Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
but still there is still a chance that cordia herself didnt know that the mc is her son, maybe he and antonio got swapped at birth during the original serpents betrayal and all, and honestly if this is correct, i could actually see wilfred being the one to swap the kids or have some kind of knowledge of it and just kept quite about it.
Hmm. Interesting theory. Antonio doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the family, and plotwise it opens up things with Isabel. Plus, Cordia seems even less warm toward Antionio than Luna, if that is possible. She is not exactly warm to anyone, except the MC and Wilfred, but she seems to treat Antonio as just another employee.

I tend to think that the MC's mother is his legitimate mother, but his dad is the main mystery. I've been wondering why Wilfred has been watching the MC very carefully, practically since birth. There must be a good reason. It can't be just because he is the son of a serpent and Cordia's best friend. It has to be more than that. Plus, I have a feeling that the MC's mother was getting him used to poison, for some reason. Maybe she knew he would be involved in the Deluca family in his future, and assumed he would not have a warm welcome from everybody. Clearly, the identity of his dad and probably also his mother's prior fiance is key. I don't think Cordia would be caught in a lie, so probably the fiance isn't his dad, perhaps his uncle or something similar.

Reactions: whitewolf11111

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Hmm. Interesting theory. Antonio doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the family, and plotwise it opens up things with Isabel. Plus, Cordia seems even less warm toward Antionio than Luna, if that is possible. She is not exactly warm to anyone, except the MC and Wilfred, but she seems to treat Antonio as just another employee.
Antonio is secretly MC's biological brother. Just to spice up the Isabel situation further.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Is there an issue with the Gallery in the current version, 7.1, or is it just me?

I am using plain 7.1, and I started the story from scratch, and have completed it.
Whenever I click on "Gallery" and then "Replay Room" I get:

--------------------------

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'MatrixColor' <'Image' u'Intro/cordiaINTRO4.jpg'> (0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)>:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'Intro/cordiaINTRO4.jpg'.

-------------------------
etc, etc.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Is there an issue with the Gallery in the current version, 7.1, or is it just me?

I am using plain 7.1, and I started the story from scratch, and have completed it.
Whenever I click on "Gallery" and then "Replay Room" I get:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'MatrixColor' <'Image' u'Intro/cordiaINTRO4.jpg'> (0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'Intro/cordiaINTRO4.jpg'.

etc, etc.
I had issues trying to access the Gallery from the Main Menu.
The in-game menu option works, although you do still receive an error, sometimes. Just ignore it and try again.
There will not be a thumbnail for Cordia & 2 of the Events from Misc will not show. There's an unofficial fix posted here.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I had issues trying to access the Gallery from the Main Menu.
The in-game menu option works, although you do still receive an error, sometimes. Just ignore it and try again.
There will not be a thumbnail for Cordia & 2 of the Events from Misc will not show. There's an unofficial fix posted here.
Great. The fix works perfectly. Thanks.

Now I just have to go back to the missions and try to get about half the special renders I am missing.

Reactions: whichone
Jul 27, 2020

I tend to think that the MC's mother is his legitimate mother, but his dad is the main mystery. I've been wondering why Wilfred has been watching the MC very carefully, practically since birth. There must be a good reason. It can't be just because he is the son of a serpent and Cordia's best friend. It has to be more than that. Plus, I have a feeling that the MC's mother was getting him used to poison, for some reason. Maybe she knew he would be involved in the Deluca family in his future, and assumed he would not have a warm welcome from everybody. Clearly, the identity of his dad and probably also his mother's prior fiance is key. I don't think Cordia would be caught in a lie, so probably the fiance isn't his dad, perhaps his uncle or something similar.
Speaking of poison, for some reason playing through the game altogether up until the aftermath of the beach house event, makes me think that somehow antonio is behind of it all. And what trino did really is questionable, that dude literally radiates an aura of a loyal guy based on what he did on the past and he's action in game, the surprise in his eyes when before atonio dealt with him makes me question things more, its like they had an agreement before and all so thats why he was not afraid going into the forest for punishment but got surprised that antonio had other plans.
The mc asking eiza to look into trino at the end of the update would hopefully shed some light in this mystery, i just really dont see trino as a traitorous guy.

Princearif

Jan 6, 2021
I had a theory in the previous version of the game regarding the relationship of cordia,antonio and MC. And the event specified above during the rescue mission further support my theory that maybe, just maybe, antonio might not be cordia's real son, did anyone noticed that after cordia and antonio spoke about the fazio guy(the one that burn the records and al(forgot his name)) that he was not giacobe's real son but an adoptive one, antonios inner monologue in the game changes and pertains regarding that topic, it was like he was questioning or maybe having doubts if he was in the same positiob(just my take on his monologue), and since Gildart mentioned that both of the mc's parents didnt show the cunning that he possessed it lead me to theorize that maybe, just maybe the mc is cordia's son afterall, since cordia is known not just by her fighting prowess but also her intelligence/cunning. Ofcourse this is just a theory and the fact that i think that cordia is not the lying type would contradict this, but still there is still a chance that cordia herself didnt know that the mc is her son, maybe he and antonio got swapped at birth during the original serpents betrayal and all, and honestly if this is correct, i could actually see wilfred being the one to swap the kids or have some kind of knowledge of it and just kept quite about it.
If this theory had some real things then there would've been a tag with Incest cause we're seeing cordia as an LI ;")

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Though tags should only be mentioned once the content is in the game, and there is no Cordia content as of now. (I still don't believe the theory though)
Same here. I think, hope has confirmed - somewhere in this thread - that donna Cordia is not the mother of the MC. He has also confirmed that no incest will be in the game.
Thus Luna/Gracie/Isabel/(Eiza) and MC can't belonge to the same familiy.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I have to say I hate the new contracts. The old ones weren't amazing either, but at least they were quick, the new ones are just a time sink. I had to restart without them. It's a shame because him doing some minor jobs for the family that aren't connected to the main story is good, but they're way too involved now. The good news for me is that I wasn't caught up before the hiatus as I saw saves were going to break and waited for 0.7, so as I go through the rest of the game there is going to be new stuff for me. :)

clms100

Mar 19, 2020
Hi, I have a problem with two missions. The first is "Contract Mission: Burn the Ombras" despite having bought the gun and having it equipped it tells me that I don't have it and does not let me start the mission. The second problem is related to the "What is truly weak is truly strong" event, the fourth main event, I have satisfied two of the three requirements necessary to start it, the third tells me to show up in the morning at the office entrance, but not nothing happens ...
I managed to do it by removing the gun and equipping one of the gloves, and that worked for me.

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
I'm amazed at how well this game could translate to a big studio VG release.

An unknown youth - but soon clearly someone of some lineage - enters a hostage contract with one of the 5 big families, 'hostage', albeit favored. He (or she!) is given access, a fair amount of freedom, and is clearly being groomed for command.

- Does he marry one of the DeLuca girls and achieve a co-management of a Great Family? (since Antonio clearly isn't going to make end-game!)...or gain status, but then cold-bloodedly eliminate the family and step in to pick up the pieces?
- Does he romance a Scorpion Princess and work with her to 1) take over the Ombra family, then 2) advance them to the Big Five?
- Do the DeLuca's set him up in his own territory, either by knocking out one of the minor families, or handing over the territory they got from the Fazio Apology? Then he connives and works to become a major family, and maybe even a top 5? With the DeLuca's gaining a powerful ally for their support?
- Does Jalen's family co-opt him and turn him into a mole. Do he and Jalen do a buddy movie a la Thor/Korg and take over the whole Criminal enterprise?
- Does he reconcile with his parents and become a free agent?

There are plenty of other options, I'm sure.

The gameplay would have to be expanded, like move from a lot of the text in the missions into, say, active or team management. Resource management. An active diplomatic function. Customizable character (select traits/training gained from his Snake mom and father - unknown, but obviously not a nobody)

He has powerful potential patrons/allies: the Delucas, Jalen's family, a Snake mother, unknown Father, Mr. High-Five.

Regardless, this has vastly more potential than any of the 'Mafia' titles that have been released over the years. And, frankly, is fantastic in its own right in this venue. Hats off to the creators!
He could end up being BoB.......

marzou14

Jun 3, 2017
It reminded me of something from "I'll protect you".
At a moment Antonio fought few guys and slaughter them. Angelo watch and say "he gets that from his father" (or something like that because I remenber it from the french version).
But in the mission "my name is luna", we learn that luna's father is defenetly not this kind of guy.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Though tags should only be mentioned once the content is in the game, and there is no Cordia content as of now. (I still don't believe the theory though)
Retreading my own steps in a way: since adoptive family does count for the "Big I" tag - would the Omertà count as well?

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
It reminded me of something from "I'll protect you".
At a moment Antonio fought few guys and slaughter them. Angelo watch and say "he gets that from his father" (or something like that because I remenber it from the french version).
But in the mission "my name is luna", we learn that luna's father is defenetly not this kind of guy.
There was a theory in this thread about that. Antonios and Luna/Gracies fathers different. That would justify both Antonios and others age gap and Antonios words -I can relate his situation(said about MC)- in hidden recrding. It was talked about 2-3 pages if I remember correctly

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes