Scarecrow13

Jul 16, 2017
I'm amazed at how well this game could translate to a big studio VG release.

An unknown youth - but soon clearly someone of some lineage - enters a hostage contract with one of the 5 big families, 'hostage', albeit favored. He (or she!) is given access, a fair amount of freedom, and is clearly being groomed for command.

- Does he marry one of the DeLuca girls and achieve a co-management of a Great Family? (since Antonio clearly isn't going to make end-game!)...or gain status, but then cold-bloodedly eliminate the family and step in to pick up the pieces?
- Does he romance a Scorpion Princess and work with her to 1) take over the Ombra family, then 2) advance them to the Big Five?
- Do the DeLuca's set him up in his own territory, either by knocking out one of the minor families, or handing over the territory they got from the Fazio Apology? Then he connives and works to become a major family, and maybe even a top 5? With the DeLuca's gaining a powerful ally for their support?
- Does Jalen's family co-opt him and turn him into a mole. Do he and Jalen do a buddy movie a la Thor/Korg and take over the whole Criminal enterprise?
- Does he reconcile with his parents and become a free agent?

There are plenty of other options, I'm sure.

The gameplay would have to be expanded, like move from a lot of the text in the missions into, say, active or team management. Resource management. An active diplomatic function. Customizable character (select traits/training gained from his Snake mom and father - unknown, but obviously not a nobody)

He has powerful potential patrons/allies: the Delucas, Jalen's family, a Snake mother, unknown Father, Mr. High-Five.

Regardless, this has vastly more potential than any of the 'Mafia' titles that have been released over the years. And, frankly, is fantastic in its own right in this venue. Hats off to the creators!

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Wait...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We do not meet Siobhan, The Scorpion Princess, until the final mission of the current content.
She's the one who looks like Lagertha, that we meet during the rescue mission.
The girl from the first contract is just called Bikini Girl. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I think the reason is Luna had an alliby to present in the room, Gracie didnt. And while Luna openly defies the orders of the family to some extend Gracie did that only one time for show off her talents. Being present in that event wont have obvious rewards but many possibilities of angering family, so why should she attend?
Well, of course Luna's official position is a Capo, and MC is a Soldado. But that to Gracie, I don't think really matters (given she basically came into the Don's office without permission while Cordia, Wilfred and Antonio were questioning Trino which later ended with his execution, with MC watching).

So unless they had people guarding the room or the meeting was done behind locked doors, Gracie would have just came in to interrupt and make her complaints no problem (and it's not a stretch to think that given Cordia to some extent spoiled the girls, and there was clear lack of punishment).

And even if that is the case (i.e. meeting held behind guards or locked doors), I kinda expected some degree of annoyance at least from Gracie to Wilfred or Cordia complaining once the report meeting concluded if I'm honest (even if it's outside of the actual meeting itself).

But shrugs, that's just me. Perhaps she might say something in the next update to reference it.
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Well, of course Luna's official position is a Capo, and MC is a Soldado. But that to Gracie, I don't think really matters (given she basically came into the Don's office without permission while Cordia, Wilfred and Antonio were questioning Trino which later ended with his execution, with MC watching).
She also came in after the guy had been executed and didn't bat an eyelid at the dead body.
I also think that she would walk in, if she wanted to.
Unless Cordia had explicitly ordered them out and there were other Family heads in the meeting.
There was just no reason for her to, nothing to gain, so she didn't.

A lot of people have been wondering about Cordia content, for the next update.
I wonder if MC will make a start on fixing her's & Luna's relationship....

Last edited:
Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
A lot of people have been wondering about Cordia content, for the next update.
I wonder if MC will make a start on fixing her's & Luna's relationship....
lol I can sort of see a lot of people rioting with pitchforks :LOL::ROFLMAO: if we don't get Cordia content, especially with that tease Wilfred gave in "Portend"

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
lol I can sort of see a lot of people rioting with pitchforks :LOL::ROFLMAO: if we don't get Cordia content, especially with that tease Wilfred gave in "Portend"
lol I can see it now! Run for the hils!!! :ROFLMAO:
Talking of Cordia, I know I've gained a couple of hearts for her, but can't see anyway of viewing how many.
The "?" section calls them RP, but there's no stat for this that I can see, for any of the girls.

• Haha

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
lol I can see it now! Run for the hils!!! :ROFLMAO:
Talking of Cordia, I know I've gained a couple of hearts for her, but can't see anyway of viewing how many.
The "?" section calls them RP, but there's no stat for this that I can see, for any of the girls.
I wanted to post a Simpsons rioting gif, but kinda wary Mods will try and remove the whole post lol

All I can remember with her are the following:

+1 RP if you reply to Cordia "I've been treated well" when she asks you at the initial Family breakfast
+1 RP (at Cordia's office) when you decide to sacrifice yourself for Luna and Gracie at Beach Prison event
+1 RP when MC gives the whole "loyalty is not given blindly, it is earned speech" to Eiza, with Cordia and Wilfred present

Don't remember there being others, especially there aren't any Cordia events yet.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I wanted to post a Simpsons rioting gif, but kinda wary Mods will try and remove the whole post lol

All I can remember with her are the following:

+1 RP if you reply to Cordia "I've been treated well" when she asks you at the initial Family breakfast
+1 RP (at Cordia's office) when you decide to sacrifice yourself for Luna and Gracie at Beach Prison event
+1 RP when MC gives the whole "loyalty is not given blindly, it is earned speech" to Eiza, with Cordia and Wilfred present

Don't remember there being others, especially there aren't any Cordia events yet.
lol I used the WT from the OP again to make sure I got them all.
Just figured there would be somewhere to see the current count, for each girl. I know their picture changes, the more we get.
Just seems odd to not have a displayed amount gained, particularly when the "?" section makes specific mention of them.
There's a whole section devoted to RP, but no way to see how many RP you have.

Princearif

Jan 6, 2021
Did you go to collect the Soldado package (which includes the clothes, and Soldado pistol) at the park with Luna by speaking to Wilfred at the boss's entrance (after promotion event with Blackie)?

That's what I forgot to do, and solved it for me.
Yes i collected the package but no gun :")

• Thinking Face

Anthaeus

Dec 9, 2018
I'd like to start with apologizing for actually making a serious post for once, but I need to point out a flaw in my favorite game caused by the new contract system.

During some of the events, references are made to things that happened in the old contracts. As the old contracts aren't there anymore some of the dialogue doesn't make sense.

For example, when the MC is trying to help Isabel and Gracie become friends, he talks about constantly breaking up fights in the tavern, which was one of the old contacts.

No idea what the best way to fix this is, it would probably easier to add contracts that have similar content to the original ones instead of re-working the dialogue, but it's something that's going to bug me until it's sorted out.

As for the new contracts system in general, I prefer it to the old one as I enjoy some light puzzle solving and it makes it feel more like a game instead of a VN to me. We do need a proper introductory mission though, maybe Wilfred could "punish" Dominico, Lothario and Cesarino for training on the house lawn by making them show the MC around town. I'm sure Dominico would enjoy explaining the MC's mistakes to him and the other two could tell him what he should have done.

That's enough seriousness for me to last until we finally get some action with the Dragons.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018

So unless they had people guarding the room or the meeting was done behind locked doors, Gracie would have just came in to interrupt and make her complaints no problem (and it's not a stretch to think that given Cordia to some extent spoiled the girls, and there was clear lack of punishment).

And even if that is the case (i.e. meeting held behind guards or locked doors), I kinda expected some degree of annoyance at least from Gracie to Wilfred or Cordia complaining once the report meeting concluded if I'm honest (even if it's outside of the actual meeting itself).

But shrugs, that's just me. Perhaps she might say something in the next update to reference it.
Thats true but we know while Gracie acts with just her brain Luna tends to act with her emotions. Sometimes she just acts without thinking. Gracie on the other hand wouldnt do anything if there is nothing to gain and there is nothing to gain to attend that meeting. She will learn everything from Luna anyway.

Reactions: c3p0

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Just started. Going for full immersion route. Still in the intro and I can tell HopesGaming has stepped up his game. Images were top notch before but these are 100% better. I am very impressed and just that was very much worth the wait. (y)

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I'd like to start with apologizing for actually making a serious post for once, but I need to point out a flaw in my favorite game caused by the new contract system.

During some of the events, references are made to things that happened in the old contracts. As the old contracts aren't there anymore some of the dialogue doesn't make sense.

For example, when the MC is trying to help Isabel and Gracie become friends, he talks about constantly breaking up fights in the tavern, which was one of the old contacts.

No idea what the best way to fix this is, it would probably easier to add contracts that have similar content to the original ones instead of re-working the dialogue, but it's something that's going to bug me until it's sorted out.

As for the new contracts system in general, I prefer it to the old one as I enjoy some light puzzle solving and it makes it feel more like a game instead of a VN to me. We do need a proper introductory mission though, maybe Wilfred could "punish" Dominico, Lothario and Cesarino for training on the house lawn by making them show the MC around town. I'm sure Dominico would enjoy explaining the MC's mistakes to him and the other two could tell him what he should have done.

That's enough seriousness for me to last until we finally get some action with the Dragons.
This is very true, and yeah the Gina's Tavern contract is (which MC mentions to Gracie in Town time event) not there (come to think of it, I really can't remember much about the old contracts at all).
There's also the mention of how MC doing contracts for the retired Capo Vincent (and how Vincent is mad that MC has used his storage for his "perverted" means) during The Blizzard princess event, where we haven't gotten a contract for either.

I just went with it thinking it just happened somehow even if they're not playable, but now that I think about it it would have been nice if these contracts were present tbh.

In terms of adding them in, With the five Contracts, my level as Soldado is already maxed, so I'm not sure whether it will be all that helpful in terms of gameplay though (although, come to think of it they can give more rare equipment and renders which I wouldn't mind)

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes