JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I am still waiting for hopes to reveal that Serpent is MC real father, he is clearly the mother ex-fiance same skin tone, best friend with cordia and his interest in MC. MC is extremely cunning while neither of his parents were and Serpent is smart. His constant remark about mc having his father eyes could be a distraction.He could also be looking out for him out of respect for his former lover.
That would basically contradict Cordia's answer to MC in her office scene that Rina (MC's mom)'s ex-fiance isn't MC's father though, unless she is lying.

And to be honest, I don't think Cordia is someone who outright lies to others. She may keep the truth hidden by not saying anything (like not telling MC why he has a contract with the DeLucas), but her reply then was definite "No." more than anything.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
That would basically contradict Cordia's answer to MC in her office scene that Rina (MC's mom)'s ex-fiance isn't MC's father though, unless she is lying.

And to be honest, I don't think Cordia is someone who outright lies to others. She may keep the truth hidden by not saying anything (like not telling MC why he has a contract with the DeLucas), but her reply then was definite "No." more than anything.
If i remember correctly MC asked cordia if she was his real mother to which she said no, nothing about his father.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Completely different topic: during The Painter when you go to the place where the thief is hiding you don't get a real "explore" option but an interaction "look around". Sounds a bit contradictory.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Not only that, but Serpent seems a little too young to be his father, and seems to hate his father......A LOT
The latter wouldn't convince me. Self hatred of a former self and acting like it was a different person has happened in literature and movies. (Okay, movies also skip the age issue by having both the 16 yo daughter and her 40 yo mom being played by 25 yo actresses, but here it may be a point)

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
When MC says father he is talking about the man that left his mom which he considers his father so of course cordia would say no so she is not lying. If he asked if he was his real father then we would know for sure.
Well we're talking about this with the assumption that "Serpent" is Rina's ex-fiance aren't we?

What MC's basically asking to Cordia here is whether that man seen hugging Rina in the photo (i.e. Rina's ex-fiance) is his father (biological ) or not, in which she said no.
Afterwards, he asked whether Cordia is his actual mom, and she replies Rina will always be his biological mom.

So it would basically conflict with established lore to have "Serpent" as MC's biological father.
"Serpent" basically hates MC's father (which was evident in his first meet with MC), and even Cordia notes that MC looks so much like his father (in her character bio in the beginning of the game).
Both cases just won't make sense if "Serpent" ends up being MC's real father, as well as contradicting what Cordia said to MC, as I said before.

What I think likely happened is, after MC's actual (biological) father abandoned him when he was so young, time and time again "Serpent" came to visit Rina (my guess is even though everything that happened with Rina calling off the engagement, he continued to love her, and continues to love her even to this day), and became fond of MC in his own way.
That's how I think MC has some memories of "Serpent" from his childhood (saying his voice feels familiar, soothing). Not because he is MC's biological father, but because he acted more of a father towards MC than his real father did himself.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
The latter wouldn't convince me. Self hatred of a former self and acting like it was a different person has happened in literature and movies. (Okay, movies also skip the age issue by having both the 16 yo daughter and her 40 yo mom being played by 25 yo actresses, but here it may be a point)
Serpent being his father is just an assumption but him being the former fiance i'm pretty sure about that. It has been stated by different characters that serpent even acknowledging a nobody like the mc is unheard of. He can't be just watching over the child of his former love. Maybe he is not the real father but the plan is for him and cordia to become his mentors/parents, i mean cordia is already giving the motherly love while serpent is trying to teach him to be more ruthless/disciplined.

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Stoked about finally having this reworked update. Haven't started playing it yet, finishing up another game. I am seeing 90-95% positive remarks about it though. I have yet to use the skip feature in Renpy for any game, sandbox or otherwise. If I like a game I will put up with the grind until it gets in the way of enjoying it, no matter how many times I have to restart. Just the way I like to do it so I can play it the way the DEV intended. BTW Reading this thread has taken more time than the game will and that was using the "skip" feature in F95--the middle scroll button on my mouse. :cool:

angel6666

Dec 28, 2018
Did you ever read the first page ????? You need to restart the game, none compatibility with old save

hi guy, what is the better choice for the gameplay Cam or audio recorder ? I know cam is for more graphics but for maximasine the point what is the better choice ?
i mean a new save from v0.07 that start from the end of v0.06

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Well we're talking about this with the assumption that "Serpent" is Rina's ex-fiance aren't we?

What MC's basically asking to Cordia here is whether that man seen hugging Rina in the photo (i.e. Rina's ex-fiance) is his father (biological ) or not, in which she said no.
Afterwards, he asked whether Cordia is his actual mom, and she replies Rina will always be his biological mom.

So it would basically conflict with established lore to have "Serpent" as MC's biological father.
"Serpent" basically hates MC's father (which was evident in his first meet with MC), and even Cordia notes that MC looks so much like his father (in her character bio in the beginning of the game).
Both cases just won't make sense if "Serpent" ends up being MC's real father, as well as contradicting what Cordia said to MC, as I said before.

What I think likely happened is, after MC's actual (biological) father abandoned him when he was so young, time and time again "Serpent" came to visit Rina (my guess is even though everything that happened with Rina calling off the engagement, he continued to love her, and continues to love her even to this day), and became fond of MC in his own way.
That's how I think MC has some memories of "Serpent" from his childhood (saying his voice feels familiar, soothing). Not because he is MC's biological father, but because he acted more of a father towards MC than his real father did himself.
Come on man help me there i'm just trying to make it like MC didn't get the worse luck ever with 2 crappy parents. Serpent is definitely being set up to be a father like figure for mc and given that Mc father is still alive and working in the mafia world there will clearly some kind of face off.

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
No, in fact iirc at one point (conversation between Cordia and Giacobbe I believe) it's mentioned the original serpents (the ones in that picture) turned on Cordia, it wouldn't make much sense for one of them to then rejoin the new serpents

"Serpent" basically hates MC's father (which was evident in his first meet with MC)
Specifically he mentions this in the context of MC having his father's face, this coming from the person who's defining trait is an effort to conceal his own (to the point of shooting people over it), it wouldn't be too out of left field for the "big reveal" being set up to be "I hate my own face because seeing it reminds me of *insert greatest regret*"

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Come on man help me there i'm just trying to make it like MC didn't get the worse luck ever with 2 crappy parents. Serpent is definitely being set up to be a father like figure for mc and given that Mc father is still alive and working in the mafia world there will clearly some kind of face off.
lol don't know about you, but I actually don't even mind even if MC got stuck with 2 bad biological parents.
I love flawed characters, and MC having parents issues adds layers to his character to explore.

So for me, "Serpent" being a father-like figure to MC (with MC's biological father somewhere out there still) works best. Both of them have a lot of baggage and burden on them, and despite their rocky start (after the Straffan meeting), them finding that emotional connection to somehow connect through the Stealth mission (even though they're probably not blood related) did feel like one of the highlights of this update.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
lol don't know about you, but I actually don't even mind even if MC got stuck with 2 bad biological parents.
I love flawed characters, and MC having parents issues adds layers to his character to explore.

So for me, "Serpent" being a father-like figure to MC (with MC's biological father somewhere out there still) works best. Both of them have a lot of baggage and burden on them, and despite their rocky start (after the Straffan meeting), them finding that emotional connection to somehow connect through the Stealth mission (even though they're probably not blood related) did feel like one of the highlights of this update.
100% with you here Serpent and MC interaction was the best past of the mission. Mc reaction to serpent calling him weak in their numerous interaction is funny and ironic considering mc purposely makes himself look weak. Another Highlight is when that man(don't remember his name Gil something) explains to the other capo how mc relishes being underrated and considered weak.

Reactions: JJJ84
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes