whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Well, it's been over 30 years since I wrote any games in BASIC, so I guess I'm a bit rusty.

It does amuse me when people pretend to be professional game developers when they can't even use punctuation or provide a simple example of their work. I understand that NDA's prevent details being disclosed, but no game developer would ever refuse to point at a game and say "I made part of that". Even if it was an extremely bad game in their opinion, it could be used to show how much they have improved by pointing at a game they made and liked later on to show how they have improved.

I've never worked on a commercial piece of software, but I've coded, debugged, sworn at and threatened to murder the family of many millions of lines of code in many languages over the last 40 years, (yes I'm a old man), more than enough to know that although I could debug the volume of code in a project the size of this game in a few hours once I was familiar with it, I wouldn't have a clue where to start with the creative side of things.

Writing code is very easy, writing good code is harder, but having a reason to write the code in the first place is very hard. HopesGaming has infinitely more creativity than I do, and has quite openly admitted to having a limited skillset as far as that side of things is concerned. The creative side of things is by far the most important component in a game, code monkeys are 10-a-penny but people with a vision for a good game are not.

Anyone who thinks that 2 bug release in 2 weeks working on code that several other people wrote, (or getting the writers to debug their own sections of the code), has quite obviously never worked with code, (or code monkeys), before and can be happily ignored or made fun of by people with more than two brain cells.

Anyway, can we have a scene where one of the Dragons rides Floaty into battle next update please?
Very, very well said, sir. (y)
(Particularly the dragon request!)

bloombee

Sep 16, 2017
Well, it's been over 30 years since I wrote any games in BASIC, so I guess I'm a bit rusty.

It does amuse me when people pretend to be professional game developers when they can't even use punctuation or provide a simple example of their work. I understand that NDA's prevent details being disclosed, but no game developer would ever refuse to point at a game and say "I made part of that". Even if it was an extremely bad game in their opinion, it could be used to show how much they have improved by pointing at a game they made and liked later on to show how they have improved.

I've never worked on a commercial piece of software, but I've coded, debugged, sworn at and threatened to murder the family of many millions of lines of code in many languages over the last 40 years, (yes I'm a old man), more than enough to know that although I could debug the volume of code in a project the size of this game in a few hours once I was familiar with it, I wouldn't have a clue where to start with the creative side of things.

Writing code is very easy, writing good code is harder, but having a reason to write the code in the first place is very hard. HopesGaming has infinitely more creativity than I do, and has quite openly admitted to having a limited skillset as far as that side of things is concerned. The creative side of things is by far the most important component in a game, code monkeys are 10-a-penny but people with a vision for a good game are not.

Anyone who thinks that 2 bug release in 2 weeks working on code that several other people wrote, (or getting the writers to debug their own sections of the code), has quite obviously never worked with code, (or code monkeys), before and can be happily ignored or made fun of by people with more than two brain cells.

Anyway, can we have a scene where one of the Dragons rides Floaty into battle next update please?
Really well-said mate. Huge respect. As a pretty rookie coder and a designer, you simply described my mind when seeing the backlash and hate comments.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Reluctant Archon & Ataegina are both more on the mythical side.
As is Rebirth, although more horror associated.
All 3 have excellent stories. As do Sorcerer & Tales From The Unending Void, plus a couple more sci-fi types.
Seems you have a particular genre you like with those titles. I have played Tales from the Unending Void it's pretty good. Sorcerer I only know from making fun of the dragon which seems to annoy a few people not to mention any names (Ayhsel). The others I haven't checked out but if they are that good perhaps I will at some point.

Floaty riding a dragon sounds awesome. As long as the dragon doesn't have feathers. :sneaky:
Sorry I couldn't resist.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Seems you have a particular genre you like with those titles. I have played Tales from the Unending Void it's pretty good. Sorcerer I only know from making fun of the dragon which seems to annoy a few people not to mention any names (Ayhsel). The others I haven't checked out but if they are that good perhaps I will at some point.
Yeah, I do like mythology, crime, horror & sci-fi.
Think most of my books and films are in these genres, too!
lol will send you a PM with a couple more, in line with TFTUV. (y)

• Angry
Reactions: badikfannnnn222

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It does amuse me when people pretend to be professional game developers when they can't even use punctuation
This may be the least relevant part of what you said, yet it is one I heavily resonate with. If there is one thing in the world where getting the syntax right is important, it is coding. Computers will do what you tell them to. Exactly what you tell them to. One teeny tiny error that not even the most anal grammar policeman would pick up on and everything crashes (if you are lucky) or starts introducing slightly off variables which will break in a completely different place if you're less lucky. And while everybody will still make mistakes all of the time, an appreciation of using proper syntax to be understood just should carry over into normal life - meaning you will have at least a resemblance of structure in your text, you will at least try to write coherently.

This is another thing that we see often, also in respect to graphics. How often have I seen people talk about how many renders their rig could do in what amount of time. Yet completely forgetting the time it takes to set up the scene, to move the plants on the window sills so they look right, to get the correct camera angle so that the feelings or the dynamics of the situation are visible without even reading the text. Or at least to make sure that the characters aren't half floating half clipping into a wall.

How often have we seen comparisons of "number of lines of dialogue in number of months development time". Yeah, I could beat all the devs on here in that, I am quite a fast writer. However, it would just suck as a story.

/end rant

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Yeah, I do like mythology, crime, horror & sci-fi.
Think most of my books and films are in these genres, too!
lol will send you a PM with a couple more, in line with TFTUV. (y)
Cool feel free I'm usually checking out different games in between update cycles from the ones I follow. Well when I'm not here starting shit for my entertainment.

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
Love the update with the fixes and the NEW GUI. Is it just me or there no OBJECTIVE Description for "The Painter"? Thanks again for a great game... cheers

Reactions: HopesGaming

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Love the update with the fixes and the NEW GUI. Is it just me or there no OBJECTIVE Description for "The Painter"? Thanks again for a great game... cheers
The Painter is the most involved and developed story, of the 5 contracts.
When you say objective description, do you mean instruction on how to proceed?
If so, I found no issue in navigating what was required.
If you get stuck, the "Walkthrough" link in the OP takes you to a post containing a guide for the contracts.

• Angry
Reactions: badikfannnnn222

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
It must be troll day. Guess it's been a week already.
lol this one's the FP retard who was making 20 accounts per day, cos he got repeatedly banned.
He lost his impetus when the update came out.
Seems his carers let him back on the PC.

Reactions: WhiteyG

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
The Painter is the most involved and developed story, of the 5 contracts.
When you say objective description, do you mean instruction on how to proceed?
If so, I found no issue in navigating what was required.
If you get stuck, the "Walkthrough" link in the OP takes you to a post containing a guide for the contracts.
No, I meant when selecting between the 5 Level D contracts I cannot see and description on the top. See attached pics.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There was a description in 7.1 but no longer there in 7.2.. See attached pic..

Reactions: JJJ84 and whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
No, I meant when selecting between the 5 Level D contracts I cannot see and description on the top. See attached pics.

There was a description in 7.1 but no longer there in 7.2.. See attached pic..

Ah, right. There's no description of the objective. I'm with you. (y)
I thought you meant a description which was objective. lol :ROFLMAO:
I've not played 7.2

• Haha
Reactions: Darklord_1965

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020

Floaty riding a dragon sounds awesome. As long as the dragon doesn't have feathers. :sneaky:
Sorry I couldn't resist.
Watch it with the fairie dragon bashing......it won't end well for you.......

hahahaha listen to this milker wasn't you in a break for 7 or 8 months while you milked this update hhahahaah man you have no shame...
Welcome back! you've been missed! (like a saddleless bike)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

Sorry I couldn't resist.
That is because tou have not played it. That dragon is pure love! Luna's level of cuteness.

And all the games mentioned there are great: Ataegina, Reluctant Archon, Rebirth all have Ayhsel's recommendation.:)

Last edited:

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
Ah, right. There's no description of the objective. I'm with you. (y)
I thought you meant a description which was objective. lol :ROFLMAO:
I've not played 7.2
Nahhh, I just know that you bring us perfection every update, so I just wanted to make sure you added this small thing to your TODO list when you release your next update... Keep up the great work my friend... ;) (y)

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes