underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
I doubt it. Though I could see a potential path with luna and gracie given how much they love eachother and how happy the mc makes them. I could see them willing to share with eachother.
Yea. I believe MC can start a relationship with both of them. Well, I'll keep dreaming about a path where MC can keep, at least, Gracie, Luna and Isabel :D

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
So, as huge fan of music(did some song writing back in the day, even danced at my wedding to a song I wrote for my wife), i've done some thinking about if the mc was the same way, and I concluded that of all the songs from my playlist the one i would "write" for luna would be wonderwall. Any else feel that's a fitting song for her?
I like the idea of having songs for the characters. Only problem is that music is emotional and often connected to experiences (I love songs I should hate due to having good times connected with them, and vice versa), I doubt everybody will agree. From a subjective standpoint: I hate Wonderwall (no bad memories, I just find it grating), so no from me, but not meant to trash you :)

Has anyone got a complete save?
I played right up till last release, I serious am considering dropping this game if I have to start from the beginning and just click through till I get to end of last update.
I really love this game, even was a supporter on pat.
A complete save will certainly come sooner or later, however, I have the feeling from the posts of the regulars that many people are like me: exploring the nooks and crannies of the new gameplay and rediscovering the story. I lose a lot of time just reminiscing on how nice something was that just happened and how it is nice to have revisited it instead of just CTRL skipping it. So wait a little, or try replaying it, it really is a much nicer experience to revisit than I would have thought myself.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lord Verminaard

Toram Eldin

Jul 2, 2018
What events were added in this update? I know it isn't many at all, but I wanted to know so I can post two saves when I get there, one right before the new scenes and another after it's all done.

Zmeu

Jul 15, 2017
HopesGaming

Love the new mission/contracts mechanic - makes it less of a mindless mouse-click grind (plus, it satisfies the nostalgic part of my brain). I'm on the fence regarding whether RNG/Dice Rolls would be better than the current system (as others have suggested) - maybe implement it for some as a test?

I HATE (not really) that I had to play through Luna's "backstory" part again - one of the most genuinely uncomfortable moments in my gaming history (and I've played some truly shocking and deplorable games over the years) - so well done, I guess!

The final mission (the rescue) was good - a little short, IMHO, but good. Would like to see it fleshed out a little - particularly the interactions with Siobhan.

All-in-all, I'd say the changes and new content were worth the wait - Just about. Please don't make us ever wait that long for more time with Luna again!

Reactions: Cartageno

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
I am still waiting for hopes to reveal that Serpent is MC real father, he is clearly the mother ex-fiance same skin tone, best friend with cordia and his interest in MC. MC is extremely cunning while neither of his parents were and Serpent is smart. His constant remark about mc having his father eyes could be a distraction.He could also be looking out for him out of respect for his former lover.

Reactions: dav3knight

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I am playing and when I try to go do the contracts I fail in a lot of them. I want to try to get the most out of the game like the bikini girl in the first mission. Should I play the game getting know the family a lot, then do the contracts or should I get to know them a little and do a contract?

Thanks
As you gain some stats from the girls' Side Mission, I'd suggest doing the Promotion Event and the missions for the girls. When you've finished all missions for Isabel, you'll have gained +3 Charisma. +3 Intelligence for Gracies, +3 Agility for Luna's.
You can successfully complete the 1st Contract without meeting all of the encounters.
Stealing the Jacket & the Jewelry is enough for contract success. You gain XP and money from this, which helps you to progress and buy better items, which will enable you to beat the other encounters.
In the delivery boy mission someone said to get the holy pants you have to get a flag and place it at the end of the map, but when I get to the end of the map it said go to the marketplace and get a flag, how do you get the damn flag it doesn't give me an option to get one it just gets the package for the nuns I'm confused.
You have to fail one of the two stat checks, with the Nuns, at the start.
Might need to downgrade your equipment.
Guide to Contracts here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiffa Adill

BeachpartyX

May 23, 2020
I very much enjoyed replaying the game again after that long time. It impressed me once again how deep the characters and story are developed. This makes this game really outstanding.

The Chibi graphics do not really fit to the rest of the game imho. However it does not significantly interfere the immersion. So it works for me.

Hopefully the future focus will be back on the great renderings which I hold in high regard.

The new mission interface however is a big improvement. Especially in combination with the render sequences this is a great option to narrate the story. To join that totally insane raid party and to rescue Eiza's sister was so much fun. :ROFLMAO:

HopesGaming : Please continue to share many more crazy stories of the DeLucas with us. (y)

Thierry29

Jun 3, 2017
i need a save file for the end of 0.06 pleas
Did you ever read the first page ????? You need to restart the game, none compatibility with old save

hi guy, what is the better choice for the gameplay Cam or audio recorder ? I know cam is for more graphics but for maximasine the point what is the better choice ?

Last edited:
Reactions: angel6666

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Honest thoughts after finally finishing The DeLuca Family v0.07.

The Godfather DeLuca is back, and it was a really, really welcome return.

The Breakdown

Main Story:

With the restart, going through it all again was, I'd have to say was a quite pleasant and emotional experience, even though I went through most of the previous storylines before. Additions such as MC and his future rival Dominico's first meet, or alteration to MC and Leliana's greetings again in "Fly, White Bird, Fly!" were little touches, but they actually added to the whole connective tissue of the narrative and I liked that.

With the Eiza's sister rescue missions and its aftermath, well I loved it.
MC's engagements with various characters in the Stealth Team, from Serpent, Caterina, Amata (damn her lines just cracks me up, her & Caterina's banter might just be the best part of the rescue mission in terms of dialogues), Amita was just too fun, and even with characters like Siobhan (a new character we encounter in the Rescue mission) I loved it.

Others we know such as Gildart, Onorina, Elita, Angelo, Battista, Michael, Pelata, Gray, Bionde and many others, lots of interesting (or eccentric) characters are present.
And of course, we have interactions with Eiza, as well as Cordia, Luna Wilfred and others, we all know and love. This just comes to show that Hope's writing still remains top notch.
A lot of awesome/interesting things happened in this update in terms of narrative in the main story, and I'm looking forward to the game's future.

Contracts - narrative and characters:
Now, the first part of the Contracts I'll discuss will be, the narrative and the characters in it.
The 6 contracts which arrived with this update had all very compelling narrative that I liked to various degrees (come to think of it, I don't think there is any contract that I disliked in terms of its narrative).

With Contracts, we gets to meet some characters first here before we meet them through the main story (unless the player went with VN only mode), such as Leliana Jokren, the nuns Amita and Amata,
In terms of characters, I particularly liked how the Bonan contracts really fleshed out Leliana's character which we didn't see too much in Isabel's "Fly White Bird, Fly!" event.
Even characters like Amita and Amata, while we don't get to see as much in the main story, we still get a welcome introduction as to what sort of characters they are with MC's contract with them.

And characters such as the jewel lady we meet in the Nimble Fingers, even though I'm getting the feeling she's likely to be contracts-exclusive character, has me really looking forward to MC's next meet with her.
Other interesting characters would be the old man in Nimble Fingers contract, as well as the friendly dog (perhaps it's just me, but I kinda hope we get to see this dog in main story too, heh. Might be a very welcome pet for MC)

In terms of their story, as I said above, I liked them all, but perhaps the one that I was particularly impressed with the "The Painter" contract's narrative. A long-running narrative of that Contract with the mystery of what happened, and the whole story especially after I reached the true ending I felt was very touching.

All in all, kudos to Hopes and all the community writers of these contracts. You all did a very well done job, and I'm looking forward to more of these Contract storylines and how these game characters get more fleshed out through them.

Contracts - gameplay
I have to be honest, at first the new gameplay in the Contracts system I felt frustrated with because I was not used to it, and wasn't strong enough. But as I spent more time playing them, I grew to like it quite a bit.
In the beginning, it does feel like there is a little bit of grind (but not overbearing) because you as a player don't have enough good items to equip the MC, and in early stages there are considerable expenses to spend even in the main story as well (such as MC's cameras, Gracie's jeans with holes, Isabel's wines, Luna's shoes etc etc),
But there are events where you earn money as well (such as Beach Prison event, Promotion event), as well as Contracts itself giving money as its reward.

So soon after starting the game, I think I was trying to balance my money making decisions to where to spend my money first etc.
A big mistake I was making also was that, I was just jumping in these Contracts expecting to 100% them all in my first try, but that wasn't the case and hence the frustrations. But with more playthroughs, I realized that wasn't the case. The point of these Contracts was to be played multiple times, and see the player's MC evolve over time with better equipment, and better stats compared to the previous try, until we get to the point where we 100% the contract itself, getting everything.

In some ways it felt a bit like solving a puzzle, or a rubik's cube which I previously didn't know the solution to before (but getting the immense satisfaction when I finally crack it). So they really grew on me, and I enjoyed them quite a bit.
Swapping in and out the equipment to do a contract better than I have done before, and whenever I passed an attribute test (e.g. Perception passed etc) which I failed previously, it was good to see (such as in a Bonan contract, if you fail a Perception test, you get nothing, but if you pass it next time, you share a kiss with Leliana).

I've mentioned The Painter Contract above in the narrative section as well, but having enough stats in Threat, Intelligence etc to finally get the true ending for that one, it was really worth it.
Plus, Special Renders rewards, a lot of them are pretty darn cool (and saucy:sneaky:).

To conclude, perhaps others may feel differently about it (and that's fine), but I loved this update.
The Contracts were a welcome addition as a whole, and the main story additions did not disappoint.

Thanks HopesGaming for another great update, and I'm already really looking forward to your next one.

Now, some questions:

1) Who did the Chibi characters design? They look sooooooooo good. I'm guessing when we get Cordia update, we'll be getting her Chibi design as well. Any chance we'll see more of them? Eiza? Caterina? Amita? Amata? Wilfred? Antonio? Serpent? etc?

2) So we currently have Chibi Isabel as one of Special renders. Will other girls Chibi designs also be Special Render rewards in the future?

3) Are we gonna find out
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
?

4) Any chance we can sell our old, obsolete equipment back to the shop rather than just discarding them? My guess is, with higher ranked contracts, shops will have higher priced equipment also. While we're likely to have increase in income with Promotion and other events as well, I actually think it might be great if shops can buy our old equipment back at second hand price (like 70% or 80% of original purchase price).
It would fit with MC's in-game personality too, with how he reacts to expensive things.

5) (Not sure whether you can say anything about this, but) will we get to visit Isabel's former workplace "The Daring Flamingo" a bar of the underworld (possibly for Isabel's Netori or even Friendship path, to dig more into Antonio's secret life)?

6) In Antonio's bio, it says he dislikes the Profaci Family. Will we find out why in a later arc?

7)
So far, I have gotten every single Special Render except Milky Luna. Is that Render not available yet in this update?

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
I am still waiting for hopes to reveal that Serpent is MC real father, he is clearly the mother ex-fiance same skin tone, best friend with cordia and his interest in MC. MC is extremely cunning while neither of his parents were and Serpent is smart. His constant remark about mc having his father eyes could be a distraction.He could also be looking out for him out of respect for his former lover.
For forgive me if I misunderstood but wasn't it already revealed that his mom was one of the original serpents?

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes