JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
But... Just launched it, seen the saves don't work, pissed me off a lot... Will play it later, but I'm always HIGHLY deceived when saves aren't working anymore, in particular when the game have a grinding part - just imagine to be forced to rebuild ALL traits for ALL girls in "Harem Hotel", including "Lust"...
It's a major flail in Ren'Py games, and near no devs thinks about an "import old saves" function (even if it must be in a separate executable). To be honest, most devs don't also think about built-in walkthroughs and/or avoidable grinding, too... So mods are required, or we have to edit saves just to avoid being bored to death.
Well, when a huge part of the gameplay changes, due to the code change saves obviously won't work. Several great games went through restarts such as Summer's Gone, Where it All Began, City of Broken Dreamers. So DeLuca definitely isn't the first game to go through something like this, and it definitely won't be the last (and I'm no expert, but I just don't see how Devs will use "import old saves" especially if they are no longer compatible to the new code. I mean even if it somehow works, just seems like a lot of hassle for something the player can solve with fast ctrl skip and an online walkthrough).

Grind really isn't all that bad in the game I think. There is a little bit in the beginning, but as the player goes through more events MC starts earning more money and with better equipment Contracts do get easier to do.

But if the player really doesn't like the gameplay, well the game does give you the option to choose "VN style only" to opt out of the gameplay altogether.

Antonio is secretly MC's biological brother. Just to spice up the Isabel situation further.
Actually, I support this theory for couple of reasons (other than Isabel situation, though I agree with that too):

1) Antonio bears little resemblance to Lucan, with the whole black hairline.
Yes, anyone can have black hairline, but "Serpent" actually notes black hair with little streaks of gray being one of the defining traits of MC's father. Luna and Gracie both seem to take some resemblance from Lucan, at least in terms of physical traits.

2) Angelo's remarks in the Straffan mission
Angelo, one of the Capos wonders whether Antonio will be more like Cordia or his own father, and notes about Antonio's temper (shooting at the dead mercenary multiple times, pissed off) being more like his father.
Now, while we see only little bit of Lucan's life, he's considered to be a gentle and kind man who didn't hurt anyone in his life (and only got involved in the Family by marrying Cordia. While some may say it can be a facade, I just think it's unlikely).

I just don't believe Antonio's father that Angelo was mentioning was Lucan at all.

So basically people in the Family who knows who MC really is (and why he's important/essential to the DeLucas):

- Cordia
- Wilfred
- Antonio (even though he's like the last to know out of everybody in this group lol)
- "Serpent" (probably only one out of the current Serpents who really knows who MC is)
- Gildart ("Captain" of Wilfred's Division, as well as Wilfred's best student)

I'm somehow getting the feeling this list will stop here.
Any more than these 5, and it might come to the point where too many in the Family know everything about the MC for it to be a closely guarded secret.

Though I could be wrong also.
Hmmm may just add Angelo the Capo to this list of all the Family members who know about MC in the future depending on how everything plays out.
Why? Well, it's clear Angelo is familiar to some extent with Antonio's father, and have met him and knows what he is like.
Taking the assumption Lucan Antonio's father as I said above, we can sort of piece it together with Angelo's remarks towards the MC when they meet for the first time in Straffan mission. Angelo says regarding MC (towards Caterina when MC talks to them) "He reminds me of someone"

And that someone I think = Antonio's father.

I had a theory in the previous version of the game regarding the relationship of cordia,antonio and MC. And the event specified above during the rescue mission further support my theory that maybe, just maybe, antonio might not be cordia's real son, did anyone noticed that after cordia and antonio spoke about the fazio guy(the one that burn the records and al(forgot his name)) that he was not giacobe's real son but an adoptive one, antonios inner monologue in the game changes and pertains regarding that topic, it was like he was questioning or maybe having doubts if he was in the same positiob(just my take on his monologue), and since Gildart mentioned that both of the mc's parents didnt show the cunning that he possessed it lead me to theorize that maybe, just maybe the mc is cordia's son afterall, since cordia is known not just by her fighting prowess but also her intelligence/cunning. Ofcourse this is just a theory and the fact that i think that cordia is not the lying type would contradict this, but still there is still a chance that cordia herself didnt know that the mc is her son, maybe he and antonio got swapped at birth during the original serpents betrayal and all, and honestly if this is correct, i could actually see wilfred being the one to swap the kids or have some kind of knowledge of it and just kept quite about it.
No offense man, but I really wish you used full stops, spaces and paragraphs for your post. Reading your post gave me a big headache.

But anyway, I don't really think I have any doubts that Cordia is Antonio's actual (biological) mother. The game's lore till now hasn't given me any reason to doubt that tbh (even with that inner monologue of Antonio).
Only thing which raises suspicions to me is identity of Antonio's father (which as I said above, I don't think it's Lucan at all, and most likely MC's father, making MC & Antonio half-brothers).

Also, given that Hopes has said from very beginning that there will be no incest in DeLuca at all, I don't think Cordia is MC's biological mother, especially given Cordia is one of the romanceable girls in the game (plus she basically told MC the same in the Don's office event when MC gets caught by her while sneaking around).

Though tags should only be mentioned once the content is in the game, and there is no Cordia content as of now. (I still don't believe the theory though)
Yeah, highly doubt it, especially Hopes saying "No" to the question "Will there be incest in the game?" on his Patreon page.

sway1ze

Nov 10, 2020
can anyone help me ? my game is stuck on the loading screen and i cant fix it i have been waiting this for too long and ı cant play now :(

Bassio

Feb 23, 2021
I'm sorry, and I wanted to know if you know what is the contract that the MC has with Delucas? Because if we know about Eiza's contract with the DeLucas

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I'm sorry, and I wanted to know if you know what is the contract that the MC has with Delucas? Because if we know about Eiza's contract with the DeLucas
Blackie gives MC introduction to the prinicple.
MC spends 3 nights learning about his Contract.
We do not know everything about it, missing some specific info, but we know roughly how it works.
IIRC, it is the same type of contact, as was given to Eiza.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
yeah i tried that and it didnt work i think i should play on my phone but thanks very much
Just as a last resort: did you install (unzip) into a new folder or did you overwrite your old game? If you did the latter, maybe try the former.

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
yeah i tried that and it didnt work i think i should play on my phone but thanks very much
Before you relegate gaming duties to your phone, go to the following folder C:\Users\<your_username\Appdata\Roaming\RenPy\ (or simply type %appdata%\RenPy on the explorer window) and delete the Deluca family folder. It may be trying to load a corrupt persistent save or something.

Edit: also delete the saves folder from the /game/saves subdirectory.

sway1ze

Nov 10, 2020
Before you relegate gaming duties to your phone, go to the following folder C:\Users\<your_username\Appdata\Roaming\RenPy\ (or simply type %appdata%\RenPy on the explorer window) and delete the Deluca family folder. It may be trying to load a corrupt persistent save or something.

Edit: also delete the saves folder from the /game/saves subdirectory.
thank you very much sir its solved

Reactions: whichone

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
HopesGaming Already said a lot in my previous post which said about my honest opinions about the game, but if there's one constructive criticism that I'd like to add (which I think would benefit the game if implemented):

- More renders to Contracts
Now, me saying this is not saying I think every single aspect of Contracts should be rendered. In fact, the way it was used in the Ombra mission in "What is weak is actually Strong." was done well. You prioritised the renders for important events of the missions, such as:

- Amata & Caterina's fight against Ombra soldiers and Capos
- MC's fight against Quasi-Capo
- Gildart, Onorina, Amata and Caterina's discussion about MC scenes
- Encounter with Siobhan

i.e. the interactions events that really mattered.
Situations like MC, Amata & Caterina just exploring the Ombra mansion's empty rooms looking for hidden items etc really don't require any renders whatsoever, and would have been waste of your time and resources.

My criticism is towards the 5 D-Contracts we undertake through Wilfred. The renders there did feel a bit limited compared to the main game.

Amata's lewd in "The Delivery Boy" was very, very nice and saucy and the meeting with the Bikini/Jewllery Girl in "Nimble Fingers" was nice too, but it left me wanting more and wish the following scene would have been rendered (even if it was just 1 or 2 renders for each):

- MC's meetings with old man (who knows about MC), soldado by the museum he fights, the associate and a girl he abuses [Nimble Fingers]

- The Friendly dog [Nimble Fingers] (some might question why I would include a dog in this, but who doesn't love dogs :LOL:? Come to think of it, I actually wouldn't even mind if this dog somehow even makes an appearance in the main game!)

- MC's first meeting with the nun twins Amita & Amata [The Delivery Boy]
- First meeting with Leliana [The Snooping Bonans]

- MC's kiss with Leliana [The Snooping Bonans]

- MC talking with the Lucania kids [The Bonanzo Meeting]

- MC's first meetings with the Painter, the old Ombra Soldado, the Girl [The Painter]

The text descriptions of the environment, tone and characters of the Contracts are already solid. Having said that, renders with MC's interactions with characters like above, I think would be a very welcome bonus to add to the immersion of these contracts (some more renders to the existing, and also future contracts, if they can happen, I don't think anyone would complain).

On other note, love the girls, but really love this scene.
Here's hoping that there are many more High-Fives to come between these two:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
Speaking of poison, for some reason playing through the game altogether up until the aftermath of the beach house event, makes me think that somehow antonio is behind of it all. And what trino did really is questionable, that dude literally radiates an aura of a loyal guy based on what he did on the past and he's action in game, the surprise in his eyes when before atonio dealt with him makes me question things more, its like they had an agreement before and all so thats why he was not afraid going into the forest for punishment but got surprised that antonio had other plans.
The mc asking eiza to look into trino at the end of the update would hopefully shed some light in this mystery, i just really dont see trino as a traitorous guy.
I don't think this holds much water for a couple of reasons:
Antonio, first and foremost, despite his other issues, is wholly dedicated to his family.
There is zero reason he would make his family seem weak by having someone poisoned in his own house. Also, he was right there by mc's bed when he came to from the poisoning, looking all relieved. If he was behind that, he wouldn't agonise in such a manner.
Also for that reason he would not be behind the beach house attack, because then he'd put his sisters in immediate danger of catching a bullet. He may be comfortable putting Luna in danger, but he wouldn't put Gracie anywhere near flying bullets.

