Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
HopesGaming If it possible (and easy) I would add hovering tipps for the stats. Make it a lot easier for all of us to know which symbols which stat represent (or add the text under the symbol).
Pistol = Ap
Shield = Dp
Thief = stealth
Skull = treath
Muscle = power
Brain = inteligent
Flash = speed
People = charisma
Periscope = perspective

Book = knowledge

Larzeranna

Jul 5, 2020
Larzeranna Dude, if you're going to write a review, please make it factual.
"This latest update took 9 months to release and (as has been mentioned in other reviews) contains no sexual content whatsoever."
Apart from a blowjob from Sister Amita and sex with Eiza, you mean?
Maybe play the update, before commenting on it?
You're right. Let me edit it to include: Main characters. Sorry about that.

Larzeranna

Jul 5, 2020
The rest of your review sounds like a complaint about this specific update & the length of time it took.
This has been explained previously and extensively.
It's really not a useful review, in it's current state.
Why are you arguing with me? As I said I followed for 3 updates, gave it a rest then came back to game that had hardly changed. Opinion on the quality of the story hasn't changed. Thoughts on the amount of sexual content hasn't changed.

You don't have to like it, but that's my review. Don't like it then tough luck, mate.

Reactions: lbt

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Did the 0.7.2 update actually change the dependencies of the quests on one another?

whichone you have collected my post and a couple of other post for hopes with bugs and inconsitens, i can't find the post anymore, do you have an overview of what has been included in the following updates?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I'm afraid that wasn't me, mate.
I think it was JJJ84 who was collecting info. He put the stuff altogether for Hopes.
I know what was included in 7.2, but only from the Changelog.
Haven't read the changelog for 0.7.2 so I don't know exactly what was changed, other than the ability to see the MC wearing the equipment.

Just had a talk with TechSupport in Hopes' Discord channel, and he said to players to use this as a temporary fix until the next update (regarding The Painter contract description bug).

Just drop and replace the following file in the missions folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Regardie

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
Haven't read the changelog for 0.7.2 so I don't know exactly what was changed, other than the ability to see the MC wearing the equipment.

Just had a talk with TechSupport in Hopes' Discord channel, and he said to players to use this as a temporary fix until the next update (regarding The Painter contract description bug).

Just drop the following file in the game folder.
Changelog for 0.07.2:

Changes and new features:

Mission Contracts can now be fully controlled via keyboard shortcuts. Designed so it can be played with only the left hand
-navigation: W,S,A,D. Explore: E, Interact: Q, Inventory: Z, Abilities: X, choices: 1-9, Continue: Space, Skip: Ctrl

- Nimble finger now also give Hardened Leather Gloves (R) when getting S
- Stats has been changed to icons (Visual change)
- Icons has been added in appropriate choices (such as battle choices)
- Gallery will stay unlocked even outside of the save game.
- Added all missing events to gallery replay
- Added new Explore stat for mission contract. Will give an overview of how much of the
contract you have explored.
- Added a little scene where the dog can save MC during nimble contract fight (Morbil)
- Saves now inform people what version the saves is and if it is compatible or not.
- Added an image of MC that shows the different gear you wear.
Works with all current equipment.
- Overhaul of the main mission GUI during contracts
- Transparent dialogue box added
- Many new translatable huds and gui

Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where the Nimble Finger Fight gave the D rank no matter what
- Fixed an issue that overlapped a mission and Wilfred when not having enough HP/MP
- Fixed an issue where consumable quantities wouldn't update
- Fixed an issue where some room hotspots would persist into events
- The Painter missing description fixed
- New line markers in The Painter fixed
- Can fall through to Painter Talk label in mission The Painter fixed
- Prevents player discarding the pistol so you always have at least one gun
- Peeking stealth bug fixed
- Gallery replay bug fixed
- Bonanzo Meeting top right broken map fix

Big thanks to Morbil for the help and even code writing for some of the new features and fixes.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JJJ84

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Why are you arguing with me? As I said I followed for 3 updates, gave it a rest then came back to game that had hardly changed. Opinion on the quality of the story hasn't changed. Thoughts on the amount of sexual content hasn't changed.

You don't have to like it, but that's my review. Don't like it then tough luck, mate.
You're correct, these are your impressions and it is perfectly fine to share them - others may have the same views about this game. And they may be helped by it. E. g. if somebody wants a "fuckfest", this game isn't for them.

However, while these are your impressions, I'd like to argue two points and question a third.

Let's argue first:

(1) In my opinion, update time has nothing to do with update quality, and I think reviews should be based on quality alone. After all, once this game is finished, nobody playing it cares about how long it took.

(2) When you talk about the new contract sytem you dislike (which is perfectly fine) you argue that "very, very few" people would like it. This somewhat clashes with what was said in this thread - I've seen quite a few people like it and consider it an improvement. That doesn't mean that you or anybody else has to like it, the 1 star can still stand, however I find it a bit misleading to claim some kind of majority here. Same for the "Let's all be honest" part referring to the same issue.

My question:

(3) How did you come to the conclusion that a mafia game with capos going all the way from rollerblading, via flail wearing, to pretending to be karate nuns; a game with toddlers tormenting a poor Wilfred; a game with off hand dialogue about ice cream is taking itself "so seriously"? - I mean, you can still slam it: not well done, not fitting the mood, too many emotional ups and downs to be coherent, absolutely unfunny, incoherent characters, so again I do not want to diminish your 1 star conclusion - this is your opinion and as valid as anybody else's - but I do not get how you come out of this game and consider it taking itself seriously.

Last edited:

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
played and enjoyed right up through the 6.6 update... little disappointed in lewd content and the cliff-hanger, but i liked it. :D
i have NOT played since but it looks to be a FPS now??? :mad: making me use my keyboard with lefty so righty can play with 'me' ??? Hey, i may be wrong on this call but, in that case i might as well go back to fallout 4 and lewd it to death....

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
(3) How did you come to the conclusion that a mafia game with capos going all the way from rollerblading, vial flail wearing, to pretending to be karate nuns; a game with toddlers tormenting a poor Wilfred; a game with off hand dialogue about ice cream is taking itself "so seriously"? - I mean, you can still slam it: not well done, not fitting the mood, to much emotional ups and downs to be coherent, absolutely unfunny, incoherent characters, so again I do not want to diminish your 1 star conclusion - this is your opinion and as valid as anybody else's - but I do not get how you come out of this game and consider it taking itself seriously.
lol so true.
Any game with just Joey and Gottardo, clearly is not taking itself seriously, at all.
Add the sisters, one of whom is a football hooligan. Caterina on her rollerskates.
Yeah, clearly aiming for high level realism! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
played and enjoyed right up through the 6.6 update... little disappointed in lewd content and the cliff-hanger, but i liked it. :D
i have NOT played since but it looks to be a FPS now??? :mad: making me use my keyboard with lefty so righty can play with 'me' ??? Hey, i may be wrong on this call but, in that case i might as well go back to fallout 4 and lewd it to death....
No, it's not first person in that content & it's not a shooter, so absolutely not an FPS.
The key navigation is left handed & is only for the dungeon aspects, in the contract missions.
You do not have to use it, the navigation buttons you use the mouse to interact with are still there. (y)

• Hey there
Reactions: VN..reader

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Since I have yet to see any useful FO4 lewd mod (all the ones I tried sucked ass) let me assure you: this is not even close to be an FPS. More like an 1980s text adventure, only that WASD will shorten the classic "Go North" or similar commands. There is no time pressure reacting to the game, after everything you do you can still order a pizza without having in game problems. (There is some time pressure in one mission as to how many moves you might take, but unless you intentionally move back and forth to waste time I don't really see how to reach the limit if you have any experience with games at all.)

• Hey there
Reactions: VN..reader
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes