493 Votes