Also, Antonio doesn't seem (to me so far) to be the scheming type of person. If he harboured any ill will towards the mc he wouldn't enlist Trino's help to kill him, he would take mc to the woods himself. Also at that point and quite further down the road, Antonio is as clueless as mc about the whole contract situation. If he were to take action, he would miss possibly critical information, which he is smart enough to not want.

As for Trino, isn't it possible that the Ombras (who were the behind the attempts) held something over his head, as they did with Eiza? Also, if Trino was that loyal to the family, wouldn't he spill his guts to Cordia when he was questioned? Unless of course his loyalty was to Antonio only.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
HopesGaming Already said a lot in my previous post which said about my honest opinions about the game, but if there's one constructive criticism that I'd like to add (which I think would benefit the game if implemented):

Now, me saying this is not saying I think every single aspect of Contracts should be rendered. In fact, the way it was used in the Ombra mission in "What is weak is actually Strong." was done well. You prioritised the renders for important events of the missions, such as:

- Amata & Caterina's fight against Ombra soldiers and Capos
- MC's fight against Quasi-Capo
- Gildart, Onorina, Amata and Caterina's discussion about MC scenes
- Encounter with Siobhan

i.e. the interactions events that really mattered.
Situations like MC, Amata & Caterina just exploring the Ombra mansion's empty rooms looking for hidden items etc really don't require any renders whatsoever, and would have been waste of your time and resources.

My criticism is towards the 5 D-Contracts we undertake through Wilfred. The renders there did feel a bit limited compared to the main game.

Amata's lewd in "The Delivery Boy" was very, very nice and saucy and the meeting with the Bikini/Jewllery Girl in "Nimble Fingers" was nice too, but it left me wanting more and wish the following scene would have been rendered (even if it was just 1 or 2 renders for each):

- MC's meetings with old man (who knows about MC), soldado by the museum he fights, the associate and a girl he abuses [Nimble Fingers]

- The Friendly dog [Nimble Fingers] (some might question why I would include a dog in this, but who doesn't love dogs :LOL:? Come to think of it, I actually wouldn't even mind if this dog somehow even makes an appearance in the main game!)

- MC's first meeting with the nun twins Amita & Amata [The Delivery Boy]
- First meeting with Leliana [The Snooping Bonans]

- MC's kiss with Leliana [The Snooping Bonans]

- MC talking with the Lucania kids [The Bonanzo Meeting]

- MC's first meetings with the Painter, the old Ombra Soldado, the Girl [The Painter]

The text descriptions of the environment, tone and characters of the Contracts are already solid. Having said that, renders with MC's interactions with characters like above, I think would be a very welcome bonus to add to the immersion of these contracts (some more renders to the existing, and also future contracts, if they can happen, I don't think anyone would complain).

On other note, love the girls, but really love this scene.
Here's hoping that there are many more High-Fives to come between these two:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Very much a complete list - for Painter though, which is (arguably) the "standard mission" with the most depth, I would go a bit further: Meeting the old priest, the Cemetary, the "True Ending".

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
As someone who pet the dog to the bitter end every time I did nimble fingers without expecting aspirines, I didn't know I wanted needed this render until I read your post.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
100% agree. I feel it would add more depth to those scenes where we're meeting people, if we could see them.
I'd also like to see the actual painting, from The Painter! It is the whole point of the mission, after all. lol
Very much a complete list - for Painter though, which is (arguably) the "standard mission" with the most depth, I would go a bit further: Meeting the old priest, the Cemetary, the "True Ending".
Yup. Definitely.
The scene meeting the priest at the fountain (perhaps inside the confession booth, too), viewing the graves, both mood pieces that would add depth and immersion to the story.
The scene at the end of the True Ending, too. 100%.
Regarding
Painter though, which is (arguably) the "standard mission" with the most depth
I'd say it's the only one with any depth.
Certainly the only one that tells a worthwhile story.

The 1st is a series of unconnected events. No story of any depth or interest here, other than one interaction with the old man.
The 2nd & 4th are over quickly and are extremely basic stories. I found nothing of any depth or interest here, other than meeting Leilana.
The 3rd is either over in 3 moves, or sends you on a wild goose chase. No story of any depth or interest here, other than meeting the Nuns.
This is fine, we need some quick and easy ones to earn us some cash, but they don't have much of an overarching mission story, to any of them.
The 5th, on the other hand, tells a compelling and constantly developing story, that I found interesting & engaging.

For me, the other 4 were pretty much instantly forgettable, from the POV of their story.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes